Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Stay out of it

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
Jason

Jason

Full name : Jason Sutherland

Stay out of it  - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 2:59 pm

It’s something else if it was just but for me, but this is you, the group, the whole fucking thing.” He said with a sigh, squeezing her hand gently. He was worried for her, especially because he knew it was safer for her to be here. With capable people. She then said something that made him frown. “Think what? That I did it because of us? Like I wouldnt do it for Isaac, Todd?” He asked, maybe a but harsh but he hadnt only done it because he had a crush on her. A knock on the door made him pull away and he sat back down with a sigh.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Full name : Emmeline Jacobs
Quote : How can someone be cold as a corpse when they’re this hot?

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 3:04 pm

Emily stepped in and was a little surprised to see Jason sitting like he had been there for a while. She didnt comment on it. “Is the grumpy cat still here?” She asked, though he was probably still under the bed, angry and annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

Full name : Daphne Nyx

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 3:10 pm

Nyx felt like she was taken down a notch, his words harsh but she knew it had to be like that. Yeah, he would've done it for the others too - well maybe not Todd, but he was an asshole anyways. The knock on the door surprised her, Jason moving away and she moved over to her bag, trying to be normal. "Come in," she said, as if she had a real choice when all of this wasn't under her control.
Lucky for her it was Emily, and she turned her head to look at her, not liking how that cheek looked. "Uhm, yeah, I think it's still under the bed," she said, not really having noticed it, but she could hear the warning hisses from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 3:47 pm

Emily went to check and Jason decided to get up and leave, not really saying anything. He didnt know how to feel about Emily but so far she had just been a thorn in his side without even doing anything. It wasnt really her fault either so he wouldnt be angry.
Surely enough the cat was still there. “Are there any cat treats left?” She asked or rather asked herself, getting up to go check, sighing as there wasnt, she began pulling up her sleeves. “Can you hold the crate and close it when I put him in?” She asked, looking at Nyx. She knew she would get scratched up but it had to be done.
Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 4:00 pm

Nyx closed up her bag, hearing Jason leave she wasn't sure there was anything to say. She didn't even know when she could go back and see him. The notion about catching that cat wasn't really appealing, but she guess she couldn't have it stay at the safehouse. "I didn't know Rhys had a cat," she said, grabbing the crate, moving with Emily to the bed. "But I guess last time I checked he didn't have a girlfriend either, so I'm guessing he's trying something new," pulling a faint smile, but she wasn't sure how to feel about Emily. Rhys seemed to really like her, but the way she was acting wasn't really making her that likeable to the others here. "Here kitty," she said, having the crate ready.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 4:13 pm

He didnt.” Emily admitted, to then hear the addition. Well, she had been right about that quite recently. She was quiet for a bit as she tried to deduct how to grab the cat without traumatizing all three of them. Eventually she just reached in to get swatted and when she didnt move away it bit. She grit her teeth and grabbed firm but not hard around the back of it’s neck in exchange for some more scratches. She however barely realized that it was supposed to hurt. “Sorry, kitty.” Pulling out the cat she made sure she had a good grip, using her other hand to lift so she wouldnt just be dragging it. Getting it in the crate she sighed and let go, pulling her arm out so Nyx could close it. Looking down her arm she just pulled the sleeve down before the other girl could see the damage, if she hadnt already. “Thanks.” She sighed, not feeling really good about handling the cat like that.
Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 4:38 pm

The cat was clearly upset, but once it was in the crate and it was closed she could breathe more easy. Placing the crate next to her bag she looked to Emily, "well I'm ready when you are," she said with a small nod. Looking at her she had barely seen the scratched up arm, but she chose not to comment on it.
Once they were ready, Nyx placed her bag over her shoulder, letting Emily handle the cat crate as she lead the way out of the safehouse. Once they were out on the street a car was waiting for them. Nyx got in the back with Emily and the crate between them. Looking to Emily to give her address before they were off. The drive wasn't too bad, but Nyx wasn't sure what to talk about. "So .. You and Rhys .." she said, feeling the need to punch herself from being so stupid, "where did, uh, you meet?"
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 4:59 pm

"Yeah, I'm ready." she said, taking the crate to head out. She hadnt expected a car to be ready for them, but she guessed that there were a lot of things that would happen, some which she could never expect. She just followed Nyx and brought the cat that hissed and seemed to hate his surroundings with a fiery passion. Emily didnt blame him. She looked out the window until Nyx spoke to her. Blinking a few times, she scoffed at her own thoughts before she hummed. "Uh. It was a little weird. But I guess just being at the right place at the right time?" she shrugged. There wasnt really any other way to describe it. "I didnt really like him at first. But I guess that I do have a tendency to be really mean in the beginning." she explained. "He was also very persistent once he caught an interest I guess. It's kinda cute?"
Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 5:10 pm

Nyx scoffed softly, "sorry that I can't really imagine him like that," but it wasn't because she didn't like him, it had more to do with the fact that she saw him as a big brother. Despite his scary looks, he had been good at taking care of her. He had been the one to introduce her to Jason because they were probably roughly the same age. At least in looks. "He's a complicated person, but he needs someone who can accommodate him and his quirks," well that was the nice way of putting it.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 5:20 pm

“Dont apologize. It kinda makes sense.” She said, pulling a slight smile, as she looked at her. Nyx called him complicated and somehow Emily had the impression that everyone who seemed to know him would say that. Could she not see it because she was a little complicated too? “I dont know what quirks you’re talking about.” She shrugged. Though it might have sounded like an invitation to elaborate, Emily wasnt sure she wanted to know about Rhys from anyone else but himself. Especially when all she had seen so far was everyone being fearful of him to some extent.
Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 5:31 pm

Emily sounded sweet and she hummed at the reply, "he's a good guy," she felt like she could finally say it without someone laughing it off. Looking down she took a deep breath, "and he's not the monster that everyone says he is .. So don't take any crap from anyone, alright? Or I'll beat their skull in for you." It might've sounded like a joke but she was dead serious.
They arrived at the apartment complex. Nyx got out first, checking the immediate area but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Emily could come out, and she would stay close behind to watch out. "Shitty neighborhood," she muttered.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 5:50 pm

Now that was something they could agree on, Emily smiling as she nodded and hummed. He was at least good to her. And from what she knew about Mortimer's shop, he wasnt just some heartless brute. "Trust me, I dont take crap from anyone as it is." she chuckled. She hadnt grown up among mean girls to let all that potential be trampled by people who were rude.
When they arrived, Emily stepped out, noticing how Nyx was staying close. The mutter she chuckled at. "Yeah, it really is. But it's quiet and no one is snooping around, not for long at least." she just said. She had chosen this place because it was convenient to her needs, not because she wanted to live somewhere good. "It's prettier inside." she said, nodding for Nyx to follow her inside. Dave was on the way out, not looking too good from the encounter he had had and seeing Emily he panicked a little and hurried right past them, not saying a word to the carrier in Emily's hands. Once they were inside, Emily looked around, to remember the mess she had left in her bed. Putting the carrier down, she went to her bed, check that the stains were still hidden on the other side of the duvet. "I'll never get this off." she muttered before glancing towards Nyx. "Uh. Just make yourself comfortable."
Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 6:03 pm

Noticing the scared guy who had his hand wrapped up along with nasty scrapes on his face she didn't think it was out of the ordinary for this neighborhood. Once inside she looked around, seeing the pictures on the wall was a bit surprising, but then again it was perhaps because it looked so cozy. Seeing the stains she sighed, walking over she inspected them, not caring if she was overstepping. "I can get that out for you if you want," she said with a light shrug.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 6:10 pm

She was quite surprised when Nyx just walked right up to her and inspected the stains as well. “I dont think I want to know how.” She said with her eyes slightly narrowed but accepted the help regardless. She took off the hoodie that was also covered in dried blood, inspecting her arm that was scratched and bitten, one scratch went a little deep. “Hopefully I wont have to grab him again.” She muttered to herself before she looked towards Nyx. “So what went wrong? The task.” She asked, mostly because it seemed to be the hot topic around back at the safe house.
Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 6:27 pm

Nyx hummed, starting to strip the bed. They were lucky that the mattress had minimal stains so that was easy. She grabbed the hoodie as well. Heading out to the bathroom she felt lucky that there was a tub. Placing all the items in to it, she started filling it with water. The question however made her stop, looking down a little shameful. "It was supposed to be easy .. Sort of a get in and get out sort of deal," she said, heading out, looking through the cabinets until she found baking soda, just putting in a nice amount as well as some bleach with the water. "Todd was supposed to take care of the guys, Isaac had the door and Jason was going to get the briefcase," she said, not sure how to describe what else, "I was decoy .. Distracting the main guy and make everything run smoothly, but .." She went quiet spacing out as she clearly hadn't really had time to process it fully.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 7:01 pm

She helped with the bed, mostly because it was all her own doing so she wouldnt just make Nyx clean up for her. At least she wanted to feel that she had helped a slight bit, where she was allowed. She listened as Nyx spoke of their mission, just humming and nodding. It sounded easy when she said it like that. But it probably wasnt.
Nyx suddenly stopped and Emily looked at her with a small frown. "And then? What happened?" she asked. It was better to talk about than to keep in. That was what Emily had been told by the clergies when they had found her. Somehow that had always stuck with her. Not that she could remember that it was exactly from that instance at this point in time.
Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 7:08 pm

Nyx wasn't sure what to do, but Emily pressed for an answer, "another guy claimed me; turns out he was one of the Barley brothers." Her eyes glazed over for a while before shaking her head a little, "when I got out, things had went to shit and the others were gone .. I didn't know what to do so I panicked and went back to the safehouse only to find out they hadn't made it back yet." Nyx wasn't normally easy to scare, but the thought of her fault hurting any in her group was tearing her to pieces. "I should've taken that beating for Jason," she muttered, because it was her fault, she had gone with him because the situation called for it.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 7:19 pm

If Nyx really didnt want to talk about it, Emily hoped she would say so. Unless she'd feel bad for pressuring her at some point. She frowned a little at the notion of who it was. She guessed that he was a part of another gang or mafia or whatever The Barley Brothers wanted to identify as. "No, they went to Rhys." she said with a sigh. It was easy to see that Nyx was blaming herself for it. "What other choice did you have? It would have been suspicious if you didnt go along with it. And then you probably would've been caught. That's way worse than this right?" she asked, raising her brows a little.  She wasnt commenting on the mutter because it wasnt her place. "I'm sorry it didnt go as planned." she said, mostly to sympathize with her. Also because it genuinely sounded like a shithole to be caught in. "If it means anything. Then I know what it feels like when nothing goes as planned." she scoffed, lifting a hand to feel the bandage on her neck, a little absentminded at the confession.
Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 7:31 pm

"He wasn't meant to be there," she just said, frowning as she was unsure whether she could explain how it had happened. Emily of course didn't blame her, but it was easy for an outsider to say that. The comment however made her smile slightly, "I don't want to assume things, but you're different," but that could be understood in different ways. "I love my job, despite everything I feel like it's the right place for me," and yeah, maybe she was a bit blinded by the fact that she looked up to Rhys. "I don't need things to go to plan, as long as I reach the goal in the end."
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 7:52 pm

Nyx called her different and she curled her brows a little unsure of how to interpret that. "Different? In a good or bad way?" she just asked, chuckling as she looked at the tub with the concoction that was sizzling a little bit. She hummed at the statement, not doubting that there was motivation there from seeing Rhys, she at least could imagine it. "And the goal is still the briefcase?" she asked, crossing her arms a little as she looked at her.
Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 8:10 pm

"Well it's still up for debate," she chuckled softly, shrugging, but wasn't that fair enough? They barely knew each other. Her eyes moved to the fizzing tub, nodding as it came along nicely, "the briefcase, yeah, but I don't think they'll risk putting me on that mission again." But that was pretty obvious, sending Emily a sad smile, "I guess that's why I'm on babysitter duty." Though it wasn't all bad if she was being honest. She grabbed a toothbrush, not caring if it was one Emily used as she sat down on the side of the tub, grabbing on to a bloodied area as she started scrubbing.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 8:25 pm

"Hm." she hummed and nodded, it was fair enough. She could imagine that the mission was merely stagnated for now, and Nyx's words made sense. As she said babysitter duty, Emily shrugged. "You are free to go if it's that horrible. I mean it's not like I..." she said as she noticed how Nyx had taken her toothbrush to scrub the fabric. "... am forcing you to clean my bedsheets. Okay, I guess I'll just let that happen." she finished it with a defeated sigh, not even going to bother with telling her off for that. She left her for a bit to go check on the cat. Yep, still angry as hell. She went to her kitchen to fetch some food for it, feeling her own stomach rumble. Shit. She thought as she opened a tuna can, walking over to open the crate and place the can down in front of it.
Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 8:39 pm

"Oh relax, I'll get you a new one," she said, rolling her eyes as she just got to scrubbing the blood off. She had clearly done this a million times if not more, letting Emily go to take care of the cat. Holding the sheets up to the light she hummed to herself. They needed a good wash now and then maybe another treatment, but it would be out before tomorrow that was for sure.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 8:58 pm

"It's about principles!" she argued as she went to tend to the cat. She sat crouched down, just speaking to it, hopefully reminding it that she hadnt handled it to be mean. But she figured that it would only really answer to Rhys and he just werent here now. "Where do you want to sleep?" she asked towards the bathroom, raising her voice a little so Nyx could hear her. "You can have the bed if you wanna." she suggested, though she didnt quite have anywhere else to offer up, so it wasnt like the options were endless.
Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 EmptySun May 15, 2022 9:07 pm

The mention of sleep made her hesitate, though she dumped the sheets and the hoodie in to the washer, starting it on a thorough cleanse cycle. Drying her hands off she came in to the room where Emily was, "you can take the bed .. I'm not allowed to sleep before someone comes to take over my shift," she shrugged. It was sweet though, the way that she was making accommodations for her. "I'm guessing your fridge is empty? I can write someone to deliver whatever food you want?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stay out of it
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next