Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Eden

Eden

Full name : Eden Gabriel Altieri
Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal Empty
PostSubject: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 10:48 am

@Romeo <3

It had been some time since the death of Laure and the whole recovery process that followed. Eden hadnt been sure how to excuse his absence but had eventually had his sister’s death announced. Which he came to regret when he suddenly realized that all kinds of family members, friends and whatnot from different countries showed up to pay their respects. Frankly it had been better to just keep her death a secret till he felt more equipped to handle all that showed up.

(Using Lucius as a NPC)

But Eden wasnt the only one having a difficult time. Romeo might have been able to excuse the first day as something business related but Lucius wasnt dumb. He knew something was up. And what better way than to go directly to the source? “Romeo.” He said calmly as he entered the study.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

Full name : Romeo Altieri
Quote : I don’t want a life without you. If we die, we’ll die together.

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 10:57 am

Romeo had been a mess after he had left Eden's mansion. He hadn't been able to sleep properly, constantly seeing the vampyress in his dreams. Her cold eyes, her nails piercing and her fangs sharp in his flesh. As a result of that and the fact that he hadn't taken time to properly heal, he wasn't doing great. And people were starting to notice. Today he had gotten dressed, aching as he tried his best to cover up the remaining bruises.
That was when his uncle had approached him. He was sorting through some school papers and feeling like he couldn't focus. Eden wouldn't reply. It made him worry more than he was willing to admit. "Sir," he greeted his uncle, getting up from his seat. He hadn't told what Kurtis and him had been up to, because it was hard without having to talk about Eden. So instead he had said nothing, which might come back to bite him in the ass. "I'm sorry, I'm still trying to sort through my paperwork," he chuckled softly.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 11:04 am

“I can see that.” Lucius said rather calmly, picking up a rogue paper off the table to look at. “You’re not working at your usual speed.” He remarked as he placed down the paper again, looking at Romeo with eyes that were clearly trying to figure out what was going on. “Have you gotten in trouble with Eden Parish? Or is there anything you can say that will explain how you suddenly seem to have changed?” He asked, sounding rather firm. But it was also clear that he worried. Romeo had always been so perfect, so what could be challenging him enough to work slower than usual?
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 11:14 am

Of course his uncle noticed how he had been slacking. He sighed, looking down as he hated being such as failure to his standards. But the question about Eden made him shake his head no, "Mr. Parish has been too busy to even meet with me; a death in the family," he said hoping it would explain enough. He looked at his papers, going back to sorting them out, still talking to his uncle while he worked. "I guess I've been rather homesick," he said in a ponder as if it wasn't something he really had thought much about. "My mother keeps me informed about the family back home, and I guess I had hoped my welcome to Churchill had been better," he said, meaning Alexis and Kurtis' hostility towards him.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 11:24 am

“Well, let me know if he is causing you any trouble. He’s a vampyre after all, so even if he has given us good business, doesnt mean we can just trust him blindly.” He reminded him. He watched as Romeo sorted out the papers, humming at the ponder. “Alexis and Kurtis will be dealt with soon enough. I have given Kurtis too much freedom and now he thinks he’s able to just hide anything. I guess teenagers cant be helped.” He chuckled, looking over at the window before he continued. “They always think that secrets can somehow never come out. But truth be told, no secret stays a secret forever.” He said more seriously before he looked to Romeo. “No dont you worry about your cousin. Or we’ll see if you’ll even be able to call him that in a few weeks.” He said before he moved a little closer, placing a hand on Romeo’s shoulder. “Even if you arent performing as usual, I am still proud of you. You’re a good young man.” He said, giving his shoulder a squeeze before he made his leave.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 11:44 am

Romeo nodded, "I have never shied away from telling you if I need a hand," he said, but he was clearly appreciative of it. The notion about teenagers hiding did make him feel a little weird. He had never been one to keep secrets, not even from his uncle, and now he was avoiding the truth.
His uncle continued, talking about Kurtis in a way that made him curious, but alas he wouldn't dare dig too much in to. Not when his uncle promised him that Romeo would know soon enough. He looked at him as he drew nearer, feeling the hand on his shoulder and he couldn't help but smile at the praise he received, even though he didn't feel like he really deserved it. "I'll be back to normal soon enough, working even harder to make up for my slack," he said, a promise he intended to keep. He couldn't be expected to be less than perfect. No, that wasn't an option. Especially as Eden refused to reply to him, he needed to focus on his work once more. It was his future, though deep down he hoped that the vampyre would end up in that future as well. No matter how it was.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 12:14 pm

The promise made Lucius chuckle but he nodded to show that he was taking it seriously too. “I’ve never doubted you.” He assured him. He left him at that note, but not before telling them that they had to go to the firm that Eden worked at, after all they had gotten the handsome compensation for their troubles so he wanted to go back and reestablish the connection. Though there also was an event this night that he suggested to the young lycan. It wasnt something he had to attend but it was more because Lucius was getting too old for all the more discreet things that business men got together.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 12:27 pm

Romeo smiled, he liked having the ability to bring a smile on his uncle's face. It made him very proud. The mention of a visit back to Eden's firm and a subsequent event didn't make him feel good in his stomach, but he didn't show it. "Of course, sir," he said, continuing with his work.

By the time they had to go visit the firm he had gotten most of the paperwork sorted and gotten dressed. He got in to the car, traveling with his uncle.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 12:34 pm

They were greeted by a young presentable man that brought them inside, politely offering them something to drink if they felt like it. Lucius thanked him but didnt really need anything but a small cup of coffee. The guide led them to a meeting room filled with different analysts and whatnot. Eden wasnt there but there was an empty spot that didnt seem to be filled. During the meeting they were told of some well produced data, Lucius looking the papers through and letting Romeo read as well. “Everything alright young Trevino?” A man across the table asked, eyeing the lycan.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 6:08 pm

Romeo didn't ask for anything but a bottle of water. Getting in to the meeting room there was part of him that had hoped to see Eden. Just seeing him and knowing that he was at least alive. But then again seeing him might've made it worse. He looked though the papers with a careful eye, not really noticing anything out of the usual. The man across from him asked him a question and he hummed softly, closing the papers, smiling politely. "Not at first sight, but I do like to read it through a couple of times," he said politely with a small chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 6:19 pm

The man just hummed at Romeo’s answer with a nod. “Do ask away if you would like something to be explained.” He urged him. Lucius thanked him with a smile and the meeting went on until the break. An assistant was placing new coffee jugs and replacing the milk with some cold milk. A lady pulled at her shirt and she looked to her. “Wasnt it settled that Eden Parish would participate in the analysis and this meeting?” The lady asked in a loweree voice to which the assistant discreetly replied. “Mr. Parish has personally declined to participate at all. I’m going to guess that it is something with the recent death in his family.” She explained but the lady didnt seem to buy it. “He could do all this in his sleep, so there is no reason for him to say no.” She mumbled, looking around to notice someone looked at her. She got up and excused herself before she went, bringing the papers along with her.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 6:42 pm

As the meeting took a break he got up to go out and have a cigarette. But as he patted down his pockets, he couldn't help but overhear the ladies talking to one another. He shouldn't have been listening in, but he did and as he passed she caught him looking at them, playing it off with a charming smile. He felt his stomach churn, heading outside and down to the smoking area where he popped one between his lips. Lighting it he inhaled, finally feeling the nicotine enter his body, making him less tense already. He just couldn't wrap his head around all of this. Eden not answering his calls, him not showing up at meetings. Something was wrong, wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 6:52 pm

“Mr. Trevino-Altera.” A lady said as she stood not far with a cigarette in her hand, she tilted her head like she needed a better look of him. “Heavens, it is you.” She said as a bright smile spread on her plump lips. Her hair was dark and beautifully braided and bound to a bun that wouldnt get in her way. “You probably dont remember me, you were just a small boy when we met.” She chuckled before she bit a bit into her long nail. “I used to work rather closely with your uncle, though I wanted a different approach eventually that led me here.” She then said to explain the connection. She scoffed and looked him up and down. “It is odd to see you all grown up, my apologies for staring so much.” She said before she looked out on the view smoking her cigarette. She was a vampyre too, with dark skin nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 1:01 am

When he got out he barely got to think as one of the ladies from within the meeting said his name. He looked a little confused, even as she mention knowing him as a small kid it didn't really jog any memories. Perhaps because he wasn't that good at remembering his childhood. "I am terribly sorry, but I dont seem to recall your name," he chuckled in a friendly manner. Anyone who knew his uncle was to be weary of until they stated their alignment. "But my guess is you haven't changed a day since then," he said, inhaling from his cigarette and just looking out at the trees that had been planted near the building in some effort to make it more appealing.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 1:19 am

“Oh, dont apologize, it’s ill mannered of me not to have told you already.” She chuckled, before explaining how she knew Lucius in Italy and partly Romeo’s mother as well, who she still kept in contact with from time to time. She lifted out her hand to greet him properly. “Kareema Acton, from the Acton family. I used to live in Italy, where I got to see you and your family.” She said before she drew in a deep breath looking up at the sky. The sun was covered but she could feel the daylight affect her. “I hate the weather here. Always grey and dull, especially in these months.” She said as she smoked the last bit of her cigarette. “I wont be there for the next half of the meeting but it was nice seeing you.”
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 11:12 am

Romeo chuckled along side her, being polite as always, though he did wonder what had led to this woman not sticking with her uncle. Besides the fact that she was a vampyre of course. Seeing how his uncle had barely greeted this woman, there was of course other more worrisome ideas in his head. "Acton. Well it is nice to formally meet you, miss Acton - or is it Mrs.?" He just wanted to be sure he didn't address her wrongly.
She mentioned the weather and he couldn't help but chuckle, "a vampyre adoring sunlight is new," he said with a smile, though he wasn't mocking her. "How come you won't join us in the next half?"
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 11:35 am

“Miss. But you can just call me Kareema since I’ve seen how adorable you were when you were just a kid.” She chuckled but also sort of meant it. His comment about her weather preference made her shrug. “There is no reason for me to hunt during the day in this time of age, so I dont mind getting a little tired for a beautiful sky.” She explained, looking shortly around the thick clouds before looking back at Romeo. “I am not actually with this firm. I am more a type of external quality manager. Since the Trevino company has been treated so unfairly, I am here to make sure the numbers are right and that you’re told the right things. But I see no issues in the numbers nor the rest of the meeting’s topics, so I’ve put my trust into nothing changing.” She explained before she sighed and looked back at the building. “I also have a few other things to check about this firm before I can just leave.” She said, turning to lean a bit against the railing as she looked at Romeo. “What do you think of them? This firm?”
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 3:57 pm

She kept referring to how he had been as as kid, and it was honestly ticking him off. But he kept it casual, kept it polite, and yet he felt the anger grow in him. Perhaps it was that and the frustration that Eden wasn't fucking there! He let his frustrations go as she told him about the weather ordeal. That was a fair enough explanation, though he was more curious about her role in all of this. She explained herself and he hummed. It did make sense that a third party was necessary, not just because it was a good idea, but because trusting someone who had already betrayed you could be too dangerous.
The conversation turned more interesting as she spoke about having to check up on the company itself. What was she doing? Investigating something? The question made him hum, blowing out some smoke as he seemed to think it through. "Well for now I'm still debating," he said, being more serious in his words, "while the mistake in the number last time around was pretty extensive, I feel the problem might've been in the fact they trusted a senior too much to not look through his paperwork." Romeo took these kinds of things very serious, and it was clear in how he moved. "But then again, the person in charge has been dealt with, and we have been given compensation," it was a tough one to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 4:44 pm

She hummed at his answer and smiled, like she was genuinely curious to hear what was on his mind. She nodded as he mentioned the trust in the senior, though it was also clear that she was studying his expression while she listened. “If you got to decide, would you keep your business here or take it elsewhere?” She asked like it was just some light question. But in reality it was clear thar she was seeking some sort of information. Though before he could answer she checked her wristwatch and sighed, to then make a gesture to leave it. “I shouldnt pester you any longer.” She said, getting up from the railing before she went towards the inside. “Oh Mr. Parish. Just the man I was looking for. I’ll wait in your office.” She said happily before she disappeared inside. Eden watched her leave before he looked ahead to see Romeo. Rather calmly he walked up to him, placing a cigarette between his lips before lighting it. “Mr. Trevino-Altera.” He said, keeping the formalities in order.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 6:02 pm

Even if she had insisted on an answer he wouldn't have given one. Romeo was perhaps weird like that, but he trusted his uncles decisions. He watched as she seemed preoccupied with her wrist for a moment before greeting the man behind him. He felt strange. His heart pumping faster and yet on the outside he remained calm. Miss Acton left and he was now standing so close to Eden. He felt bitter. Bitter and perhaps angry even. Besides he was about to throw up about the formalities. He felt betrayed in a way. He had risked so much and yet Eden was so calm. "Mr. Parish," he replied in a neutral yet polite tone. Feeling beside himself he snuffed out his cigarette even though he wasn't finished with it yet. "I have a meeting to attend, but have a nice day," he smiled politely, but he was steaming with anger. And the worst part was that he knew that Eden could see right through him. He knew the vampyre a little too well, and he was starting to feel ... Used. Had he only been a plot to help kill off his sister? Did he even matter? He just headed for the inside, not caring anymore, just needing to focus on work.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 6:08 pm

It was quite easy for him to see that things werent well between them, but what could he do here? They had agreed on staying formal in public so it wasnt like Eden could lay his arms around the lycan and hold him close without someone noticing. He just looked at Romeo, remaining calm with ease. The cigarette was snuffed out and Eden hummed at his words. “Thank you.” He replied, turning around as the lycan headed for inside. “You look well.” He said in a more tone fitting to his tone than the polite one he was forced to have. He drew in a deep drag and turned back around to look out on the view, sighing out the smoke as he lifted a hand to rest his head in for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 6:17 pm

He wanted to just leave it at that. Leave and just not turn around, not another word, and yet as he heard Eden's polite tone he grabbed hard around the door handle. He looked well? Was that all? Not even an attempt at some sort of apology, or maybe something discreet? No, clearly not. He just hummed, holding back his outburst. Why was he so angry? He was usually so calm, collected and cool. And now he felt more like his cousin than ever! No. He couldn't think like that. He had a lot to do, a lot to work on.
Trying to think of a smart comeback he just left it at that, leaving Eden outside as he went to join the meeting once again. Besides the vampyre clearly had more important business. And so he sat there by his uncle's side, attending the meeting like the perfect boy wonder he was.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptySun Oct 31, 2021 2:46 am

It wasnt like he wanted to just do nothing. But there was also so many things that he had to keep in check with, to sort out and keep in order. Maybe he had neglected the lycan and their relationship but it wasnt like Laure’s death being announced hadnt promised disorder. He heard him leave and just stood while he finished his cigarette.

When it was time for the event, the location was clear. It was set to be held in The Tomb which was rather vampyre dominated but this was held in some sort of backroom, keeping it discreet yet safe for the non-vampyres. Kareema was already there, sipping on a blood drink mixed with some kind of alcohol.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptySun Oct 31, 2021 10:07 am

The Thomb. Of course. He hadn't expected less. And yet he had hoped for so much more. Maybe because he felt like this was where every vampyre took it's prey at some point. The club was discreet, professional and above all else it was mainly vampyres who worked here. Though as you walked through the doors, the heat of everything hit you. Keeping the blood warm, so to speak, at least that was Romeo's first thought. He had dressed quite nicely regardless, a nice orange turtleneck with a golden chain, the patterns on the fabric intermingling in to q delicate design that seemed to shift with the light. Over it he bore a light blazer and for his trousers it was a pair of chinos matching the color of the blazer. His fingers had a few rings, one of which was rather new. His uncle had apparently written to his mother, asking to send a specific family jewel belonging to his grandfather. It was a gold ring, the head of it a wolf molded and carved in to the front, the eyes fillet with shining garnets. The same color as Romeo's lycan form. He had felt quite overwhelmed when he had been presented with it, but he had no chance to refuse before his mother- over the phone - had instructed his uncle to test it on him, seeing if it fit. And it did. His mother had been pleased, calling him a true Trevino, and he felt quite proud in that moment.
But now he was here. Surrounded by vampyres and businessmen - though what was really the big difference? Both were hungry for money and power in the end. Romeo was handed a drink, nodding at the waiter before he decided to walk around. He greeted a few, sticking up conversations pretty easily. Okay, maybe he was getting back to his normal self. He barely had any bruises, besides those on her ribs. They seemed stubborn, but he guessed it was how it was going to be.
It didn't take long before he spotted Kareema, smiling as he approached her standing by herself. "Miss Acton, hello," he greeted her politely. Even if she had insisted on calling her by first name, it felt a little weird to do so at such a public event. "I can't say I'm surprised to see you, but I have to wonder if you are meaning to use tonight to network," he asked, chuckling softly in his charming ways. He felt good, and yet he hadn't even taken a sip of his drink yet.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal EmptySun Oct 31, 2021 10:38 am

Though it was The Tomb, it was also quite clear that the mix of races changed the atmosphere that had been out in the open part of the club. Vampyres had been feasting in that, while it seemed that the business men that attended who didnt drink blood on a daily basis, was just enjoying the people who walked around to serve and entertain. Kareema turned her head as she heard the lycan’s voice, smiling softly at him, “Good evening Mr. Trevino-Altera. You look quite nice this evening.” She complimented him, before taking a sip of her drink. His question however made her chuckle lightheartedly. Though it could seem to be the reason she was here. “Actually, it was quite insisted upon that I showed up tonight. Mr. Parish was so charming, how could I refuse?” She said, sighing before she took a sip of her drink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal   The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal Empty

Back to top Go down

The Aftermath of Love and Betrayal
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next