Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Cesare

Cesare

Full name : Cesare Leone

To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 12:24 pm

Alyssa heard the voice she knew so well, freezing in place as she looked at her son being dragged in to all of this. Gritting her teeth she looked briefly at Simeon, hating how he referred to her as the love of his life. What a pathetic lie. He only cared for her lineage, nothing else. "Let my son go, or I swear to Bael you will suffer worse than any," she said, her voice sounded like it could spit venom. As Simeon suggested that Baal could simply sacrifice himself she shook her head, reaching an arm out to hold in front of her brother. Despite it all, she did have some emotions left, but they were only for those whom shared her blood. "Don't fool yourself Simeon," she said, hoping that Amos was alright. Her mind had been distracted, and it was clearly his strategy. "My boy is stronger than you give him credit," she said. Taking a step forward she looked at the altar, seeing the different items displayed, one of them being a ceremonial dagger. "But now I have proof that you are an idiot; You have defied our Lord in his own temple!" she yelled, still moving closer. She knew he couldn't deny her presence. He still wanted her, for whatever reason it might be. Perhaps he was sentimental, and maybe at one point he had loved her, but he had taken all of her love out of her life. "Simeon, what do you want to do? What could you possibly gain from this?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 1:50 pm

“You’ve always been so cold to anyone but him,” Simeon said, Baal was unsure if he heard regret og disgust in Simeon’s tone. To Simeon it seemed easier if Baal just did offer himself, but that was because he didnt want the hassle of getting him himself. So when Alyssa lifted her arm to block off the summoner, both of them just looked at her. “He’s always been a mommy’s boy, so of course he wouldnt be anything but strong,” Simeon said with a frown like it wasnt really a good thing.
“Defied our Lord? When?” He asked with his head tilted. “Was it not.... your brother that refused to harm a seraph and somehow a lycan managed to come and do the job for him?” He asked, looking at Alyssa with narrowed eyes. “Surely blood shouldnt protect a daemon from the penalty that comes with defiance,” he said, turning his back to her. He wasnt really worried because he knew she wouldnt do anything that could risk her to lose her son.
He lifted the dagger before running his finger against the blade, letting a drop of his own blood land in a bowl. “I want the same as you. Loyalty and purpose. Your brother’s heart is tainted from being with the seraphim blooded fenix. His loyalty is fleeting, ready to disappear, should his mortal lover be in danger,” Simeon then said before turning back to Alyssa. “Dont fall down the same path as him and sympathize with his reasons. He has lived over 800 years and known the penalty for taking a seraph as a lover. This is what we hunted and killed that hybrid’s parents for 19 years ago,” he then said picking up an ancient relic that almost oozed with something terrible and dark. “To restore his heart, he must swallow this relic and swear his loyalty to Bael. If not.... then the daemons have no use for him,” he then said, placing the relic in Alyssa’s hands.
Baal had just been quiet under the whole ordeal but seeing the relic made him a bit uneasy, even more so when Simeon seemed to demand that he ingest it.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 4:08 pm

Alyssa knew that Baal was not that much wiser than Simeon, but this was wrong. Twisted and turned to be as strange as possible. "What Baal has done is not linked to you; both of you should be punished, but right now you seem to be on the top of my list," she said through gritted teeth. The worst part right now was that she could do nothing, not as long as he had Amos. Alyssa had never harmed her son, not even hit him by mistake, and she was not risking hurting him now. She hated her husband, was despised by how he acted in this moment and as he spoke about Baal being with a seraph she frowned. "His lover is a mortal fenix; once she's dead, then his mishap is forgiven," she said, although it didn't matter to her whom anyone was with. The empusa knew little of love, she didn't care for it or what power it could hold. But she needed to get her son to safety. She couldn't live with herself if he got hurt because of her actions. "Give me Amos," she demanded, looking at the artifact in Simeon's hand. "Just give me my boy and I will leave," she said. Not that she was giving up on getting her revenge, but the safety of her child was of the utmost priority. She looked at Baal. It was all up to him what he decided to do, but she had made a promise to him that she would keep Buffy and his coming child safe. But she couldn't do that if she didn't have the only thing left of her love; Her son.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 1:51 pm

Simeon didnt seem bothered by Alyssa believing that his and Baal's doings were much different. He just shrugged and sent her a confident smile. Even if he was on the top of her list, he still had the upperhand with Amos. And he knew it. He had seen how she was with her son, the love she held for the boy was almost endearing in a sense. But Simeon never understood love, not fully. "And what about the child that they will eventually produce? Should we just let our valuable genes flow freely for one and every man to claim for themselves?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.
He wanted to roll his eyes at her demand. Only the way a wife could be, he thought to himself. He looked down at the artifact, nodding at her words. "He will be sent to a place where you can pick him up. I'm not taking any chances of you ruining this," he then said before he looked at Baal. A big smile spread on his lips. "Now go Alyssa. Before I change my mind," he then said, sending Alyssa a warning look. He looked at his men, nodding at them before they seemed to disappear with a purpose. Baal made a deep sigh, looking at his sister in case she looked at him. He didnt say a word but his eyes were trying to let her know that it was alright - Not that there had been much of a choice to begin with if Simeon really had been willing to hurt her son.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 5:35 pm

Alyssa wasn't a fan of just leaving behind Baal, but she also couldn't let down her son. Simeon knew that he was her only weakness, because she feared neither pain nor death. She feared only hurting the only thing that mattered in her eyes. She nodded as she looked briefly back at Baal, hoping he would understand. She wasn't giving up on overthrowing Simeon, but she would rather keep her son safe. Moving through the temple she felt awfully relaxed, perhaps because she knew where she was going. Opening up two large doors she entered a vault, one that was only meant for the blood of Bael to enter, so she knew that Amos would be safe here. She saw her boy, walking to him and placing a hand on each side of his arms, looking him up and down as if to inspect him. "Did they harm you? And if they did, you better tell me names," she said in a firm voice. She always sounded cold, but she knew that Amos could hear her motherly tone. He could see in her eyes that whom she truly cared for was him. "I should've made sure you were safe, I should've sent you away with Delilah or Emmy," she said, referring to her two most trusted empusas that acted much as his aunts.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

Full name : Amadeus Alexander Loviatar
Quote : I always get what I want.

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 6:16 pm

The only thing he was really feeling was shame the moment he was dragged to the vault and pushed inside. Watching the door close behind him, he made a deep sigh as he ran a hand through his hair. As reckless as he was most of the time, he always tried his best to avoid having his mother worry. Simeon wasnt a person that he liked, he never had. Maybe it was the way he had seen how his mother hated the summoner, but either way it had twisted his view of the fatherly figure to something he didnt want to follow. He looked down when he saw his mother, his face full of regret as she inspected him. "I'm alright, mother," he mumbled a little shameful before he carefully lifted his eyes to meet hers. He shook his head when she seemed to be thinking of what could have been done to prevent it, "He tricked me into coming here. Well, he said you were here," he said, scratching his neck as his eyes fell to the ground again. "I should've kicked his ass," he said in a tone filled of contained anger and a frown over his brows.
But before he could go far into his should'ves, he looked up at his mother. "You brought him along. Does he know now?" he asked, tilting his head a little curiously, but he wasnt really showing whether he liked the thought of it or not - He more so seemed indifferent by whatever answer she would give.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 6:33 pm

"Like I would have Simeon request your presence? I would've rather sent a stupid campion," she said, her voice clearly angry. The audacity that the leader of summoners had was beyond her, but now she had her son safe and sound. She shook her head at his careless words, saying that he should've fought back. No, that would've only made Simeon angry, and as rough as the summoner could be when in a bad mood, the worse he could be once his fury hit him. "No, no, my heaven," she said, shaking her head. She sighed, placing her palm against his cheek. Then came the question she dreaded, looking into his eyes with a serious gaze.
"He knows, but he also knows that he can't just claim what was never his," she said, like it was a promise. She had never held a secret from Amos, always been honest with him, because no matter what it was like he could read through her lies. "And I need to tell you something that can never leave this room; It is a secret you'll need to keep safe, if you wish for your future sibling to be safe," she said. She told Amos about Buffy, how Alyssa had noticed the pregnancy, had smelt the pheromones in the air, and that she had overheard the fenix speak of it being a girl. "Amos, I've raised you, you know me and I know you; But we both know that blood is the ultimate bond," she said.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 7:18 pm

"It didnt sound good, I thought you were hurt," he said before looking at her hand, "And he wasnt wrong," he then argued as he took her hand to look at it. Looking at how well the gauze was wrapped, someone else had done it for her. He would hurt Simeon if he could find a way without having consequences for himself. But harming the leader of a sub-species wasnt really that simple. He barely liked that his mother was so focused on getting her revenge on Simeon.
He nodded when she said Baal knew. He just kept looking at her bandaged arm as he held her hand between his. "Good. I dont want a new father. I already have one douche who thinks he can lecture me," he muttered under his breath with a dissatisfied expression. Then she spoke of a secret and he frowned a little as he simply nodded to let her know she could trust him. He wouldnt ever betray his mother's trust, not even if it meant his life. He just listened to her as she explained about his new sibling, his eyes showed confusion before he just seemed a bit absentminded as he took it in. "Soooo... I have to protect her too?" he asked with his eyes narrowed a little. He didnt know what to think of it, but whatever his mother wanted, he would do without question. He bit his lip as he looked down at the ground, being quiet for a little while, "She better not be a brat," he then said, flashing a smile as he was clearly joking. He wasnt exactly a saint himself unless it was anything regarding his mother.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 7:33 pm

She removed her hand from his, shaking her head because her pain meant nothing. She could only ever truly feel anything when she had her son near, and perhaps that was her biggest weakness. His muttering made her take a firm grip of his chin, looking in to his eyes. "No-one could ever lay a claim to you, he is not your father and Simeon never was - I am your mother and that is the only parent you'll ever need," she promised him, sending him one of her rare smiles. Alyssa was posessive, but not to the extend of standing in the way of her son's happiness. If he wanted a relationship with his biological father, he was allowed to, but Alyssa would not stand by and let a man claim anything when she had been the one to raise her son. Never has she asked for anyone's help, she had even given birth in solitude, only allowing Delilah and Emmy to bring her souls afterwards. She couldn't help but scoff lightly, letting go of his chin as he spoke of the unborn girl. "She will be a brat, if she is allowed to be raised with a fenix; But if she perhaps had someone in her life that could teach her that Bael is not evil, that he is a malevolent god that we owe our creation to, then maybe she could turn out to be quite interesting," she said in a thoughtful voice.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 8:15 pm

He looked at her as she grabbed his chin, shifting between her eyes as she promised that no one would ever be allowed to lay a claim on him. He nodded and couldnt help but smile back as she smiled. He liked seeing her smile even if it was rare. Smiles coming from her had meaning, it wasnt just like himself that smiled for no reason at all most of the time. The mention of a fenix made him scrunch his nose, though she had told him about Buffy, he didnt exactly seem fond of the idea of a daemon being raised by a non-daemon. It was probably Simeon's twisted view that had creeped up on him and taken a spot in his mind, but he wasnt as strict to correct it as the summoner.
"Well maybe I should befriend my half-sister then," he said with a small smirk. He looked away for a second in his thoughts before he pinched his lips shortly together. He just then shook his head and looked at the ground, "What is Simeon going to do to him?" he then asked, looking back at his mother. He seemed quite hesitant to let himself think of how he wanted to feel about his father.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 9:10 pm

Alyssa nodded approving as he said he was going to try and befriend his sibling. "You are the best son a mother could ever ask for," she said in a praising voice. However as he looked away, she could recognize his worry. She didn't quite worry about Baal to the extend that she could've, but she found comfort in the fact that her son could still display emotions. His question about what the summoner would do made her shrug. "I do not know," she said, frowning as she clearly didn't know how to express her emotions about this predicament. "But no matter what, we will make sure that the blood of Bael remains here on Gambion ... But I made a promise to keep his fenix and his child safe," she said. She had never promised to keep Baal himself safe, but she was planning on finding a solution to all of this. "The artifact looked like something I've read about before, but my memory is too hazy right now - Let us instead keep to safeguarding his child; your sister," she said in a calm voice.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 9:57 pm

He rolled his eyes with a scoff and a smile at her praise but it was clear that the compliment was well taken to heart. When he asked about what might happen, it wasnt that he had expected his mother to have a clear answer, so when she didnt give one, he just nodded. He knew the importance of their blood, which was why he had never felt odd about his parents even when he had learned in school that it wasnt right. He wasnt sure why they were going to keep the fenix safe but he wasnt going to question it since it was a promise that his mother had made.
"Artifact?" he asked with a raised eyebrow, he had been pulled before he could see what it was that Simeon had showed her. "When will she be born, if you've sensed it?" he asked, tilting his head. It was maybe a stretch to assume that Alyssa knew. He looked down at the ground and smiled a little to himself, "I'm looking forward to meeting her," he said.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 10:11 pm

"Yes, an artifact; And but the looks of it, older than even me," she said in a pondering tone. Alyssa had never disclaimed how old she truly was, but she was far older than she appeared, and she had disclosed to Amos that she was well over a thousand years old. Her son's focus changed once more, making her breathe out calmly as she looked at her son. "Within the month, maybe even sooner depending on the outcome of today," she said in a thoughtful voice. She had experienced a full term daemon pregnancy, and Amos had been an eager infant wanting to join his mother as fast as possible, only being in her belly for a mere four months. His continued display of excitement made the corners of her lips turn slightly upwards, but it wasn't really a smile. "Of course you are, my boy, but you must remember that what me and your father did is not looked well upon; Your sister might not show the same affection as you might wish from her," she said. It was more of a precaution. She didn't matter what her son did, as long as he kept himself safe, but she wondered what Baal would do if Amos were to lay any claim on his daughter. What might happen if the two half-siblings displayed anything else than friendliness towards each other. "We need to leave the temple ... Let us get to the fenix, and keep your unborn sister safe," she said, taking Amos' hand in hers, looking at it for a while. She wanted him to be happy, wanted him to find joy and someone he could belong with. It was too late for Alyssa, but she still bore hope that her son at least might get that lucky.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 10:48 pm

"I see," he mumbled, wanting to think of what that could mean but he knew nothing of artifacts. He wasnt exactly the most attentive in the teachings he had gone through at the temple - Something that had annoyed most of the priests but that was just because he didnt want to listen to them. But when it was his mother, he listened and remembered within a heartbeat - It was clear that he held her so dear. He frowned a little when she came with her calculation, nodding a few times.
"I know people are disgusted by it," he answered her precaution, chuckling to himself. "I dont have any interest in a baby anyway," he then added with a small frown rolling over his brows. He shook his head at the thought. "So dont worry about that, just yet," he made a small teethy smile.
He let her grab his hand and followed. Outside he seemed to think of something, "Does she then know about me as well? And well... you and father?" he asked, narrowing his eyes a little. He wondered if the fenix would take it nicely if or when she found out eventually. Not that he thought it was up to them to tell her.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 11:13 pm

"No, but once she is grown, you might not say the same ... It runs in our blood to be lured towards our own," she said calmly. All she wished for was for Amos to understand that he might take a liking to his sibling. "At first you might only see yourself as her protector, but if you are not careful, something else might grow inside of you; Something of which your father would never approve," she explained. As they walked out, Alyssa made sure that they weren't being followed; an easy task for her order to make sure of. His question made her exhale. "She knows nothing, and it is up to your father to disclose it; We are not meant to tell his story, even if we are involved," she explained. She knew Amos didn't always think before he spoke, but he meant well. "However if Baal does not return within the week, it might be more proper to introduce ourselves," she thought out loud. Outside an unmarked car waited for them, making her look back briefly at the temple. She knew that Baal would be alright, she could feel it in her bones, but that didn't mean she wasn't thankful for her brother understanding her choice. For her it would always be Amos first.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 11:33 pm

“We’ll see,” he argued, a smile spreading on his lips. He knew she only meant well with her words but he wasnt too worried. “Would he think the same if the tables were turned?” He asked in all curiousity. Amos had never been the kind to stick to a person other than his mother - Maybe he felt like he couldnt ever love someone enough with all the love he kept for the one that had given him life leaving behind a minor part for everyone else. He wasnt disrespectful with his lovers, he just didnt want them to believe that he could be something he wasnt.
“So if we go there, we wont tell her that he’s actually my father?” He asked but it was more a reminder to himself. He got in the car and shortlu looked at the temple before exhaling deeply. Leaning back into the seat he yawned. “What do you think it was that made him choose a fenix of all to love?” He asked, scratching the leather part right below the window.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 11:22 am

"If the tables were turned?" Alyssa said, raising a brow at him. What was he thinking of? It didn't really matter what Amos was thinking, the situation they were in was not something easy for Alyssa to accept. She wanted to keep her son safe, but the promise she had made might drive him closer to danger. Nodding at his question about not telling the fenix of his heritage she got in the car, tapping the small window that separated the driver and passengers to let him know they were ready to go. As the car started to drive she looked outside through the tinted windows. Amos was asking a lot of questions today, but that was to be expected when the boy had just met his real father. Or met was perhaps too much to say, he had seen him before being pulled away. Taking a deep breath she looked at her son. "Love works strangely, my heaven," she said in a calm voice. "Not everything is easily explained, but I think it is much the same as when the two of us are close to each other; We have a need to protect one another and take care of each other," she said in a pondering tone. Love had always been a mystery to her, that was until she had Amos. Nothing could compare to the love she had for her child, and perhaps it was because it was the last of it. He held her heart like no other man could, but it was purely a maternal love. "I don't think he choose her, I think he was pulled to her and I have to trust it is part of Bael's plan," she said.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 11:38 am

“If she liked me, it wouldnt be my fault?” He then said, thinking it sounded quite right in his mind. Baal couldnt blame him for anything if it was the daughter taking a liking to him. He didnt ponder on it for too long, it seemed like a dull thought to get caught up on, well at least for Amos.
He listened to her explain as he looked out the tinted window on the things they passed. He could understand what she meant when she used the love they shared as an example. Frowning a little to himself, it still was a hard thing to wrap his mind around. Because being a child and a mother was completely different to lovers in the way they’d didplay their affection and express how they loved the other. Amos could never have thought of loving his mother as something else than mother, because it wasnt the kind of love he felt. Feeling wrapped up on the subject, he made a few lazy nods while his eyes seemed a bit absent. He was still listening, but his mind tried to sort out the strings. “Bael’s plan.... with a fenix?” He scrunched his nose a little. “Simeon said that she’s seraphim blood. Would Bael allow a daemon to love a seraph?” He seemed genuinely interested. Shaking his head he lifted a hand to let her know he’d rather let it go before his mind would get too caught up in it. Whatever his sister may be, they would just have to accept, right?
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 12:30 pm

Perhaps it wasn't easy to describe when all she had was an example of the two of them, but she hoped he at least understood the pull. That need to protect and keep safe. She scoffed a little at Amos' words, shaking her head. She could care less for the fenix, but Bael did surely have a plan for his lineage. "There are ancient texts, older than any daemon still alive," she said, looking at him with a serious gaze. "It describes why Bael and Verity ended up in this eternal battle," she said, frowning as she wasn't sure if it was time for Amos yet to know the full story, but she needed him to understand the possibility. "In all daemons there is a clear hatred towards the seraphim, it is burned in to our souls from our creation; But hatred and love is a winding road that is rather narrow," she explained, looking out the window as she spoke. It would make it easier to explain everything. "You know that Bael and Verity are brother and sister, and once long before our time, they shared a bond - a bond that was broken and never to be healed," she said, clutching her hand a little. She sighed, shaking her head. "The bond can't be mended, it is too deep and too sore after everything that has happened, but there was still that glimmer of hope," she said, gritting her teeth. She didn't like this story, but it was something that she saw as the truth. "What if the two races that hated each other to their core, could find love in each other, like lost brothers and sisters? What if children could be born, wielding both the light and the dark?" she asked, looking at her son to see if he was catching on.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 1:57 am

Leaning his head back against the headsupport, he listened to her story, looking out the window with a thoughtful frown. He knew that the rival gods once had been peaceful brother and sister until something had driven them apart. There were so many different views, theories and opinions on the subject, that he thought bits and pieces of her story was something he had already heard. “Well if the bond cant be mended, why would Bael let daemons mix with seraphs? In all texts, it says the same; to destroy all of the seraphim,” he said, pressing his lips together as he sought his words to say something that’d sound smart. “Simeon has always......” he paused before he frowned, realizing that his stepdad might have affected him in some way after all. He closed his eyes in his frustration and drew a deep inhale before continuing, “.... said that mixing with Verity’s creation could anger Bael to show his wrath and send us all to the Abyssus,” he finished, thinking that it could make sense in a way. “Wouldnt we defy our god if we found brothers and sisters in something from Verity?” He then asked with a more serious expression. The topic wasnt completely comfortable to him, but he was brainwashed to believe somewhat the same as Simeon.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 8:10 pm

"But wouldn't you also end up destroying the seraphim if our bloods were mixed? There would be no purebloods, only mixtures and hybrids," she said calmly. She needed her son to know that there was more to destroying something than simply killing. People could be broken in different ways, and making a race extinct didn't have to involve endless slaughter. As he mentioned Simeon, she gritted her teeth, but she didn't want to show anger towards her son. It wasn't his fault that the summoner had sneaked into her son's mind. "Simeon says many things, but he is blinded by what he believes," she said, her voice bearing a bit of hatred, but she hoped her so would understand that it was because of Simeon. "If Bael didn't want us to defy him, why did he make it so we can think and feel? Why not make mindless slaves that could feel nothing and do nothing but obey?" she asked looking at her son. She saw so much hope in him. He was young, that was sure, but she could see that he was smart. He was an easy learner, and he was often the first to catch on to the smallest of details. "If Bael didn't want our blood mixed, why did he not himself strike down the hybrid that is running around? Why did he not kill Baal's fenix as soon as she conceived the child?" she asked, looking at him.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 2:15 am

“We’d also destroy ourselves,” he argued with a scrunched expression, before looking at his hand resting at the leather below the window. He tapped lightly again as he thought and listened to his mother. He knew she didnt like when Simeon crept into his mind and planted his own opinions, but even if he tried to forget, some of the words had stuck. “I dont know, mother,” he said a little defensive when he knew he couldnt answer her question. He didnt know why they were allowed to think or feel, most of the time he barely understood what he felt himself.
“Maybe they play no role in his plan?” He returned her question with what he thought of it all. He frowned a little before looking at his hand tapping against the leather impatiently, but he didnt understand why he felt this way. “Would he kill Baal if he could?” He then asked, thinking that Simeon wouldnt hesitate if he was really as blinded by his own views as Alyssa claimed him to be. For some reason the question made Amos feel restless, but it wasnt out of fear or worry. It was just from not knowing what was going to happen. Amos wasnt known to be the kind to like surprises.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 5:27 am

"Perhaps, but if they are unimportant, why is Simeon obsessed with stopping it?" she said, but it wasn't really a question she expected her son to answer. It was a question she had been pondering on for a long time, and she still wasn't sure of what the correct answer was. She noticed how her son seemed restless, in the way he was tapping and she reached over, placing a hand on top of his as she looked at his eyes. The green eyes, just like her own, but there had always been a few specs of blue in them. Like small lakes in a vast field of green. His question made her hold her breath for a while, because at this point, when Simeon was threatening even her child, she couldn't dare to imagine what lengths he was willing to go to. "If he had the chance, perhaps, but I think Baal is more valuable alive than dead," she said in a thoughtful voice. "But what Simeon does or doesn't do, does not change our path," she reminded him. Alyssa had always kept her word, and even if Baal was to die, she would make sure that his children were safe, even if one of them wasn't even her own. Removing her hand from his she leaned back in her seat, her gaze growing a bit distant as she looked at the scenery changed. "We'll be there soon; Delilah is probably outside and I ordered Emmy to stay close to the fenix," she said, biting the inside of her cheek a little. Alyssa cared for her two me-usa directly under her, not in the way that she cared for Amos, but they were the only other people, besides her son, that she considered family. "I'll need you to be on your best behavior, mostly because the fenix is mortal, and probably rather weak because of her pregnancy," she warned him. A weak person's soul was always tempting, but Amos was still rather young, so perhaps he might act on his impulses more easily.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 1:58 pm

“It might just be that he’s just a dumbass,” Amos chuckled as his youth showed with his words. He wasnt disregarding her wonder, but it wasnt something he could completely understand. Whatever goals Simeon or Bael had, he could only guess and as young as he was, the guesses werent all useful. He would have stopped his tapping after a while if his mother hadnt placed her hand over his, making him feel a little more relaxed but the unknowing was still bothering him. “But we should stop him if he’s going to do something that would anger our god, right?” He asked when she reminded him of what they had to do.
He looked back out the window, eyeing the citylife as they passed it. He nodded when she mentioned Delilah and Emmy. He had always liked the two, mostly because he knew his mother considered them family and that was all that mattered to him.
He however frowned when she warned him of the fenix being mortal and weak. Pinching his lips shortly together before placing an elbow on the leather to cup the side of his face, he thought about it. Biting the inside of his cheek he sighed, “I just have to remind myself that it’s my sister too,” he mumbled a little quiet, looking out the window. If he just told himself that killing the fenix would kill his sister too, he couldnt possibly give in to the temptation? Well, he just had to hope, that or his mother to be fast enoigh to remove him from the house if he was more trouble than good.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 9:59 am

Alyssa couldn't help but sigh, however getting mad at Amos was hard. He was young and spirited, and rather wild at times. She didn't mind that, unlike most daemon parents she treasured her son's ability to get a rise out of everyone. Strange how someone could make her heart pump blood around, when she otherwise felt that part of her so stagnant. However she had to nod at his question. Of course they were going to protect the values of their god, and not to mention their own blood.

"Reminding yourself of what is growing inside her might help you - But either way you need to let me know if it gets too much," she said in a serious demeanor. The last thing she wanted was for an altercation to appear, although she had faith in that her son could control himself. At least long enough for her or one of her empusas to drag him away. "We'll arrive shortly," she said, and with that they drove in to the Western District, turning down the road where Alyssa knew the house was. The car stopped, and the driver got out, opening the door for the two. Alyssa looked around briefly but only saw Delilah running towards them, first embracing Amos, holding him close for a while before she turned to her leader. "We were so worried," she mumbled, almost apologetic as she eyed Amos out the corner of her eyes. Alyssa simply nodded, placing a finger under Delilah's chin, inspecting her for a while. "How is the fenix?" she asked, but she only cared for the child growing inside of the mortal. "Emmy is with her, as you ordered; The fenix is having a rest in the living room,"  Delilah said, making her leader nod. Alyssa looked to her son, removing her finger from Delilah, to briefly caress his cheek. "Are you ready?" she asked almost gently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]   To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

To Kill the Usurper or Succumb to Failure [tw]
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Central District :: The Institute-
Jump to: