Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

First day in this world, already in trouble.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Saoirse

Saoirse

Full name : Saoirse Lowenna Elior

First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 11:24 pm

As he told her the story of the young man who lost his way her mood had a hard time keeping up. At first she was furious. Sure, she could disagree with her parents, but had she ever waged war against them? She knew she had gone away with Simeon, but it had turned to this. Without Simeon's training, would she even have been able to survive here? But then she felt sad, maybe because she could imagine how it was to feel betrayed, feel like what you had worked on was broken down. That was how she had felt when Connor hadn't come to her side when she had been mauled by the beast.
"Why would he do something like that?" she whispered, although she knew that everyone eventually wanted power. It was a driving force for so many creatures, and she felt saddened to think about it all. "Did you know him?" she asked carefully.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

Full name : Aurielan Zeth

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 11:51 pm

"Who knows." he said with a slight shrug. It really didnt matter to him what motives had driven Valerian or if it was even for a specific reason. It didnt change the fact they were now missing the book and it was the young prince that had it. "Yes." he answered a little dreadful in tone, looking at Saoirse before he sighed. "It was like having a brother you could never get along with. Except this one had titles and was far more annoying than the average brother." was the best way he could put it. He ran a hand through his hair, and then he realized that neither of them had showered in ages. Not that it seemed to matter much in this unbalanced realm but now that he was aware he felt like he needed it. "Well, guess that means we have to completely change our plans." he said, nodding for her to follow as he went to the castle's well. He didnt even know if it was still functional, but he placed a hand on it just to be sure.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 12:00 am

"I guess it does," she said, feeling a bit defeated. However as he moved, she moved with him, stopping at the well with him. What was he thinking off? Then it dawned on her, feeling her blonde hair a mess and her skin a little grubby from sleeping in piles of books. "Hey, if you are thinking what I'm thinking ... I think I know a better place where we can clean up," she said, sending him a devilish smile as she showed him around the side of the castle until they reached a passageway that led them under the castle. It was dark, but she could find her way around, taking his hand as to not lose him on the way.
What they reached was a rather large pool area. "I found it one night when I couldn't sleep ... It's heated, my guess is from a natural hotspring beneath the castle, which is also why it never really feels cold in there," she pondered before she pulled her shirt off, dropping it in the water, because she might as well clean it as well. Then she removed her pants. However she didn't really dare remove more before submerging herself in the water. Dunking her head under she felt her face get cleaned before coming up to the surface again. Then she removed her underwear and bra, placing it on the ledge of the pool. "Please don't stare," she said in a tease, pushing water up on his feet before she swam away from him, enjoying the warm water surround her. She chuckled and it echoed around them making her chuckle more.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 2:03 am

It would be nice with a wash, though a proper bath didnt seem too likely. That was until she mentioned knowing a place and he looked at her to see that devilish smile. He smiled a little confused but followed her lead regardless. He didnt mind her taking his hand as they made it underground and into the darkness. They arrived not long after and his eyes were still adjusting to the dark.
She undressed but he was a little hesitant. It had been easier to handle a bucket and some wash rags, this was a pool. She got in and he started undressing, opening his shirt and taking it off to put in the water. She splashed at his feet and he chuckled. “I’ll try.” He said as he got out of his pants and then got into the water himself. He slipped out of his underwear and felt the nice warm water around him. “I’ve missed water more than I imagined.” He chuckled, dipping his head under before coming back up, pushing his hair back and looking to her. “Are you sure this is not just another realm protector intuition that lead you here? Are you not supposed to protect these waters from being tainted?” He asked but he was obviously kidding.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 7:50 am

Saoirse couldn't help but giggle ar his question, turning around to look at him. "Oh yes, what we are in now is actually a very sacred pool only meant for the truly devout," she said trying to act serious, but it was hard keeping a straight face when she was kidding. "Normally if you were to enter it without living up to the criteria you'd burst in to flame - no, no don't doubt the logic of water making you catch on fire, this is serious business," she giggled swimming in circles around him. Of course she was kidding, but it helped the two of them unwind when they were stuck at something. And right now they needed to think about anything but that book.
Sighing she laid her head back in the water, letting her ears be submerged as she heard the underwater sounds. Or rather lack thereof. "Back home I really loved going to the beach; even though I was pretty self conscious about my marks, it was like in water you could always be yourself,' she said smiling to herself as she remembered how Amos had impatiently taught her how to swim. Chuckling to herself she turned to look at him, her face relaxed as the waters heated her whole body up. "How about you, were there beaches here once as well?"
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 8:50 am

She was very fun when she played along with his jests. He wondered if she knew that, but it was shook from his head as he made a heartily laughter at the notion of catching fire in water. “Alright, I wont question your logic, mighty protector.” He chuckled, keeping afloat but turning with her as she swam around him.
When she laid back into the water he looked around, trying to make out the interior that surrounded them. This had to be some secret cave that was used all the time before. He couldnt imagine differently. “Why are you concious about them? They look beautiful. I remember the king and queen and their beautiful marks.” He said, because he didnt quite understand. At least he felt boring for having plain skin. Her question made him sigh and nod. “Very warm beaches. The water here was never cold.” He remarked, smiling a little as he thought of a memory with his family.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 9:02 am

"Well because in my word I'm the only one I've ever met that has marks like these ... Daemon summoners have black ones in different tones, but mine are silvery and looks more like scars," she argued looking at him with sad eyes. She just couldn't help it. But also she felt a little shy now because he had called her marks beautiful. "I don't think I'll ever find the true beauty in them," she pondered. Maybe she would start to tolerate them more, but she didn't think she would ever find them appealing. However she was reminded if what Amos had looked like when they were together. How he touched every part if her marked body and tried to reassure her of how beautiful she was. Those times seemed so far away.
He spoke about the beaches and her face lit up. "Maybe it can be so again, maybe when we get to the bottom of all this book stuff we might be able to really start the restoring what is beyond the castle," she said hopefully. She splashed some water in his face, giggling in a playful manner. Deep down she was still just a kid trying to have fun.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 9:51 am

He listened to her argument but it was hard to convince him. He just kept a soft smile on his lips, even if she looked sad. He didnt want her to look sad. “You should have been brought up here then. You would have been praised and adored by everyone.” He said, but just sighed and shook his head. She didnt seem comfortable with the topic so sticking to it would ruin the mood. “Dont make me burn up in this pool for my blasphemes.” He chuckled.
“If it can. It would be nice to see the world as it was before.” He said, but then she splashed water in his face. He chuckled and just splashed some back, leaning back into the water. “You are a mystery Saoirse. But I like it.” He chuckled, lazily splashing some more water in her direction. He couldnt remember the last time he had had actual fun.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 10:01 am

To think that she could've grown up here and be adored as he told her sounded so far fetched. But she was happy that they changed the subject before she would start to feel too concerned about how she looked. The teasing went back and forth and it felt good. "A mystery? How come?" she asked a little confused, mostly because she really felt like she had been quite open with him. "What is really so mysterious about me?" she rephrased, swimming around a bit, but not too far from him. She was interested in hearing his thoughts, although she couldn't help but feel a bit nervous to hear what he would say. She knew she had always been strange, but this world somehow made her feel like she belonged. Not something she could say had happened often in Gambion, unless she was with Amos.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 10:23 am

Maybe his words were a little confusing but he did mean well all in all. “Well you just seem so much like someone I used to know. And then not really.” He remarked, sighing as he was probably being silly. Missing home a little too much and what was once normalcy. “I thought I could never be happy. Never laugh again and actually have fun in company with someone that isnt just my sister or her rat.” He said, his expression turning a little more serious. He was thankful for what she had done for him without even having to try.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 10:33 am

Reminded him of someone? Did she even dare to ask? "I hope that someone was a good someone and not the village fool," she smiled, clearly jesting still but as he turned more serious she could recognize those feelings. She swam a little closer, smiling at him as she reached out and took his hand under the water. "Well you came back to help; The least I could do was help you too you know," she argued, giving his hand a soft squeeze. It felt so natural. It was really a friendship that had blossomed from trust, and how closely they had worked in the library.
"I really like having you around ... Even though I still can't properly pronounce your name," she chuckled, trying once again to say his name in the native tongue. But it was just so hard when you weren't used to speaking it. She eventually gave up with a small giggle.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 11:25 am

“Dont mock the village fool, they’re essential to keep people laughing and happy.. even if it’s at someone’s expense.” He argued. She took his hand and it just felt good. Like they were balancing each other out. “You didnt really have to do anything but you did and I appreciate it.” He said to not let her talk herself down.
“Well for someone who can speak a language you read it well instead.” He argued. The way she said his name made him look at her with a face that was truly trying not to laugh. But he wasnt doing it to make her feel insecure or bad. “You can just say Aurel. Or even Auron. It doesnt matter. Both are pretty close. Our names work different from yours.” He explained, carefully brushing the back of her hand with his thumb.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 11:42 am

"I don't know, calling you Aurel or Auron feels so weird, like if you started calling me Lowenna," she chuckled, feeling how he was touching her hand. It felt good. Looking down at their hands under the water she smiled to herself. "It's funny ... My whole life has been so confusing and nothing made sense," she confessed, "I felt like I was constantly being tossed back and forth, never really fitting in anywhere." Opening up like this wasn't something she did often. She liked having her walls up to protect herself, but he was just starting to mean a lot to her.
"That was until I got here; I finally had somewhere to fit in, something to do ... I get to be someone for myself and not try and suppress parts of myself that I've hated all my life," it was truly how she felt about this place. As much as she missed Amos and her family, this freedom was worth so much more. "I know you spoke about leaving ... Going back to find your sister and I get that, but I would lie if I didn't say I would miss you," she confessed.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 12:58 pm

“Well it’s easier for you if you do.” He reminded her. It was probably better than her trying to say his name. In all honesty his name was probably harder than most of the names in this realm. But he would be lying if he didnt admire her for being so stubborn and determined to try and say it.
Her confession peaked his interest as he wondered how and why. He didnt see her as someone that couldnt fit in anywhere. She would fit well here, he was sure of it. But he let her speak rather than budding in with what-ifs. It was her reality either way.
But it was like she spoke his mind for him and as she did it so well. He liked that she wasnt hating her time here but he also didnt want to think about her feeling like she didnt beling in her own world. She said she would miss him and he pulled up one corner of his mouth to a half smile. “Then dont lie.” He said a little softer, lifting his hand to gently touch her cheek. “I’d actually prefer if you are able to feel like you dont have to lie.” He said, shifting between her eyes. “Also I havent left yet, so there’s no need to miss me just yet.”
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 1:11 pm

He touched her cheek, and she would've before shied away, but she actually leaned in to it. His touch was just comforting, making her feel like balance was the best way to describe it. "No I know you haven't left yet, but I tend to worry ahead of time," she chuckled. She came a little closer to him, feeling attracted to that balanced feeling he gave her. Strangely it wasn't even something she thought about too much, she just felt it was so natural to wanting to be close to him. She hadn't felt like this unless you counted the bonds, but those were almost driving her mad back then. At least looking in hindsight.
"You just compliment this place ... Like I feel at home, but you being here makes it better," she confessed, chuckling as it felt so different. It was sweet and innocent even. "And you don't treat me like a child," she added with a small grin.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 1:42 pm

“That’s okay. Worry is not always a bad thing to feel.” He assured her as she came closer. It felt magnetic, a little out of his own hands if he had to believe anything. It just made sense and he didnt muster will or interest in questioning it now. He just went with it. “So your favorite furniture out of all the decorations?” He asked with a soft chuckle. His hand still rested on her cheek, his thumb gently stroking her skin. He couldnt just keep still, his body felt like it had to act in some way. “Why would I treat you like a child?” He asked, his eyes moving around her face like he was studying her features here in the dim light of the cave. His hand moved down to her neck, touching her collarbones a little carefully as he looked at his fingers a little distant minded and yet aware. “I dont see or hear or feel a child when I look at you, when I talk to you.” He said before looking at her eyes again.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 1:52 pm

"Oh yes, the best furniture," she giggled, but they both knew she didn't mean it that way. She could feel his fingers on her skin and as his fingers moved down to her collarbone her eyes fluttered a bit. It felt good. It felt right. And most importantly she trusted him. Was it bad that she wanted him to look at her? "I don't feel like a child when I talk to you," she muttered under her breath, her hand moving up to touch his hair. By the gods he was handsome, and she felt strange not noticing it before now. Or well she had, but so much else was on her mind back then. She could feel his fingers caressing her marks and for the first time she didn't mind. Like she knew he wasn't looking at them and founding them strange. He found them beautiful, because he had said so himself.
"It just feels ... Right," she whispered, holding her breath as she looked in to his eyes. Did she want to kiss him? Did he want to kiss her?
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 4:24 pm

Her mutter could almost make the hairs on the back of his neck stand up and feeling her hand touching his hair was nice. He was too consumed by looking at her, seeing how beautiful she looked here in front of him without saying it. Saying it wasnt the same as showing it either way, he at least didnt believe that. Her whisper drew his eyes back to hers, looking at her as they were now here. At the edge of the point of no return it seemed. He had felt something quite like this before but not mustered to act. He felt a lot braver now and it especially helped being in his own world where it wasnt strange and new. He leaned in to connect their lips, holding her head gently from her neck. Somehow it just made the balance within him stronger. It felt that way at least.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 4:35 pm

There wasn't really much left to say was there? But as he leaned in, she was compelled to do the same in return. Their lips connecting in a delicate and tender kiss, one that made her press herself closer to him. It felt peaceful. Like everything in this world was balanced, even though it wasn't, and she smiled against his lips kissing him again. Soon enough they were slowly making out against the side of the pool, her hands around his shoulder, pressing herself closer to him. In her vulnerability she moaned against his lips and that was when she heard movement followed by a scoff.
"You still know how to pick them, Aurielan," a familiar voice hissed from the shadows. And there he was, standing like the day he had disappeared. Saoirse broke the kiss, hiding her chest away by pressing herself closer to Aurel. Then her eyes seemed to focus in on the figure. His stature on point and his eyes piercing through the darkness. "Ah, this must be our next Shameeria," he said, cocking his head to the side as he looked at the librarian who had been caught red handed with a girl that he definitely shouldn't be with. At least not according to the old rules.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 5:13 pm

He wasnt sure when it had been that he last had felt a connection that truly mattered. Family didnt really count in his books with it’s unconditional love so it was safe to say that he had forgotten. She returned the kiss and it made his while body tingle just realize that. That she felt just how right this felt too. Her lips were soft and sweet and he couldnt help but want more of them. Her moan made him smile a little, about to tell her that it was fine but then he heard the movement too. He pulled Saoirse in as she pressed herself closer, wrapping his arms around her to cover her body. “Valerian.” He hissed, looking to the prince with angry eyes. He glanced shortly in the same direction as him but ultimately decided not to get too riled up about it. “You possibly cant just be here to chit chat. Where is the book? We know you have it.” He said, demanding in tone even if he was standing naked in a pool with Saoirse in his arms. He wasnt afraid of being exposed in any sort of way.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 5:31 pm

She had felt so safe a moment ago, not that she was scared, but just being with Aurel like this was new and different. Now it felt like it was ruined, only she felt happy as he wrapped his arms closer around her. As he disclosed the strangers name her eyes widened, looking from one man to the other.
"What book?" he asked nonchalantly, walking around the pool observing the couple in the water. The girl was beautiful, he had to hand it to Aurel for actually getting someone like that. Even more so, she was marked with wonderful swirls. "Oh," he chuckled, stopping as he turned to look at Aurel, "I think I must've lost it somewhere ... The same as the throne that you had not right to pass on to an outsider," he spat.
Saoirse watched the two men discourse, but she couldn't keep her mouth shut much longer. "I'm Saoirse-" - "I know who you are, Shameeria, and you would do better than fool around with an apprentice," Valerian interrupted, making Saoirse frown. "I told you already, my name is Saoirse, not Sha-whatever it is you're saying," this sentence seemed to amuse Valerian, clicking his tongue as he shook his head. "How is she supposed to guard this realm if you are one fooling around with her, and two not teaching her the proper terms?" he asked Aurel with a shake of his head. "If old Haarenshrill saw you, he would surely be disappointed," he shook his head.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 4:47 pm

“Oh yes tell me about the throne.” He said with a roll of his eyes. “You didnt have at least forever to claim it if that was what you wanted.” He said quite sarcastically. Saoirse spoke but Valerian didnt want to seem to hear it. His question made the young boy frown. “Dont bring him or anyone up in this conversation. They’re all dead. It doesnt matter how they’d feel.” He said as he grabbed Saoirse’s shirt and handed it to her. He would still guard her from the prince’s sight if she didnt want him to see. “Do you enjoy being utterly annoying to be around? Is that just your go-to greeting as the world’s most and now only annoying cousin?” He asked, mostly because he believed it to be true. The two of them never got along, even if their parents were great friends.
“How long have you been hiding around the castle? Do you even care that my sister is gone?” He asked, getting his own clothes and getting into them.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 5:06 pm

"You know better than anyone that I never wanted that throne," he barked back, his eyes betraying him as he looked at Aurel. It had been so many years since he had seen him last, and he had hoped that they could do it without the guardian here too. He wasn't a fan of that title going to an outsider just as he despised the title of ruler passed on like that.
Saoirse grabbed her shirt as she was handed it, pulling it over her head as she swam over to grab her skirt as well. It was better than nothing, she thought, happy that Aurel was actually shielding her. She heard the stranger scoff at Aurel's questions, and her green eyes turned to look at the two men arguing back and forth. "Your sister suffered a great deal after the war; She was never the same without Deera," Valerian reminded him, or had Aurel forgotten how his sister had been an empty shell when her wyvern was slaughtered in front of her eyes? "But she did come to see me before she disappeared ... She told me all about your pity fight, how she wanted to venture outside the castle to see if anyone might've survived," he said, shaking his head. "She's been gone for many years now, but don't assume that I never care for her, or you for that matter," Saoirse found that the prince spoke very refined. His accent was a bit stronger than Aurel's, but she couldn't really pinpoint what made it so different.
"Listen, I don't know what went down between you two, but this bickering has to end; Please, Valerian, where is the book?" Saoirse asked carefully but also in rather asserting way. She was done being dismissed by this so-called prince, and Aurel and her both knew that the book was needed. Valerian's eyes were on the hybrid, narrowing his eyes as he reached his hand out to her to help her out of the pool. She took it reluctantly, and now stood dripping in front of him. "I'm afraid I gave it to Astrainea before she disappeared," he said rather seriously. He gave a short glare to Aurel before looking back at the hybrid. "But I did make a transcription of the original, just in case," tossing a black key to Aurel if he was still in the water. "You know what room you can find it in," he said coldly.
Back to top Go down
Aurel

Aurel

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2021 11:57 pm

It was quite the bickering and it was probably mostly from the fact that it had been forever since they last saw each other. “You have an odd way of showing your affection.” He just scoffed, then looking to Saoirse as she directed the conversation to what really mattered. He got out of the pool as Valerian helped the hybrid, but his impatience was slowly ticking in. Not that Aurel really ever was impatient, but it was just something about the prince that could crawl under his skin.
“You what?” He however couldnt hold back as Valerian admitted to having given the book to Aurel’s sister. Because that meant that the book could be anywhere really. But then a transcription was mentioned and Aurel caught the black key that was thrown to him. “No, you’re coming with me to that room. I’m not having this handover and departure.” He said quite sternly, not really taking no for an answer, even if he was talking to a prince.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

Full name : Christopher "Kit" Ellis

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 9:39 am

Valerian was no fool, he had tried to help where he could, but the way Aurel treated him right now he didn't know if he would ever be forgiven for his past mistakes. Not that it mattered. He knew what people had called him, he knew how they had defaced images of him and ridiculed his name.
Watching as Aurel got out of the pool he scoffed at the notion of him coming with his cousin. There was no doubt that he would, but he found it silly. "Afraid I'll disappear? Or scared that I'd be scheming to hurt you?" He had to ask. The hybrid didn't seem to move as Valerian passed her and led the way.

Valerian had stopped, waiting for Aurel to catch up as he grabbed a torch from the wall. He was silently taking him deeper in to the pathways beneath the castle until they reached a rather sacred area. He could feel his eyes sting, but he told himself it was just the torch smoke and not the feeling in his chest.
They reached a gate, Valerian asked for the key and unlocked it before going through, holding the gate for his cousin. "You know where we are heading, don't you?" He asked, his voice felt strange, as if he was trying to numb himself up for what met them. A long line of statues on each side appeared. Valerian passed along them, not looking at the carvings of his ancestors. That was until he reached a statue at the far end. It was much lighter in color than the rest, suggesting it was newer. Although it had clearly aged.
Placing the torch at a holder by the statue he looked up at his former wife. In her arms she was swaddling a baby. "Hello dear," he whispered, reaching up to touch her face. A tear escaped from his wounded eye, the small ball of water fighting with the bumpy skin on his cheek. He then touched the baby's hand carefully before he gestured for Aurel to go around the back of the statue. There he would find a small chest where the key would also fit in to. Unlocking it inside his cousin would find jewelry and a beautiful baby toy in silver, but wrapped in delicate linen were the book that he had been searching for.
"Tell me Aurel, do you still despise me for what happened to her?" He asked, meaning his wife of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First day in this world, already in trouble.   First day in this world, already in trouble. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

First day in this world, already in trouble.
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next