Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Another day another trouble

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Vanessa

Vanessa

Full name : Vanessa Yael Prideux
Quote : Ever wished you werent born?

Another day another trouble - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 7:14 pm

She frowned a little at Buffy’s whisper but she wasnt sure how much harm it would really do. She would be found eventually, she knew she would. It just seemed to be a matter of when and at that thought she felt a grin taste in her mouth. What had she dragged Xander into without a single thought of what could happen? She felt like her head was so heavy it could snap off her neck and fall to the floor, not even roll around a few tines first. She let Buffy go change her clothes, while she took a moment to sit and stare at the floor. She got up and went to the kitchen. She had been planning on making a stew but it seemed that she would have to make something that would be a little quicker with the time that had passed.
She grabbed the vegetables she needed, shaking her head as Buffy offered to help, making a small sad smile. She just wanted to shut her mind off for a bit while she would prepare the food. She started cutting the onions first, clenching her jaw a little as Buffy spoke about her long life. She sighed and felt the tear-inducing juices from the onions slowly make their way to her eyes. She scratched her eye with the back of her hand, shaking her head at Buffy’s whisper, “If you really think that he’s the one for your soul, then I dont think it would just be 50 years,” she admitted as she made a small frown. She finished the onions and placed them in a pan with a little bit of oil, soon a pleasant smell of frying onions would spread in the kitchen. “I really dont know what to tell you. A part of me knows that I’ll always be running, but the other wants to hold onto the hope that I might be wrong,” she said, biting her lower lip. She moved some vegetables to Buffy as she laid the knife on the cuttig bosrd just to push it to the fenix. “Cut the peppers,” she said in a quiet tone.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre
Quote : The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes.

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 7:30 pm

She needed to get herself together before Xander came home. By the gods, what was she ever to say to her brother? Looking in to her cup she did hear what Aiden said, but she had a bitter taste in her mouth. Buffy didn't wish to put Aiden in to this, not the way her brother had seemed to fall for the hybrid. Besides, to her, nothing could compare to seeing her brother happy. She looked at the vegetables for a while before she started cutting the peppers carefully. Her body was still shaking from time to time, however she didn't seem to cut herself. She was sitting mostly in her own world, cutting the peppers and just running the scenario through her head. Could she had done something different? Should she had gotten on her knees and pleaded with the daemon? Nothing seemed to make sense. If a summoner was disposable, then she feared that once they had found a solution, Baal would already be dead. "I feel at a loss for words too," Buffy admitted, her voice broken as her spirit. Closing her eyes she put the knife down. "I ... I ..." she whispered, pressing her eyelids closer shut as if she was trying to focus. "I cheated on their test," she admitted, feeling her breath shaky.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 7:39 pm

She was just tending to the onions as they slowly fried to a golden colour while Buffy cut the peppers. Aiden could have imagined how they both could have been standing here laughing and talking about anything - But now it seemed they both just needed to stay in silence and just listen to the sounds of the stirring of the pan or the cutting of the knife. She glanced at how Buffy was cutting the peppers, normally she would have been telling her how to cut them, but this time she was just silent. The fenix had been through enough and how she was cutting them now wouldnt ruin the dish. She made a sad smile as Buffy seemed just as lost. She turned her eyes back to the pan, stirring in it before she saw Buffy place down the knife in the corner of her eye. She ceased to move as she heard the whispering stutter to then frown a little at her confession, “Uhm..... the ummm... the pregnancy one?” She asked as she lifted a hand to scratch the side of her throat, trying not to seem too surprised. She made a soft gasp as she realized, “Are you saying you’re pregnant?” She mumbled, frowning deeper as she felt a slight panic start to spread inside her.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 7:47 pm

Buffy felt her eyes water again, nodding at the first question that Aiden asked. There had been two tests, and she knew that if she cheated, then it would show negative no matter what. "I'm saying I don't know," Buffy confessed, but she felt scared. Because if there was suddenly a child involved it would all become that much more dangerous. Simeon had been very clear in his words, but if she turned out to be pregnant, they needed to figure out what to do them. "I just ... If I am ... I didn't want them to take it," she said, looking down. She felt like she had deceived everyone around her, but she had only done it to protect herself and Baal. She looked at Aiden, feeling scared that all of this was happening. Buffy was barely an adult, how would she handle a potential child alone? And if the child turned out to be a hybrid, or a summoner, then she would have to run as far away as she could.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 7:56 pm

She felt first surprised as Buffy had nodded but then the concern kicked in, making her frown the surprised expression away as she looked down at the pan, moving it away from the heat before she placed a hand on her shoulder, “If you are then we’ll all be here for you,” she said in a confident tone but it did darken her expression as she looked back at the pan, looking at the small cut onions that had turned to a nice golden brown. “And if you are... then you shouldnt be raising it alone,” she said, knowing it wouldnt sit well with the fenix, but did they really have a choice? Sure it had been one thing to choose between her and Baal, but if a child was involved... she shook her head, rubbing her temple a little from all the thinking. But she wasnt going to tell Buffy to do, especially as the last thing she wanted was to hurt Xander.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 8:13 pm

"Nothing is set in stone just yet," she argued. She hadn't shown any signs of being pregnant, but just in case she would stop taking her birth control, just to be sure that it wouldn't harm anything that potentially was growing inside of her. "We were only together once or twice, and I've been on my birth control long before we did it ... So the chance is slim, and I don't want it to waver in any direction of what we do," she said. She couldn't ask anything of Aiden. "Please don't tell Xander about this," she said. She couldn't ask her brother to chose between family and love like that. She couldn't ask him to consider such a thing. She wiped her cheeks, looking at the peppers she had cut in to small pieces. She didn't know if it was good enough. "And I can't go to the doctors to get checked, I can't even buy a pregnancy test because I'm scared they will find out," she said. She would just have to live in the unknown.

Just at that the front door to the apartment opened and closed. "I'm hooooome," he called in a rather cheery tone. He had gotten better after the whole ordeal with Nahia. He still freaked out when people touched him, but he was slowly acting like himself again. Except for the small moments when he froze, as if he felt someone was watching him. He came in to the kitchen, immediately sensing that something was wrong. "What? Am I late for something?" he asked. He couldn't remember telling them he would be home before late, but maybe he was remembering wrong.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 9:49 pm

Aiden nodded at her argument, looking down for a bit. She still couldnt really shake the feeling that for her it was in a way set in stone already. She nodded once more as Buffy went on to explain. She frowned a little, thinking that the chances of birth control not working properly nowadays didnt seem possible, but then again, there was always that slim risk. "I wont tell him," she assured her before she turned the pan back on the heat, looking at the peppers before she made a small nod to let Buffy know they were fine. She stirred the onions before pouring in the peppers. She frowned at Buffy's words, "There could be a wa..." she said as she heard the door open, drying her cheeks quickly before she turned her eyes down to the pan.
She felt bad that she hadnt warned him beforehand but she thought it would just be worrying him more than necessary. His question made her pout a little as she glanced shortly at Buffy, not wanting to say the wrong thing in the matter. She looked back at Xander, "The daemon order came by," she said in a quiet voice, feeling like speaking louder about it would somehow seep through the walls and alert some nearby daemon that they were speaking about it.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 10:15 pm

Buffy couldn't make out what Aiden was about to say, but she was grateful for Aiden not telling Xander. It was quite a secret if it turned out to be true, but there had been very few studies on interspecies contraception. She couldn't know if the birth-control she had been taking was strong enough. As Xander came in she just looked down in her tea as the hybrid explained. Xander's eyes widened, going directly to Aiden as he thought they had been there for her. "Are you alright? Did they hurt you? I swear, those daemons are always snooping around the neighborhood," he spoke fast, cupping Aiden's face to check if she was alright. Buffy exhaled, taking a sip of her hot tea before she wet her lips slightly. "They weren't here for her ... Not directly," she explained, making Xander stop in his tracks, looking from his sister to the hybrid with a confused expression. "What's going on?" he asked in a shaky breath, looking from one to the other to search for some kind of answer. Buffy couldn't help it, her tears just fell from her eyes as she started sobbing again. Xander was quickly at his sister, kneeling down beside the chair, hoping to catch her eye, but nothing seemed to work.

Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 10:32 pm

Aiden just looked down as he seemed to think it had been because they were here for her and she couldnt really blame him since she had been the one to say they had been here. She leaned into his hands but she shook her head in the motion that it wasnt about her. Aiden just turned back to cooking as she thought Buffy would tell him, but she quickly noticed that the fenix wasnt saying much. She glanced at the twins before she clenched her jaw. "Baal has been taken by The Order, they found out that he had been with Buffy," she said, frowning as she looked down, figuring she might as well say it so Buffy didnt have to again. She looked at Buffy but she wasnt sure the fenix would look back at her. She stirred the pan slowly, her hand not really following in other that subconscious muscle memory. She summed it up pretty well, but when she talked about the tests, she just said that they had been negative, like Buffy had told her at first. She frowned a little at the end and couldnt even bring herself to cry about it.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 10:49 pm

It was a lot to take in, and Xander was surprised that Aiden seemed to handle this much better. He looked at his sister, rubbing his palm against her back to soothe her, but it seemed like it didn't help at all. "So ... In order for Baal to be with my sister is by sacrificing you?" he asked, frowning as he stood up. He sat down half on the table rubbing his temples in frustration. To him it was plain and simple. The seraphim race didn't negotiate in matters like this, and Aiden was not to be given up in exchange for someone else. He took a trembling breath, looking at Buffy that was just sobbing silently, and he could feel his heart break for his sister. She had always been a cause for joy, and seeing her cry was like taking the sunshine away on a summer day. "Buffy, I can't let you do something like this," he said in a stern voice, although his expression showed how much sadness he had in this moment. He knew that Buffy loved her daemon, but he couldn't justify something like that. "Besides, the daemons run their own show, their own rules; we don't exchange life for life," he said. He tried to be the voice of reason, because the two other seemed rather emotional. He was too, he was just better at putting it aside. "You're still young ... And ..." Xander said, but this made Buffy look up at Xander with hurt eyes. "I'm still young," she repeated, shaking her head at him. "So therefor I can just go out and find another love of my life? So I can just forget that he - Baal - has been my only comfort, my only sense of home," she said, frowning as she had thought her brother would at least seem a little sympathetic. "Buffy, that's not what I meant," he said, returning the frown she was giving him. "No, but it was what you said," Buffy said, looking down in to her tea again. Of course he wouldn't understand the things she felt for the daemon. The summoner was a dark creature, but to her he was nothing but a beacon in her life.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 11:09 pm

Aiden swallowed hard as she made a small nod to his question looking down into the pan with sad eyes. She cut a few more vegetables and placed them in the pan before she rubbed her forehead slowly with the back of her hand. She felt a little lightheaded from everything that had happened, but she wasnt letting it show as she thought it would pass quite fast. She just let them talk while she slowly gathered the stuff she needed to finish the dish. She exhaled deeply, frowning a little as she knew he was looking at it from a seraph’s perspective but could that work when the matter was revolving around daemons? She wasnt suggesting that he would have to think like his counterpart, but it did make her wonder.
“With that logic, we’re also still young...” she said, clenching her jaw after speaking but with her headache the tension just seemed to make her pull a pained expression. She had finished the food so she placed the pan off the heat and carefully walked over to have a seat before she felt like collapsing. “... Would you have been able to say goodbye?” She said in a low tone, carefully placing her hand over his to let him know she wasnt trying to put blame or dissuade him from his beliefs. She looked down at their hands, opening her mouth a little, “I.... I will always be a target for them,” she then said as she looked up at him.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 11:30 pm

Buffy couldn't even look at her brother. How could he be this cold when he knew how much she cared for Baal? She felt like she would never get her side of the story heard, just getting shut down immediately because what she had been offered to do didn't sit well with the seraphim way of things. That was where she was grateful for Aiden being there, moving over to them and placing her brother in a similar dilemma. Xander swallowed, looking at Aiden's hand on top of his. He exhaled, knowing that he would lie if he said he could. He cared for the hybrid, so much that he had been pleading her case more often with the counsel of elders. "No," he admitted, looking in to those muddy brown eyes that always seemed to calm him. It was like he knew what she was going to say before he said it, looking into her eyes, however he felt in denial. "They can't be hunting you forever, and once you're part of the seraphim, you'll be under our protection," he argued, turning his hand around, touching her palm with his fingers. "You're such a hypocrite," Buffy said, getting up from her chair, making it scratch against the floor, making a loud noise. "You think your love is more real than mine?" Buffy asked, her face in full confusion and hurt, like she couldn't believe what her brother was saying right now. "You think that because Baal is a daemon, then it's none of our business, but I'm not a seraph, Xander!" she said, yelling his name before walking in to the living room, picking up the things she had laying in there before walking to her room. She felt the tears run down her face. Was she acting like a brat? Like a spoilt teenager? No, she believed her outbursts to be in the frustration that she had always felt. She would never belong with her family, not fully, and she knew she could never truly be a part of Baal's life. Yet she hadn't minded taking compromises, hiding her relationship with Baal, hiding the hurt she felt when Xander was going out with the rest of their family and she was sitting home alone. She felt like she would forever be in this type of limbo, a place where she could just float, because she could never set foot in either world.

Xander sighed as he looked down. He might've been harsh, but he could only speak from what he knew. And from what he knew, there was no reason to argue about saving a daemon, even if it was Buffy's lover. Especially not when considering that the price they would have to pay had seraph genes in her. "Am I a monster, Aiden?" he asked, frowning as he looked down. Was he taking all the wrong choices? He was still young, and with his mother gone he felt hopeless in finding someone to guide him. To lead him on his way. He had been placing so many offerings to Verity this past month that the priestess was starting to call him by first name. "I just can't see the justice in exchanging you for someone else, even if that someone had been a pureblood seraph," he said. Had he lost his way? Had Nahia actually managed to corrupt him in the short time he had been held captive?He feared it was so, but even then, what could he do?
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 11:47 pm

She looked up at him and as comforting as his words may have been, Buffy was right in her outburst. It had been something that may had been understandable if Buffy had been a seraph, but she wasnt. They were all three in different beliefs, Aiden feeling sad that not even Justiae herself could have been able to make the scales even. Someone had to hurt, eventually. She watched Buffy leave, sighing deeply as she carefully caressed the inside of his hand with her indexfinger. “You arent a monster Xander,” she assured him, moving her hand from his to reach up and touch his cheek. She couldnt help but thinking about the possibility of a pregnancy, because that would resolve her inner conflict and make the choice everyone was dreading.
“Because it isnt justice. It’s daemon terms afterall,” she said in a sad tone, feeling calmer as she touched his face but still very sad. “It’s a lose or lose situation,” she said, feeling the tears press on as her mind was ahead of her mouth, “Either Buffy lose Baal.... or you lose me,” she said, letting go of his face as she moved her hand down as she started crying asshe realized the weight of it all. She didnt want to be in the way, not again, and not like this.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 7:54 am

She was right that it wasn't justice, but he couldn't begin to think like a daemon. Not now. It was sinking to another level, and it was not one he wished to sink to. He closed his eyes halfway as she was touching his face, looking at her with pure adoration. A lose or lose situation was probably what described this moment the best, however he could see she was fighting tears already. As she put words to it he shook his head a little, moving over to her and wrapping his arms around her. He held her close to his chest, hiding his face in her brown hair. Was she blaming herself for this? Was she actually considering bending to what Buffy's task was? He couldn't accept that. "I don't want to lose you, Aiden," he said in to her hair, breathing in her scent, She had already been through so much, he couldn't believe that all this bad just came from her being a hybrid. However it did. He was silent for a while, just holding her close, but his mind was moving at a fast pace. He was thinking of finding a solution. He pulled away for a bit, looking at her, taking in her features. "What about ... A diversion?" he mumbled, thinking out loud. He searched her eyes as if that would help with what he was looking for, and it seemed to do so. "We divert them, make them think they are on to you; Baal would get released and we would have time to initiate you into the seraphim gathering," he said. Maybe it was a long shot, but all they had asked from Buffy was information. So if that information came directly from a source, and it would make the daemons believe, then it would all be sorted, right?

Buffy had tossed herself on the bed, looking at the ceiling before reaching over to her nightstand to take the birth-control. She was looking at the small packet, shaking it a little before tossing it in the trash. Frowning a little she sat up, placing a hand on her stomach. Could she be pregnant? "Hi ... Erhm ... I don't know if you're ... If you're even real," she whispered, looking up at the ceiling, trying not to cry. Maybe it was stupid entertaining the idea of a child growing in her. "Can you ... Hear me?" she mumbled, looking back at her stomach. This felt surreal, mostly because she couldn't really wrap her head around it. She let her hand fall down beside her on the bed, laying down once more to just cuddle her bedcovers closer. When she closed her eyes they still smelled like Baal, making more tears appear and run down her cheeks. "I'm not giving up," she mumbled, however it didn't sound as certain as when she had seen Baal in that room.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 12:33 pm

She was thankful to feel his arms around her because she felt at such a loss. She was too naive for doing what would make her seem less like her daemon side in people’s eyes that she would eventually forget her own worth. But he was here, reminding her with his words, that her just sacrificing herself wouldnt just go as smoothly as she had first thought it to be, his heart was on the line and she couldnt just break it. She had promised him, not with words but with actions that he hadnt placed something so delicate and meaningful in the wrong discoloured hands. But for now she cried against his chest, holding onto the fabric for dear life as emotions reigned and made the conflict inside her grow.
He was quiet and her crying didnt seem to subside as quickly as normal, but could it have been expected to when she felt like something as innocent as being born seemed to be a great crime on it’s own? Letting Buffy give the information to the daemons would eventually result in her.... She had to think of the word eventually, but she felt like she would cry even more if she did now. “A diversion?” She sobbed at his mumble, opening her eyes to carefully look up at him. It was hard to cry when he was looking at her, mostly because she didnt want to look puffy and ugly, but maybe it was a little too late to care for looks.
He explained what he meant, her eyes moving away as she thought about it. “If they find out that I’ve been with you all this time, they’ll kill him. She’ll have to tell them exactly enough to put me at risk but not make them feel like they’ve been cheated,” she said, still sobbing, but it was slowly calming down. “I cant flee and go somewhere else because they would know she had told me. All I can really do is hide here in the city and hope they dont find me,” she whispered, biting her lip before she made a soft whimper before pushing herself close to him, her system so filled with pain and dread “I dont want to die,” she begged in a broken tone, feeling the tears run again.

He could feel the broken lip by the way his blood tasted in his mouth. Sighing, he pulled a pained expression at the sudden sting like being stabbed in the area that hurt. It didnt help that he sat curled up against the wall but frankly it seemed more comfortable to be less present than to seem perfectly comfortable in his enclosed dark space. He rolled up his shirt to see a dark spot between the swirls in the shape of a large boot. He exhaled carefully to not move too much, leaning his head back against the wall as he looked up at the dim light. He should have said more, told her that not even his own kind could make him break his promise to her. “I’m going to marry you, Buffy Elior Fayre,” he whispered so quietly, he wasnt even sure he said it. But he felt like he needed to get the words out, like they would wander from this room and to her. He hoped they could, but he also knew it was just that - A hope.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 4:58 pm

Xander didn't like this predicament. Everything seemed to be a mess, although he wouldn't want to lose his head now. He loved Aiden, he had told her that much, so he was not willing to put her life on the line. But would that fact break the relationship he had with his sister? He wondered as he spoke of giving them enough information. Placing his palms against her cheeks he tried wiping away her tears, looking at her he felt like he could cry as well. He shook his head at her begging words, letting go of her face to hug her closer. "You won't, they would have to go through me to get you," he whispered in a soothing tone. He didn't blame her for being afraid of dying, because what would happen once her life ended? Would she be able to be judged? Or would she end in limbo? He dared not think of it, instead opting to kiss her on her hair as he held her close. "No one is going to harm you, alright? I'll be right beside you at all times," he promised. He couldn't really promise her that she would always be safe, that would be a stupid promise. Just by being alive she was at risk at getting discovered and hurt. "But I'm afraid if we don't figure out a solution, I'll lose my sister," he admitted. He couldn't be asked to choose between his love and his family like this. It was easy if you put it into seraphim terms, but family terms was different. He wanted a life with Aiden, wanted to help people and heal them. Make people's lives better, but he feared it would come at the cost of his sister's happiness. "What did you make for dinner?" he asked gently, running his hands along her arms in soothing strokes. He kissed her hair still, waiting for her to relax more. Xander was born with patience, so he would gladly wait to hear her speak. However he also knew that she might not need to think about everything right now. Maybe it was alright just to spend one night not worrying, even if his sister was in the other room and heartbroken. It was a hard place to be. "It looks good," he encouraged her, but he was being honest. He loved Aiden's cooking, loved how she could bring the different flavors into the world without hardly trying. Or at least she made it look easy.

Buffy felt herself hurt, looking up at the ceiling, thinking how Baal was doing right now. She loved him, worried for him, but most of all she wondered if Simeon had taken full control of her daemon. She needed to hold on to the promise they had made to each other. They were going to spend the rest of their lives together, they were going to marry each other. Closing her eyes, she pulled the covers closer to her, hugging it at she inhaled the imprint of his scent. It wasn't the same, and she was afraid she was going to forget how he smelled. "My Baal," she mumbled in to the covers. It was like she could hear his voice, saying over and over the promise he had made, even though she knew it was just her memories going on repeat.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 8:55 pm

As she felt his hands on her face, her hands instinctively reached for his wrists, holding onto him like she needed the comfort to keep herself from falling apart. She was just as conflicted as she was terrified, and somehow she still felt selfish for something as simple as doubting her own will to sacrifice herself. She let go of his wrists as he wrapped his arms around her, listening to his soothing words as she tried her best to calm her sobs as they had begun. She didnt think about what would happen to her, her mind was all focused on how she would hurt him, how she would break his heart when she said she wouldnt. Him being calm and comforting was what she needed and as she stood in his arms, she felt herself slowly calm down, from sobs to sniffles and controlled tears. She turned her head to the pan at the question for dinner, rubbing her cheek with the back of her hand before she cleared her throat, "Just a stir fry," she said in a low hoarse tone. She made a small nod as he complimented the food, blinking a few tears away. "I was going to make stew since it's so cold outside. Buffy would have liked it," she said in a low tone, frowning a little as she mentioned his sister. She couldnt wrap her head around it all again, for now she just wanted to let things calm and look into it after she had rested - 'Cause she couldnt really call it a good night's sleep when there was so much tension and sadness.
She looked up at Xander, lifting her hands to touch his cheeks gently, "We shouldnt let her stay with her dark thoughts," she said in a sad tone, frowning a little to herself. It was a difficult situation and maybe it would have been best to leave the fenix alone, but Aiden just couldnt let her be without at least knowing that she wouldnt be turning her back on her for not offering a little breather from it all.

It was a silly hope to think that she could hear him but could he really be blamed for trying? He leaned his head back against the wall, grunting a little in pain as he pressed a hand to his wound, though the pressure didnt alleviate much, except making the pain feel like a stinging sensation. He just looked up at the dim light, wondering if he really wasnt going to see her again. The thought was heartbreaking, so he wouldnt let himself believe it. Maybe he could live oblivious to the fact till it would one day smack him in the face, he thought. He was thinking a lot now when all he had was the dim light from the ceiling and himself. He wondered if she was safe, or more he was begging that she was.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 10:17 pm

Aiden was right, Buffy would've loved a hot stew, but he liked the stir fry she made too. She always mixed in whatever they had laying around, making it a nice way to use some leftover ingredients. He looked at her, feeling her hand against his cheek, leaning a bit against it. He had started doing that more to remind him of who was touching him. Like a grounding technique. "I know," he replied. He knew that the hybrid was right, they couldn't just leave Buffy alone in her room. "But I think she needs time to chew on this information, just as much as we do," he said in a thoughtful voice. He had still yet to fully understand the whole thing with Nahia, even if he had recalled it all to those around him. He looked in to her eyes, wondering what Aiden was really thinking about it all. He couldn't believe that she was seriously considering offering herself up. But even so, maybe not thinking too much about it would be the best cause of action right now. However tomorrow he would need to figure out a plan, as he couldn't just involve the other seraphim, as it wasn't really a matter for them. But he also felt like he needed some sort of guidance. "Let us get something to eat, maybe make a plate for Buffy, and then check on her?" he suggested, raising an eyebrow at Aiden to see if she was okay with that plan.

Buffy just needed to lay down, let the day's event pass in front of her eyes. Her tears returned as she hugged the covers closer. She felt like she should've fought harder. She should've yelled at Simeon to let Baal go, clawed more at the guards that had pulled her away from Baal. She should've kissed him more. Sobbing in to the covers she felt her heart break all over again. In theory she was safe, yet she felt so unnerved by the fact that her daemon was not here. Part of her wished that he would come sweep her up in his arms, hold her close and lulling her back to reality where he was waiting. Where he would kiss her all over her face, make her smile and feel at home. She wanted to wake up to him, right by his side, feeling his warm body, tracing his swirls with her fingers as she just looked at him. But the sad part was, that when she opened her eyes, he wasn't there. He was somewhere she couldn't reach, sitting up in her bed she felt cold. Colder than she had ever felt, and she looked around in confusion. Had she truly fallen asleep? She felt herself get out of bed, but she wasn't really, moving around didn't feel like moving. She was dreaming. She knew this feeling, she was floating. It felt strange, yet awfully familiar, but soon everything made sense. Images flashing, pictures of the future being shown to her by Faeth herself. "What does it all mean!?" she yelled in her dream, but there was no answer. There never was. She would simply have to figure it out herself.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 11:14 pm

She nodded at his words, thinking she might have been seeking refuge in her ability to go into caretaker mode even when she was supposed to be seeking comfort. She was only thankful that he knew her well enough to not just let her forget herself. She glanced shortly at the food, still a little dissatisfied that it was the stir fry and not the stew she had intended it to be - No praise could change her mind on it. She nodded at his suggestion, making a small sigh before she would slowly move out of his arms. She didnt really want to, but they couldnt just stand there till hunger fell over them both. She had yet to explain to him that she wasnt actually just living on food, since her daemon side wouldnt let her with the dark power inside of her. But she thought it was better to wait with that conversation, in fact she wasnt even thinking about it when she looked at the food. She went to get plates, placing them next to the pan before she exhaled deeply. She felt slight shivers down her spine, shuddering a little from the lingering emotion, but she just shook her head a sniffled a little.

He carefully pushed himself up from the wall, walking around a few paces as he tried not to overthink everything. But his mind was already telling him that it was a goodbye and that he wouldnt see her again. He frowned a little, walking around a little restless as he kept whispering to himself that it wasnt true. And then he got angry, kicking a chair to the wall as he gritted his teeth, slamming his back against the wall only to groan in pain at his pressed ribs. He slid back down like he hadnt ever moved from the spot. The door opened soon after and he frowned, shaking his head, "Dont do this," he pleaded in anger, but he didnt have a choice in the matter.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 12:08 am

Xander wanted nothing more than to be able to comfort both Aiden and Buffy, but it wasn't really an option right now. Instead he gave Buffy time to breathe, and Aiden the support she needed. He knew his sister needed support as well, but he was at a loss as to how he could help her. He made sure to grab some utensils as well as a couple of glasses. Placing them on the small table in the kitchen he moved over to the fridge, taking out both a carton of ice tea as well as a large bottle of water. Moving over to the table, he sat down, grabbing a plate to fill some of the stir fry over. "Hey, hey," he said as he saw she was starting to shiver, placing a hand on her back and scooting closer to her. He took her hand, frowning as he wasn't quite sure what to do or say in this case. He just wanted to show that he was there for her, and that it was alright to not be alright at this moment. "Remember to breathe," he said in a gentle voice, starting to breathe as she would have to to calm down. He might be clueless at times, but the body, he knew about. He knew how to calm it and make the best of a person that would be on the verge of breaking down. "Inhale," he said in a soft and guiding voice, making sure to keep eye contact with her. "Hold," he said, doing the same as he was trying to guide her through. "And exhale," he said, breathing out. He smiled at her, and though the smile was a little sad, he knew that it was only because of the circumstance. The happiness he felt looking at her in general was still there, but he was always saddened to see her cry. And he felt like he had already seen her cry too many times at this point since getting to know her.

Buffy kept dreaming, dreaming of strange figures, some grabbing at her. A black pit, dark arms reaching out from the pit and trying to pull her under the black tar like substance they were emerging from. She felt like screaming, but her body in the real world was paralyzed. Then she felt a hand on her shoulder, but as she turned to look all she saw was a couple of blue-grey eyes. "Please ... Help me," she pleaded with the unknown figure. She couldn't make out the face or anything about this figure, only the eyes striking her so powerfully. It looked like the figure nodded, but she couldn't be sure, and soon she saw light surround her. Before she knew it, she woke up in her bed, a thin layer of sweat on her body. She looked to where the figured had grabbed on to her, her eyes widening as she saw a faint mark with an unknown symbol in it. It didn't look like the symbols that Baal had on his hand, and she most certainly hadn't gone to bed with it.

At first it was dark, then there was a small hint of light and before she knew it she was moving around a place she couldn't recall. Hiding from a few guards, she giggled to herself, but that was when she could sense him near. Her head turning like a puppy getting summoned, smiling as she started bolting down the strange hallways. They didn't look like a normal hallway though, more like black bricks forming a narrow set of roads underground. Or she guessed they were underground. Turning a corner she saw him, her eyes widening as she giggled a little, walking closer she could see the confusion in the guard's eyes, because right now she looked rather strange. She looked like a black figure covered in white marks of ancient symbols that no-one could remember what meant. "Belial?" she said innocently, however the voice coming from this form was hollow and sounding more masculine. "Fear not," she said. The figure was rather large, hunching over in the rather large hallway. Reaching it's hand forward, she grabbed his hand, the symbols shining a blinding light. "Come with me," the figure said.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 12:57 am

Aiden felt his hand on her back and she felt the sobs sneak up on her once again but then he had grabbed her hand and guided her on how to breathe. She looked up at him, feeling her breath tremble as she followed his instructions, breathing in deeply to then hold it for a bit before exhaling. She almost automatically did it a few times till she felt calm enough to not just fall back into crying. She dried her eyes as she looked up at him with thankful eyes, touching his cheek gently. "I'm lucky to have you," she whispered in a vulnerable tone before she turned her eyes back to the plates. She sat down, holding onto his hand when she didnt feel like letting go, staring a little at the pan while she seemed a little absentminded. She blinked after a while before she squeezed his hand, "Could this whole ordeal with the daemons maybe turn out to be in our favor?" she asked, frowning a little as she thought it was a stretch. She made a small sigh, thinking she must be sounding mad. She shook her head, looking down at the plate of food, "I mean... The seraphim couldnt turn their own kind away when they're in need? Even those who are just half seraph..." she pondered, biting her lip a little as her frown grew a little deeper.

He wasnt sure what he was looking at, had it been some daemonic creature to harm him, he wouldnt allow it. It told him not to fear but how could he not? The guards didnt seem to recognize it either and that was what worried him. He didnt want to follow it, he wanted to get to Buffy, tell her what he had been trying to tell her all this time with actual words. He hadnt seen this shadowy figure before, for all he knew it could be danger. But as it reached for his hand, he didnt pull away in time, feeling it's grip on him. He frowned as he ground his teeth, hoping that this wasnt just some ploy from the daemons to trick him. "Where are you taking me?" he asked but nonetheless he followed.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 1:31 am

She said she was lucky to have him, but he felt it went both ways. Without her he didn't think he would've ever trusted anyone after what Nahia had done. Aiden was truly one that he could not live without, but he was still taking it rather slow. He had yet to kiss her, yet to touch her the way that his inner self craved. However his need to heal had gotten in the way, his fear of touch ruining many moments. And yet he liked having it rather innocent, like a childhood crush of some sorts. He kept holding her hand, but he couldn't figure out if it was to calm him or her. They just both seemed to rely on each other for strength, making them stronger in their reliance. He scooped some food on to her plate as well before he started digging in. He had spent most of the day, hovering over a large amount of books that had been about a specific plant and it's abilities to heal deep scar tissues. He hummed in a low frequency, smiling a little as he always looked forward coming home and eating whatever Aiden had cooked up. He wasn't trying to keep up the traditional stereotypes, because he was trying to learn. He had almost mastered cutting the mushrooms the way she had taught him. Her question made him frown, chewing as he leaned his head slightly to one side. As she added to her question he nodded in a considerate manner. Swallowing he spoke, looking at the fork in his hand. "Well, I know that I care for you, but my inner seraph also wants to keep you safe," he said. The problem was how the other seraphim would perceive her. "That being said, you might be right; If we seraphim are build to protect anyone with a connection to Verity, then that would include you also - even if it's only half of your DNA, I think it might be enough," he said, turning his gaze from his fork to her face. Then it seemed like something in his eyes gained a spark and a more genuine smile came upon his lips. He squeezed her hand slightly. "I'm practically a hybrid too, though I am included and looked upon as a seraph, there is still human in me," he said, nodding as if he was confirming some thought in his head. "Even if I had less than average seraph DNA, I would still be considered a nephilim," he explained, taking a sip of his water before looking back at her. He felt his heart beat faster. "What you are could be considered both nephilim and cambion, a hybrid yes, but if we could prove your percentage of nephilim to be larger than the cambion, or at least within the margin of 50%, we would have to take you in as our own," he said, his face lighting up as he got up from the chair, kneeling down beside hers, placing a hand against her cheek. "You're truly a genius; because if they feel a need to protect you, like I do, then there is a great percentage of you that we cannot deny in the matter of it all," he said, chuckling as he felt silly. How hadn't he thought of this? The primal instinct to protect one of their own would be a clear indicator as to where she truly belonged. He leaned forward, placing his forehead against hers, smiling softly.

She knew he must've been a little startled, but it seemed like the guards were as well. Knowing this form of her was rather unusual it was clear it would be taken at looking almost like a deity. "Close your eyes," she instructed him when he asked where they were going. For now she could not disclose much, she needed to do this before the fenix would break the bond. "I'm taking you to one that you need to heal," she said, smiling to herself, yet it would not show in this form. One of her white marks started shining brighter, making her nod as if it told her everything she needed. "Think of her, she can hear you as long as I'm touching you," she instructed, opening a portal that would allow them to traverse without being noticed. It was nothing like the abyss from where the daemons drew their summons, nor was it like the heavenly light from where the seraphim summoned their strength. It was more like grey shadows. "Keep your eyes closed, you cannot trust them here; speak only to your light and I will manage the rest," she said calmly, leading them through the grey space. Sounds of waves hitting the sand could be heard, a calming wind rushing through the trees, and then a brief silence before the sounds of cars could be heard. "Just a little longer," she promised, feeling her voice strain a little. She was not used to having people traverse this area with her, nor was she trusting of the fact that he wouldn't just let go and forever be lost in this realm.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 2:15 am

She thought her thoughts would have been something weird, that it was just some wild hope that would lead no where. But as he seemed to pick up on her thought and even speak of a possibility, she felt her eyes water, not with sadness but happy tears as she listened to him. She scoffed as he laid it out pretty well; Prove to the seraphim that she was more seraph than daemon and she could be gained the allowance she needed. She scoffed at first, thinking she might just have imagined the revelation that he spoke of. She started chuckling a little as he touched her cheek, leaning into his hand as his words warmed her heart. "This way, we can let Buffy do what she's supposed to, while we make sure I'll have the protection I need," she said, making a small chuckle, though she felt knocked down from before, her chuckle sounded relieved. She placed a hand over his, closing her eyes for a bit as she made a deep sigh. "This gives me hope," she whispered quietly, making a faint smile.

He closed his eyes as she instructed him to, but he still felt the fear in his system like an ice grasp around his soul. Could he really just trust this creature that he didnt know the intentions of? Her words were probably supposed to calm his nerves but it just struck confusion on top of what he was already feeling, "Heal?" he whispered in utter confusion, frowning his brows but he kept his eyes closed still, even if he didnt trust her fully. He could see the shine through his lids, wondering if it would have hurt to have his eyes open. He felt the weird energy from passing through the portal in a sense he had only felt around his wrist before when he would pull his beast out from the hell-realm. This time however, he felt it around his body, a cold feeling when you were somewhere you werent supposed to be. It was like feeling prickles all over from an unknown electricity in the air. All the time he chose not to consider where he may be, but just hope that he was being led to her. "Please just lead me to her," he begged in a quiet tone, still keeping his eyes closed. He heard sounds of what would seem to be some sort of distraction, a lure to make him open his eyes and follow the curiosity as to what his surroundings may be. "That's all I want," he whispered faintly, swallowing hard as he kept fighting his mind's urge to look around.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 1:08 pm

"Aiden, you're truly brilliant; they would be stupid to deny your talents," Xander said in a comforting tone, running his thumb along her cheekbone. He felt his heart beat faster as he looked at her, wondering if he was wasting time not acting on these feelings because of his panic. "Can I kiss you?" he whispered. Those were huge words for him, but he feared he couldn't follow through unless he asked. He felt relieved, and part of him just wanted to try it. No one had really touched him much since the whole ordeal with the vampyre, he even had his limits with Aiden. Swallowing he looked down, feeling a little stupid for asking, however for him, he needed to know that she wanted what he wanted. He couldn't just take, couldn't just jump in to the unknown like he could before. He wanted so badly to show her that he loved her, that what he felt for her hadn't subsided just because of his fears. Xander found it hard to explain why he felt the need more powerful now than before, probably because deep down he feared he might never get the chance again.

"Patience," she instructed, hearing his plea did not make it easier for her. It was relatively easy for her to move around this realm by herself, but having another being with her, she felt a pull. Like carrying something heavy on her back, weighing her down. "Don't open your eyes, it's not far; Think of her, think of your light," she encouraged him. The more he focussed on getting to her, the easier it would be for her to focus. Opening another portal she stepped through with him, this time it was back to the real world. She felt her body tremble, the journey taking a toll on her body, but somehow she knew it would be worth it. "Don't be startled, I don't look the same, but it is still me; open your eyes," she said calmly, however she was still holding on to his wrist. It was what grounded her until the after effects of the other realm would subside. She looked like a young adolescence, her looks very much fitting the time right now. Her blue-grey eyes shining slightly in the darkness. "It's not far, you can recognize the city, yes?" she asked, looking around they were in the Southern District, fairly close to the Central one. She stood for a while, raising her eyebrows at him as if she was reading something inside of him. "I hope you don't mind a little walk, however you have to be calm; the realm you passed to belongs to neither the dead nor the living, so it might take a toll on you," she explained. Seeing as he was already pretty beaten up.

Buffy felt her heart beat increase, looking at the mark on her wrist, she stumbled out of bed, probably making a lot of noise to those in the kitchen. "Baal," she whispered in a slurred voice, falling to the floor as she felt her body ache.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 2:01 pm

Her smile grew a little brighter at his words, holding her hand over his as she thought about it. She wanted to feel relieved but at the same time, they had to prove now that she was more seraph than daemon and there was risks as to what if she wasnt. “Thank you Xander,” she mumbled a little shyly as he seemed to give her so much praise. She closed her eyes to exhale in a tremble, just feeling his hand caress her cheek. His question made her open her eyes to look into his. She made a small frown as she worried he was asking out of fear of not seeing her again. But at the same time, her body was telling her not to think about that and let him. “Only if it’s because you feel ready, and not because you worry you wont see me again,” she said, her mind dreading that she would deny herself to feel his lips on hers, but she meant her words. She loved him, more than she would realize, and that was what kept her from acting on selfish needs.

This realm was terifying, he felt the pulls from the surroundings and it wasnt just a physical pull. It felt like they easily reached under his skin and pulled at his soul, but their touches where cold and he felt his focus stagger a but for every cold hand. He just kept thinking of Buffy, thinking of their promise and hope that he was being led to her and not just left here in this nothingness. He felt the passing through the portal to the real world like those icy grip disappearing all at once, but he felt so tired. Not just his body but his soul. Her words made him frown, the same? He opened his eyes in confusion as he looked at her, swallowing hard, “Who?” He asked, not being able to not want to figure out who she was.
His eyes turned to the city, exhaling deeply as he recognized everything. So he wasnt far from her now. At least that could calm his mind. “Yes,” he replied quietly to her question, looking back at her. He placed a hand over his wound that seemed to burn a little, but it wasnt too bad, “I need to get to her, fast,” he argued when she warned him to be calm for the sake of his wounds. She had to know that the last thing he thought of in the moment was selfcare, for all he knew the daemons would already be looking for him. He looked ahead, gritting his teeth in pain before he exhaled, “Thank you,” he said before he started walking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another day another trouble   Another day another trouble - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Another day another trouble
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next