Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 4:34 am

He smiled softly at her plea, nodding as he tucked her closer. He watched her as she slowly seemed to drift off, but he wouldnt just stand there as she fell asleep in his arms. “I’m certain,” he told Alyssa with a serious expression before looking at Buffy in his safe embrace once again. Nova was offering her help but he thought that making Buffy walk wasnt a good idea at this point. He lifted her up in his arms despite how weak he was there was a determination that could only be stopped if he fell unconcious. before looking at the others, “I’ll be out in a minute,” he assured them, mostly because he wanted them to leave for just a second while he put Buffy in bed. He even stood and waited till they were out before placing the fenix on the bed. Running his hand down her cheek before gently placing it on her stomach he made a deep sigh. He placed the duvet over her before pulling off his shirt and laying it under the cover with her. He carefully grabbed a new one on the way out to the hallway.

Trent had thought about Nova’s words outside but it hadnt really changed his mind. “It’s for the best if I go,” he said, looking at his counterpart with serious eyes. They both knew what the pull would eventually do to them if they stuck around each other and as much as Trent longed to be with Nova, he hadnt felt like it was something she wanted too and from that he had more so just decided for the both of them that seperating was best. Even if she had hugged him when she had been as worried as she was or let him hold her hand - Those factors were not something to consider in his mind. Before more could be said, he had already made his leave.

Amos came out into the hallway with a small frown, “I want to help,” he said quite seriously as he looked at his mother. He knew she wouldnt want him to tag along in case Simeon would harm him, but he didnt feel like he could just stand idle by and do nothing. Baal looked at the young daemon with a small frown but he wasnt going to tell the boy whether he was allowed or not - He hadnt forgotten Alyssa’s words about Amos not needing a father.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

Full name : Cesare Leone

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 11:35 am

Buffy looked up at her daemon as the other's left the room, smiling softly yet tiredly at him. As she felt his hand against her stomach, she placed her own on top of his. "Return to me, to us ... We both need you," she whispered, her voice slurry as she drifted off, turning to her side to wrap her arms around her stomach. Her subconscious just wanting to keep the child safe as she slept.

Nova looked at Trent, knowing he wouldn't stay because of her made look down. However as he moved outside she walked with him, hoping that she could catch him just for a brief moment. He didn't stop, so she grabbed his hand, pulling at him to turn around. "I know I'm not making it easy," she said, looking up in to his eyes, still holding his hand if he let her. "Once all of this is over, I would like to talk with you; No fancy dinners, no-one there to distract us," she said, her eyes watering a bit as she felt so emotional with having him close. She needed for them to talk, she needed to know what he wanted and what he expected. She had felt how he had grabbed her hand and she had felt weak as she had embraced him. She had just been so worried, that it had been the only real reaction she could produce. "Please," she added, hoping that her plea would be heard. He didn't need to be in her life, not if they agreed it would be bad, but she needed for them to have a serious talk. Figure out how they were going to deal, because the longer he was here in Kaleidoscope, the stronger she felt the pull.

Alyssa looked at her son as he offered to help, gritting her teeth a little. She wanted to keep him safe, however she knew how strong he was. Trent had said that she hadn't realized how strong he was, but she knew. Perhaps that was why she was trying to hold on to her little boy, who was becoming a man in front of her. "You can come ... But I want you to follow orders, just like the rest - I refuse to lose you to some stupid act of courage," she said, taking a step closer, wrapping an arm around her son and placing a motherly kiss against his hair, hugging him close for a while. "And if I tell you to run, you run faster than you've ever done; and you return here to protect your sister," she whispered only loud enough for Amos to hear. She didn't want Baal to worry, but it could turn bad in the blink of an eye, and she needed to trust that if she couldn't keep her promise, then Amos could.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 1:57 pm

Hearing her whisper made him sigh silently to himself. He watched her as she rolled onto her side, pulling the blanket up around her nicely. He wanted to return to her and their child as soon as he could, but rooting out Simeon wouldnt be an easy task. Out in the hallway, he stood by as Alyssa spoke to Amos.
Amos knew he was a revellious young man at times but he had always had his heart in the right place, especially when it came to protect those he cared for. Simeon would hurt his sister if he knew of her existence, so Amos couldnt just let himself stay back and do nothing to stop it. He looked at his mother and nodded at her terms. He wrapped hus arms around her as she hugged him and let her hold him for as long as she needed to. “I will,” he whispered back and made a short smile.
Baal didnt like standing idle, because as Alyssa and Amos had their little moment, he felt the hunger come back so strongly that it made him dizzy. He grabbed onto the wall, but he felt like no matter how hungry he would get, it couldnt kill him. It was a weird feeling. He closed his eyes and waited for it to subside before he was ready to move again.

Trent had been ready to find a flight back as soon as he could and never return. That was what was on his mind as he walked. He felt Nova’s hand around his but didnt stop until she forcefully made him turn to look at her. He had a confused expression as he looked at her while she seemed to promise him a glimmer of a hope. “Nova....” he whispered softly but also in hurting. He looked down at their hands and lifted them. “This is what I want. You. Not just because of our destiny.... but... it doesnt matter. I dont think a talk would solve the hurtful things I’ve done to you,” he then said more seriously, locking his eyes on their hands for a little while. “You couldnt possibly want this, I know you,” he said with a frown, giving her hand a squeeze. “If you think I’m being cruel now, that’s fine. I just think you would be happier with someone else this lifetime,” he then said, lifting her hand carefully to kiss the back of it. He wasnt always for showing his emotions in physical gestures like this, but the pull made it so easy. He let go of her hand, before he looked down. “If you really want to talk. Come to England, to see me,” he said, letting his eyes move up to hers before nodding to himself like he needed a moment to understand his own meaning with the words.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 2:29 pm

Nova sighed at his words, gritting her teeth a little at his words about only wanting her. The pull was intoxicating to her, and as he kissed the back of her hand, her lips separated. How could he say all of this? How could he know what she actually needed in this lifetime? "I've tried ... Ever since meeting you face to face I've tried finding satisfactory elsewhere, but it's nothing ... Nothing compared to just being in the same room as you," she whispered, frowning at her own words. Celestial beings were two parts of a whole, and she just felt complete when she was here with him. In this lifetime he had shown her nothing but compassion and help, so why was she still hesitating? "I'll visit you once Buffy has given birth ... Do you want to see pictures of her?" she asked, frowning as she didn't know how she felt about all of this. Maybe it would be a good idea for her to visit him on his ground. Looking at her hand it felt so empty, a feeling she knew would be more tolerable once he had left the country. However her body reacted on it's own for a brief moment, leaning up to him and placing a kiss on his cheek as a goodbye gesture. "Safe flight," she whispered, taking a step away, however she couldn't look him in the eye. Because then she knew she would follow him. Hold on to him and never let go, and she couldn't do that right now. Instead she turned around, feeling tears wetting her cheeks as she went back in to the house. Passing the people in the hallway as she hid her face, walking to the kitchen to distract herself.

Alyssa let go of her son, looking in to his eyes once more in to his blue green eyes before nodding. She noticed the female celestial move quickly past them, but she paid her no mind as she looked to Baal. "We are ready," she said to him, finding her phone and shooting off a message for a car. It arrived shortly, Alyssa moving outside and getting in to the back of it. Once they were inside, she gestured for the driver to drive them out to the Southern District; It would be easier to search from the bottom up. Besides that, Alyssa had some great contacts in that part of Churchill. "We are going to South, unless any of you have a greater idea?" she said with a thoughtful expression.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 3:42 pm

He heard her whisper but seeing her frown made him uncertain if she was acting on how she truly felt or just due to the pull. He loved her already, he had known since she had showed him nothing but her eyes but it just didnt feel like to him that she would want and accept him once she knew fully what he was like. He shook his head when she asked if he wanted to see pictures of the child. He didnt really want to see anyone else than her and a part of him knew that the bond with the child had failed. It was enough to keep the child in this world but soon a stronger bond would form with someone else - Not that he knew exactly this but his head was getting somewhere close to the truth. Either way, he knew that there was only one person he wanted to see. Her kiss on his cheek felt like a bittersweet farewell, making him linger in his steps before he had even taken them. He watched her walk away before he finally turned back around, his frown deep with pondering thoughts of the future. And then he left.

Baal nodded at Alyssa, glancing shortly at Amos before looking around. “Bring your two other empusas. I want this house and I trust that Nova can deal with whatever troubles that could rise,” he said as he glanced towards the kitchen. The two of them had never gotten along that well, but he trusted her now more than ever since the bond was gone - In a way he couldnt explain but he wasnt much for seeking his inner feelings when they were about to head out and look for Simeon. The car arrived and Amos got in, but as Baal stopd there at the door, he looked one last time at the house. He wanted to be with Buffy, but he also wanted her to be safe and she just couldnt be with whatever he had in his chest.
He shook his head at Alyssa’s words, “South is fine. There’s a building filled with my kind. We might get lucky,” he then said before he looked at his sister. He quickly looked away again to the outside, placing a hand on his chest where the artifact was sitting but he couldnt feel it like he thought he would.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 3:57 pm

Alyssa nodded at his words, she thought as much. The different orders didn't exactly exchange information, but she knew a thing or two from having been married to Simeon this long. Emmy and Delilah got in a car that would follow them. Alyssa looked outside at the cars passing, feeling her chest a little heavy. "When all of this is over, I'm taking a vacation," she said, breathing out as she thought about it all. She felt the need to get away for a while, and Emmy and Delilah would be fully capable of handling things while she took some time off. "I'm thinking of some place with warmth and sun, maybe washing away some of the darkness that always seems to loom over this island," she said, turning her head to look at her son. She didn't feel awkward in this moment, but she wondered what was going through his head. Did he want Baal to acknowledge him as his son or what was keeping the boy this quiet? Alyssa turned her green eyes to look at her brother, seeing as he held a hand to his chest. "I haven't asked for much from you, never been one to interfere with your life, but if Amos wants you in his I need to accept that," she said, knowing that her son might interrupt her, but she would keep speaking. "I will ask that you don't treat him as a child; He's an adult, perhaps not by daemon standards, but by the laws of this kingdom he is," she said in a calm voice. She could see the scenery outside turning, seeing how the buildings seemed to become more worn down, and it clearly signaled them getting closer to South. "My demand about Simeon still stands, I want to be the one to kill him," she said, her eyes going blank for a while. There had been a time where she thought she had loved that man, but it had vanished. What was more, she felt her hatred grow in her chest towards him, after what he had done to her son and brother.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 4:41 pm

Amos listened to his mother, turning his eyes to look at the grey sky. He hadnt really been a winter-person, never liked the gloomy grey but he frowned a little worried when he realized that this was stressing his mother out enough to need a vacation. He lifted his hand to subtly bite the side of his finger, mostly just in his own mind. "It's not all dark and gloomy," Baal argued but he could understand how it could feel that way at times, "But I understand after all that has happened," he then said, looking out on the passing buildings. He hadnt expected all this to happen, but he wasnt thinking of going anywhere else than back home to Buffy.
Amos frowned when his mother spoke to Baal, especially when it seemed to be something on his behalf. He wanted to say something, protest of some sort, but he knew his mother wasnt going to halter her message from getting through once she had decided to. Baal looked at her and nodded before he looked at Amos. Amos just stared at him with unsure eyes before looking away again. A typical mother you're embarrassing me would have been fitting in this moment, but Amos decided not to say anything. "I wont treat you like a child," Baal told him but he just shrugged - He didnt care what Baal did or didnt do.
He turned his eyes back to Alyssa at her demand, simply nodding in agreement, "That's fine by me," he said before he frowned a little. He hadnt really thought of what could happen if they found Simeon, but something in him just had a bad feeling about it all.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 5:17 pm

Of course Baal couldn't see the gloom too much, especially when he had a lover that waited for him once he returned. However when all of this came to an end, she would be left without a husband, she would have nothing standing in her way of trying to find the light in her life again, even if it seemed impossible. She shook her head lightly at him, he wouldn't really understand, but that was fine with her. She didn't need pity or any of that sorts, she had her own back, and that was never going to change. Almost feeling how Amos could protest she haltered her speech as she didn't need to disclose any further. The empusa felt her heart heavy, but it wasn't because she felt burdened by it. She more so felt the need of release, getting set free from the shackles that Simeon had placed on her wrists and ankles. "We should be there soon," she said, recognizing the streets they were driving down. "Emmy might be able to track him, but he could have cloaked himself," she said in a thoughtful voice, just thinking out loud. Perhaps Baal had a better plan, maybe even Amos could show that he had some skills in that department. The car stopped, and she stepped out, looking around as she saw the usual group of people out on the streets; people heading to work, streetwalkers and drug dealers. South was notorious for having a bad reputation, but it had become better since most people had taken the criminal business underground - literally. "Lead the way, brother," Alyssa said calmly.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 7:08 pm

He felt the tension in his fingers but it was more like a whisper in the back of his head, telling him to feast. He looked up up on the building in front of them. He just wanted to get it over with and go home, but he had no idea that it was merely the beginning. “Let’s just go in. I’m sure he’s been planning for something to happen.” He said before he walked up to the entrance. Stepping inside the building, he frowned in confusion when it seemed so empty. Looking around he turned to his sister with a worried frown but he wasnt sure what to say, “I guess it was too optimistic to think that someone would be here,” he said. Amos looked around before opening one of the rooms to be greeted by an empty office. “They’ve cleared it all out,” he said before looking at his parents.

Among the optimistic had Trent been foolish enough to think that his part was over and done with. His little walk with Alyssa had been more dangerous than he thought, especially as both had seemed so reckless to check if they were followed or noticed. He hadnt gotten very far before he had been grabbed by some daemon brute that was quick to render him defenseless by a good beating. He had just been walking down the street with his hands in his pockets to stay warm in the cold as the tall brute had pushed him off the street and into an alley. It wasnt a deadly beating but it surely wasnt without it’s pain either. He spit some blood out on the cold concrete before he looked up at a tall slender summoner looking down at him. “I believe you could show me where the fenix is hiding,” the summoner said with an evil smile spreading on his lips.

Trent had no other choice than to show him to the house, even if it wasnt something he really wanted to. Nova and the baby was there and Trent would have told the summoner go look himself and followed the sentence with all sorts of profanity, but the summoner had let it be clear that they knew who the other celestial was - So if Trent wanted to keep Nova safe, he had to comply. He knocked on the door and glanced towards the summoner, “Oh calm down celestial. I did promise to hurt neither of them, didnt I?” The summoner asked him with that evil smile on his lips that made Trent feel chills - Because he recognized it and knew that there had to be a lie somewhere in those silvertongue-words.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 9:52 pm

Alyssa nodded at her brother's words, stepping in to the building rather carefully. However seeing how empty it was, everything packed away, barely even a spec of dust left made her frown. Looking at Amos as he opened in to what she presumed had once been an office, she exhaled, walking over to her son, looking inside the room, shaking her head. Of course nothing was inside besides covered up furniture. "Well if they are not here, they might've moved to a different location; but finding such a place could take weeks or months," she said, feeling quite puzzled. Would they really have retreated to the temple? No that would be too obvious, even for Simeon. "Are you sure there is no other place?" she asked Baal, looking around as if there would be something to spot. However there was nothing. Alyssa gritted her teeth, her hands folded in to tight fists, feeling her fingernails dig in to her otherwise soft skin. Making a frustrated exhaled she walked outside, looking around the building to see if there was anything at all to suggest where they had headed. "Emmy! I need you to track the area; Alert us if you pick up anything!" Alyssa yelled out in a firm order, making the empusa nod before getting to work.

Nova had started on making an easy soup, mostly because it would be easy to reheat once Buffy woke up. Cutting the vegetables she tried clearing her mind about everything with Trent. Perhaps it was a good thing that he was going away now, that way her own mind wouldn't be clouded by the pull. However standing here, cooking, made her relax more. Then there was a knock on the door, making her frown, grabbing a hold of the knife she had been cutting vegetables with and placing it behind her back. She walked slowly to the front door and as she opened it, she looked up at Trent in shock. What was he even doing here? He had just said he would leave, so why was he here? "Trent ... I don't understand-" she said but was cut short as her gaze fell on the tall summoner next to him. Her eyes widening as she held a firm grip on the knife behind her back. "What is he doing here?" she said, her jaw tensing as she felt fear run through her system.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 10:12 pm

He ran a hand through his curls as he thoughtfully bit his lip. It made sense that they had moved, but where they could have gone was a mystery. He looked up at his sister, shrugging when she asked for his input. He wasnt really the plotting kind who would know what Simeon's people would be thinking. It was true that he had some sort of significant rank in the order, but he had never bothered to get into knowing more of how the system worked as he much rather just would do what he was told and ask no questions. He paced around for some time before he shook his head, "They would have had to tell the priests at the temple, as the order works in interest of the daemons..." he thought out loud before looking at his sister, "You may have the authority to get information such as that," he then said in a pondering tone. Amos just nodded in agreement. He seemed on guard to let his mouth run with Baal being with them.

Trent just looked down as Nova opened the door, feeling quite shameful. He couldnt even muster to make the apologetic smile he would usually have made in a situation like this, a smile that would have been all bloodied up by his busted lip. Simeon looked at the celestial with calm eyes, placing a hand on the back of Trent's neck as he looked at her with a welcoming smile, "I'm here to have a little chat with a specific fenix," he just said as he noticed her hand hiding behind her body, "No need for whatever you're holding," he said with a raised eyebrow before he looked at Trent. The hand on the celestial's neck was a warning, that Simeon wouldnt hesitate to crush his bones if she tried to do anything to harm him. "Step back till you reach the livingroom, keep your hand on your back or your other half suffers for your lack of cooperation," he warned her. He pushed Trent in first with his hand still on his neck, Trent sent Nova a warning gaze to just do as the man demanded. But frankly the celestial wasnt sure what would happen with the summoner here.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Full name : George Sullivan

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 10:35 pm

Alyssa nodded at her brother's words, but noticed how quiet Amos was, narrowing her eyes. The boy would usually just talk about everything and nothing, but his silence told another story. "My heaven, what are you thinking?" she asked, stepping closer to her son. She wanted to know if he had an idea, as he had spent more time near Simeon than any of them. While it was something she had come to regret, perhaps it would be an advantage right now. Emmy signaled that she had picked up a scent, Delilah joining her to make sure before nodding. "North-western bound," Delilah called out, before her and Emmy set off. They were both quite fast, and would have an easier time tracking on foot than in cars. Alyssa widened her eyes. North-western. That was Seraph territory, wasn't it? At least a big part of it was, making her grit her teeth. "Try calling home," she suggested before getting in to one of the cars, heading for the temple, leaving one car behind for Baal and Amos to use as they pleased.

Nova felt her heart sink, her eyes fluid as she did as the tall summoner commanded. Looking at Trent, she felt almost betrayed by her own emotions, because strangely she didn't step away to save her own life. She did it for him and the small child. But what good would it do if the summoner would hurt Buffy either way? "Please don't hurt any of them," she said in a soft voice, backing up until she reached the living room, pressing her back against one of the walls. She could feel the cold metal against the bare part of her open back dress. Her skin raising with goosebumps, but she wasn't sure it was only because of the summoner being present.

Buffy had fallen asleep, laying sweetly with her arms around her belly, not hearing any of the commotion, purely because of how exhausted she was. Her face was pressed against the shirt that Baal had left her, breathing in his calming scent of anise.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 10:54 pm

“I cant figure it out but something doesnt add up,” Amos said with his brows furrowed, but he couldnt pinpoint what he thought was wrong. Sure he had learned a lot from Simeon, but this seemed weird. Simeon had never been one to hide away and wait to be found, he was too anxious for keeping the upperhand to just sit around. But Amos couldnt say if it was because Simeon wanted the artifact in Baal to react a certain way and then be out of harms way when it went lose. The mute had picked up on someting and Baal frowned when they mentioned north-west. It seemed that Alyssa and him shared the same worry of it being a seraphim-dominated territory. Before the two men could do anything, Alyssa had already left. Baal did however do as she suggested and called home while Amos got in the car.

Simeon was haopy to see the celestial comply rather than making it more difficult than it was. He nodded for two daemons to follow him and soon two brutes stood in the hallway behind Simeon. He still kept Trent in a firm grip, clicking his teeth at her plea. “Such an ancient being and still you beg for lesser beings,” he said mockingly before he forced Trent to sit on the coach. “Sit,” he said as he gestured for her to sit down next to Trent. The brutes stepped into the livingroom, looking at Nova like hungry dogs, waiting for the command that would allow them to pounce and feast. “I can make them help you if it’s that difficult for you to do on your own. But it wont be without it’s pain,” he warned her. Trent just looked at her and nodded to the spot next to him.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 11:07 pm

Nova was forced to place down the knife, it was nothing more than a small kitchen utensil, but it would've done the trick if Trent's life and her own hadn't been in such danger. She didn't like the mocking tone, mostly because she had never viewed herself as better than the rest. However the way he spoke made her wonder if he was jealous. He forced Trent to sit down, and she couldn't help but look down. She wasn't a strong brute, and with them being connected, she feared that they would both be left useless unless she complied. Moving at the daemon's orders, she looked to the two others entering, feeling herself get nervous. Sitting down next to Trent didn't feel as comforting as it should have, however her hand did grace against his, making him know he wasn't alone in this. She was scared, scared that she couldn't stand up for what she believed in when it all came down to it. "I still don't understand; why are you doing this?" she said, looking to the summoner that was clearly the leader. Perhaps it was the leader that Baal and Buffy had been speaking about, the one that she had rescued Baal from at the temple. With that she heard the home phone ringing, feeling her spine freeze, because she feared what would happen next. Looking over at the two daemons, it was clear they hungered for her soul. A celestial wasn't a soul you just ate, however, so she wondered if they were hungry for more. "I need to do something ... I can't just sit here," she whispered to Trent, hopefully not loud enough for the daemons to hear her.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

Full name : Eden Gabriel Altieri
Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 11:27 pm

“You dont have to understand, you just have to do as you’re told,” Simeon dismissed her words coldly, moving to the armchair next to them. Trent felt somewhat ashamed for not having been making himself more aware of what could happen from walking around publically like that. Obviously he had been recognized when he picked up the wounded summoner and then of course had it just been a matter of time before the two of them had led Simeon to here - Why he hadnt thought of that back then was in the unknown. He frowned at Nova’s words, “Dont get yourself killed,” he whispered in a serious tone, that may have come off as angry but that was just anger towards himself for being an idiot. Simeon was looking around for a bit in the humble home, wondering why it had taken this long to find the couple if they had been here all along. The phone rang and he raised an eyebrow, wonderig who it may be. He gestured for the phone, “If you do anything else than behave as if nothing’s wrong, then I’m afraid this household wont survive this encounter,” he said as he looked at Nova. Trent exhaled deeply and looked at Nova. It wasnt just about the two of them anymore, there was also the child.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 11:45 pm

Nova nodded at his words, but she didn't see his anger as anything but his frustrations trying to find an outlet. The phone ringing wasn't a nice aspect of this, making her swallow as she slowly moved to her feet. She looked back at Trent, a painful expression in her eyes, because she knew she had to watch her words. Picking up the phone she held it to her ear, only putting it on speaker if Simeon demanded it. "Hiiii, sorry, I had my hands full; How's it going?" she said, trying to act as normal as she could, though she could feel her voice wanting to break. She felt tears in her eyes, as she had to lie and say that everything was fine, tears falling down her cheeks as she did everything to sound normal. "Yeah yeah, Buffy's still sleeping soundly - I haven't heard a word from her since you guys left," she said. Looking over at Simeon, she wondered what was going through his head. Then her gaze moved to Trent, looking at him she felt nervous. Was she even convincing at this point? "Are you going to be joining us for dinner or?" she asked, feeling her heart race.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 12:20 am

Trent just looked at Simeon with eyes that could kill as the summoner had forced Nova to pretend like everything was fine when it clearly wasnt. Simeon hadnt wanted her to put it on speaker because he would know if she hadnt played her part as instructed to. He waited for the phone call to end and it seemed that Nova did it quite well. If that was because Baal was unable to pick up on the subtle nervousness Nova clearly had in her voice due to the effects of the artifact or him being all caught up in his mind wasnt known, but it lead to him thinking that nothing was wrong. He ended the conversation quite fast with Amos waiting impatiently in the car, and the call was dropped with a farewell. Trent felt so useless and he wasnt used to feeling completely helpless in any situation. He was much like Simeon, always having the upper hand in things. Simeon smiled at Nova, nodding approvingly, “Well done,” he said before he nodded at one of the brutes that began to approach the celestial. Trent frowned deeply and shook his head, “What are you doing? She did what she was fucking told!” He argued but Simeon hushed at him, “She doesnt fit in in the scenario I made in my mind. So allow me to get a little creative,” the summoner said as the brute grabbed the female celestial around the throat with a big hungry grin on his face.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 12:48 am

Nova felt more at ease once Baal hung up, however now a new set of worries sat in. Simeon seemed pleased, but soon one of the brutes got closer to her. Her body panicked, freezing in place as she seemed to only hear Trent's words in a blurry version. Soon she felt her air supply being limited, the brute of a daemon looking at her as all she could manage to say was a small squeak. "Please," she pleaded in a weak voice, more tears falling down her cheeks. She couldn't just move out of his grip, well there was one way, but it would be way too risky and it would leave Trent and Buffy alone in the house. She couldn't do that. Nova reached her hands up, holding around the brute's wrists, to hold herself up enough not to get strangled right away.

"Put her down," Buffy said, stepping in to the living room. She was wearing rather loose clothes, hopefully not giving away too much of what was going on. Walking over to stand in front of Simeon, she looked in to his cold eyes. "Just let them go - I know you didn't seek me out just to kill someone else," she said in a soft voice. She was surprisingly calm, mostly because part of her had known that this was inevitable.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 1:14 am

Her plea didnt go through as the brute kept his grip around her neck. He wasnt directly strangling her but it definitely wasnt a comfortable grip either. Trent was about to get up the moment that Buffy’s voice sounded. The male celestial and the summoner turned their head to the fenix, Simeon frowning a little when he noticed how the fenix was wearing something he hadnt expected her of all to be wearing. He listened to her words and a smile spread on his lips. “It seems that I underestimated how much of a pain you would become when I let you go that day. You somehow managed to make these celestials come to your aid, get you your lover back for your little soul-binding that now made Belial unkillable. How you managed to do that is beyond me,” he explained, pushing himself up from the chair. “Even if Alyssa is helping him for the sake of their son..... I know that my time here is done once she finds me,” he said, turning his eyes to the brute holding the female celestial. “Arent you tired of being seen as the weak one? You have probably felt their gazes, how they all look at you like you’re defenseless,” he then asked Buffy, turning his eyes back to look at her. He touched her cheek with a cold smile. “Little Buffy Elior Fayre, waiting for her strong daemon to come save the day,” he mocked her but in a way there was some pity in his voice. He thought breaking her would be easier than it had been to break Alyssa - And he pitied her for that.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 1:28 am

Nova felt the discomfort, and she also knew that the longer she was held like this, the more likely it was for it to make a mark. Looking at Buffy she wanted to scream for her to run, get out of here and try and make it as far as she could.

Buffy breathed out as Simeon mentioned what had happened, and it all felt rather surreal. Mostly because so many things had happened within a short amount of time. However as the large summoner mentioned Alyssa and Baal having a son she looked rather puzzled. Until she realized; Amos. She scoffed a bit in surprise, frowning as she found this tale getting stranger and stranger. Then the taunting began, making Buffy shake her head lightly as she looked at Simeon, her gaze calm, and her body rather relaxed. She couldn't say why or how she kept herself this relaxed, maybe it had been the fact that she had slept for a bit, or simply it was just because she could put herself aside and focus on being in the moment. "There's no shame in relying on the support of others," she said, glancing to Trent. Could he not use this moment to release Nova from that brute of a daemon? "Besides, I'm not defenseless nor am I weak; I'm simply different from what you are used to see," she said, even going so far as smiling at him. It was almost as if her skin was glowing, and though her hair was a bit messy, it sat almost controlled on her head. "Tell me Simeon, why are you so jealous of Belial that you have to go after him like this?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 1:43 am

“Sure, but dont you tire of having to wait for others?” He argued, narrowing his eyes at her. How she kept her calm was just annoying to him because he wanted to have her lash out and get angry - Show him that there was more to her than met the eye. He was sure she could get claws if the right buttons were clicked, so he guessed he would just have to search. Trent felt Buffy’s glance but he was just looking at Nova. His eyes were begging her to remove herself from this world, just till this was all over. Simeon looked at the male celestial before he looked at the brute. “Will you stand idle by while your friends suffer?” He then asked, grabbing her shoulders to turn her to Nova. The other brute moved and pulled Trent to his feet, only to force him over next to Nova. The daemon grabbed his collar before looking at Simeon for approval. When Simeon nodded, the other daemon turned Nova to look at the one holding Trent started beating him with punishing punches. Simeon held Buffy’s shoulders in a tight grip, leaning down to answer her question, “It’s not jealousy. Had it been just that, I would have killed him when I had the chance. This is about showing the consequences of defiance,” he whispered inbetween Trent’s pained noises. “Just know that his unecessary suffering is all thanks to you,” he whispered to her calmly.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 1:26 pm

Buffy knew what he was trying to do, he was trying to irritate her and crawl under her skin, however she still tried to remain calm. She didn't like being powerless, but when had she ever felt powerful enough to go against a daemon? Surely she had some defiance in her, but if they were to go head to head, she would lose in a heartbeat. She was more of brains than brawn, but how could she use that in a fight where Simeon was threatening those whom had helped her along the way? Feeling the grabbing of her shoulder made her frown, getting forced to look as the summoner now ordered for a beating of Trent. Buffy felt her eyes well up, looking at them she knew she couldn't do anything. However the words the summoner chose made her shake her head, looking down as she gathered her courage. "They are not suffering because of my choices, they are suffering because you have decided to take out your own frustration on others," she said, looking at Nova, tears running down her face. "They are good people, they don't deserve what you are doing to them," she said, her voice getting more riled up as she turned her head to look at Simeon. "However I pity you," she whispered, genuine tears falling down her cheeks. "Because clearly you understand nothing about love nor about that genuine pull that it has on you; The kind of thing where gravity is no longer holding you to the ground, it is your significant other," she said. He would never understand, and that was why she pitied him, for the fact that he had no room in his heart for anything even resembling love.

Nova squeaked as they started to beat up Trent, removing one of her hands from the wrist of the brute to reach for him. If she could just hold his hand, then perhaps he could forget the suffering for a while, however she couldn't reach. What she could reach was the two brutes, and as she looked at Trent, she mouthed the words I'm sorry before grabbing on to the brute. A portal opened beneath Nova's feet as her body changed in to her true wandering form. Her glowing eyes staring at Simeon as she dragged the two daemons with her to the void, where they would inevitably die. Nova was not a killer, she did not wish for this, but she couldn't handle Trent getting beaten up, and even less so having Buffy watch it all.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 4:17 pm

Hearing her voice finally rile up made him smile a little. Even if her words were true, he didnt care about them. He looked at her at her whisper, frowning as she went to tell him about love once more. He thought they had been through this already. But it distracted him long enough not to notice how Nova was trying to reach Trent and predict the happenings afterwards. He just looked at Buffy with his expression ever so angry, “Will you ever shut up about love?” He asked her but he couldnt continue the conversation as Nova lit up though her light was dark and in a second, she and the two brutes were gone. Trent fell to the floor, all lightheaded and sure that something in his nose was torn since he felt the blood run out like an annoying nosebleed. He had wanted to take Nova’s hand but it was like every punch he had gotten from the daemon made his hand fall down again. He pushed himself up before he dried off some blood from his mouth. “No brutes to handle your dirtywork now,” he said but Simeon just grabbed Buffy by her upperarms and held on tight, “I dont need them,” Simeon said with a sly smile, even with the major hole in his plan caused by the female celestial, he wouldnt stray from the rest of it. Trent just frowned as he lookef at Simeon, not feeling able to do anything if Buffy and the baby’s life was on the line. “Tell me Buffy. How will your love save Belial when he goes up north-west to meet all the seraphim with their lovely souls?” He asked, looking down at the fenix. “Can your love make sure his heart doesnt grow dark? Keep him from wanting to unleash the power that lodged itself so deep in his heart?” He said, a delighted chuckle following. “I may die today, but Belial’s struggle will be eternal. And it will only be a matter of time before you and your child will suffer,” he said, running his hand down her arm to her stomach. Trent pulled a disgusted frown at this. “I felt that little soul before I stepped in. And I doubted much that it could ever be the celestial,” he whispered in her ear.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre
Quote : The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes.

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 4:50 pm

Frowning at his question she shook her head no in reply. She would never stop speaking about love, it was just something instilled in her from a young age, that no matter what, love could be stronger than hate. The fact that Nova had enough time to actually get the brutes away was surprising to the fenix, but as she heard the bump of Trent hitting the floor she looked to him. A pained expression on her face as Simeon grabbed on to her harder. His question was like rubbing salt in the wound, because she didn't have all of the answers, and she knew she never would. However perhaps that was the difference between her and the summoner that had a firm grip on her right now, she didn't need the answers when she knew everything would fall in to place eventually. Or at least she hoped it did. "I don't know what he will do, but I know he will fight it ... He's stronger than you could ever imagine," she whispered, however she feared the outcome. She was shaking a little, crying silently as she felt so overwhelmed by emotions. However as he mentioned the child she whimpered, looking away as she tried to get out of his grip. She didn't want him touching him, even less her stomach as he threatened both of their lives. "I think you forgot something," she whispered, sniffling a bit as she looked down before finally facing Simeon once more. Looking in to his cold eyes with her own fiery ones. "I was in Belial's heart before that wretched artifact, me and our child will always be the first ones to enter his heart, and there in lies your fault," she said in a defiant tone.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 5:40 pm

Simeon sighed at her whisper instead of saying something, he just looked at her with uncertain eyes. He didnt believe that Baal could fight the darkness of the artifact and win continuously. There had to be a defeat somewhere and it was going to be a grave one. Her struggling against his grip just made him tighten it, keeping her in place as best as he could. He frowned at her whisper and looked at her as she turned. Her defiant tone was not phasing him much as he just smiled at her, "You truly dont understand how daemons work, do you?" he asked her, grabbing firm hold of her chin as he looked into her fiery eyes. "It doesnt matter if you were there first. The artifact was from the very place we were created as a species. You can never come above the promises that it could promise him," he said. He had been so distracted by Buffy's defiance that he hadnt seen Trent sneak closer. The celestial took in a deep breath before he threw himself over the daemon, making them both tumble onto the floor as he tried to grasp onto him. He wasnt like Nova, he couldnt pull creatures to the void and in this moment he wished that he could. "Grab something and knock this fucker out!" Trent demanded as he struggled to keep the summoner down. Trent wasnt much stronger than the daemon so they struggled accordingly, Trent to keep Simeon down and Simeon to try and break free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Central District :: The Institute-
Jump to: