Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

First day in this world, already in trouble.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Aurel

Aurel

Full name : Aurielan Zeth

First day in this world, already in trouble. Empty
PostSubject: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 7:08 pm

@Dahlia <3

“Just keep your head down and your eyes to yourself.” He was instructed by Simeon. But he didnt even know where they were. His senses told him very far away from the portal he had left and that thought wasnt very comforting. He wondered if the trybrid was doing well, but he figured that she may not be dead. At least there were no news of an outraged leader of the Abyssus waging war on the world yet. “You will tell us everything you know of the Abyssus and how to roam it.” The undead said as they walked. Aurel had to scoff at the notion. “You keep quiet now but I’m sure the woman we’re meeting may change your mind.”
Back to top Go down
Lily

Lily

Full name : Liliana
Quote : A person is, among all else, a material thing, easily torn and not easily mended.

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 7:32 pm

Dahlia was not some dog that was simply summoned. No, you had to schedule a meeting if you wanted her full attention, and with the power she had, you wanted her full attention. She was laying on a divan, smoking a long cigarette that was placed in a beautifully carved jade cigarette holder. Her dress was fitting her snugly, but not skin tight and her hair was neatly put up with curls framing her face. Some of Kingston's men were around the home she resided in, and she turned, resting her chin in her hand as she heard one of the men announcing a guest arriving. A brief smile flashed upon her face as she got up to greet her guests in the parlor. While she was far from greedy, she did like being surrounded by nice things. Especially when this was her home. Kingston had gifted it to her once many years ago, and it had slowly grown, expanded and been modified many times over. Only the best, as he would put it.
Simeon and Aurel would be led in to the parlor where Dahlia was standing, pouring drinks in to lovely crystal glasses. "Simeon Aelius; My the years have not been kind to you dearie," she said with an almost warm tone to her voice, looking at the young guy he had with him. Her chocolate brown eyes inviting and curious. "Now I would like to chat, but perhaps it is best that we keep to business first and pleasures later?" she said, handing him a drink before offering one to the guy he had with him. She herself took a glass as well, placing the cigarette holder between her carefully painted lips and moved over to sit down in one of the large leather sofas.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 7:57 pm

As they arrived at the mansion, Aurel looked at it in surprise, standing still long enough to make Simeon come fetch him by the back of his neck. He was led inside and shrugged free before a servant came to fetch them. Simeon corrected his collar and told the boy to stay quiet until he was spoken to. Aurel wasnt too sure that he liked this undead Simeon. In the Abyssus they had spoken a lot about Simeon’s past life and he had to admit that he pitied the daemon and the life he had led. Seeing the daemoness, Aurel politely looked down and Simeon scoffed at her words. “A pleasure Dahlia Monet. The only advise I can offer is staying away from marriage.” He said with a bitter smile on his lips. Aurel noticed her eyes on him but rather wanted to just stay put like he had been told. Simeon gave him a solid elbow in the side that made him lift his eyes. “Pleasure to meet them.” He said almost automated, sending Simeon a frown as he rubbed his side where he had been poked. Simeon took the drink but Aurel politely declined. “The portal has been closed in Churchill thanks to one of the summoners and a hybrid.” He said as he went to sit too. “How is business nowadays?” Simeon asked, eyeing the boy that remained standing. Who had taught him manners? It seemed to be no one!
Back to top Go down
Lily

Lily

Quote : A person is, among all else, a material thing, easily torn and not easily mended.

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 8:05 pm

"Ah yes, I saw the ordeal from my window - and I might've had a spy or two keeping an eye on the situation," she smiled, feigning having being caught in a playful way as she chuckled. Her voice was very beautiful, and if you knew her like Simeon did, you would find out that her voice was one of her most proudest instruments. Sitting down she adjusted her dress a little, just making sure not to flash anyone - it wasn't that kind of visit after all. His question made her smile, inhaling from her jade cigarette holder before blowing thick smoke in to the room. "It is pretty good; Your little trick has made many seraph and clergy look away from our little family here in Paesan, so we've had room to expand," she explained with a small wave of her hand.
Her eyes went to the young fella once again, "I don't think I've introduced myself properly; My name is Dahlia Monet, but please do call me Miss Dahlia," she said, lifting her hand for him to greet. If he didn't she would take slight offense, but alas she was not about to show her claws for this indiscretion. Her eyes fell back on Simeon, "I presume you are not here merely to talk about me nor Mister Kingston; Might I be of service to you?"
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 8:24 pm

“I wish it had been a trick but sadly not. I was lucky to be able to come back, had this boy not helped me find my way.” He said as he gestured towards Aurel. She spoke to him and he eyed her a little carefully as she spoke. He was used to watching from the sideline until he made up his mind about whether to trust someone. Simeon had been a blunt guess or maybe a hope. But he wasnt too sure anymore. He grabbed her hand as she lifted it, kissing the back of it carefully before letting go. “My name is rather difficult to pronounce, but please call me Aurel instead.” He said, sending her a crooked smile. He finally took a seat in a seperate couch from the two others, looking around while they spoke. “Well you might be interested in knowing that changes are happening to the Abyssus. And while I do like the thought of a disobedient summoner stuck there for eternity, I am much more for having a more reliable daemon on that throne.” He said, looking at her with a more serious look.
Back to top Go down
Lily

Lily

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 8:34 pm

He did seem to humor her, even kissing the back of her hand, and her lips curled in a subtle smile. "Aurel," she repeated, almost tasting the name on her tongue, "very nice to meet you," she said politely, watching as he sat down away from either of them. She didn't blame him, as both daemons were pretty intimidating. Simeon spoke again. The man loved hearing his own voice, and Dahlia did not mind it one bit. Scoffing, she removed some ash from her cigarette in to an elaborately decorated ash tray on the armrest.
"I do hope you don't insinuate neither me nor Mister Kingston; We are quite contempt in this realm - Unless it is yourself you are referring to," she said with a raised eyebrow, something teasing in her eyes. Finishing her cigarette she took the time to take a sip of her drink, letting it melt on her tongue as she tried tasting the liquor notes. "Aurel, dearest, do tell me about yourself - Don't be afraid to speak out of term," she encouraged the kid, turning her body so that she was facing him more head on. The green in her dress was complimenting her otherwise pale skin.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 9:05 pm

“No, I was actually hoping for someone completely different. But we will see in due time.” He said with a nod. He took a sip of his own drink though he found drinks and other things that werent souls so unecessary to ingest. Especially more now that he had tried what death was like. Aurel looked to the daemoness as she said his name, humming as he looked ahead and thought for a bit of what to say. “I was raised in a village in the Abyssus. It’s long gone now, after the war tore everything apart. I was close to the king and queen… well in the terms that I was being taught different rituals and things that were useful for the realm.” He explained but then he drew in a deep breath. “When everything changed, my sister and I sought refuge in a library in the castle. We were there for long, just waiting. Until she didnt want to wait anymore. I havent seen her since she left. Probably never will.” He explained before he just went quiet after that.
Back to top Go down
Lily

Lily

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 9:12 pm

Aurel opened up, and Dahlia sat rather relaxed as she listened to him speak. So he was a native to the Abyssus, or so he claimed. The fact he had been close to the king and queen was interesting and definitely something that could prove useful. And then he mentioned his sister and she frowned slightly, but not more than just a fine line between her brows. "Would you like to see your sister again? If you had the chance," she asked. He seemed rather disinterested in everything around him so it made her wonder if he cared to see his sister again. She got up from her seat, moving over to sit down next to Aurel, placing a comforting hand over his. "When we lose people it is not always for good," she said gesturing to Simeon, "if he can crawl his way back from the dead, I am sure I might be able to help you find your sister if you so wish for it."
Dahlia had always had that thing about her, that thing that made men weak in their knees and women swoon at her feet. She leaned in closer to Aurel's ear, breathing closely to his skin. "I would do it as a favor, a welcome to this world so to speak," she whispered sweetly.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 1:13 am

He just wandered a bit off into the memories with his sister but was brought back as the daemoness asked him a question he hadnt gotten before. He hummed but that seemed to be all and it wasnt an answer leading to a yes or even a maybe. She had beeb gone so long, he was sure she was lost to the darkness like everything else where he came from. He noticed how Dahlia got up and went over to him but he was still staring at the same spot, feeling her hand on his after he sat down. Her words made him look at her with hope for a second but he retracted into himself again quick. The gesture towards Simeon made him look at the undead, but he wasnt sure he was convinced.
But then she leaned in and he almost felt cold sweats down his back with sweet tingles as she breathed onto his skin. He swallowed hard and her sweet whisper drew him in, how could it not? “Would you do that for me?” He asked, looking to her with a vulnerable look in his eyes but not able to look her fully in the eyes. She was too pretty, he could already feel his heart race from her being so near him.
Back to top Go down
Lily

Lily

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 8:21 am

He was a handsome young man, anyone with eyes could see that, so being near him didn't feel bad or forced. She smiled as he asked such a sweet question, seeing how vulnerable he looked just made it that more entertaining to her. His heart was starting to pick up pace also, but she usually had that effect on people. Turning her head a little to the side she looked at him, an empathetic smile on her lips as she nodded in compliance to his question. "In this world it's important to have trust in those around you," she said. Her fingers were softly caressing the back of his hand, comforting him and drawing him in. He just have to give in now and she could work wonders on him. "I have a gift, Aurel, I help people who have lost their way and when it is within my reach I solve their problems," she explained. That was putting it lightly, but alas diving deeper would take away from the moment.
That was when she had a glimpse of something. A memory Aurel had. And it made her smile. "Yes, I might even get to help you get to that girl as well," she said.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 10:07 am

He had no chance, she knew what she was doing and he wasnt even realizing. Call it a moment of weakness, that he had a moment where he just couldnt control his feelings for once. Her gentle hand on his, her soft eyes. She didnt have to explain anything as he felt there was something magical about her. He just looked at her, frowning a little as she mentioned a girl. “Uh…” he mumbled, looking down at the ground a little flustered. He hadnt mentioned anybody.
Back to top Go down
Lily

Lily

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 10:24 am

She smiled as he turned flustered, but it only made her able to access more of his mind. Of course she was rather experienced in all of this, but not knowing his race could be a blind spot for her. "Tell me about your sister," trying to encourage him, but instead of speaking they were now alone. She had removed Simeon from the room they were in, although the daemon was still there, Aurel just wouldn't be able to see him.
"She looks like you, except for the eyes," she said, her voice calm and hypnotizing. "Yours are grey, free of color and hers are a kaleidoscope of sunsets and seas," Dahlia could see shadows around them, but she didn't break the connection she had gotten to Aurel. She took note of the images his mind showed her, seeing how he saw his sister as she had looked back in the Abyssus. He cared for her a lot, that was very clear, even if it seemed that their last days together had been spent fighting and arguing.
"She left you after that; But what has gone can return to us - But I see my task might be bigger than I first saw," she said, the room around them shaping and showing two figures in front of Aurel; The first that of his sister and the other of the trybrid he had gotten to know briefly in the Abyssus. "When she took your hand, you felt your heart beat for the first time and she awoke you from your slumber," Dahlia whispered in his ear, letting him inspect the two figures. "I can get you one of them free of charge, seeing as she is in this world - but the other I might need compensation for; Call it a favor," she said.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 11:08 am

Even if it was weird that she could just peer into his mind the way she was, it didnt occur to him to ask any sort of questions towards it. He just bit into the illusion, letting his naive side get the best of him. She asked to hear of his sister and he spilled it regardless of Simeon being there or not. He did adore his sister like a brother could, watching as the memories seemingly replayed before his eyes. She looked exactly like he remebered her. And just then she appeared, alongside with the trybrid that had had gentle eyes too. The daemoness spoke and he looked from his sister to the trybrid, drawing in a deep breath. There was no question of who to choose. “I want to see Saoirse again.” He said, looking at her with a vulnerable look in his eyes. His sister was gone for all he knew but Saoirse needed him. Or maybe he needed to be needed by someone. It didnt matter. “If you get my sister back, I’ll do anything that you want.” He said quite seriously.
Back to top Go down
Lily

Lily

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 11:18 am

Oh she had him right where she wanted him. He was a great patient to work on and rather forthcoming. But again, boys would be boys, and as he said he wanted to see Saoirse again, she presumed it to be the trybrid. Nodding in agreeance she knew she would have quite the task for herself, but nothing was off limits when you had the power she had. "What would you say to her?" she asked as the figure of Saoirse came nearer, squatting down in front of Aurel, her green eyes soft and happy to see him. "She's quite beautiful, isn't she? Golden hair like a seraph yet the trickster soul of a daemon," she whispered, the figure of Saoirse reaching out to take Aurel's hand like she had in the library. It had been a brief touch, but it had been one of trust and hope.
For a moment it was as if Dahlia took a backseat as the room transformed. Saoirse and Aurel was in the library, the golden rat sitting in the windowsill. "I need your help" Saoirse said, her voice pleading and her arms stretched out towards him. "It is not wise to let a lady wait for long," Dahlia's voice whispered somewhere in his mind.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 4:32 pm

What he would say? He wasnt even sure. He wasnt exactly the type to just do things without thinking them through first. The trybrid came closer, and again his heart was racing at the notion of the faxt that two beautiful women were close to him. Dahlia’s words didnt make him look at her differently because he didnt come from a place where seraphim and daemons had any sort of allignment. They just were there when the daemons were sent for their afterlife and the hybrids navigating through it all. He looked down at his hand, feeling the memory of the touch in the library as if it happened again.
And suddenly they were, standing in the library he looked around. “I-“ he said, Dahlia’s voice making him unsure what to do. “I’ll always help you.” He said like it was a promise. He shifted between her eyes, to then look at her hand that had been holding the key. He saw the dark fargments appear like a poison, making him shake his head. “No. I said you wouldnt die, I was so sure. Why is this happening?” He asked, trying to reacj out for her but it was like she was pushed out of his reach.
Back to top Go down
Lily

Lily

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 5:54 pm

Saoirse looked at her hand, a terrified look on her face, but worse was her eyes as she looked at him. Betrayal. She had trusted him and now he had poisoned her with false hope and promises. "You left me," she said, her eyes turning black too, fading in to a dark shadow that was slowly corrupting the library around them. "I trusted you and you left me," and then she was gone.
Dahlia smiled to herself. She just couldn't help spice it up a notch. But she did get some vital information about the place that Simeon sought to conquer. Without a signal she now showed him images of Raine, his sister, falling through the same darkness as Saoirse had, along with many people from his past. She did this to let down his guard, let him in, and the more he let her in, the more people faded to darkness until he was left all alone. That was when she would appear to him again, touching his cheek. "I can bring them all back to you ... You just have to be patient," she said, she herself was surrounded by light. A symbol of hope in all of the darkness. In all matters, she was his saviour. "Meanwhile seek to help Simeon; I will need time to find them both," she said, poking his forehead to make him fall asleep.
While Aurel was passed out Dahlia relayed the vital information to Simeon before she cracked a smile. "He has a sister that fell through the cracks ... and she might be great help to you as well; she fought in the Abyssal army," she smiled at the undead daemon.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 6:52 pm

He was panicking, reaching out for the trybrid that he just couldnt seem to reach all while she was putting the blame on him. He wasnt saying that she was wrong to do that, he had left with all the vital knowledge in his head, but it didnt make it hurt less. She disappeared and he felt his jaw quiver with emotion, and then his sister appeared before him. Infected the same as Saoirse and slowly disappearing. Then more people, people he hadnt thought of in a long time came and disappeared the same. He hadnt noticed that his eyes had welled up as he was forced to watch. When he was all alone he looked around, drawing in a sharp inhale as he kept himself from crying and just then Dahlia appeared. She seemed like an angel coming to his aid when he needed it the most. He didnt know what to say except one word, but it would suffice. "Please." he begged, a stray tear making it's way down his cheek. He nodded at her order, sniffling shortly before she poked his head and then and there he was gone.

Simeon was more than impressed, almost clapping his hands as the boy laid on the sofa asleep. "You really just know how to bend and turn them, dont you?" he chuckled. It was good to hear that the sister was of use as well.
Back to top Go down
Lily

Lily

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 10:51 pm

Everything was going after her head, and she liked it like that. Not that she liked paining her patients, but she did like seeing how far she could take things without breaking them completely. Although if they broke she had the benefit of being able to rebuild them from the ground up - albeit a bit too time consuming. As Simeon silently clapped she chuckled, but she knew her worth. It was why Kingston kept her close. She was a perfect partner to have if you wished power over people.
"And you know I don't come cheap," she said, tilting her head to the side as she smiled at him. What had he planned to offer her for her services? Maybe it would be smarter to demand payment up front, but the two of them knew who would have the upper-hand in the end, and Dahlia was not one for starting a brawl in her own home. "Tell me, dear Simeon, what have you to offer me?"
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

Full name : Adamska Kalav Drozdov

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 11:32 pm

She didnt come cheap, but it wasnt like Simeon had nothing. He had so many plans that he wanted to go through with, plans that would hopefully be bountiful and give him all the power he wanted. "No, I am quite aware." he said as he folded his hands. "But I do think that a favour can best be repaid with a favour. If you ever need it returned, you know where to find me." he said, getting up on his feet as he dusted off his jacket. He looked towards Aurel. "Should I take him with me or do you wish to peer further into his mind?"
Back to top Go down
Lily

Lily

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 11:44 pm

A favor? Now they were talking. It made Dahlia smile, nodding in approval. It was always nice to have a favor or two in ones sleeve, so she would take it. Especially from a man like Simeon. He got up from his seat, but she remained next to Aurel, moving some of his dark hair from his eyes she smiled at the undead daemon's words. "I think perhaps you should leave him here with me; He might be a bit out of it once he comes to," she said, sighing to herself as she looked back at the rather handsome young face the boy had. He was definately a looker, that was for sure. "Besides, you have work to do; Finding that poor lost sister of his will be your job ... I'll worry about finding a way to get the trybrid to him," she pondered, leaning back as she looked at Simeon smiling. "I think she should be pretty easy to find, and if she has fallen through the portal, then perhaps she is still in Churchill," she shrugged, lifting Aurel's hand to wave goodbye as Simeon made his leave.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

Full name : Adamska Kalav Drozdov

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptySat Sep 04, 2021 12:16 am

He didnt care much for her being affectionate towards the boy with soft caresses, all that mattered was that he played his part when it was time to. He instead paid attention to hearing what she had to tell of what she knew. So the sister was still alive? He hummed and nodded, correcting his own collar. "I will have men look after a girl of her description." he assured her before he looked towards Aurel. "He's as naive as he looks young. That is good for us." he said, like he somewhat pitied it. He would never understand these youngsters and their fragile hearts that truly wanted to believe no one could do them harm. He thanked her for the drink before he went to make his leave if there was nothing more to discuss.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptySat Sep 04, 2021 12:21 am

His dreams were vague reminders of the memories that Dahlia had been pulling out. Only that they felt worse when it was his own mind who could dictate how they went. He woke up all of a sudden, feeling his heart in his throat though as he looked around he realized he wasnt where him and Simeon had been greeted in. This was a room, he felt the soft linen under his palms. He opened his collar and sighed deeply, laying back down with a thud. A maid eventually entered, but when she noticed that he was awake, she left to notify Dahlia.
Back to top Go down
Lily

Lily

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptySat Sep 04, 2021 12:31 am

Hearing that he had awakened at last, she smiled, getting up from her seat, taking her book with her. Knocking gently on the door before entering she saw him looking quite exhausted on the bed. She came over, sitting down beside him and touching his forehead gently. She could be rather maternal when she wanted to. "I'm sorry, sometimes the mind can be fickle," she said, sounding genuinely sad that he had ended up here. Even though she had orchestrated it, he didn't have to know that. All he had to know was that he could trust her. "Simeon has returned to Churchill ... I told him you could stay here for a while and the two of us could get to know each other better," she assured him, touching his cheek with the back of her hand. He didn't seem to have a fever, so that was good. "I rarely have visitors, at least any that stay for long," sighing she withdrew her hand, placing it in her lap before looking at the room they were in. It was quite lavish, beautifully decorated and a nice feel to it indeed. "I don't want to be too forthcoming but ... In the parlor ... I felt a connection to you," she said, looking down as if she was shy to admit it, although she knew how to play the part of someone seemingly longing for companionship.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptySat Sep 04, 2021 12:57 am

He just laid there, eventually getting his heart to calm down and his thoughts to lighten from the gloom and sadness that had shook his core. He heard a knock on the door and turned his head towards it as it opened. It was the daemoness again and he felt relieved to see her actually. He couldnt say why. Maybe it was the way she was always touching him and being so kind. "It hasnt ever been this way." he said, a little surprised to admit it.
He nodded at the notion that Simeon had left. The undead could be tiresome to be around so it was quite nice to be separated. At least he didnt have to hear about his anger towards the summoner in the Abyssus over and over. "You dont? Why not?" he asked a little curious because it sounded so unlikely. She must be having all sort of company when she was this nice. He sat up a little carefully, though she then spoke of not being forthcoming and yet her words managed to make him feel all warm and fuzzy. He frowned a little, but he was also vulnerable. "Did you?" he asked, though he was afraid that she was just mocking him.
Back to top Go down
Lily

Lily

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. EmptySat Sep 04, 2021 1:12 am

Oh he was naive and sweet. Incorrupt some might call him, and she loved playing along. He asked her why not and she shrugged. "Daemons in this world has it hard being both judged by the world and our own kind," she said a little pondering, looking down at the book in her hand.
It was a romance novel, one that she knew pretty well and the pages were a little roughed up. "And people wonder if I have ulterior motives when I talk to them ... Like they would never put trust in me, despite everything I try and do," she said in a defeated tone. One might even call it sad.
When she spoke of a connection she held her breath as he asked her and she looked down with a shy smile. Her cheeks turning lightly rosy in color. "I know it's silly, but I just had this, I don't know, rush in my stomach; like you were here because I was meant to help you in some way," she explained, looking back at him with soft eyes. "I've never felt this way about anyone ... It feels like I have a purpose," she said in a quiet whisper as if she could barely believe it herself.
"I've spent many nights alone, trying to understand why I was put in this world, trying to understand how I fit in," she said shyly chuckling before shaking her head. "I'm awfully sorry ... I shouldn't be talking this much; you must still be tired."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. Empty

Back to top Go down

First day in this world, already in trouble.
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next