Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Another day another trouble

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre
Quote : The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes.

Another day another trouble - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 2:00 am

She just hid her face as he embraced her, she couldn't make herself let go of him. As he spoke about being sorry she pulled her face away from his chest, shaking her head as she frowned. Reaching up she cupped his face, pulling him down to her lips to kiss him in the tender way she had done right before their first time together. Her heart was breaking, because she could feel the numbness in him, making her cry as she kissed him again. "No one can ever love me like you do," she said, knowing it was the truth. Buffy was not the type to take her own life, far from it, but she also knew that without him she wouldn't be able to feel happy again. "This isn't goodbye," she said, her voice hoarse, but she meant every word. "You have my heart," she said in a pleading voice. "Always; Baal I love you, and you made another promise to me," she said. There were quite a few promises he had made, but one was for sure, and that was he had said he was going to marry her one day. And perhaps that one day was further off in the future than she had hoped.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 2:16 am

He felt her kiss and he returned it though it was like the warm and fuzzy feeling that her lips had once given him now was scarce on giving and he felt himself get colder. He didnt want to feel this way about her lips, or her at all. But what could he do? He was trapped here and lying to her, telling her that he could see some bright in all this darkness, he just couldnt. He felt his lip quiver as he listened to her speak. He sniffled as he looked at her with sad eyes as she said that it wasnt goodbye. Did they even have a choice? He clenched his jaw wanting to tell all the daemons to go to the abyssus where they all belonged, fight for his right to be by her side. But what use would it have when he was just him? "I will never love anyone like I love you. Never," he whispered as he pressed his forehead to hers, closing his eyes. "I cant be with you, but I wont break the promise I made to you," he said in a more determined tone, opening his eyes to look into hers, knowing he was contradicting himself but he wasnt going to let anyone but her know what he had promised. He looked down again, clenching his jaw to supress a whimper. He couldnt even cry anymore, that was how heavily this was affecting him. The door opened and the silent one stepped in, looking at Buffy before he looked at Baal, "Time's up," he finally said, his voice quiet yet cold.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 2:22 am

He kept saying he would keep his promise, and she knew she had to trust him. If he had a plan, then it would be stupid to spoil it here, but then again she couldn't be sure. It was all of this uncertainty that made her scared. "I believe you," she whispered, hugging him close. She heard the door opening, her body starting to shake. "Nononono," she whimpered, clinging on to Baal. They would have to force her off of him, it wouldn't matter. She wouldn't let go willingly. She knew they would grab on to her, her shoulders tense as she awaited their hands, and if they did she would feel herself being pried away from the daemon she loved. Her cheeks filled with tears as she let out a small scream as she couldn't accept this. "Please, please, no, Baal!" she yelled as she was getting hauled away.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 2:38 am

He wasnt happy about letting her go either, but he was afraid what would happen if he didnt act as submissive as they wanted him to. They had nothing to lose, to them he was replaceable, but he had everything to lose - Her. He ran his hand down her back in one last stroke as they started pulling at her, he gritted his teeth as he unwillingly started to let go. However her scream seemed to make him shift his mind, grabbing a hold of one of the daemons to get him off of her. But it was like they had seen this scenario happen over and over, because one of them just let go of her to grab him and shove him down on the ground. He made a groan as he felt the hardwood floor against his back, but the daemon standing above him seemed dissatisfied with just shoving him and the last thing Buffy would be able to see was the daemon readying his leg to kick her daemon.

She was led to an office where the leader stood by the chair. The silent one walked beside her as she was pulled by the remaining others. In the office she was placed on the chair in front of the desk with the kit opened on it. The silent one just took a seat by the table, looking at the kit before he grabbed it and went to a sort of machine that seemed to have been designed to process the tests without having to run it through a hospital first. He just placed the two samples in the machine and pressed a button before he returned to his seat in front of her. Unlike the others, he wasnt exactly as pretty or appealing, but that was just because he looked rather fragile. He was thinner than Baal, far thinner unlike the one that had seemed to be the leader, who was strong and bulky compared to him being a part of the weaker daemons. "You said something about a compromise," the silent one said. He frowned a little, pinching his lips shortly. "Sorry, where are my manners. My name is Simeon. I'm a different kind of daemon, well... Much like Baal, I control things. Or well...." he looked from the leader to the female, "Summoners," he clarified, looking back at her, his expression seeming rather numb of emotion.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 2:51 am

Buffy screamed as she was pulled out of the room, clawing at those holding on to her, but it was no used. Instead she started sobbing, covering her face as her tears fell down her cheeks. She was still sniffling as she was being pulled in to the room, placed in the chair the flames in her eyes were weak. Her heart barely audible for those with heightened hearing present in the room. She looked on as the silent one ran the test, and she didn't know why but part of her wished it would show positive. Then she would maybe have a chance. A slim chance. However in her heart she knew it was going to be negative. She had had no signs of pregnancy, not even missed a day on her birth-control. As the slender man spoke, she looked at him. She felt defeated, but something inside her was still fighting. Buffy knew she was meant to be with Baal, knew that whatever the world said, they belonged together. However seeing him fight to get her back, seeing how he was tackled to the ground had broken part of her spirit. At the thin daemon spoke she looked at him, nodding at his words. She was rather surprised to see the daemon actually introduce himself, frowning as it felt like a trick to make her trust him. How could she trust any of them, knowing full well that Baal was getting beat up in the other room. Just thinking about it made her shiver. "Get to the point," she was not going to be led on by false hope. "If you want my soul, take it; if it's because you want to kill me, just do it ... As long as it means Baal won't be harmed because of me," she said in a hoarse voice.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 3:00 am

Simeon turned his eyes to the machine, before he looked back at her. Whenever the test was over, the machine would make a beeping noise but for now it was making those weird machine noises of processing. He frowned a little as she told him to get to the point, looking rather sympathetic compared to the rest. He placed his hand on the table, grabbing a paper before he seemed to read a few lines. "You're from the Elior family, but you are not a seraph, you are a fenix," he said as he didnt move his eyes from the paper. He was quiet for a bit, his eyes stopping their trace before he looked up at her, "I couldnt see why you wouldnt be a fitting candidate for being the one he would be assigned to be with," he just said in a casual tone before he laid the paper flat, leaning a little closer as he looked at her with his eyes narrowed, "It's only a matter of why. Why would you be better than, let's say a random female with far better genes? Someone closer to the daemon race, someone that would benefit us with enhancing the genes?" he said, tilting his head as he hoped she could understand what he meant.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 12:57 pm

Why indeed was the question of the hour. If Simeon could see her as a potential choice for Baal, why go through all of this? To show what power he had? She looked straight at him, her mother had always taught her to be tough and her aunt had shown her how to not display fear, even with tears running down her face. "I'm not just from the Elior family," she said, looking at the piece of paper, but she couldn't read what was on it. Her eyes moved back to Simeon, taking a small breath as she calmed herself. "My mother was Verona Elior, I think you might've heard of her," she said in a more confident voice. Her mother and her aunt had been known as the valkyries of death during the seraph and daemon wars. "I might be a fenix, but rest assured that those powerful valkyrie genes resides within me," she said in a firm voice. She was proud of her heritage, and she was not going to let them think that she would act as a traitor to her family. She looked at the machine, still making noises, before turning her gaze to the two behind Simeon. "I might not look it, but I'm tough, maybe not in a brute way, but I am quite clever," she said. She felt like she was pleading her case, but she was actually trying to show how she could act. "I am not willing to betray my family, if that is what you are suggesting; however I believe we could set up a truce," she said. She looked back to Simeon, knowing that the daemon race loved control in every kind of way. "My genes are strong, but I know you might prefer a daemon race instead; however consider something different," she said, placing a hand on the table. "Consider what a hybrid between a valkyrie and a summoner might mean; consider the power it would wield, how it would have strengths from both races - I think that is why Bael and Verity is trying to keep you apart," she said in a thoughtful manner, tapping her fingers against the table. "I think mixing the two of the strongest warriors would create a being closer to godhood than we've ever seen," she said. She knew the vampyre race mostly looked like their creator, but a valkyrie and a summoner hybrid would be almost unstoppable.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 2:05 pm

She seemed to grasp his attention with ease as she started speaking about her family. He folded his hands on the table as he just quietly let her talk, not really showing whether he was liking or hating what she was telling him, but he was listening. When she had finished talking he unfolded his hands and leaned back as he looked away for a moment while he was thinking it through. He made a few frowns in his thought process but eventually he looked back at her, "You do realize that you wouldnt be allowed to raise this child, right?" he just wanted to clarify. "And the thing you are suggesting is something that could make the gods turn to us with rage - A cross between a valkyrie and a summoner." he just spoke calmly but his words were serious. He corrected his posture before he made a small sigh. "Even allowing the chance of a baby made from the genes of a daemon and a seraph," he frowned at his own words before he looked at Buffy, "You should have pleaded for the human side of your family," he said as he got up from his chair right as the machine started beeping. "A crossing between us and them is an abomination. If such a thing where to be, it would be our duty to eliminate the child to keep the gods appeased. We want to destroy your kind, not mingle and breed with it," he said as he grabbed the paper with the results, sitting down as he read it. He made a small smile before he gave her the paper to read for herself.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 2:33 pm

She sighed at his words. Why couldn't he understand that this was not something that was more important to her than ancient rules and gods. "I am not pleading with you, I'm telling you what I could offer, but you are clearly too worried about gods to even see what peace could bring," she said, frowning at him. He would never allow her to be with Baal, this was just a fun game for him, right? She shook her head. "I'm a fenix, you said so yourself; I live approximately seventy years, and that would be a raindrop to what eternity has for you," she said, looking down at her hands. "A short life has a lot of meaning, but I can't see the problem in me just being a spec on Baal's timeline," she said in a thoughtful voice. She heard the machine, feeling her heart sink a little as she saw Simeon smile. What did that smile mean? She felt like it took ages before he handed her the paper, making her frown in confusion. He was smiling at this? She took a deep breath, placing the paper down on the table, bowing her head a little. Negative. She knew it was, but why was she so sad. "No harm done then," she whispered, feeling tears press on. She sat for a while, silent as if she was coming to terms with it. Looking at the paper on the table. "What is the cost of love?" she asked, blinking a few tears away. "And why are you so afraid of it?" she asked, but she was not expecting an answer. She stood up from her chair, looking at Simeon with her flames burning brighter by the second. "I am not leaving without Baal," she said in a firm voice. "And frankly, I don't think you understand what you are doing right now," she said, looking at the female that had been so upset in the bathroom. She took pity on them. "You're still slaves," she said, looking directly at the female. "You haven't left the dark ages, you've just adapted to the nature of this new society," she said, looking at the broad-shouldered daemon. Even if they couldn't hear her, she was going to speak her mind. Her gaze went to Simeon, looking in to his void eyes. "How long can you hold on, huh?" she asked, reaching out and placing a hand on Simeon's. She was not angry at any of the daemons, she was angry at the way things were set up. "How long can you go without your kind starting to wonder if there's more to life than following orders?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 3:19 pm

“Would your god hesitate to have your existence removed, little fenix? Has your god tailored a special hell just for your kind to suffer in, for all of eternity? No, your god hasnt,” he just said in a monotone tone, though the mention of a special hell made a disturbed look appear in the slender daemon. He frowned a little as she seemed to be so sure that this wasnt an issue. It was almost annoying him how she couldnt seem to understand, “We have not worked out a whole system to claw our way up from slaves, to have some lovestruck fenix question it all and think that she can somehow surpass the million factors that we have to consider!” He yelled all of a sudden, standing up as he slammed his fist onto the table. But he was awfully in control after his outburst, sitting down to fix his hair as he exhaled deeply. He was quite happy about the negative, because to him it meant that this would be over sooner than first expected. So many other daemons had been found already far into their pregnancy.
Her question made him frown, “We were not made to love. We were made to destroy,” he said in a calm tone. Why were she thinking she could push her ways of whatever faith she belonged to upon them? Someone like Simeon would never understand her.
She stood up but he remained seated as he looked up at her. He wasnt threatened or worried, not when they were three and she was one. “You wont get him either,” he just assured her in a calm tone. “Unless you’d prefer him dead,” he simply put it before he gave her a long look. The female looked at her without saying a word or displaying any kind of emotion. Simeon was just listening to her as she kept speaking to the two other daemons. He wasnt sure what she was aiming for, but he was interested in seeing where it would lead. Seeing her hand over his made him frown for a bit as he looked back up at her. He suddenly laughed at her words, a small but oddly delighted laugh. “Are you suggesting that we’d rebel? Stand up to our kind, our god and fight for what right? Hmm? The right our god gave us? And which would that be?” He said, clenching his jaw before he pulled his hand to his. “There’s one thing you can do. It’s a simple thing that would grant you your dear daemon,” he said, smiling all of a sudden. He shook the smile away before he searched his papers, placing a police report in front of her, “One of our own in the forces have located a young hybrid, the abomination we wish to destroy. She reported her apartment being ravaged, and just the right daemon was put on her case,” he explained, not knowing that Buffy already knew the hybrid he was looking for. “One life for another. This is the daemon way. You wont get him otherwise,” he said, tapping the paper before leaning back.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 3:38 pm

She listened to him, but she couldn't see the problem in trying something different. All the seraphim and daemons seemed to care about was defeating each other, but what about peace? She shook her head at his anger outburst, but she kept her cool. Gritting her teeth as he said she couldn't get Baal, she just looked at him with defiance. She was too frustrated to sit down, looking at Simeon as he spoke about rebellion. She scoffed. "I'm talking about thinking about your customs, thinking that maybe your rules are old and needs an update," she said. As he however said that there was a chance she could get Baal, she listened intently. She grabbed the police report when he found it, looking at it she showed little to no emotion, but she felt the dread already moving through her body. Aiden. She could only pretend to not know anything. "I'm a fenix, not a henchman or some sort of gun for hire," she said frowning. Were they serious? She looked at the report, knowing that it was where Aiden lived. She took a deep breath, looking to Simeon. "If I accept and I fail ... What would that mean?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 3:52 pm

“No you are neither. You are just to figure out whether she’s searching for sanctuary with the seraphim to avoid us, and seeing with your roots in the Elior-family, that shouldnt be too hard,” he said as he narrowed his eyes at her. Would she really think that they thought she could find this hybrid all on her own? He watched her read through it, leaning back into his chair, tilting his head at her words. “If you fail? It’s quite simple; You wont ever see him again. I will personally make sure,” he said, making a small oddly friendly smile. He knew it was quite a loss if she failed, but on the other hand would he give up a summoner for her to have if she did pull through. He made a quiet sigh. “From her physical description, we do know that she was present the night we should have killed your mother,” he said as he crossed his arms. He didnt seem too bothered by mentioning the fact that she was supposed to die. “So we do know that she’s trying to wiggle her way into the arms of the seraphim. But we need to get her first,” he said, frowning a little as his words were as serious as they could get.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 4:02 pm

"So all you want is information?" she asked, frowning a little at his words. She didn't know if she felt comfortable about disclosing anything, mostly because she had no idea if Aiden was even wanting to join the seraphim. Buffy was never involved with that side of her family, mostly because what they did was strictly reserved for seraphim only. The Order must know that she wasn't involved with such matter, but if she could just give them enough, perhaps she would get to see Baal. She couldn't afford to lose him. However could she jeopardize her brother's happiness? She looked at Simeon, wishing that she could do something else, anything else for that matter, however she also knew better than to ask for a different task. This was her only shot, and she was going to take it. "Alright, I'll do it, but I refuse to have some daemons stalk me while I do my task," she said. It was too risky, if her aunt got any hint of it, she knew she would lose everything. "I live with seraphim, and I see them casually, so if they can sense you, it won't end good," she added.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 4:17 pm

He smiled as she seemed to get it, nodding as he thought he had set her up for defeat. There was no way she could know anything about this hybrid, he was sure of it. But she must have had some sort of way to gather the information they wanted. He nodded at her words, sighing shortly, “Do you think we would waste resources on having someone follow you? You think highly of yourself.” He allowed himself to mock her for thinking that he believed she could complete her task well enough to have his men follow her. He scratched his chin a little, leaning a little forward as he looked at her with a small smile. “You wont get your daemon before we get what we want. And if we find it satisfactory, then he shall be yours. But dont expect us to allow the birth of a summoner child for you to raise. You get,” he raised his index as he continued, “One summoner. One summoner for a hybrid,” he clarified, closing his hand to a loose fist, “Any child that you may produce, will belong to us if it is blessed with the gift,” he said, frowning a little as he wasnt sure if she would accept it, but it wasnt a bargain.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 4:26 pm

Of course he had to mock her, but she was thinking ahead of things. As he mentioned finding things satisfactory she looked at the paper once more, feeling like she had no other choice. "But if I give birth to a human, fenix or seraph, I can keep it?" she asked. She wanted him to clarify. If there was any small chance, she would take it. She could understand that they wouldn't want her to raise a summoner, but anything else was rightfully hers to keep, right? Even if the chance was slim that Baal would ever agree to having children, she needed to know for certainty. She was going to accept the terms, even if she knew it would break her heart down the line. However a life without Baal would not be a life she wanted. Her daemon might've advised her against this, however she was stubborn and strong willed just like her mother had been. "I agree to the terms," she said, feeling her breath halter a little.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 4:33 pm

“As long as the child does not bear the gift, then it’s for you to keep,” he said with a nod, getting up from his chair as he gave her some time to consider the offer. He corrected the clothes of the guy who had acted as the leader, foxing the hair of the female as if they were just like dolls to him. He turned to look at Buffy, smiling brightly as she agreed to the terms, placing his hand out for her to take, he made a sigh. If she took his hand he would pull her a little closer as his smile faded to a threatning expression, “But if your child is both seraph and daemon, then you’d best be hoping it would know how to run for the rest of it’s life, since you wont be around to protect it, fenix.” He said as his final words, gesturing for her to leave while the female suddenly moved to escort her.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 4:42 pm

Buffy took his hand, staring in to those cold eyes of a twisted daemon. Hearing his threat scared her to her core, but she couldn't let it show. "I'll put on a good fight, though," she said calmly before she was escorted out of the room. Before exiting she turned her head to look at Simeon. "I'm expecting to see him unharmed," she said in a stern voice before moving outside. She sat herself in the car as she was guided in to it, returning to her own place she gave the female one last look before stepping out. Watching the car drive off before heading inside. As soon as the door closed behind her and she was in the warm apartment she broke down. Crying and sobbing as she fell to her knees hugging herself. She was lost. She couldn't betray Xander and Aiden, but if she failed she would lose Baal forever.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 4:59 pm

“You can try,” he told her, letting go of her hand. The female stood by the door waiting for Buffy, Simeon in the midst of returning to his table as Buffy spoke to him. “If he plays nice, we’ll play nice,” he told her, letting her know it was out of his hands if Baal decided to fight them. She should have known that he was already harmed as she was dragged into this office. The female just guided her out, not saying a word the whole time she led her to the car and had someone drive her back to her place.

Inside, Aiden hadnt been sure what to do, just sitting on Xander’s bed as she had been in her mind that seemed to just spark new worries. As the door opened, she moved to the door to listen carefully, but as she heard it being Buffy sobbing and crying, she hurried out to comfort her, even if it hadnt been safe. Wrapping her arms carefully around the fenix, she felt her lip quiver a little with worry, “They didnt harm you did they?” She asked, already trying to figure out how she was supposed to explain all this to Xander without making him sick with worry as well.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 5:13 pm

Buffy soon felt Aiden's arms around her, but it only made her cry more. She wrapped her arms in return around Aiden, holding her close as she just let go of the emotions she had tried to hide. She shook her head at her question. They hadn't harmed her physically, but mentally she knew she would have things to battle with pithing the years to come. She pulled out of the hug, taking Aiden's hand as she was shaking a little. She felt weak, but she hoped she could tell her everything. She told about how they had tested her for her pregnancy, swallowing as she said it had been negative, but it was like a slow burn for her. She told about seeing Baal, how different he had seemed to acted, and how she had tried to stay with him. Telling Aiden about Simeon was the hardest, swallowing as she knew she would never see Baal again. "I told him I would give him information about this hybrid between a seraph and a daemon," she whispered, looking at her with tears in her eyes. "But ... But I can't, because that ... That would break my brother," she sobbed, hanging her head in defeat. She would lose either way she went on this path. She couldn't win, and the daemon knew. She took a trembling inhale. "I can't ... I can't betray you like that, not even to be with the love of my life," she cried. She was inconsolable, and for the first time since meeting Baal she felt the veil of loneliness that swept over her.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

Full name : Vanessa Yael Prideux
Quote : Ever wished you werent born?

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 5:35 pm

She held Buffy for as long as the fenix needed, sighing in relief as she said she wasnt harmed, but her mind couldnt let it go, already finding a new thing to worry about: What had then happened? She watched her as she pulled out of the hug, holding her hand as Buffy went on to explain the whole thing. Aiden was scared of the daemons and she couldnt hide the fright in her eyes as she just listened to the story. But what she heard just made her eyes water as she thought about it. She frowned a little as she mentioned a hybrid but it didnt take long for her to understand as her face softened up in a dreadful surprise while she seemed to loosen her grip a little around Buffy’s hand. Her eyes fluttered as she looked down at the ground. She didnt know what to say, it was like everything she had feared was slowly coming to life. She shook her head as Buffy said she couldnt betray her, feeling her tears run down her cheeks as she gave her hand a little squeeze. She breathed in, feeling her jaw tremble as she was looking for her words. “I cant tell you what to do,” she said in a quiet tone, frowning as she kept looking at the ground. “Is there no other way?” She asked, but her tone was subtly begging for Buffy to tell her there was another way.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 5:50 pm

She knew it was a lot to take in, and she feared that Aiden would hate her now. She knew it was her own fault, she had been warned over and over, but her family had seemed to at least accept it somewhat that she was with Baal. Maybe that had given her confidence to think the daemons would as well. She felt her heart broken, because she could never see him again, Simeon had been clear about that. Aiden quiet tone didn't help. To Buffy it was pretty clear. She was never going to feel at home again. The rest of her life she would live alone and hiding away because she couldn't handle the prospect of never seeing Baal again. Buffy shook her head at Aiden's question. "Nothing ... The Order won't bend," she whispered, wiping away her tears. She looked at Aiden, feeling torn, because she didn't see herself as egotistical enough to do that to Aiden. And what of her brother? He would be heart broken, and never forgive her. "There's a fenix way ... But it could never happen, not now," she said, whimpering a bit as she felt so lost.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 6:07 pm

She made a whimper of a cry as Buffy said there was no other way. She didnt feel angry at Buffy for taking the deal, she thought she would have done the same if it had been Xander. She wasnt sure how they had found her, but it was what it was. She felt a few more tears run down her cheeks as she kept looking at the floor, her mind running a million thoughts and suggestions at once, she couldnt make out what was what anymore. She frowned a little in confusion of the fenix way. She sniffled and dried her nose with her sleeve though there was nothing and she took in a few deep breaths to calm herself. “What way?” She asked, biting her lower lip. She had to sort out her thoughts but she didnt even know where to begin.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 6:19 pm

Buffy knew it sounded weird, but there were certain ways of binding ones soul to another. "It's not just something I can do, besides Baal would have to be present, and I know for certain I'm never ..." she said, trailing off as she started crying again. She couldn't even say it out loud, because she felt too scared. She didn't want to admit that she had said goodbye. She gave Aiden's hand a squeeze, taking a deep breath. She needed to get it together, but she felt more like hiding away forever. "If a fenix binds itself to another, binds with their whole soul, then not even the Elders could break the pair apart," she said, frowning as she didn't know if it was a secret to the fenix race, but at this point it didn't matter. "It's much like a wedding ceremony, where the couple intertwines with each other's soul, but it's not just something you do with anyone," she said in a more serious voice. Swallowing she shook her head. was it naive to think that something like that could help? "However the ceremony takes time, both to prepare and perform, and even if I did manage to get Baal to place for the ceremony, then the daemons could easily find us and break it up," she explained.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 6:38 pm

Aiden listened to her, frowning with a pained look in her eyes as she felt her heart break at how Buffy couldnt even finish the sentence. She just held her hand, her other hand calmly caressing the back of Buffy’s as if her body just found it natural to cater and confort. She listened to how Buffy explained how it was all stitched together. Hearing about a thing such as interwining souls in such a way sounded like something out of a dream but in these circumstances, she couldnt let her heart think for her. Aiden made a small nod as she felt like there had to be a glimmer of a hope somewhere, but that hope had it’s cost. “You should be with him. No matter what....’s keeping you apart. Which would... be... me in this case now” she said in a quiet tone looking down at their hands. Maybe it was her good side that was telling her that she couldnt be selfish or the daemon side being angry because it wasnt raised in surpression and control. “We should wait till Xander comes home. He may know what our best options would be, since he’s involved with the seraphim,” she then said, clearing her throat as she started drying her cheeks.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 6:58 pm

Hearing Aiden speak while she comforted her was surreal. She shook her head, looking at the hybrid with a confused look. "You ... I won't accept you just ... Sacrificing yourself," she whispered with a shaky breath. She couldn't accept that. That was too much to even ask for, let alone be alright with. No. They had to be smart about this. Nodding at the hybrid's words about Xander, she couldn't anything but agree. Her brother knew way more of the seraphim, and he knew where Aiden stood according to joining them. "You're right," she said, taking a few deep breaths. However she felt the more time passed, the slimmer the chance for seeing Baal again was. Not that she had much hopes for seeing him again, however she needed to believe. After calming down somewhat she told Aiden that she wanted to change clothes, feeling the sweat filled with fear in her clothes. Then she went to the kitchen, asking the hybrid if she needed help preparing the food, if not, she would just make a cup of tea, sitting at the small table. "My life is short, Aiden ... You have eternity, and so does my brother," she said in a silent voice, looking in to her cup. She had never thought much about her lifespan, mostly because she just lived life from day to day. However today had made her think a lot. "I mean ... Roughly fifty years in misery is nothing, right?" she whispered, her lower lip shaking as she started crying again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Another day another trouble
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next