Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

For better or for worse [cw]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 11:26 am

It was a complicated situation and he hadnt even gotten to the point where he truly believed he was a danger to her. Because even as they sat there next to each other, there was that sudden and subtle urge like he used to feel whenever he was near a seraph, to just somehow hurt her. He really despised the feeling, but he couldnt do anything else than try to ignore it. Holding her hand and looking at her marks, just reminding himself over and over that she was also daemon seemed to help those dark thoughts. He looked at her as she looked at him to see those teary eyes and it made his heart hurt. He didnt want to see her sad, shaking his head at her whimper. "I can only  ever love you," he assured her without a doubt, letting go of her hand to wrap his arms around her. "And I'm sorry for my absence, I dont mean to hurt you like this," he said as he gently rubbed the side of her shoulder with his palm, leaning in to kiss her head carefully. "I will make things right, I promise, my little love" he whispered into her hair before he closed his eyes and just held her for as long as she needed.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

Full name : Amadeus Alexander Loviatar
Quote : I always get what I want.

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 11:27 am

At this point in time, not saying the truth would just mean that he would eventually just get more frustrated. And he was quite sure that his mother eventually would tire of hearing him complain about the same thing over and over when he wasnt even trying to do something about it. Now it was out and he felt bitter for not having taken the precautions. "Fucking Connor..." he whispered in annoyance, frowning a little before he shook his head. "... I know he's your cousin and all, but he's such a dick," he just said with a sigh. He listened to Buffy and though it was clearly hurting him, he tried quite desperately to play it off by rolling his eyes. "But we're not going to leave her. That's the whole point of the bond to begin with," he pointed out, grabbing a glass to dry off. He stared at it for a while before he shook his head. "If she would just listen to what I have to say, she'd understand," he said like he was so sure of it. But that was him presuming she'd understand the ways of being a daemon.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

Full name : Saoirse Lowenna Elior

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 11:55 am

He pulled her in to his embrace, and it was all she had needed for this whole time. She had needed her father to hold her close, tell her that he was always going to be there, that he loved her, because she had been so scared that it wasn't the case. That everyone would leave eventually. That she would be alone, and no one would want to go near her. She just sobbed in to his chest, hugging herself closer as she was so desperate to feel loved by him. It wasn't easy being her, not saying that others didn't have it tough, but she was so easy to spot in the crowd. Mostly people just avoided her, either that or they got a crazy obsession with her, being around her all the time and it wasn't that attention she wanted. "I love you daddy," she said in a weak voice against his chest. She had mostly called him daddy when she was smaller, growing out of it a bit as she looked older, but she missed being his little girl. He had just been so different back then, or at least it felt like it.
A lot of Saoirse's early memories were hard for her to remember, but she could remember glimpses. Like the nights where Connor and Amos would be there and she would run between them, playing some game her toddler self had invented. How her mother and father would sit close, Baal leaning down to whisper something in Buffy's ear and making her blush. It was that feeling of family and unity she missed. She felt like the whole family had been split up as she had grown, and because it collated with her. It made her feel less than. Made her feel like she was the bad guy in all of this, and that eventually people would figure that out and leave her one by one.
She sat in his arms, just feeling him close until she was ready to get up and join the others in the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre
Quote : The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes.

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 11:55 am

Buffy sighed at Amos' words. Connor wasn't obligated to lock his life away for Saoirse, but how could she describe that to the daemon? "To be fair, you aren't making it easy for yourself; You want Saoirse for yourself, but get angry that Connor is seeing someone else?" she commented before shaking her head. She had been so frustrated with Connor after finding out what had happened. She felt like the boys had taken advantage of Saoirse, that they should've been the voice of reason in all of this, but in the end she knew her daughter was safe and loved. "I know you're not going to leave her, but remember that Saoirse hasn't had as much life experience as the two of you ... She's in many ways so smart, and other ways she still has a lot of learning to do," she reminded him. Regarding his last statement she just sighed and shrugged. She couldn't promise that her daughter would understand, because even thought Saoirse had been so good with giving the boys the space they needed, it was clear she sought them when she was weak. "My daughter loves you, Amos, unconditional love and she'll forgive you for all your mistakes no matter what, because that is how she is," she said, putting a pot of water to boil to make some rice. "I don't think either of you understand the power you have over each other ... I know you would never hurt her, but I know that she would even forgive you if you did," she said. Although she didn't like to think of it, it was just how reality was for them.
Buffy looked up as she saw Baal and Saoirse coming in to the kitchen. "Hi baby," she smiled at her daughter who still had dried tears on her cheek. Saoirse was silent, looking down as she was afraid that Amos was going to scold her or call her a brat.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 12:21 pm

"Well if I didnt have to share I wouldnt. The least he can do is try to make her happy, because it's not really that hard," he said with a shrug. Maybe that was just how he saw things but it wasnt like he thought Saoirse was demanding too much. He had believed it at first when he was so desperate to push her away but ever since he embraced how he was feeling, it was like things fell into place. The reminder made him sigh as he placed the glass on the counter, grabbing a few utensils to dry off as well. "I just dont want to hurt her, that's my whole point," he said with a sigh just as Saoirse and Baal came in. He looked at Baal with a sour expression but it wasnt anything knew, but his eyes turned sad the moment he looked at Saoirse. "Can we talk?" he asked but it was almost like he was begging without the tone, placing the things he had dried off in their rightful places, placing the dishtowel down on the counter after drying off his hands.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 12:31 pm

Buffy added the rice to the boiling water, thanking Amos for helping clean as she went on to cut some vegetables for the dinner. If Baal wanted to help, she would have him mince some mushrooms.

Saoirse looked up at Amos as he asked if they could talk, swallowing as she felt nervous, but ultimately nodding. She wasn't really sure what to say, so she just walked to him, taking his hand carefully if he would let her, before pulling him softly with her to her room. She closed the door after them, knowing her mother didn't like that, but for now it was probably alright as long as she didn't lock it again. "Before you say anything I want to say I'm sorry," she said, feeling her tears press on once more. She felt like it was always her fault, that her emotions got in the way of everything, and it was not really his fault. "I just love you so much, and ... And I got jealous and sad, and I'm sorry, because I shouldn't have," she said. She was being rather mature about it, but her eyes still stung, a few tears escaping and making her look down. "I don't have any claim on you, I can't force you to be only with me," she mumbled, sniffling slightly as she pulled at her shirt sleeves to cover up her marks. She always did that when she felt insecure.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 12:53 pm

He could tell that he was making her nervous and that hurt a little to know. He just hoped that they could move past this thing that ultimately just was a misunderstanding and not at all her fault in any shape or way. He let her take his hand, even if his pride normally would have stopped him. It was just different with Saoirse, in a way he couldnt explain but ultimately knew. It was the bond and the way they always seemed to somewhat know how the other felt. She closed the door and he drew in a deep breath just as she started out. He listened to her and frowned a little because a part of him thought that she was only saying all this to blame herself rather than look at it from a rational perspective. Not that Amos in any way was a very rational guy, but he had a few things that was led by logical sense. Such as her reacting the way she did out of jealousy. "Well that is the thing. I only want to be with you now. I know what I said back then, I know I made you feel like you werent enough," he said in a rather soft tone which wasnt his usual forté. "I'm a daemon and we have special obligations in life. Such as furthering our kind by arranging marriages and dumb shit like that. It's not what I want, but it's not like I have much of a say. My mother is a leader of one of the orders and if her son is acting out in a rebellious act, she will pay for my mishaps," he explained with a sigh. He looked at her sleeves and lifted the hand he held to put the other over the sleeve and pull up to look at her marks. He carefully ran a finger over one of the swirls. "Her name is Haeven. She's much like you in some ways. But I dont love her, I never could or would," he said as he lifted his gaze from her marks to her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 9:49 am

Saoirse listened to him, because she wanted to understand. He said she was enough, then who was this girl he had been with? She soon enough got her answer, and a few tears escaped her eyes as she understood that he was following orders. Saoirse's existence to the daemon orders were mostly unknown, except for a few trusted, so she never had to follow the rules or even learn them. But why were the Orders splitting her family apart like this? It didn't make sense to her. She was still pulling at her sleeves, until he stepped in, lifting them up to look at her pale markings. Part of her liked them, because it reminded her of who she came from, who her parents were, but on the other hand it was so easy for people to judge her before knowing her. Haeven. It was a beautiful yet strange name. But knowing her name now came with a dilemma.
"You're going to marry her?" she asked. It was better to just get a clear answer, because she felt a little in the wrong here. How would the girl feel? How about the Order, wouldn't they know if Amos wasn't staying true to his promise? She moved closer to him, wrapping her arms around him and holding him tight. She knew he wasn't much for affection like that, but it seemed like he needed that comfort, because she could feel it. Saoirse didn't know if this would be the end of them, of what they had, because in her mind two people who were meant to marry wasn't supposed to see other people. And she was now other people. "If you don't want this, can't your mother do anything? Can't dad?" she asked. The worst thing in life would be if she was denied to be with Amos, it would tear her apart, because she could feel that with Connor right now. He was busy with this other girl, he barely came to visit, and when he did he was either on his phone or talking about something he had done with her. Of course she couldn't blame him for finding someone else, but doing it this way made it seem like everything they had meant nothing. It was like Amos and Connor had flipped, and now Amos was the one over constantly, making dinner or watching movies. Life was just a little strange right now.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 8:24 am

The question made him frown because he felt like he was a piece of shit for having to tell her. He didnt want to marry this other person but would she even believe that? "Yes.." he replied sourly, looking down with sadness in his eyes. It was one word and it stung quite badly as soon as it had left his mouth. He saw her come closer in the corner of his eye, feeling her arms wrap around him. He wasnt usually the type to want physical comfort in a way that didnt include some sort of momentary sexual gratification, but it was okay now under the circumstances. He lifted his arms and wrapped them around her, burying his face in between her neck and shoulder. "If my mother tries to stop it, then she'll lose her power and everything she has worked for will be for nothing. If our dad interfere, they'll stop looking through their fingers with the fact that he isnt shouldnt be allowed to be with Buffy," he explained into her skin, moving his arms closer around her even if he was squeezing her a slight bit. He was scared of losing her if he didnt find a way out of the marriage. "I dont want to marry her, I want to marry you," he mumbled, closing his eyes as he felt the tears press on.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 12:45 pm

She should've known that was going to be the answer, but who could blame her for wishing otherwise? Marriage was something she wasn't too familiar with, but she knew it was something two people who loved each other did to bind them in to a family. She just held him, because that was really all she could do. He explained how neither parent could do anything without the risk of losing something else, and she felt it so unfair to think about. Was there no real justice in this world? He pulled her closer, but she could still breathe normally, however she was feeling the effect of his emotions as she always could. Then he said something that she never would've thought he was capable of saying to her. He wanted to marry her? She felt her mind flood with thousands of questions, a million things that she wanted to say, but instead she just kissed the side of his head. Her body always knew what to do, and in this instance she didn't need to think. "I want to marry you too," she confessed. Of course she had never really given much thought to it, but the idea of being with Amos forever was a good one. "But I don't want to stand in the way of your obligations," she murmured. It was a tough pill to swallow, but it was just the fact of the matter. Saoirse held him close, not wanting to let go until he himself decided to.
"I love you, ahuvi," she whispered looking up at him. She didn't know much of the ancient language that daemons and seraphim knew, but she knew how to say a few things. "And just because you are going to marry someone else, I am not going away - I am not going to stop loving you," she assured him, because she could feel that fear he had. Because in the end she had the same.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 3:51 am

"Good," he whispered back at her confession, lifting his head as he gently rubbed his nose against her forehead while taking in her smell. He really meant his words, even if he believed he wasnt ever fit for settling down and let himself belong to someone. But since he was being forced at this point, he might as well wanted it to be someone he actually wanted to be with. "Please dont say that. I dont have any other obligations than to keep you happy. No order can change that priority," he said because he could tell that she was somewhat doubting, or it felt like she was doubting what the future would be like if the marriage went through.
Her whisper made him sigh deeply, lifting one of his arms to hold her face with one hand. Hearing her speak the ancient tongue he knew by heart was making his heart ache but in a good way. Her assurance made a smile spread on his lips, his hand moving to move some of her hair behind her ear in a loving gesture to then return to hold her so gently. "I hope you wont. Because I dont want anyone else but you, ahuvati shelli," he said, his voice lowering down to a whisper by the time he reached the end of his words. He leaned down to kiss her, a tender but small kiss just to show how he felt. "So this Haeven girl or whoever she is. She has to accept that I only want you," he said, because that was the only way he could see how this could work. He then frowned a little as he seemed to realize something, releasing the arm around her but not letting go of her face, pulling out his phone with a deep sigh. "Oh shit, I left Haeven out there...." he mumbled, running a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry, I need to call my mom. She's not really.. Uhhh... someone who's used to being in well... Our world,, kinda like you" he explained, placing his phone at his ear as he called his mother.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 9:34 am

There was something strong in those words, because in the ancient language love was not just something you spoke about lightly. But hearing him return the words made her smile, even though she was sad about the circumstances. Nodding at his statement about Haeven having to accept this, she wondered if her parents ever was. Her mother had been so upset the day she found out about her, Amos and Connor. Her father barely had a reaction. It was tough to read them, because she sometimes felt so disconnected from them. They were her parents, they loved her, but were they ever going to see that what her and Amos had wasn't just some weird bond?
He then seemed to panic, but if he really meant the fact that Haeven barely got out, she could only imagine how scared the girl was, because Saoirse had been very much the same back when she was still learning. "Alright, we'll find her," she just said in a calm voice, letting Amos call his mother before she went out in to the kitchen. She looked at her parents, seeing how her mother was discreetly holding her father's hand, her head leaned against the tall daemon's arm as they spoke soft words to one another. "Mommy, daddy ... Amos has left a friend downtown, and she is probably a little scared to be alone; Do you think you could come help look for her?" she asked, feeling like she was intruding on an intimate moment.
Buffy turned around, looking at their daughter as she spoke, frowning at the mention of Amos' friend. Was this the one that Saoirse had gotten hurt over? "I don't think me going out would help very much ... Belial, do you think you could help them?" she asked. Baal had used his summons to find people before, maybe he could do that again, unless he felt too weak. Saoirse looked to her father with hopeful eyes.

Meanwhile Amos was getting a scolding over the phone as Alyssa was headed out to find the poor summoner that he had just so recklessly left. "You better be on your way out to find her," she said through gritted teeth, but it was mostly because she had promised that the girl would be her responsibility. And if anything happened to Haeven, Alyssa would have to face the consequences.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 10:59 pm

It really just seemed like nothing had changed between the two of them. Beside the obvious need to be close to each other, the subtle touches while they were talking about all and nothing. Baal was expressing his confusion with some ingredient in the dish Buffy was making, but it all seemed to stem from his lack of understanding when it came to seasoning. He turned his head to look at Saoirse as she stood in the door, his smile lingering on his lips till his daughter mentioned a missing girl. He sighed and nodded at Buffy's question, leaning in to kiss her cheek before he looked at Saoirse. "I can try. It's been a while since I've last used my summons, so I'm not sure they'll work in my favour. But they can find this girl," he said, looking shortly to Buffy as he was still holding onto her hand. It was paining him to let go but he knew he had to. Once they were outside, he looked at the mark in his hand and lifted it to bite into it and draw blood, crouching down as he started drawing his mark. He chanted a few words in the daemonic tongue before the blood seemed to sink into the ground and a void opened. He reached down into it and pulled out a red eyed beast. It snapped after him but he was quick to grab it by the ears and keep it in place, mumbling a few daemonic threats to it. "Who is this girl?" he asked, looking at Saoirse and then Amos.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 11:06 pm

Amos knew his mother wouldnt be happy to hear that Haeven was missing, but frankly he might have been hoping to hear that she had found her or something so there wasnt anything to worry about. But her harsh words made him groan, looking down as he felt a little ashamed. This wasnt just a small thing like all the other times he had done something, this was far more serious than just a teenage rebellion. "I'll be looking for her, Saoirse is going to ask Buffy and Baal to help," he assured her in a quiet tone. Only his mother could make him quiet down like that. He came out just as Baal had agreed to help, going with them outside. He watched his father draw out the hellhound and he frowned a little as it seemed to be unhappy with it's master. The question made him sigh. "She's a summoner like you. I dont know if that helps, but..." and then he started describing down to every detail in his mind what she looked like. Baal just seemed to nod before he made a daemonic demand towards his hound that growled angrily like it was ready to attack, but then Baal let go and the beast ran off.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 11:25 pm

Buffy let them walk out, sending a longing glance at Baal, but she knew he would be back soon enough. Saoirse looked at her father's hound, the red glowing eyes were beady and it certainly didn't look pleased. There was something in her that made her feel like she knew that creature, without really knowing it. Like she knew where it had been drawn from, what powers it held. The hound ran off, and the trybrid stood in awe for a second before the three of them set off after the wild creature.
It was hard to follow, weaving in and out of streets, following a trail that seemed so unreliable, yet she had to have faith in the fact that they would find the girl. If Haeven was really as new to this world as Amos described, then she was afraid what might've happened to her. With it came the guilt. She had been the one to drive Amos away from his duties. She had been too caught up in her own emotions to even think that other people mattered. It left a sour taste in her mouth, and she stopped shortly to gasp for air, before continuing to run after the hound.
Sure enough it was leading them the right way, but what they saw was a strange passing, one that the trybrid had no words to describe. The hound lounged forward, snapping out at the summoner, pinning her down by her neck, but she said no words. Instead, Saoirse started screaming, falling to her knees in the alleyway as she clawed at her neck to get the beast off. Only there was no beast, it's teeth were sunken in to Haeven's pale neck, but it was Saoirse's neck that was bleeding. She felt like her vision was turning black, small spots clouding her from seeing, tears running down her cheeks as she laid on the ground whimpering and screaming in pain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 11:26 pm

As soon as Amos had left, Haeven had started to panic. At first she thought he would be right back, pacing around the fountain where he had left her, but she was feeling unsure. Would he return? And as panic had spread more rapidly through her body she had tried to find her way back to Alyssa's home. She had tried navigating the narrow streets and the endless alleyways, but in the end she had found herself more lost than before. Not only that, she was feeling drained, hungry for souls, but she had no real intention of attacking anyone, so to be safe she just stayed in the alley. It was only when the hound came bolting around the corner that she felt some sort of relief, but then she saw the pretty blonde woman that Amos had ran after, her eyes locking on her as the hound went for her own neck. It wasn't intentional. She wasn't trying to hurt the strange young woman, but her body reacted more out of necessity. A need to survive. So her ability kicked in, projecting the pain and violence on to the innocent young woman. Haeven heard her scream, the weight of the hound barely noticeable as she stared at the summoner and Amos. Her eyes were empty, in survival mode, and to keep any of them from being in pain, Baal would have to regain control of his hound.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 11:57 pm

Watching the hound run off into the city, it was easy for a summoner to keep track of it. It was like the connection was strong, always letting both know where the other were. He kept them updated on when the hound were making turns, though he could feel how weak he had grown on having spent all that time at the temple. Not that he needed much but the choice in really just staying within the walls of the temple had kicked him out of shape. He signaled for the others to continue, telling them where to head as he stopped to catch his breath. The connection felt a little unstable but he hadnt thought that his hound would act out of line. Only was he gravely wrong. He resumed his running, catching up to the alley as he heard Saoirse's scream that made his heart churn. Had something happened? He got closer, just to see his daughter squirm as if the hound was on her, but it wasnt the case. He quickly ran to his beast to yank it off the other summoner, wrestling with it to keep it calm, but ultimately the last option was to send it back to the Abyssus where it came from. He saw Haeven and frowned a little but his mind was preoccupied with Saoirse, and the fact that he had harmed her. His heart felt broken but he was barely in touch with his feelings in the moment over seer shock. Amos was already with his daughter and he should have expected the daemon to lash out in anger at his approach. Instead Baal went to check on Haeven, looking at her with sorrowful eyes. "Wish I could say that it was good to see you Haeven," he said in a saddened tone, pulling out his phone to call Alyssa, unsure what he was going to tell Buffy. That he had done what he had been fearing to do the whole time?
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 11:58 pm

The hound was pretty fast but Amos didnt find it too difficult. But he was also quite athletic if not by nature so this wasnt really more than a small stroll for him. He was far too busy worrying whether they'd find Haeven or not, because if they wouldnt and someone from the order found her instead, the amount of trouble his mother would be in wouldnt be something he could make amends for to fix. They reached an alleyway and Baal had fallen behind but Amos made sure to keep up with Saoirse. Watching the beast jump Haeven like that and then hear Saoirse scream made him fully panic, because he couldnt understand what was truly happening. He saw the blood on Saoirse's neck, his eyes widening as he looked at the hound, noticing the lack of blood from the otherwise violent encounter with the summoner. He went to the hound to grab it, but it was like the unholy power in it was hurting him. "Let go you stupid fucking dog!" he screamed, but it was to no avail. It wasnt till Baal appeared and pulled at it with a dark command that the beast finally let go. Amos quickly went to Saoirse, wrapping his hands around her neck to stop the bleeding. "Saoirse, no n-no... Noooo please no" he whimpered, looking at her with a panicked look in his eyes. Baal approaching them made the pureblood look at his father with hate in his eyes. "Dont fucking come any closer!" he hissed in warning, looking back at Saoirse as tears filled his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 12:16 am

Saoirse could do nothing but scream and cry, clawing at her neck as if it would help, only scratching at the blood flowing from it. Was this how it was going to end? She barely felt Amos coming to her aid, but she could hear him calling for her. And she could feel his pain and fear. How strange that it was actually hurting more than the actual wounds now in her delicate skin. The hound was pulled off of the summoner, and with it came some form of relief for the young trybrid. It didn't stop the bleeding, but it at least didn't make it worse - and just her luck, as any more would've made the hound's fangs pierce her vital neck artery.
She cried, looking up at Amos, but she felt so exhausted, not even being able to speak. She just whimpered, trying to hold herself together, but the pain lingered, and it was as if every time she blinked she would flinch in fear that the pressure that Amos was providing would return to the painful feeling of teeth in her neck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 12:17 am

Haeven barely reacted, getting on to her feet before snapping out of her mental state. It was only then that she realized what had happened, her eyes widening as she wanted to go over and help, but ultimately she couldn't really do anything. The summoner that approached her was a stranger, but it was clear to her that he had a much higher rank than her, making her bow her head. He knew her name? Had they met before? She wondered that as she watched him make a phone call, and with her hearing, she could clearly hear Alyssa's voice at the other end.
The empusa arrived shortly, but before tending to Baal and Haeven, she went to her son. She helped him apply pressure to Saoirse's wounds, showing him how to bind it with some gauze she had brought because Baal had sounded out of it. She didn't know who thought it was a wise idea to let the summoner even bring out his hound when he was in a state like this, but alas she couldn't really yell at anyone with her son this upset. Alyssa wasn't heartless when it came to her family, and her son's happiness was the most important part of it all. "We'll need to call off that wedding ... She's far too unstable," she mumbled to her son, glancing over at Haeven. The Haeven that Alyssa had known had better control, she didn't want to hurt anyone, and right now she looked almost unbothered. But perhaps it was just the empusa seeing things. "Get Saoirse home now, call for her healer family, they might be able to help better than us," she said rather matter of factly before stepping closer to Baal. She grabbed him by his shirt, holding a firm grasp around the fabric as her eyes looked in to his, piercing through his very soul. "Are you in control?" she asked seriously. She needed to know, because if his artifact was acting up, that was the first priority. If not, she would look at Haeven with a sigh, grabbing her arm before pulling her with her. "We should've ended this a long time ago, little dove," she mumbled.
Haeven was confused, being pulled around she was used to, but why did everyone presume that she was someone she knew? "Please tell me what is going on," she said, her eyes pleading as she looked at Alyssa and then Baal.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 12:30 am

He was thankful that his mother came to their aid but then again, she had always seemed to be the one who knew what to do the moment she'd arrive. His heart was still broken but he managed to look at his mother with something thankful underneath all the vulnerability. He let Alyssa wrap the trybrid's neck, shaking his head at her mumble, but that damned wedding was the last of his concerns now. He lifted Saoirse up once her neck was safely bound, feeling tears run down his cheeks. "Call Buffy. Tell her we're coming. I dont want to surprise her," he said in almost a weak tone, taking the car as he put her in the passenger seat and got in. He drove rather quickly but was also mindful to not make any sudden turns. He soon arrived at the house and felt his lip tremble as he stared into the steering wheel for a second, "This is all my fault," he mumbled to himself before he decided to pull himself together. One thing was crying in front of his mother, he just wouldnt do it in front of anyone. And if Buffy's family was coming over, then he definitely had to control his emotions.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 12:38 am

Everything seemed to happen so fast but Baal had not managed to call Buffy and tell her what had happened. It was just like the guilt and shame had gripped a hard grip on him. He saw Alyssa and he would have aided them in helping Saoirse if it wasnt because he knew that Amos wouldnt hesitate to jump him out of anger. It was better to just stay behind, hold onto Haeven so she would stay where she was. He could tell that she was confused but it wasnt exactly the right situation to be conversing about the past. Not when Saoirse was hurting and he knew it was his fault. He watched Amos walk off with Saoirse before he felt Alyssa's grip on his shirt, frowning as he looked at her. Did he seem like someone who was fully in control? Even if the artifact wasnt acting up it didnt matter. His answer would have been the same regardless. "I should've never come home," he mumbled, shaking his head to answer her question. He looked at the blood on the ground, frowning to himself. The repulse was getting stronger as his emotions were completely out of control.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre
Quote : The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes.

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 1:02 am

Buffy had gotten the call from Alyssa shortly after Amos had left. She was confused. What had happened? Opening the door, she let Amos carry in her daughter, and Buffy expelled a distressed sound, clearing her daughter's bed to let her lay down. "My baby, what has happened to you?" she hushed as Saoirse started crying. The poor trybrid was still very much in shock from the pain, clutching on to Amos' hand, giving it a slight squeeze, hoping he would explain.
Buffy was distraught to say the least, calling over her aunt and Xander. Both were extremely well-trained healers at this point, and she had every faith in them. Her brother arrived first, having his bag with him as always. He pulled his sister in to his arms shortly, kissing her hair, mumbling a soft reassuring sentence about how it was all going to be alright. Xander stepped in to the room, seeing his niece there on the bed made his heart hurt, but he was still unsure how he felt about Amos. He had met the guy often, but never really interacted with him. Instead of saying anything, he placed down his bag, rummaging through it until he found some ointments along with a small vial of valkyrie tears. He wasn't sure how severe the damage was, but better safe than sorry. "I need to have a look at her neck," he said, knowing it meant that Amos would have to move away, but he wasn't demanding that he left the room.
If Xander was granted the permission he would sit down on the bed with Saoirse, inspecting the gauze and nodding a bit. Whoever had done it had experience. "Hi there," he said in a soothing voice, and the trybrid looked at her uncle with sad eyes. "I know, it hurts ... Don't worry, uncle Xander's gonna take that pain away and make you smile again, alright?" he said. He had always loved kids, and having a niece had at first scared him. Sometimes even to the point of refusing to hold her when she was just a baby. But now things were easier for him. He had worked through a lot of problems, and him and Aiden were doing relatively well. "It's going to hurt for a bit, but then I promise you'll be fine," he said, lifting the small vial with tears to the trybrid's lips. Saoirse drank it reluctantly, just a few drops to make the bleeding stop. Xander wanted to feel her neck, check if anything was out of place or broken.
Meanwhile Buffy roamed the kitchen, tears falling down her cheeks as she had a hard time wrapping her head around all of this. Bitemarks. She had seen such bitemarks before. Her mother had been mauled to death by a lycan, and to think if her daughter would meet a similar fate. She shook her head, trying to get herself out of that mindset. Going over she grabbed a glass from the cupboard, walking over to the sink to poor herself some water. However her hands were shaking so much that she dropped the glass in the sink, and she just stood there staring at it as it dawned on her what bitemarks meant. The hound. She felt a chill go down her spine, because Baal hadn't called. Had he lost control? She pulled up her sleeves of her shirt to look at the spot left from their bond, and it was still there. So she hadn't lost him. Yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 1:02 am

Haeven was still as confused as ever, the other summoner seemed out of it, and just as she opened her mouth to say something, her eyes widened as a spear came flying through her skull. The spearhead stopping inches from Baal's face, and the female summoner sunk to the ground as Alyssa stood in shock as to what had just occurred. She looked around, no one was around, and Haeven's ability hadn't even kicked in. The summoner was soon enough getting swallowed by dark flames, sinking her in to the abyss. Her eyes blank, dead as could be, blood running down her face as she hadn't even gotten a chance to say the words lingering on her lips. "That wasn't just any spear," she mumbled. She was trying to contain her emotions, but inside her heart was breaking all over again. She had just gotten Haeven back, and now this? She was shaking slightly as she grabbed Baal by the arm, moving away from the alley. "That was an artifact from the abyssus," she mumbled, but they had to hurry. Such a daemonic entity could awaken something far scarier inside of Baal if she couldn't get him outside of the city in time.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 4:35 am

With Saoirse and Amos gone, it was only a matter of what they were supposed to do now. Baal frankly just wanted to get back to the temples, but he could tell that Haeven was confused. He looked at her just to be met by a spearhead that suddenly came out of Haeven's head, so fast that he wasnt even sure what had just happened. He stammered a couple of incomprehensible words of distress in their native tongue, watching the daemoness fall dead to the ground and disappear. The dark power from that flowed from the thing made the artifact inside of him react. He groaned in pain and placed a hand over his chest where a faint glow would be visible if he hadnt been wearing a shirt. "I know," he mumbled to her mumble, only following because he didnt know what else to do. His mind felt like it was in shambles, hurting Saoirse, seeing Haeven, seeing the artifact kill Haeven, not calling Buffy. It was clouding his mind to have all these loose thoughts and not knowing what to do with them. "We cant go back to the temple," he said, shaking his head. He had to stop, drawing in a deep breath as he turned to a barren wall next to them. He drew his mark in a motion so fast that he worried the blood wouldnt smear correctly. But soon enough the void opened and he pulled out a hooded figure, who soon revealed their face as simply a skull. "Masteeeeerr.. It-t-t-t-t-t-t's been a whileeeeeee..." it wailed to then let out a shrieking chuckle, the one a maniac would normally make. "Our time is scarce. Keep a lookout above or serve as a distraction," Baal commanded in their daemonic tongue, looking at the flying figure with a stern expression. It clattered it's teeth and hovered above them. "Fineeeeee. Only because my life is on t-t-t-the line tooooooo.." and so the minion flew up to the rooftops and hovered around, looking out as the siblings made their way out of town.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

For better or for worse [cw]
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next