Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Stay out of it

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
Emily

Emily

Full name : Emmeline Jacobs
Quote : How can someone be cold as a corpse when they’re this hot?

Stay out of it  - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptySun May 15, 2022 9:14 pm

She looked to Nyx as she came back, though it surprised her that she said she wasnt allowed to sleep. That at least raised a question. "What's the bag for then?" she asked, because now it stood out a little if it wasnt for staying over. The mention of food made her feel that hunger again but she shook her head. "I did some shopping, it should still be fine." she said, getting up and going over to check. Sighing she checked the packaged meat. Yeah, sadly it was still fresh and edible for everyone else. "Yep, I'm good."
Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

Full name : Daphne Nyx

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptySun May 15, 2022 10:09 pm

In the bag? She chuckled, "you didn't think I would have to defend you with my bare fists, right?" She winked at her, indirectly telling her that there were indeed weapons of some kind within that bag. She came out to the kitchen, humming at the reply as she nodded approvingly, "Alright, I'll send for a new toothbrush for you though," she muttered, shrugging lightly as she wasn't to worried, but still a bit sorry.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptySun May 15, 2022 10:17 pm

"Geez." she just sighed, thinking it was maybe a bit excessive. She really doubted that it was that necessary. She was just some random girl, even if there were rumors and talk. "We could also just go and get one ourselves?" she suggested instead. What, were they just going to sit around and stare at each other until they were tired of it? No, Emily knew that Rhys probably would have wanted something more careful, but she also couldnt just let herself be catered to like this. "Come on." she said with a nod, grabbing her jacket. "I'll show you the rest of the shitty neighbourhood."
Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptySun May 15, 2022 10:53 pm

Nyx wasn't sure that it would be a wise idea, but alas she had to go with her regardless. But she guessed that Emily knew that already. "Alright, fine, but let me at least get a second to get ready," she sighed, taking her bag and heading to the bathroom. Closing the door she stripped down, changing clothes into something that looked more casual, as if her and Emily were simply two friends hanging out. However she also hid away several weapons that were not spotted when you looked at her. Even patting her down it would be hard to find.
Coming out once more, she fluffed up her bangs humming, "let's get this show on the road," she muttered, not really stoked about going out, but she was kind of at Emily's mercy at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptySun May 15, 2022 11:12 pm

"Alright, go get ready." Emily said, letting her go. In the meantime she looked through her own closet, taking off the bandage and peeling off everything to let her neck breathe. It wasnt bleeding anymore which was good. She could put on a turtleneck and keep it hidden while it was healing. She also changed pants and put a baggy shirt to finish the outfit. When Nyx came out, she just hummed and put on her shoes. Making sure that the cat wouldnt just run out once the door was open, they headed out.
It was quiet on the street. Very quiet. Emily kind of liked it. She showed Nyx around as they walked down, telling her what turn led where and where not to go. Eventually they reached a roundabout and Emily stopped for a bit. "The store isnt far from here." she said, sending Nyx a small smile. Then she continued and eventually they got to the store. "So how is this babysitting going to work? Are you going to watch me all the time?" she asked as she went down one aisle to look at the selection of toothbrushes.
Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptySun May 15, 2022 11:23 pm

She followed, albeit not quite enthusiastic about this little fieldtrip, but she was just going to have to keep her eyes and ears open. Emily was kind enough to show her around, which helped as it meant she knew the layout of the outsides a little better. Always neat to know the fasted way to and from the apartment.
Reaching the store, Nyx just followed her around, only once in a while glancing at the items being sold, but not really caring much for them. The question made her hum, "basically I'm at your disposal," she explained calmly, looking around at the different kinds of toothbrushes. This seemed complicated. "So think of me as like your shadow I guess," she thought out loud, though not sure if it made sense. She grabbed a few more toothbrushes than Emily was going to need, as she would perhaps need to clean off blood some other time - so it was better to be prepared.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 1:22 am

“For now.” She said, narrowing her eyes lightly. What if their father found out? Would he really accept them wasting time on some girl who they hadnt even known existed before today? She couldnt really wrap her head around it and decided not to. Frankly she was tired of reminding herself that she was just some nobody, even if it was true. She noticed the extra toothbrushes and scoffed softly. “Okay, well knock yourself out.” She remarked, taking all the toothbrushes to the cashier who seemed a little confused that two girls were buying that many toothbrushes. Emily paid and then hummed for Nyx to follow. But Emily didnt want to just head straight home. So she went on a detour. A kind of a big one too. Because they ended up at the park that Rhys had made her show up in when he had asked her on a date. “He made me come here after work. I didnt really want to but I ended up checking, to see.. well if he had been serious or he was just mocking me.” She explained, chuckling as it maybe was a little silly.
Back to top Go down
Nyx

Nyx

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 10:08 am

Nyx just followed along. She wasn't sure why Emily was taking her all these places, but she felt like she got to understand how she had come to fall for Rhys. It seemed so unlike him, and yet she could imagine he was lonely enough to start trying again. The rest of the day went pretty uneventful, and it made her shift that much easier. In fact she was relieved.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

Full name : Rhys Kaine

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 10:09 am

Rhys was finally being released from his shackles, but it didn't mean he could leave just yet. He needed to get some things in order before he could go see Emily - even though he really wanted to. He had gotten dressed, zipping up his hoodie to hide away all of the cuts. He had sent for the group, interviewing Isaac, Todd and now finally he had called for Jason. He was sitting in a couch, swirling a drink around that wasn't anything more than water with painkillers dissolved in it.
Back to top Go down
Jason

Jason

Full name : Jason Sutherland

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 10:30 am

Jason always had a way of making a special appearance. This time he was shoved through the doorframe, a goon following behind with a hardened expression. “He was on his way out before we caught him.” He said, Jason coughing and getting back up, wiping a bit of drool off his chin before he glanced towards Rhys. His expression was unmoved for a bit but then he budged and looked a bit more defeated as he shrugged. “I wasnt running away. I’m not a pussy.” He said, sending the goon a tough look before looking at Rhys again. “I’m just worried. A feeling in my gut.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 11:09 am

Rhys sighed, rubbing his nose bridge a little in annoyance before he just waved his hand at the goon to leave them. He gestured for Jason to sit down, not really saying much, instead taking a sip of his water. "You once pledged your loyalty to me," fuck it, he downed the glass of water, needing to feel the relief of the painkillers to work faster than they were. "Does that still hold to this day .. Or have you gotten soft on me?" he asked rather seriously.
Back to top Go down
Jason

Jason

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 11:15 am

Jason sat down and looked at the man sitting in front of him. If it wasnt because he was a bit used to how Rhys had that aura around him, he would be far more tense now. But it did put him a little on his toes. Especially because they still hadnt gotten to the fact that Emily got hurt when he had said she couldnt. “It does. I’m not going soft.” He said, frowning as he refused to believe that himself. “You know I’ll always be loyal to you.” He reminded him, though it wasnt to plead with him. It was just a downright fact.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 11:23 am

He hummed, nodding as he placed the glass down on the table in front of him before leaning back in his seat. He folded his hands in his lap, looking at Jason up and down. He looked like he had taken a beating earlier too, but they both know he had fucked up. "Then tell me why you insult me and disobey my orders then," Rhys wasn't a patient man, but he was willing to hear Jason out, let him plead his case, "I mean it's not like you've made any progress with Daphne either."
Back to top Go down
Jason

Jason

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 11:40 am

He should have expected it and yet it made an expression of dismay spread on his face as he looked away a little shameful. “I tried to keep her safe.” He muttered but he also knew it wasnt good enough. While he sought inside himself for some kind of answer, it seemed that realization hit him more than any sensible answer to Rhys. He just nodded, like he agreed with him. “I guess I’m not fit to lead the group.” He said, looking down as it definitely was a blow to his own pride that he otherwise didnt mind flaunting. But it was also true. “I dont know what the fuck to do about her. She looks up to you, she listens to you, no one else, especially not me.” He said, shrugging as he couldnt figure out how to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 11:58 am

"You're damn right you're not fit to lead that group," he said, but he didn't have to raise his voice to show just how disappointed he was in Jason. He had put a lot of trust in him, and it seemed like everything was coming up short at the end of it all. The following statements were just excuses, "Isaac and Todd mentioned wrong intel," he said, taking a few deep breaths. There was no need to beat it out of him. At least not yet. "Do you know what could've happened to her if any of them had seen through her façade? Have you seen what the Barley Brothers have done to women just for ignoring them?" He shook his head. This wasn't just about Emily, this was about Nyx too.
He got up from his seat, walking over to a desk as he looked through some papers. He hated paperwork, but he knew his way around it. "I need you to get your shit together," he said, more calm than before. He didn't want to be the monster that everyone expected, but how could he not when it felt second nature to him? "Daphne will need to have her punishment .. But so will you," he said, gritting his teeth a little, his jaw tensing. "Your punishment will be watching her getting punished .. And then I want you to fix this shit about the briefcase with a new team."
Back to top Go down
Jason

Jason

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 12:11 pm

He could only sit here and let Rhys berate him all that he wanted. Arguing would lead nowhere. The mention of the wrong intel seemed to make Jason a little anxious, but he tried to play it off cool; but of course he couldnt. He was definitely holding back on something. The follow up question had him grit his teeth. "He wasnt supposed to show up at that time." he muttered, because that was what the intel had said. Which was why it was wrong.
He looked at Rhys as he got up, his eyes following him like he was trying to predict whether he was about to get disciplined or not. However then the conversation switched to Nyx and Jason just furrowed his brows like he didnt agree. And he really didnt. "She did what she was supposed to! She even adapted and managed to work with it when shit went south!" he protested, getting up from his seat even if it was a bad move.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 12:23 pm

"Sit down," he hissed, clearly running out of patience. He turned his head, looking at Jason with cold eyes, and perhaps that was the scariest look he could give him. The fact that the guy had no idea what his fate would be. "This is why you're not making progress with her .. You're being soft, taking the blame and for what? Did she promise you something? Trust me it's not going to be worth it," that was a warning. "I've given you an extra chance to prove yourself, so don't waste your breath on me."
Moving over he was looking straight in to his eyes. "She won't learn if you don't let her," he took out his knife from his pocket, holding it to Jason's cheek. Cutting nicely in to his skin, he made the same cut that Emily had on her cheek when he had seen her. "That was for Emily .. Now get out of here before this knife ends up somewhere else."
Back to top Go down
Jason

Jason

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 12:31 pm

The hiss made Jason sit down instinctively without even realizing until just a moment later. Weird how that worked. He was being soft? It made him angry when he was being called soft, because he believed he was fair. She hadnt promised him anything but he also didnt believe that now was the time to come clean about all the hand holding and kissing they had been doing. No Rhys would beat the shit out of him when that ever came out, that he hoped it wouldnt.
Rhys came closer and he looked at him. Jason would've said something but Rhys already told him to be quiet so he would be. The knife didnt scare him and he could almost figure out what would happen before it did. Didnt mean that it stung less when the knife cut into his skin, making him inhale sharply. With his teeth gritted and a bit of blood trickling down his cheek he got up and looked at Rhys for a bit. Then he left, limping slightly on his right leg. He definitely liked Emily less this time around. She was nothing but trouble in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 12:38 pm

Rhys leaned away, running a hand through his short hair that was slowly growing out. The curls being a bit annoying, but he could live with them for now. He had a lot of work to do, however he made sure to send Emily a text letting her know that he was at least out of the shackles.

[Rhys:] I got a bit of work to handle, princess
[Rhys:] I promise I'll come by tomorrow

He sighed, leaning back in his chair, groaning softly from the pain in his body. He wanted to heal faster, but it sadly took some time, but it was nice to keep Emily updated at least. It meant he had a promise to keep. Besides, Nyx could handle this until someone came and took over tomorrow morning. Then he would have to handle her and Jason.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 12:47 pm

Emily liked the updates too, but the thing that she didnt like about having a shadow as an actual person was the fact that she couldnt do her undead-related things in peace. Hungry? Yeah, no rotten food for you. She doubted that she could at least get away with it, not to mention the smell would be god awful for the poor girl. She tried to snack on some raw meat and it would be just that; a snack.
So when she finally fell asleep, she slept heavy and long. She woke up with a bit of a cramp around her stomach. Maybe being protected was harming her more than it was actually protecting her. She grabbed her phone to check her messages, sending Rhys a message as well.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 12:57 pm

Rhys smiled a little, as she had probably fallen asleep, but could he really blame her? Not really. Today had been stressful enough as it was, and with a lot of emotions. But he had his work to get to and after that he probably had to sit in a meeting with the other leaders.

When Emily awoke she would be alone in the room, not really a sound in the apartment. There was a few footsteps from the kitchen, but they were much too heavy for it to be Nyx.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 1:06 pm

She did hear footsteps in the kitchen, frowning lightly as she couldnt recall hearing Nyx walk like this. Was it someone else? Nyx had mentioned someone taking over but surely the person would have let themself be known before just wandering around her apartment. She reached out and grabbed a little pocketknife she had for purposes that wasnt for harming others. But it was better to have something wasnt it? She walked rather carefully on her tiptoes as to not make any kind of noise.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 1:21 pm

The footsteps got louder, moving closer to the door of the kitchen. The handle slowly turned, and a hand grabbed her arm holding the knife. Rhys chuckled, "you're cute," he muttered, stepping out from the kitchen, still holding her wrist, though not hard and easy to get out of. "Don't worry .. I sent Nyx home .. It's just you and me," he said in a softer tone, lifting his hand to caress her healthy cheek, inspecting the cut on her other cheek. He had nailed the one on Jason's cheek pretty good if he said so himself. "You look paler than usual; Did she give you a hard time?"
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 1:31 pm

She heard the steps grow closer and she did hold her breath. She could never cut someone she thought, that would be crazy. The door opened and she gasped as her arm was grabbed, though she was met by a familiar face who seemed to find her funny. The mutter made her frown as she looked at him, feeling her heart in her throat as she drew in a few calming breaths. He assured her that they were alone but she was worried. “You cant just sneak around while I’m asleep! What if I had stabbed you?” She said, though it wasnt like she was holding a deadly weapon in her hand. The mention of her being paler made her look away. “I’m hungry.” She had to admit in a soft mutter.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 1:44 pm

"Maybe I'm into that sorta thing," he teased lightly, still touching her cheek as he slowly released her wrist, smiling as he leaned in to nuzzle their noses together. She confessed she was hungry, and while she had told him that she didn't eat, he was not one to ask a lot of questions. "Alright, what do you want?" he asked, "we can go grab it together?" Just letting her know he wasn't planning on them cooping up in here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stay out of it
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next