Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre
Quote : The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes.

To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 6:01 pm

Buffy gritted her teeth at the way Simeon seemed to not care. It might be true that she didn't know about daemons as well as he did, but she did know Baal. She knew that he did not wish for power or to rule, he wanted a simple life with her, and a family and everything that he had been denied for so long. Then she felt the grip of the summoner disappear, stumbling forward, she was lucky the soft couch was there to break her fall. She got on her feet, and as Trent asked for her to knock out Simeon she frowned, grabbing one of the table lamps as she smashed it to the daemon's head, pieced of porcelain and glass flying everywhere, but she hoped it would do the trick. Once it was done she moved over to the couch, frowning as she held her hand on her stomach. Her breathing was fast and heavy, closing her eyes to calm down, but it seemed like it wouldn't matter. "We need to ... To call Belial," she mumbled, her voice slurred as her face showed how much pain she was truly in. She managed to reached the phone calling his number before she had to stabilize herself against the wall. Something wet was running down her leg, and in horror she looked down, because she couldn't believe it would be already. "Belial, please ... Please pick up," she whispered, feeling her body almost cramp at the feeling. She was scared, more scared than ever, because she could do nothing but hope he would pick up as her legs were shaking.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

Full name : Eden Gabriel Altieri
Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 6:27 pm

Trent was worried that the summoner would break free but at the sound of the lamp's hard surface crashing against Simeon's skull made the summoner fall limp. Trent exhaled deeply and released his grip as he then looked at Buffy, he was still lightheaded by the beating he had gotten but her slurring voice struck confusion in him. He was hoping that it wasnt him losing grip with reality, but as he realized what  it may be instead, he should have hoped for the concussion. He got to his feet before he went to her to help her stand, frowning at her when she seemed more fixated on getting the daemon than someone more qualified for helping her.

Baal had left Alyssa and Amos at the sight of all the seraphim wandering around the north-western part, the pure souls in their chests were just too tempting. He couldnt risk losing his cool, but it hadnt taken him long before he had found some unfortunate soul and the whispers of the artifact had gotten the better of him. He stood in the alley, staring at the lifeless body at his feet as he leaned against the wall. He could feel the hunger grow like the soul he had consumed had been nothing to soothe him in even the slightest. His phone rang and he stared at the number that he recognized. A part of him felt shameful when he saw it, because he wasnt sure if he was deserving of the home and safety that he had when he was behaving like this. He stared at it for a bit before he decided to pick up, when he was expecting to hear Nova, he frowned in confusion when he heard the fast and heavy breath. "Buffy?" he asked, feeling unsure if it was really her or just the artifact's doing. There hadnt been any problems, Nova had just said not long ago that everything was fine. "What's happening?" he asked, feeling the worry creep up among the feelings he were feeling.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 6:43 pm

Buffy felt her voice shaking, tears running down her eyes because she wasn't ready yet. The nursery was barely finished and all they had were a few items of clothing for the small arrival. Hearing his voice made her sob slightly in to the phone. "Belial, please come home ... Please ... Simeon is here, and ... And ..." she said, her voice breaking as she felt her body struggle to stand at the oncoming pain that was going against her cervix. "I need to call my aunt ... She is coming," she said in a shaking voice, leaning her head against Trent, trying not to pass out from how strongly this felt. She knew it would pass for a while, and it wasn't too bad yet, but she needed all the help she could get. "Please come home - I can't do this without you," she pleaded before she had to hang up to call her aunt, as well as Xander and Aiden. Buffy could hardly do anything but trying to focus on her breathing. She had never done this before, never seen anyone go in to labor, yet here she was and she was freaking out. Crying she tried to stand on her own, but it was a pure struggle with her legs shaking so much. "You don't need to stay ... It's alright," she whispered, her breath heavy and fast as she tried to walk, pain shooting up to her lower back as she almost fell, but managed to keep herself up. She looked at Simeon, gritting her teeth. She didn't know what to do about it all, not when everything was happening so fast and at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 6:55 pm

He listened to her but he was truly confused to whether it was something that was actually happening or just some cruel trick of his mind. "I-I... I'll come home," he promised her with a worried frown on his face, looking at the lifeless corpse for a moment before he closed his eyes hard. If his child was on the way, then he had to get home, no matter what the artifact was whispering to him. He shot Alyssa a text of Simeon's whereabouts before he decided to run for it. He was lucky to be in the north-western part, which meant the run wouldnt have been as far as it would have if he had still been in the southern district.

Trent wasnt going to let her try and stand on her own, not when she was clearly having contractions that made it hard for her to stand. Her whisper made him scoff as he lifted her up in his arms, "Well, you're in bad luck, I wont leave before I'm sure you'll be taken care off. It's what Nova would have wanted," he said, still feeling a little lightheaded but he could manage carrying her to where ever she needed to go. She wasnt really that heavy for a pregnant woman, he thought to himself. "Also you wouldnt want to be alone if that creepy dude wakes up," he noted before he let her down at where she would have instructed him to place her down.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 7:10 pm

Buffy felt almost relieved when Baal promised to come home, yet she feared that he wouldn't. She had to remind herself that she could do this, she had chosen this herself and that nothing could ever change her mind. To be honest, she had expected the celestial to go, but as he lifted her up she whimpered. It was nice to not put weight on her body, but it didn't change the discomfort that came with the contractions. "Bathroom," she pleaded. Once inside the rather nice bathroom she pointed to the tub, urging him to fill it up, however only with warm water. Meanwhile she struggled to get her pants off, but she managed it, tossing it in the shower so it wouldn't be in the way. If she was lucky, then her aunt would already be on her way, but she hadn't gotten a reply from Xander yet. The pain subsided for a bit, making it easier for her to breathe as she stared blankly in to the air as if to prepare herself. Thankfully she knew that there would be some time between each contraction. "I'm not ready, I'm not ready, I'm not ready," she mumbled softly, over and over as if it was some sort of strange mantra. Tears were still falling down her cheeks as she placed a hand on her stomach. She felt so alone, felt like even though Trent was there, she would have to do this alone, and it was her worst fears coming to light. "Please Faeth, give me strength," she whispered in a prayer as her eyes were closed.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 9:11 pm

Trent did as he was told but as Buffy seemed to undress herself, he gave her some privacy, frowning a little to himself when he wondered if Nova was fine. Surely she would come back as soon as she could. He heard Buffy's mumble and turned to her, sitting down on a knee as he placed a hand on her shoulder, "I'm sure they'll be here soon enough and help you through it all," he tried to encourage her, but he wasnt good at this stuff. He sighed deeply and heard a knock on the door. He gave Buffy a reassuring squeeze before he went down to open. He was greeted by a pretty face with green eyes much like Buffy's. The hair was well-kept and bore slight waves that Trent didnt really notice. Her expression was stern. "Where's my niece?" she demanded to know. Trent pointed her in the direction to then see that a boy was with her, a curly haired blonde with a packed bag on his back. "Cornelius, go to the kitchen and make the drink I've taught you," the valkyrie demanded before she almost marched in to where Buffy would be in the tub. "Hey little flame," she said in a soft voice as she touched Buffy's face gently. She moved some hair behind Buffy's ear as she grabbed her hands, "Listen to me. You need to take in breaths as deep as you can and release them slow, it'll help your body relax," she said in a genuine caring tone. It was like in the moment she stepped in and saw her niece like this, all memory of the daemon-involvement and whatever that had pushed them apart dissolved for the moment, solely because Leona did care about her niece.

Trent went to the livingroom to grab Simeon and place him in the armchair. He went around the house as he looked for something to constrict the daemon from moving. He found a belt from the bedroom that he wrapped around the summoners hands, hoping that it would be enough for now. He grabbed the kitchen knife and sat down on the couch as he watched him in silence.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 9:23 pm

Buffy could hardly do anything but cry right now, but it was silent and as Trent left to open the door she moved to stand up, her body aching but the water would be soothing. She just knew it would. Taking off the rest of her clothes she stepped in to the water. Looking down at her stomach she finally realized how big it had become. It perhaps didn't look too big for others, but she was a small woman, and the bump was big enough to poke out of the water from time to time. Closing her eyes she tried focusing on her breathing, but nothing seemed to help. That was when she heard her aunt's greeting, opening her eyes as more tears ran down her cheeks. She was really here and ready to help her. How could she ever have doubted the family bond they shared? Buffy nodded at her instructions, breathing in and out as she had told her to, but it felt like it was getting harder to even do that when another contraction appeared, making her whimper as she wasn't prepared. "Auntie I'm sca-a-aaaa-ared," she sobbed as she felt the contractions pool at her cervix, putting more pressure on her lower back. She was still trying to breathe as her aunt had instructed.

Downstairs Alyssa had arrived, feeling annoyed at the seraphim presence, but her main focus was on Simeon. Walking in she saw him strapped to a chair, and as she looked to Trent she scoffed softly. "Don't tell me you did this yourself?" she said with a skeptical look in her eyes before she went closer to the summoner. The corners of her mouth twitched slightly as she looked at the man that had put her through so much heartache. "He's not even worth sacrificing at this point," she said in a calm voice, however it was clear she was going over the different scenarios in her head.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 9:35 pm

Leona glanced at the stomach that was already so big, but she couldnt get lost in wondering what had caused it to grow this fast. Buffy was in pain and it was making her heart ache like nothing else. She felt like she was robbing her sister of something by being here, but she also knew that Verona wouldnt ever have wanted her daughter to be alone in this. She caressed Buffy's face and moved the hair from her head as her other hand gave Buffy's hand soft squeezes. "I'm here now, I know it's scary, but you're in safe hands," she assured the fenix, turning her head back to look at the bathroom door. "Cornelius!" she called, and her son stepped in with a hot tea that had all sorts of leaves in it. "This tea will easen some of your pain. It's a seraphim recipe that has helped countless of birthing moms," she said, making her son hold the cup up to Buffy's lips. Obviously it wasnt a complete pain relief, but it would help her relax.

Trent looked as Alyssa stepped in, scoffing at her words, "It was all thanks to the fenix," he said in a honest tone as he got up from the couch. He looked at her as she seemed to take great joy in seeing the summoner like this, he wondered what the guy could have done to her to make her this angry. A part of him wondered if that was how Nova saw him too when they first met. "Well, whatever you do with him, it has to be off this property. The daemons he brought with him will take the secret of the child to their graves in the void, I have to be sure he will too," he said in a more serious tone as he looked at the empusa.
Amos stood in the hallway, hearing Buffy's cries and the conversation in the living room, he felt oddly out of place. He just leaned up the wall with his arms crossed as he waited to be told what to do.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 9:53 pm

Buffy could do nothing but comply to her aunt's words. But she knew nothing would be as comforting as Baal being here as well, however perhaps he wouldn't come. Maybe he had decided that the artifact was too dangerous, but she could hardly bear to think about that right now. She felt like a child, sobbing as she wanted to be comforted, but there was nothing she could do but push through. Connor stepped in, and Buffy looked up at her cousin, her face red and a fine layer of sweat on her face from the hot water. It was helping her muscles relax, that was for sure, but she couldn't ignore the pain. Drinking the tea seemed to remove some of that harsh pain, breathing again as her aunt had instructed her. She didn't even know if it was actually helping or purely placebo; she was sure that if anyone told her that eating a blueberry right now would help, she would believe them. "Auntie, I'm so sorry ... I'm so sorry for everything, I never meant to dishonor any of you," she whispered between trying to breathe as instructed, but it was hard. Tears were still falling down her face as she leaned her head backwards, looking up at the ceiling. "I just want us to be a family, please auntie, I can't do this alone," she pleaded, her body relaxing as more of the tea kicked in and the contraction subsided once more. She was shaking a little, her face red from the pain, but it felt more doable now.

Alyssa nodded, seemingly impressed with the work of the fenix, before she had to listen to Trent's words. Of course she knew that she couldn't just let loose here. "It won't be pretty, are you sure you want to join me?" she asked calmly, before she looked to her son in the hallway. Breathing out she held her hand up to Trent as to signal for him to wait a minute before they went anywhere. "What are you thinking about, my heaven?" she asked in almost a soft voice. She had always been more gentle with him, so her demeanor changing wasn't weird to her at least. "I don't think you should come with me, however ... I have a feeling you might be needed here," she said in a thoughtful voice, but was she really going to force him to do either? Most likely not. Her weak spot was her son, and bending to his will was often something she wanted to do.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 10:22 pm

The only thing she could do was help Buffy keep her breathing as she had instructed her to. It didnt feel like much but Leona knew that the breathing was quite important in keeping the labor under control. "Dont worry about that now Buffster," she said in a soft tone, running her hand over her forehead to remove some of the sweat and keep her hair out of her face. "We'll always be family," she said in a low calm tone, turning her head to look at Connor. "Go wait in the hallway for your cousin," she said, Connor simply nodded and went out the hallway, just to see the two daemons stand there. He frowned a little but then he shrugged, clearly not sharing the same harsh view on daemons as his mother. Though the young men did give each other some sort of unfriendly look. "It'll take some time before you can push. We need to make sure you're open enough for the baby to pass through," she said, just to let Buffy know what was going to happen and not keep her in the dark.

Trent shrugged at Alyssa's warning, "You'd be surprised to know what I have seen," he said in a neutral tone before he looked at the summoner. He was serious in his words about needing to see this man dead, so when Alyssa went out in the hallway, Trent just kept his eyes on Simeon.
Amos looked up when he heard his mothers voice. Looking at her, he made a shrug, "It should have been a while before the baby would arrive, right?" he asked in a curious tone. He swore that Buffy hadnt seemed that big, but she had been well-concealed under those layers of clothes. A part of him felt bad for her. "Isnt there something we can do?" he asked instead of answering her question whether he'd like to join her or stay here. He was clearly a little worried for the fenix and it showed.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 5:36 am

Everything was just layers of emotions for the fenix, but as her aunt said they would always be a family, she nodded. Nodding because deep down she knew that they would always be a family, but she had so many fears and they were all bubbling to the surface. Connor left and Buffy found herself rather surprised by the fact that she hadn't even thought about her cousin seeing her like this. Perhaps then she could allow Xander to be in here as well? She guessed it wouldn't really matter once she had to push. She seemed to get a hang of breathing in deep and blowing out the air slowly.

Alyssa nodded at Trent's words, walking out to the hallway to look at her son. The way he seemed to worry for the fenix was rather surprising, but not really out of the ordinary. Amos had always been rather good at reading a room, and as he asked if there was anything she could do she shrugged. "In the end it's something she'll have to do herself," she said, knowing it wasn't really all that comforting. From what she had seen of Buffy she would have guessed that the fenix had at least a couple of months before she had to give birth, but she couldn't tell if it was something Simeon had done, or perhaps just her calculating wrongly.

"A celestial birth is unpredictable; One day you can be looking to be in your first trimester, the next day you'll be giving birth," Nova said, walking in through the door. Blood was dripping from her hairline as well as from her nose. The brutes clearly hadn't died without a fight. She looked briefly to Trent, but she felt ashamed, looking away as she pushed her body forward and in to the living room. Laying down on the couch with a small thump.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 2:45 pm

Keeping Buffy’s breathing under control was Leona’s main goal for the moment. She wasnt kidding when she said they had to wait for Buffy to open up enough for the child to pass through. With Buffy’s permission, she checked once in a while or else she just sat and told Buffy things when the contractions werent too harsh on the fenix. “I had the paperwork done, so your child is safely listed as one of mine. You can keep her here though, I’m pretty sure I saw a nursery in the corner of my eye out in that hallway,” she said in a gentle tone, still caressing Buffy’s forehead from time to time in a calming motion. She did however realize that the daemon guy wasnt here but hopefully he would be on his way, or Leona might just hold that against him as well, on top of the whole hating him because he’s a daemon.

As Nova passed them, her words didnt make sense to Amos. How could it work like that? He shook the question out of his head as he looked at his mother, wanting to know if they could do something. When it seemed they couldnt, Amos nodded at her words but Connor wrinkled his nose, “She’s not completely alone,” the seraph muttered to himself but it caught Amos’ attention, “Who’re you?” - “Connor. Buffy’s cousin,” Connor answered, pointing towards the bathroom. “And you are?” He returned the question, looking at Amos. “Baal’s my uncle,” he halfway lied and then not really. Connor nodded and looked away.

Trent looked at Nova with worrying eyes as he saw the blood, but he couldnt understand why she felt so shameful. He followed her into the livingroom as she laid down with a thump, grabbing a blanket that he laid over her. He crouched down to level with her, even if she wouldnt look at him, “Come see me in England when this is all over,” he said, wanting to touch her hand or her back or something, but it felt like a farewell and he hated those. He stood back up and returned to guarding Simeon.

Leona sighed when she realized it wouldnt be long before the baby’s arrival and there were still a bunch of people missing. “Alright Buffster. It’s almost time for the baby to come out, so keep your breathing steady” she said in a calm tone, wondering what was taking Aiden and Xander so long. The door opened and she was ready to scold her nephew, only to frown a little when it was the daemon. Baal felt so tired from running, but he just looked past Leona and hurried to the tub, just to fall on his knees and wrap his arms gently around Buffy - Well as well as he could leaning over a tub. “I made it in time,” he whispered in relief to himself as he kissed her temple a few times.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 3:25 pm

Somehow it seemed calming to her, even though her contractions felt like more and more pressure was upon her back. At least the water was still warm, and she let her auntie do most of the talking as she just focused on breathing. She couldn't help but smile at the words about the nursery, however she still felt like they weren't done. Buffy had thought that she would've had at least a month or two to get everything ready in. Instead of trying to talk, she breathed, and it felt like the more she breathed, the more good she was doing for herself. However when the contractions hit every once in a while, they were bad, making her whimper as she tried not to cry. She feared that the birth itself would be unbearable, but when she knew she had to do it. There was no way back.

Nova looked at Trent as he placed a blanket over her, feeling shameful still, but he probably saw no reason for it. However she was not the type to kill. Ending someones life wasn't just an easy decision for her, and the fight that she had gone through, she had been far from ready for. As he urged her to come see him she nodded, looking over at the daemon strapped to the chair, frowning as she knew what his fate was. Swallowing, she looked at Trent as he was walking away. "Could you ... Notify me when you've landed safely?" she asked, knowing it was a stupid question. She would know he was safe because she would feel it, however she just wanted to make sure. If he did it through the void or the phone, she didn't really care, but she hoped he would abide her wish.

Alyssa looked at the young seraph, frowning as she thought he looked exactly opposite of her son. Blonde hair, and a light aura to match. She almost felt disgusted, but decided to keep her face stoic as to not cause trouble. Her business would be mostly done once she had killed Simeon; She would've kept her promise and kept the child safe. "Let's go - I got a place out in East where we can take him," she said to Trent, nodding at him to carry the daemon, because she sure as hell wasn't going to. She gave Amos a small hug, as well as a look that said behave before her and Trent left with Simeon.

Buffy could feel the contractions getting worse, and her body wanted to push, like it already knew she was ready. Her aunt confirmed this, but she shook her head. "He's not here," she pleaded, but she knew the child would wait for no-one at this point. That was when the door opened wide and she saw her daemon, saw his tired body as he fell on his knees, wrapping his arms around her and she started sobbing as she felt so relieved. "I'm scared ... Where's Xander?" she whispered, her question was for her aunt, feeling a rush through her spine as another contraction hit her, making her grunt, biting her lower lip as to not scream in pain.

"I'm here, I'm here!" Xander yelled, coming in to the bathroom with a large bag. "Sorry, I wasn't exactly expecting you to go in to labor today, but I have everything we need," he said, sounding almost apologetic as he looked at his sister. Sweat was gleaming down her pale face and he sighed, placing the bag down and took out some nice towels, handing some to Leona and placed some others on the side, just in case. "Remember to breathe, Baal, could you place yourself behind her on the floor; perhaps holding her arms?" he said, sounding strangely calm, but this was what he did. He wanted to be a doctor, and it showed in how professional he became all of a sudden. He looked to her aunt, flashing her a smile as he started lighting some incense, clearing out the air as was costume for a seraph birth. The sweet and calming scents of lavender filling the air and mixing in with the dampness of the room. "Don't be afraid to scream if you need to, it can help you release some tension," he said, finding his sister awfully silent. Buffy whimpered, leaning her head back as she cried at the pain she was feeling. She knew it wouldn't be long before she had to push, but she was afraid of how it was going to feel. However as she looked in to Baal's eyes, she felt more calm, as if he was all she needed.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 4:13 pm

Maybe that was the one thing that they would never see eye to eye on. Nova's shame when she killed someone and Trent's lack of understanding for that - He just had to hope it wasnt something that would tear them apart eventually. He grabbed the summoner and swung him over his shoulder as Alyssa instructed him to, stopping at Nova's request. "I'll let you know," he promised before he left the house. He hadnt been kidding when he said he wanted to see it through, even with whatever Alyssa had planned for Simeon's demise.

Hearing Buffy's plea made Leona frown in a sad expression, as much as she hated the daemon, she could understand that Buffy needed him to be here and be with her when she was going through all this pain. So it was an odd feeling to feel relieved to see the daemon hurry to Buffy's side. Heaving softly for air, he listened to her as she whispered, caressing the side of her face gently with his thumb. "It'll be alright," he whispered but he didnt know where the nephilim was. He looked up at Leona who sat down next to them and grabbed Buffy's hand just as Xander came through the door. Aiden was also there, but she didnt feel like she could be of much use in the bathroom, so instead she pulled Connor and Amos with her to the kitchen were she could make something easy for Buffy to eat once she had delivered the child.

Baal nodded at Xander's request and moved to the edge of the tub. He kissed Buffy's forehead gently and let her grab his arms first before holding onto her - It just felt like he would constrain her if he did it first and he wanted her to feel safe. He caressed her skin gently with his thumbs as he looked at her with soft eyes, though he was nervous. From what he knew of births, a daemon was never easy. And from what he knew from Aiden and the unknown fate of her parents, the odds didnt seem to be looking well for them if it had been related to the hybrid's birth. "I'm here for you, I'll be with you all the way," he whispered in a tender voice, feeling it gravel a bit with emotion. He tried to keep himself calm and collected, but the thought of losing her was agonizing, even if they had their bond that would always ensure that they would find each other.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 5:52 pm

Buffy knew she was being surrounded by those she loved the most, and as she took hold of Baal's arms, she squeezed a little, tensing her jaw as her breathing got unstable, whimpering as the pain was getting to her. She heard what everyone said, but it was like it was being put on the back burner while this contraction made its appearance. She couldn't help but cry out, the pain being horrible, but having people around her had calmed her. Looking at Baal she felt herself panting for air as she was trying to remain focussed on the breathing that Leona had taught her. "Is she ready to push?" Xander asked his aunt, looking at her for her approval, and if she did he would simply nod, placing the incense down to instead ready his utensils. There was nothing sharp, the only object sharp was a small scissor, still wrapped in its sterile package. Xander looked at his sister, breathing with her to show her how to do it. "That's it, now, for the next one, I need you to push ... Do it as steady as you can, but you need to mean it," he said, and Buffy nodded in agreement, closing her eyes to breathe more normally.

As the contraction came, Buffy opened her eyes wide, haltering her breath as she felt herself grunt as she started to push. It was hurting, making her cry and scream out in pain. Her body was shaking, clearly weak from the lack of sleep, but surprisingly strong enough to do this. As the contraction subsided, she cried out, leaning back as she was shaking, looking at Baal. "I love you, I love you, I love you," she mumbled over and over before another contraction hit making her lean forward as she screamed, pushing to the best of her ability. It was hurting her, the exhaustion already showing, but she was determined to see this through. "Buffster, you need to breathe," Xander said in a serious voice, making the fenix realize she had been holding her breath. Gasping for air she cried, sobbing as sweat accumulated on her forehead and the upper body that wasn't submerged. "You are doing great, breathe, breathe ... Now, for the next one I need you to push really hard," he said, guiding her to the best of his ability, however he would always look to his aunt to check if what he was saying was right. He had only experienced this in books, only the theory, but now was not a time to get book smart. Buffy's breath was shaky as she whimpered, however she was maintaining her breathing. "I can't do this, I can't do this," she whimpered, closing her eyes and pressing them hard together. "You need to," Xander said, looking at Baal. Couldn't the daemon muster up some encouraging words?
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 6:34 pm

Leona nodded at Xander when he asked whether Buffy was ready to push. She prepared some towels on the floor for when they needed them but she was mostly letting Xander handle it and watch that Buffy was making sure to breathe. She looked to Baal and it was clear that she didnt like to indulge a daemon in seraphim traditions, but she did want the best for Buffy no matter what. She grabbed a smaller towel to wipe Buffy’s forehead for sweat before the contraction would come. When it did Baal frowned a little worried but he held her arms gently as he was told to. He kissed the top of her head when she leaned back and had her break, looking into her green eyes with a softness to his, “It’s going well,” he assured her before Xander spoke, stroking the skin on her arms gently. He listened to the nephilim and felt rather useless in the situation, but he was going to be here for her - Even if he could do nothing to help her with her pain.

He moved with her to let her lean forward as the next contraction came, her cries made him swallow hard, his jaw would have been trembling a little if he hadnt clenched it so hard. He closed his eyes and he swore that her pain felt like something pulling at his heartstrings, making him feel her hurting in his chest. He was both surprised and confused and when she whimpered and Xander was the one to tell her to keep going, Baal opened his eyes and let go of her arms. He placed his hands around her face and placed his lips on her forehead, “Remember your dreams my love,” he whispered against her skin before lifting his head to look into her eyes. “Of our future with our daughter,” he said in a tender tone, smiling softly at her as he felt his eyes get a little wet, a tear making it’s way down his cheek, “It’s right around the corner, you cant give up now,” he said as his hands calmly found their way back to hold her arms. Frankly he was scared shitless, but it wouldnt help anyone if he started freaking out now.
“Just a few more pushes,” he promised her, not moving his eyes to check with Xander or Leona - He just hoped that he was right.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 7:31 pm

Buffy whimpered, crying as her face was red from all of the pushing and the heat. She didn't think she could do this, she felt like she was going to die, but then she felt Baal's hands cup her face. She closed her eyes, listening to his voice as she sobbed, but his words were comforting. Even though the pain was hard to manage, she felt so grateful for the fact that he was here. That he was guiding her and telling her exactly what she needed. He promised her only a few more pushes and she nodded in reply, trying to remove her tears. Grabbing on to his arms again, she looked ahead at Xander, her eyes fearful, but the fire burning strong. "Good, now breathe and give me one good push," he said in a calm voice. Buffy was shaking as another contraction hit, making her scream louder than before, as if the house was falling down around her. She felt her vision blurring, her breath going crazy, but looking at her aunt made her breathe once more. "I can see the head ... Two more, Buffster, two more and you are done," he promised, smiling at his sister. Buffy cried, holding on to dear life as she squeezed Baal's arms. The two contractions came and went and Buffy leaned back in the tub, her eyes looking up in to the ceiling as the room filled with silence. Xander held his breath as he guided the child up to its mother, scared because the child was silent. Buffy looked down in to her arms, the most beautiful little girl. The baby finally opened it's eyes as it started wailing, making Buffy cry happy tears as she held her daughter in her arms. Weeping she kissed the head of her little girl, the baby soon enough quieting down as it felt the comfort it needed. "Hello my little Saoirse ... Hello," she whispered in a broken voice, still crying as she held the girl close. Xander felt a relief run through his system as the child started to cry, closing his eyes as not to cry. It was impossible as some tears had already escaped his eyes, running down his cheeks. Sniffling he gestured for Baal to come closer. "Do you want to cut the chord?" he asked in a calm voice, trying not to sound too impacted. Buffy was exhausted, but holding that little girl in her arms, she just knew it had all been worth it.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 9:33 pm

Leona felt quite proud of how well Buffy seemed to be handling it. She had seen a fair few births and none of them had ever been easy on the mother - But compared to many of the reactions she had seen, Buffy was doing well. She was trying to keep guiding her niece to keep her breath under control when the contractions werent at their strongest. She nodded with Xander at his promise, smiling softly as she excused herself before the final push. She had to make sure everything was in complete order, because that was just how she was - She was more focused on making sure Buffy could get her energy back than haltering for a selfish moment of seeing the newborn. Aiden assured her that everything was going well in the kitchen, the two boys were helping to their best ability and even though they didnt seem to hit it off that well, they were just that more focused on their tasks.

After the last contraction ended and there was silence, Baal just kept looking at Buffy as he feared something had gone wrong. Xander lifting the child to place her in Buffy's arms made him look at the baby, scoffing under his breath as he made a broad smile looking at the little girl. The wailing was a relief compared to the silence and Buffy's whisper made him feel like the ache he had felt when he had felt so useless slowly closed up and now he just felt whole. Xander's gesture made him sit down next to the tub as he placed his forehead against Buffy's shoulder for a moment as he exhaled deeply. He didnt answer the nephilim right away as he just needed a moment to relish the fact that he hadnt lost Buffy as a fear in the back of his head had been whispering. He lifted his face and kissed the side of Buffy's head before he looked at the little girl in her arms, "She's beautiful," he whispered to her before he nodded at Xander, "I'd like to cut the chord," he said, though a part of him worried that it would hurt Buffy.
He looked at the fenix and ran his hand along the side of her head, feeling the soft strands in his palm. "How are you feeling my love?" he asked her, just to know if there was anything he could do to help her. He grabbed the scissor if Xander had unpacked it and looked at the chord with a puzzled look. He wasnt sure where to cut it, so he would be thankful if the nephilim helped him.

Leona came back after a while and gasped softly at the sight of Buffy and the child. She made a soft big smile as she looked at them, "Just as beautiful as her mother," she said in a happy tone. She stood by the edge of the tub and looked around just to be sure that the towels would be ready for when Buffy wanted to get out. As long as the water was still warm, Leona didnt see a problem in Buffy lying around in it for as long as she needed. "Aiden's made a meal that you can have served in bed if you'd like. I'm sure Baal can help you with anything else that you may need once we've cleaned up here. We wont disturb you much once you've gotten in bed," she said in an assuring tone, looking shortly at Xander before looking at Buffy again. "Since you're an Elior by blood, it is custom that the baby should be presented to the rest of the family. But we'll talk about it when you've rested," she then said, placing a hand on Xander's shoulder as she took in the view of Buffy and the child. She made a small sigh, "Can I have a small piece of the chord?" she asked, knowing it may have sounded weird. "I'd like to offer it to Verity, so that she can tell your mother of tonight," she said, feeling her eyes well up a little at the mention of her sister. She didnt want to make the moment sad, but she did feel like she was stealing a moment that wasnt for her.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 10:14 pm

Buffy sat halfway in the tub, half laying, as she just took in the small features of the child in her arms. She was absolutely taken away by how beautiful she was, how her hair already showed the ever so golden locks. A true Elior, she thought to herself, smiling as she spoke softly to Saoirse, but not about anything in particular. Just small words like the fact that she had waited for this moment, praising the child for its beauty, and comforting it when it started to pull a face. She looked at Baal, the fire in her eyes burning brightly, smiling as tears were still running down her cheeks. "I'm doing just fine, love," she said softly before turning her gaze back to Saoirse, talking softly about what was going to happen. "Is daddy going to cut the chord?" she whispered, pulling a surprised expression, however it was purely to entertain the little one. Xander knew that Baal would be a bit confused, but he made sure to instruct him in where to cut. It wouldn't hurt neither the mother nor the child. As Leona reentered, Buffy looked up at her aunt. Her face said it all, beaming with life and proud of what she had managed to do, she nodded at the information, running her pinkie finger down to Saoirse's small hand. The child instinctively grabbed on, making the fenix smile at the small newborn. As Leona mentioned the family, Buffy felt uneasy, however she felt relieved to hear they would speak about it later. For now she just wanted it to be her small family; Baal, Saoirse and herself. "Of course you can have a piece, please," she said, gesturing for Xander to make a small snippet, placing the piece in a small container and handing it to her aunt. "Mom would have been freaking out the whole time," Buffy chuckled softly at her aunt, her tears turning a little sad. "Checking the temperature of the water every five seconds, scolding Baal for not doing anything," she chuckled, looking down to the baby in her arms. Buffy was tired, beyond exhausted, but something in her just kept her going.

Xander grabbed a towel, taking the child, Buffy smiling at the bundle of joy as she started to frown. Redness started to spread in the tub, making the fenix look down, shocked and a little scared. "Breathe ... It's normal; The placenta needs to be born too, you know," the nephilim chuckled softly, drying off the baby from water and blood. He looked to Baal. "Auntie, will you take the little one and get her cleaned up while we finish up in here?" Xander asked, unsure if he wanted to be the one handing the child to Baal. He could tolerate him, but his instincts told him to keep the child far away from the daemon. Buffy whimpered, but the placenta came out rather quickly. Xander was good at guiding her, and as it was finished, Xander suggested Baal helping Buffy with a shower before getting dressed in something loose.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 2:31 am

The chord was cut under Xander’s instruction and a small piece given to Leona per her request. Baal placed the scissors back down before he gently placed a hand on Buffy’s shoulder. He would have wrapped his arms around her and held both her and the baby close but he would rather have her lay in the tub as comfortable as she could without him having to push and move her. He looked at their beautiful daughter in her arms and just stared at her for a while. Buffy’s words of her mother seemed bittersweet because he knew she had wanted her here. But if the aunt had a way to let Buffy’s mother know of the child in the afterlife, that seemed like a good circumstancial thing. But he couldnt take his eyes of the little creation in the love of his life’s arms, not for anything in the world except if Buffy wanted something. He could feel himself choke up on emotions and it affected his breath as his eyes started to sting a little. He couldnt stop smiling and it didnt bother him too much because the reasons to smile were as clear as day - He had Buffy and their daughter and for a moment that made him feel invincible to anything the world could throw at them, not even the artifact could ruin this moment of pure bliss for him. He sniffled a little and made a soft chuckle as he rubbed his eyes, “I dont really want to cry but I just feel so happy,” he admitted in a whisper as he looked at Buffy for a small tender moment.

The child was taken and as Xander cleaned the baby, the sudden appearance of blood did scare Baal a little too. He just exhaled at the nephilim’s words and leaned over to kiss Buffy’s scalp at a few different spots, hoping that he could help her feel calm and safe. Leona nodded at Xander’s words before picking up the baby, smiling at her in her arms, making sure she was wrapped properly to keep warm, “You look deliciously fat and healthy. That’s a really good thing,” she told the baby, but Baal found her choice of words peculiar. She stood by the door and waited till Xander made his suggestion, she assured the couple that she would let them dress the baby once Buffy had been cleaned up. And then she nodded for Xander to follow, just to give the couple some peace. She went into the livingroom and Aiden was quick to peek her head in. “Oh my word. She’s a beauty,” the hybrid said from afar, still feeling unsure on whether Leona liked her or not, so she kept to the doorframe to not interfere in something she might not have been allowed to. Connor and Amos followed to see the little one. “She barely has eyes,” Amos noted but Connor scoffed at him, “Babies are always puffy at first. Wouldnt you be if you had been in water for months?” The seraph asked, which made the daemon frown a little in a ponder. Leona was too taken by the little one’s beauty to tell her son off for talking with a daemon. But maybe this was the life she had to get used to. She knew the baby was a hybrid but she swore that she saw too much of Buffy to ever believe the daemon part would matter.

When they were alone, Baal gently cupped Buffy’s face to kiss her in small gentle kisses, but between each kiss he would say something, “You.. did.. so.. well.. and.. I.. am.. proud to be yours,” he said, finishing his words quickly before placing a longer kiss on her lips. He really couldnt get the smile off his face but he still couldnt see the bad in it. He turned on the water for the showerhead and made sure it was Very warm before he placed it against Buffy’s chest to keep her warm. He then pulled the plug from the tub to let the bloody water disappear slowly. He grabbed the showerhead again and gestured for Buffy to move down a little so he wouldnt spray water everywhere. He got her hair wet before he grabbed her soap and placed the showerhead back on her chest so she could keep warm while he washed her hair. In gentle motions he distributed the soap and took the opportunity to massage her scalp a bit. “I’m sorry that I was dumb enough to think Simeon wouldnt come here,” he then said as his fingers did their work. He felt shameful that he hadnt thought it all through, because he knew how Simeon liked his schemes and plans. He grabbed the showerhead and rinsed her hair from the soap before he rinsed her legs from the slight remains of the bloodwater. He let her hold the showerhead again to stay warm before he grabbed a few towels. He dried her hair before turning off the water, because then all he had to do was wrap her in a towel and pick her up. He wouldnt have her walk around when she clearly had just pushed someting as big as a baby. He carried her to bed where he started to dry her off before finding some loose clothes. He was careful as he helped her into them, by his expression he was taking the task quite seriously, though when he looked into her eyes it was clear that he was doing his best out of the love he felt for her. Grabbing her hand, this moment was more than his heart could bear, “The light of my life,” he said feeling his eyes sting again as he leaned down to bury his face in her chest, crying softly but it was from the joy he felt. “I love you. I love you so sooo much,” he mumbled in a tone that sounded choked up and muffled from her shirt that it barely sounded like words came out of his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 10:28 am

Nova moved from the couch to stand up as Leona came in, standing there she felt herself speechless. Even though the little girl was only part celestial, she could sense her little soul. Sense how great she would become, but also the need to protect her. Of course she couldn't be the mother of the child, far from it, but she wanted to be a guardian for her. One to always look out for her, even from afar. "She truly is," Nova said, trying not to cry. She felt so overwhelmed but she looked at Leona for some answers. "Is Buffy doing alright? Did everything go as planned?" she asked, nervous to even hear about it al. Xander came in to the living room shortly after Leona, smiling at Aiden as he walked to her. He took her hand, guiding her over to her aunt. "Aiden, say hello to the newest member of our family," he said softly, making sure Aiden would see the newborn's little face. His words had implied that Aiden was already a part of the family, but he hadn't really told that to his aunt yet. "She's going to be a real Elior with that hair," he chuckled, leaning his head on top of Aiden's. He felt tired, but he knew it was just because all of the tension seemed for a moment to be gone. "She's going to need protection," Nova said, moving closer. She could feel the child be strong, but without a true bond, it wouldn't live long. However how could you possibly ask someone to bind themselves to a newborn? "All celestials are born and create a bond with another celestial; However she is the first born in ten thousand years," she said, telling them about how Trent had tried to form a semi-bond with the child when it was still unborn. "For her own safety, I'd recommend her getting bonded to someone; but as she is both of light and dark, maybe it would be two?" Nova said in a pondering voice, frowning as she was trying to think about the possibilities.

Buffy smiled at Baal as he helped her, however she stopped him when he was trying to soap her up. "No soap, it's not good for the child," she said, and wanted them to focus on just getting her rinsed off. While it would be good to just rinse herself, the child would need to come as a first priority. After the rinsing she sighed as her daemon wrapped her in one of the soft towels, being lifted up she smiled, looking in to his eyes. She had really done it. It felt surreal, and being here in his arms was the best feeling in the world. Inside the bedroom Buffy told him where he could find some of the loose fitting clothes, wanting to do it herself, but it was clear that Baal wanted to feel useful. So she let him help her. "Love, I've given birth, not been in a car accident," she chuckled at how careful he seemed to be when dressing her. Sure, her body was aching, but it was mostly focused on her nether region. She knew Xander and Leona would make sure to leave something for her to help with that. As she had gotten dressed, she looked at Baal as he took her hand. She wasn't prepared for what came next, and how his emotions seemed to run overboard. Wrapping her arms around him, she kissed his hair softly, whispering sweet and comforting words against his scalp. "I love you too, love of my life," she whispered in reply, her eyes running over with water as well as she hugged him. Leaning a bit away, she looked at his face, removing some of his tears from his cheeks; those that hadn't been caught by her shirt. "Are you ready to dress our daughter?" she whispered, feeling herself overwhelmed by that sentence alone, sniffling a bit as she chuckled. "And perhaps try and see if she's hungry," she chuckled. Thankfully Baal had chosen a shirt for her with button down the middle, which would make things a lot easier for her.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 11:49 am

Seeing Nova, it didnt seem to surprise Leona much as her wounds seemed to match the ones that Trent had had when he answered the door for her. She was grateful for whatever they had done as it seemed that Buffy had gone unharmed from what had harmed them. The small splatters of blood on the floor showed signs of a fight, though it seemed more controlled - So she knew this was where one of the pair had gotten their wounds. “Buffy is doing good. She will only suffer from soreness while her body adjusts to having given birth,” the valkyrie assured her, letting the celestial see the baby - But she wasnt going to pass the little one around before she could get a chance to be with her parents. Aiden followed Xander as he grabbed her hand, feeling a little nervous that the valkyrie would scold her, but Leona seemed calm enough to accept the hybrid being brought closer. Even Xander talking to her like she was accepted by the family seemed fine to her for now. Everything just had to fall into place for now, even if it could fall apart later.
She lifted her eyes as Nova mentioned protection, her eyes turning a little firmer with worry because the last thing she wanted for the baby was for harm to come her way. She didnt like the sound of Nova’s words, the child couldt just be bound to whoever. At first her gaze went to Aiden, but seeing how she stood in Xander’s embrace, it didnt seem fair to push over their heads. She then looked at the two young males that looked so opposite of each other. She made a sigh and looked down at Saoirse, “I wont make a decision for Buffy. She’s her mother, she will know what’s best for her daughter” she then said, deciding that she couldnt ever take that away from the fenix.

She may make fun of how careful he was being with her but he wasnt going to risk making some odd movement that would be greeted with an expression of pain when he would turn his head up to look at her. “I just dont want to hurt you,” he said in a sigh, but he wasnt annoyed with her. Maybe he was being silly when he was careful, but he would always choose silly over the chance of hurting her. Because the love he felt for her was just that strong, but there was also the tiny echo of her whimpers and screams in the bathroom that wasnt a pleasant memory.
He didnt mind showing her how his feelings went overboard, this day had been more than hectic. All these surprises culminating into feelings that needed release now when things had calmed down. He had thought so many times that something would go wrong and he had almost believed it when he had heard her whimper in the phone like some evil mind trick. He looked up at her with teary eyes, smiling at her with a trembling jaw. Her question made him look down for a moment as he dried his eyes, taking in a deep trembling breath to calm himself a little. “Ye...yeah,” he said as he cleared his throat to contain his joy just a little. He placed a hand against her cheek, leaning in to kiss her forehead before he got up from the bed. He frowned a little confused at himself for a moment because he didnt feel sure if she wanted to walk out to the livingroom but whether that was a good idea wasnt really what he was thinking. The others would surely understand. He went to the livingroom, seeing them all stand around the baby. Leona turned her head to look at him. She still wasnt happy with him and it showed, but she quite respectfully placed the child in his arms. She grabbed his sleeve in a firm grasp to get his attention. “Take care of them, even if it’s not in your nature,” she said in a tone as firm as her grip. Baal frowned at her for a moment before he looked down at Saoirse, “That’s the plan,” he just told her, trying not to be defiant for the sake of not ruining the mood. She let go of his sleeve. “Make sure she eats before she sleeps tonight. Both of them,” the valkyrie strictly instructed him. Baal drew in a deep breath and nodded. Hopefully this tension wouldnt last forever he thought, but it could only be a hope. He decided to return to Buffy before Leona could say anything else, wanting to keep things nice. “Your aunt always has a way to make her words sound like she’s wielding a whip,” he chuckled as he sat down in front of Buffy with their child so she was close to the both of them. He would hand the baby over if she wanted to hold her, mostly because he felt it was her right after having to push her out. “She’s not all that tiny,” he remarked, but unsure of what else size he had been expecting.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 12:09 pm

Nova understood what Leona was saying, but the child needed protection. "It will have to happen within the week, for now I think it would be best for the child to rest with it's mother," she said, however she felt a sting in her heart. She would never be able to have a child, so it hurt her so deeply to see the happiness that filled the room. However she wasn't the jealous type, she just had to come to terms with the facts. As Baal stepped in, Xander looked at the daemon and the exchange he had with his aunt. He could understand his aunt to a certain extend, but he had seen how good Baal had been to his sister, so scolding him now would be wrong. Instead he walked with Aiden, finding the food that she had made for Buffy and walked to the bedroom with it. If Aiden wanted to follow, it would be fine.

Buffy chuckled as she half sobbed at his words. It was clear how the joy had spread in the small bedroom, and as Baal got up, Buffy moved to sit with her head against the headrest of the bed. Placing the duvet around her, she made sure to keep warm, though her body was tired, she knew she needed to hold her small child. Baal reentered, and she couldn't help but whimper at the sight of Saoirse in her daemon's arms. It was just like her dream, but this time amplified and so much more beautiful. The small newborn was quite alert, clearly hungry as it's lips started to move. The fenix couldn't help but laugh softly at Baal's words, reaching over to touch the baby's face in gentle strokes with her finger. "She's perfect," she whispered as the newborn started to fuss a little. Buffy frowned, reaching over to take the child in to her arms and guiding it to her chest. It all just felt natural, like she knew what to do, even though she was only going by instincts. Saoirse latched on, making Buffy frown as it wasn't quite pleasant when her breasts were this sensitive. As the baby fed, Buffy found herself just staring at their creation. "She looks like you," she whispered, smiling because it was probably only her that could see it. Buffy kept stroking the newborn's cheek, smiling at her as she started to hum a small melody; one that her mother had always sung for her and Xander growing up. She didn't know why she felt so compelled, but perhaps it was because she could almost feel her own mother's presence. Taking her eyes off of Saoirse for a minute she looked at Baal, reaching her hand from Saoirse's cheek to his and cupping it gently. "Will you find her some clothes? It's in the nursery, and perhaps a diaper as well?" she chuckled, pulling his face down to kiss her lips. Her kiss was tender, filled with the love she felt for her daemon. She had a real rollercoaster of a day, but after all of it, she was grateful to have her girl in her arms and her man by her side. Breaking the kiss carefully, she frowned a bit as she looked down at Saoirse. "You are eager, that's for sure," she chuckled at the baby that was gulping and stretching it's small hands against her chest.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 12:46 pm

One thing that Baal had never imagined was for him wanting to be a father. He had grown up under Simeon’s strict rules of the no-love and no-children idea. So it had seemed far-fetched for him to have actually believed he would be any good at parenting. But he had been nothing but happy when Buffy had told him of the pregnancy and even know with the baby out and living, he was still ever so happy. He looked at the little girl as Buffy touched her face. He thought she was one of the most beautiful he had ever seen, but maybe it was because he saw Buffy in her. “She is,” he agreed softly when the newborn started to fuss. He handed her over carefully and watched in wonder as Buffy seemed to handle it all so naturally. He looked up at her in a tender amazement and a mix of admiration as she was looking at their child. He furrowed his brows shortly in disagreement when she said the child looked like him. “The blonde hair says something else,” he chuckled, placing a hand on top of Buffy’s thigh that was hidden under the duvet. He listened to her melody as he watched her.
When she looked up at him, he felt like she had caught him staring but her hand cupping his face felt quite nice. He nodded before feeling her lips against his, sighing against her lips as his hand gently moved up to the side of her throat, feeling her pulse against his thumb. Her breaking off the kiss made him realize he had held his breath but thankfully it didnt matter much as a daemon. He looked down at Saoirse, before he looked back at the fenix, kissing her forehead before getting up to get the things they needed.

Aiden prepared the dish and looked at it with a worried frown. “What if she doesnt like it?” She suddenly asked, but she had never seemed to worry about the quality of her food before. Everyone in the house had heard the screams and Aiden just wanted to make sure that the first mouthful wouldnt make Buffy gag and spit out. She had kept it free from meat, adding in a few good replacements to ensure that the fenix would be well fed and get every nutrient that she would need. She saw Baal in the corner of her eye, but she kept looking at the dish, as if staring at it would somehow change her mind. The daemon dropped by the kitchen to look at the pair, “She’s feeding Saoirse right now, but it shouldnt take too long,” he said as he eyed the clock. Shrugging, he wouldnt call himself an expert in the field of breastfeeding, “Maybe five more minutes?” He guessed. Aiden chuckled a little and made a nod.

He returned with the clothes, looking at them before he made a sigh at the sight of Buffy with Saoirse. “It’s normal for a daemon to grow faster, but she has been incredibly fast,” he said when reality seemed to hit him, sitting back down in front of Buffy as he looked at their child. He wasnt really complaining, but it was just a little odd to him.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 1:07 pm

Buffy felt his hand against her neck, feeling his warmth that always put a smile on her face. "Breathe," she whispered softly before he looked down to the child still eating. Closing her eyes briefly as he kissed her forehead, smiling as her eyes went back to Saoirse. She heard him leaving the room, and she just sat there with the newborn in her arms. Her face with gleaming, as if she had gotten a burst of energy just from watching her small family together. She felt like she belonged, right here with her child in one arm and her daemon by her side.

Xander sighed at Aiden, shaking his head at her worry. "She's going to love it, and you know that deep down," the nephilim said, kissing the hybrid on the hair. He knew that as soon as they had made sure that the child and mother was fed, that her aunt would kick all of them out of the house to go home. He felt like he needed sleep anyways, but he still had a hard time wrapping his mind around it all. He was a uncle now. How weird was that? Looking up, he saw Baal coming in to the kitchen, and he felt himself a little uneasy. Not that he hated the summoner, but his instincts were just a little harder to battle when he was tired. He nodded, feeling relieved that his sister was able to breastfeed, because she had looked exhausted in the bathroom. "We'll probably go home soon so you all can get some rest ... Do you need someone to be look out of the house or?" Xander asked. He offered his help only because he wouldn't want to see any harm come upon his sister or his newborn niece.

As Baal returned, Buffy looked at him. Saoirse had finished, bubbling away as she slept in her arms, though they were getting a bit tired from holding her. "Really fast, but I just want to keep her like this for a little while longer," she said, smiling at Baal as he handed her the diaper and clothes. Carefully she placed the small diaper on the child, chuckling as she found the sleeping child so endearing. "Could you help me with the head?" she asked, as she put on the small onesie for the child.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Central District :: The Institute-
Jump to: