Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Let's get this started

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Callan

Callan

Full name : Dantalion

Let's get this started - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2022 10:05 pm

“Well you also dont have to make him do anything. I’m sure he’ll appreciate that you’re nice to him.” The daemon pondered as they made it clear that they werent too comfortable with being assertive. Who knew? Maybe they’d turn into a real brat once they got used to Xavier’s availability. Callan did find that wonder interesting. He hummed at the reminder and got up to get ready. He dressed rather casual but Callan clearly had a taste too. It did fit his grunt-like personality, rough but not mindless. When Saige corrected his clothes, did he look at them with a look that was maybe soft for a second, before it was time to go.
Xavier did show up as expected and the greeting made him nod as he forced a smile. Not because he disliked them, but he clearly needed some time to adjust to the fact that he was a bodyguard for someone and not just a regular grunt. While they left to get dressed and eat, did Xavier go around, checking that it was still safe. They wouldnt be staying here forever but Xavier thought that it had been quite a while now. When they returned, did the question make him frown as he hadnt expected it. “Where would you want to go?” He asked, frowning lightly as he had to consider whether it was safe.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

Full name : Saige Black

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2022 7:05 am

Saige knew that Xavier was taking his job veryseriously and they truly appreciated it. It was the reason as to why he had this job to begin with. Where they wanted to go? "Well, there's this small art shop in central that I would like to visit," they weren't sure if they truly had a goal after that. "Maybe a good walk and we could get some lunch - my treat of course," they smiled carefully. They were really trying to make this sound appealing to him, as they knew it was enough of a burden to have to watch over them every day. "We could also do something that you would like?" They were unsure of what he liked besides giving sour expressions and smoking, but it was clear Saige was putting in some effort to get to know him. But perhaps that was wasted breath? Besides nobody ever seemed to like them anyways, besides perhaps pitying them.
They looked down, sorta awaiting an answer. Even if Saige was the one who could order him around, they didn't want that. Maybe they just longed to have a friend in all of this? They felt isolated, and besides Callan, Xavier was the only other person they had really interacted with since being here. Not that they wanted to come off as ungrateful, but being alone wasn't really helping their mental state. "If you don't want to, we can just stay here," maybe he just wanted to pass time doing nothing. It was perhaps an easy job to carry out if he just stayed at the hotel with Saige. They swallowed, fidgeting with the hem of their dress, "I'm talking too much again, aren't I?" A soft mutter as they started to doubt themselves once more. Confidence didn't come natural to them. Not in the sense of being assertive.
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 12:42 pm

The trouble he would be in if anything happened to the seraph. He even wondered if Callan would count their hairs to see if any was lost; okay, his frustration got the better of his thoughts there. He listened to the suggestion. Though as they suggested doing something he would like, he shook his head. He then thought about it, considering the risks and what could go wrong; because that was all that realæy mattered to him. How he could prevent it. He didnt realize how long that he was quiet but as they began to go back on their words, did he look a little confused. And then he realized. He should be saying something. “No, it’s fine. We can go to that art shop.” He agreed. The soft mutter made him sigh. They were a little too careful for someone with a lot of power werent they? “You can talk all you want.” He said before he went to grab his jacket. “We’re going now?”
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 5:24 pm

While Xavier thought about it the seraph felt very on edge. Maybe that was why they felt the need to apologize. Had they stepped over a line in their suggestion? Though he soon enough agreed and the corners of their lips pulled up in a careful smile. It was clear from their eyes how grateful they were, as they knew this would only make his job harder. But they just needed to go out, and they had a feeling that he might too? His comment about talking made them a little unsure still. Did he really want them to talk or was he just doing his job in trying to keep them pleased? It was hard to tell. He went to go fetch his jacket, and Saige sorta followed too, grabbing a jacket that Callan had gotten for them because of the cold weather. It was a little too big on them, but they hadn't wanted him to go through the trouble of exchanging it.
Once they were out on the streets, Saige peaked up from their scarf as they started to get big eyes. "It's snowing," they felt so surprised and it was clear it made them happy. Their face lit up, looking at the sky before they looked to their glove that had a few snowflakes on it. They chuckled softly, carefully, almost as if they had to stifle their excitement. Perhaps because they deep down were afraid that showing joy would mean it could be taken away from them. Instead they hid their smile in their scarf as they started to walk. Looking down they watched how it slowly made a little layer over the pavement, and the trees along the sides of the roads were also getting the treatment of it. It made them feel a little disoriented though, but they found their app with the address, and just hoped that they could figure it out without too much trouble. "Do you like snow?" Maybe a stupid question, but they weren't really sure what they were supposed to talk about.
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 11:38 am

It was rather cold outside and Xavier did sink a bit into his own jacket. He hadnt expected snow, so his jacket was not as thick as it could have been. He noticed Saige’s surprise, frowning though his expression was a little softer this time. Seeing the snow made them genuinely happy? He at least thought so as they started to hide away their smile. They were a little odd but he didnt mind. “It has to snow more for it to not just turn into the grey slushy hell that freezes over night.” He remarked. And not to mention how wet it would make his shoes when he had to go home. The question made him hum and nod. “I do. When it’s really snowing. It’s nice to look at. Though I rarely do.” He admitted with a shrug in the end. “I can tell that you like it. Even if you’re trying to hide it away.”
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 2:21 pm

Saige hummed as Xavier rather quickly turned it into something with negative connotations. They weren't sure how to react to that, and now they felt a little silly for being excited about this. Maybe it was just something others found annoying, and maybe snow was just as bad as rain in some people's eyes. He at least admitted to liking to look at snow, though the comment that followed made them feel rather insecure. Hiding slightly away in their scarf they looked at their phone, signaling to him that they had to make a turn. He had noticed, and now it was like they were being scolded, at least by their own head.
After walking for a while, they had decided that maybe Xavier wasn't trying to be mean, even if it was what their brain had told them. "I didn't get to go out much as a kid," they admitted in a timid voice, digging their gloved hand more into their pocket, unsure of if it gave them any comfort. "I was sick a lot; my lungs are really bad and getting sick just hits me pretty bad - though I'm not as bad now, don't worry," they realized that maybe he would have them turn around. But they really wanted to go, and they had dressed plenty for the occasion. "I still have to use an inhaler every now and again," were they even going somewhere with this? They felt a lump in their throat as they saw the shop up ahead. They felt a little too vulnerable to speak much more about their past. Even with Callan it could be hard, but maybe it was easier because Xavier didn't know everything with Gideon on top of it.
Entering the shop there was an elderly woman by the disk, "hello lovelies, welcome in; make sure to close the door well behind you," she then smiled as she noticed it was Saige, "oh dearie, I could barely recognize you with all that on!" Saige unwrapped their scarf, sending her a polite smile, "I'm sorry it has been a while," they said but she scoffed and shook her head, "you kids are always busy, but you always come back." She chuckled and showed Saige some of the new pencils she had gotten in as well as some watercolor paints.
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2022 7:54 pm

He noticed how they were hiding away at his observation and he did wonder why. Was he rude for pointing it out? He didnt think he had been using a mean tone. If anything was he interested in hearing why they liked it so much that it could put a smile on their face. He just kept quiet and followed, in his own thoughta for a bit. They were the one to break the silence again and he turned his head to look at them in surprise. “Why not?” He asked by instinct. And their answer did make him stop for a second like he was considering turning them right back around to go back. How was he supposed to explain if he let Saige get sick! “Geez. Are your lungs bad because you were sick?” He asked. It did sound like winters werent that nice for the seraph. And yet they liked snow. He found it a little odd.
When they got in the shoo, did Xavier stay a little behind, mindlessly looking at whatever he stood by. This was cups and magnets. The seraph spoke with the old cashier and Xavier watched them, or rather, watched the magnets but listened in. He picked up a motif of a clay crab, painted and everything. Didnt quite fit the season.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2022 8:18 pm

"They aren't the best, but I promise I won't get sick again," and they sounded like they were convinced that they could do this. Besides it was just a quick run to the art shop anyways - what could go wrong? Once inside they noticed how he stayed back, but they didn't mind as the old lady started showing them quite the variety. It was clear from the get go that Saige was rather frugal with the money spending. They had a card, but not really knowing how much was on it, they opted to not ever go crazy. Even if Callan had told them not to worry about money, it felt wrong to just use and use. They weren't like that at all. Right now they were trying to decide between a few pencils and it was clear that they adored them all, but they only truly needed one.
The old lady came closer to Xavier, humming as she saw the crab he had picked up, "good pick, though a little lonely, wouldn't you say?" She chuckled, placing a matching crab in his other hand before she went to stock some shelves. Meanwhile Saige had picked a pencil that they felt was fitting for their needs, looking around at some other supplies. They stopped at a rather nice sketchbook that was leather bound with straps and all. Though the price was too high for anything they had ever bought, they just liked to look at it for a little bit. The pages felt nice and sturdy, and they could surely be used for watercolors as well.
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 7:44 am

He was just keeping an eye on Saige, though he didnt realize that he hadnt put the magnet back before the old lady spoke to him, sort of startling him in the process. But he had good control of himself so he didnt flinch. His heart surely felt like it was in his throat though. Being handed the matching crab, he frowned a little, looking at the two. He could see how they in fact were a pair and he hadnt realized before. Did he feel a little silly? Sure. His eyes moved up from the crabs to Saige that was looling at a book. He held onto the crabs before he walked over to them. “A new book?” He asked, just trying to strike up some conversation, though maybe asking the obvious felt a little silly. But he was trying! It looked rather well put together by the looks of it. Expensive probably.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 11:36 am

Saige had barely noticed how Xavier had approached them, and it made them jump a little in surprise as they turned their head to look at him. Humming they looked back at the book, "it's too expensive," they just said with a soft smile, though it was clear they liked it. "The money I use isn't my own, and I don't want to overspend on things I don't really need," were they a little sad at that fact? Maybe it had been different if the money had been some they had earned themselves, but even then they had a perfectly fine sketchbook back at the hotel. And they only really needed a few new color pencils along with a couple of normal ones. "Have you found something you like?" They asked, looking to his hand that had something in them. It at least would make them happy to know that he had found something as well, that way they would feel less guilty about dragging him all the way here.
Once they had found their supplies, the old lady bagged it up for them, and they paid a little reluctantly after seeing the price. For a second they reconsidered their purchases, but on the other hand they truly were running low on supplies. They had been drawing a lot lately, mostly because there wasn't much else to do in the hotel room, and the view was nice enough that they always found something new to sketch out. Paying they grabbed their bag before they could really regret it, and made sure to wrap themselves up in their scarf once more.
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 10:17 pm

Too expensive? Xavier couldnt help but wonder if the seraph even had to worry about money. Wasnt Callan providing for them if they didnt have enough? He already knew that Saige wasnt working. Like at all. They spent so much time together that Xavier thought it was safe to assume. So why did they worry about money? “But you would use this when the other one’s filled.” He argued but they got the final say.
The question about his findings made him look down at his hand, holding the two magnets. He revealed them, frowning a little as he felt unsure. “She caught me looking at them and now I feel like I have to buy them.” He admitted. He just didnt want to seem odd. And why would he be handling the magnets if not to buy one? Yeah, he couldnt leave empty handed.
So when Saige had their supplies, did Xavier get his magnets. He stuffed them in his pocket and once they were outside, did he hand one magnet to the seraph. “She said they had to go in pairs or my crab would be lonely. But I dont think it would mind being lonely. I actually dont think I have the space on my fridge for two crabs.” He said, letting them have the other magnet as a gift.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 10:31 pm

Saige shook their head no, "but I'm barely halfway with the one I currently have, so it would be wasteful," they decided. Sure, Callan always told them not to worry about the finances. That they were being taken care of. But they felt guilty as they felt like they didn't do anything besides studying and drawing. At this point they were perhaps more of an expense than anything else, and they refused to take all they got for granted. A few pencils here and there was acceptable to them, but even that made them feel guilty. Using money wasn't really something they had a lot of experience with. Most of the clothes they wore was always altered or created by themselves anyways, and almost all of it was sourced from thrift shops.
He revealed the magnets and Saige smiled a little at the admission, but they didn't really say much about it. They couldn't control what Xavier did or didn't do. Well they could, but they didn't want to. After having bought their items and heading out on the street, they were a bit surprised to see the other magnet given to them. Looking at Xavier with big eyes it was clear they were trying to see if he was being serious. "T-Thank you so much," they said rather honestly and it was clear from their eyes how happy this made them. Looking down at the crab they felt their eyes water a little, but they tried to hide it. Xavier was really nice, wasn't he? They rarely recieved gifts, but Callan usually got them something from time to time. Not that they were ungrateful, far from it, they usually felt so undeserving and they sorta felt the same now. "Are you sure you don't want them to stay together?" They asked, their voice a bit muttered through their scarf. They suddenly started to feel a little unsure of themselves.
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 10:45 pm

He hadnt expected a big reaction, so when they looked at him with big eyes, did he look a little nervous, looking away to look back at them again. “Oh.” He realized they were thanking him. “Yeah, uh, it’s just a magnet, but I’m glad you like it.” He shrugged, lifting his shoulders a little like he was shielding himself from the cold; but he was actually shielding himself from the fact that he hadnt expected them to be genuinely happy about getting a crab magnet. The question of keeping the crabs together made him shake his head. “No, it’s fine. I’ve decided that mine is a hermit. So if your crab stays around for too long, there’ll be trouble.” He said. Yeah, he was settled. One crab could fit the fridge and Saige obviously liked the other one. It wasnt that hard of a choice.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 11:00 pm

Saige was truly grateful for a gift, but in reality Xavier could've probably gotten them a napkin and they would thank him over and over. But this felt special in a way. They rarely got gifts, and now they felt like they had to give him something in return. However the seraph was much more handy than buying something, so hopefully they could create something useful for him. The notion of a hermit made them chuckle softly, trying to suppress it as it felt strange to even laugh out in public. It just felt like everyone's eyes were on them. "Alright, wouldn't want the crabs to fight," they agreed, clearly always opting for peace.
Looking up the snow was starting to fall a little more thickly and they felt a slight worry within them. Though not one that they could really know what it was, it just felt like an unsettling feeling within them. "Maybe we should head back before it turns into a storm," they muttered, putting the crab in their pocket for safekeeping. They did have a fridge back at the hotel, but they felt it would be better suited on their metal pencil case.
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 7:53 am

“Yeah, that’s a good choice.” Xavier agreed. The crabs shouldnt be fighting if you asked him. He noticed the snow too and somehow his instincts told him to look at Saige but he didnt see anything. Was it just a feeling? “Yeah, let’s go.” He agreed, remembering that they had mentioned sickness earlier. Couldnt have that. No, he would get them home and make sure they somehow warmed back up. Either that be with a blanket or staying in bed. They went back to the hotel and Xavier brushed his jacket off from snow, doing the same for Saige if they’d let him before they went in the room. He checked his phone but there were no messages. It felt weird. There should at least be a reminder to offer Saige some food around this time. “Are you hungry?”
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 9:43 am

Once they were back at the hotel the snow outside had picked up in pace, and Saige wasn't sure how to feel about it. There was just something within them that made them feel a little uncertain about themselves and maybe worried for Callan. He was out there in the snow, working, and they just wished that he could come right home this second. They were helped to a blanket, but their eyes lingered on the windows. The question of food made them place a hand on their stomach before they nodded, "you should eat too," they insisted, but it was perhaps safer to just order something from the hotel itself.
As the food was delivered, Saige felt almost glued to the window, turning around they looked a little distraught at Xavier, "do you think he's alright?" A strange thing for a seraph to worry so much for a daemon. Especially a daemon that was so large that he could protect himself just fine, but that didn't seem to register within their mind. They cared a lot for Callan, cared for his wellbeing and if he didn't come home they were sure to feel bad. It wasn't often they slept without him, and they sorta feared that the nightmares would return if he wasn't there to hold them close. "I know he can protect himself," they said looking back at the window with a sad expression, "but I can't help but worry."
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 4:34 pm

He would make sure that they got food but as they insisted that he’d eat too, he frowned for a bit like he contemplated saying no. He ended up accepting it, moving away to order some food. It would be simple food. And it was delivered faster than expected, with a warning from the waiter to not head outside as the snow was warned to get worse. Xavier did notice how glued Saige was to the windows. The question they asked surprised him. “Uh. Yeah, I would imagine so.” He said with no doubt. Why wouldnt he be alright? It was Callan. They even pointed out themselves that he could protect himself. Though as they said they still worried, Xavier handed them his phone. “Call him then.” He said. It was the best way to remove the worry. Though Callan wouldnt pick up if they called. In fact, it would go straight to voicemail and not even be able to call the number.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 6:13 pm

The phone was handed to them and it was clear they hesitated before they eventually dialed Callan's number. Holding the phone to their ear they started to gnaw a bit at their thumb, feeling the nerves getting to them. Especially as it went straight to voicemail. Their gut was just telling them that something was wrong. Trying to call a few more times they eventually handed the phone back to Xavier, shaking their head as they took their food to the desk. They ate in silence, looking out the window as if that would make the daemon appear. But they had a feeling that they wouldn't get to see him.
Had they cursed it? When they had said that they liked snow, maybe the universe felt like it wanted to punish them. Shaking slightly they could barely hold a pencil straight, so after eating they just cuddled up under the covers on the bed, turning on the TV and pressing their nose into the duvet. The separation anxiety was starting to kick in, and the more time that passed, the more their eyes started to become visibly fluid. But they just stared at the TV, internalizing their worry and turning it into a hatred towards themselves. They should've asked Callan to stay in bed this morning. Told him that they needed him, and yet they couldn't ever be so selfish. And what if he had left them? The thoughts just kept spiraling deeper and deeper.
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 7:09 pm

Xavier hadnt expected that the daemon wouldnt even be able to be reached. He almost felt bad when he realized, apologizing softly as the seraph went to eat their food. Xavier joined them and they ate in silence. When that was over and done and Saige went to cuddle up on the bed, did Xavier go to try and call around. He also went to smoke while he was calling around, just to get that over and done as well. When he returned to the room with the same questions he had had when he left to get answers, did he feel a bit like a failure. And he quite quickly noticed how the seraph’s mood was affected. He went to sit on the bed, reaching over to move the duvet off their face so he could see them better. “Oh you’re crying.” He remarked, removing his hand like he had somehow overstepped, though he looked worried. “Talk to me.”
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 8:49 pm

Saige had just wanted to hide away. Hopefully make those awful thoughts go away and just focus on Callan's scent. It was all they had right now and they felt rather helpless. When Xavier removed the duvet they were a bit surprised, looking at him with teary eyes before looking down. It wasn't fair that he was stuck with a pathetic crying seraph. He probably had so much more he wanted to do than be here. Talk to him? What was there to say? Fiddling a bit with the covers he just kept his eyes on the fabric. "I'm bad luck," they said, their shoulder's shivering a little, "I liked the snow and now the snowstorm is here .. I jinxed it." A bit of crazy talk, but was it really so strange coming from a seraph who time and time again had been blamed for even the smallest of mishaps? Grasping onto the duvet their knuckles turned a bit white. "What if he's out there an he's hurt .. or he's stuck somewhere .. or he's cold and hungry," they kept rambling, clearly worried sick about the daemon. Silly when you would think that a seraph shouldn't care for a daemon at all. "It's all my fault .. I'm bad luck."
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 9:01 pm

He watched them with rather sympathetic eyes compared to how withdrawn he usually was. He even seemed stoic at times or indifferent, but truth be told, he was warming up to them. And it wasnt just because they had been out in the snow. They were bad luck? How? He was confused. And they explained, but he couldnt quite connect how the weather was something they could affect. He sat quietly, thinking of what to say before he leaned in a little; not too much. He wasnt trying to invade their space, but he needed their attention. “Are you even talking about Callan?” He asked as a trying smile spread on his lips. “I dont think there’s anyone more suited to take care of themselves than Callan. I’m sure he’s trying everything to get in contact with you.”
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 9:37 pm

Xavier was right in that Callan was fully capable, but it didn't take away their worry. They worried a lot, and not having the daemon there meant that they had done something bad. He was truly trying to cheer them up, but they weren't really sure why he was acting so sweet all of a sudden. Was it all out of pity? "I know, I just .. he's all I have," they admitted, their shoulders shaking now as it was so clear they were frightened of losing the safe place they had found within the daemon. Who was going to fight those nightmares? Hold them close and kiss them so sweetly? And were they even selfish to think about that? "I can't .. I'm not strong .. I can't protect myself from anyone and .. and he's helped me so much .. I-" they felt like they were starting to ramble now and perhaps it was better just to stop. They hugged the duvet closer, hiding their face in his scent, shivering a bit. They felt so helpless without him. "He's the first person that actually seemed to like me."
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 10:24 pm

Callan was all they had? Xavier felt a little confused by the notion. But then again.. in all the time he had spent with Saige, was he realizing that he had never seen them really contact anyone. The only one he could connect to them was… Callan. They spoke of the daemon and Xavier listened. Though could he say anything that would soothe them? It wasnt his place to comment, so he kept his words to himself, worrying that speaking would insult them. He was just a guard after all. “I see.” He said, looking down before he let out a deep sigh. He looked back up at them, switching between their eyes. “I guess I should go find him for you then.” He said as he got up.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 10:47 pm

When he spoke about leaving, they reached out, grabbing onto his arm with pure desperation in their eyes. "Please don't leave," a plea so genuine that it made Saige cry a little more. If they were alone then the voices would come back. They were sure of it. "Please, just, please stay," it wasn't an order as they clearly didn't think they even had that power over him. He was too kind for even saying something like that, and they felt like it would be risking a lot to just have him leave now. The weather outside was bad, and Saige would have two people to worry about. "It's not safe out there," the hotel staff had said as much. Come on, he's just looking for a way out. Saige seemed to release him rather fast, shaking their head, covering their ears. "No," they pleaded with the voice, who would want to get stuck inside with you? The voice was cruel and unforgiving. "Please .. please," they just started crying more, shaking like a leaf. They even started to cough a little from the sheer panic; a symptom of their bad lungs. It's better if he leaves, then he can tell that daemon to never come back for you. Saige just sat there, curled up and covering their ears.
Back to top Go down
Xavier

Xavier

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 11:01 pm

He hadnt expected them to react so strongly so when they grabbed his arm did he instinctively look at the hand before looking at them. They were crying again and he felt terrible for even suggesting that he’d go out. He looked at them, unsure of what to do. He wasnt great at comforting. He didnt know what to do! “I’ll stay.” He said but as they began to speak to themselves, he realized they werent listening to him anymore. “Saige?” He called, leaning down to try and catch their look. It didnt work. He reached out to touch them, first their shoulder covered by the blanket, but as they didnt react, did he reach down to softly hold the side of their head by their cheek, lifting their head to make them look at him. “Hey.” He spoke softly, understanding them a little better now that he could feel their emotions too. They were scared. But of what? “I’m here. I’m not going.” He said, frowning in worry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's get this started   Let's get this started - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's get this started
Page 18 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Western District :: Utopia-
Jump to: