Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Stay out of it

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
Rhys

Rhys

Full name : Rhys Kaine

Stay out of it  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 10:45 am

Wow, she was truly bitter, huh? He wondered what had made her the freedom fighter that she saw herself as right now. Regardless, he got her name. Emily. Nothing too unordinary. Her comment to his name made him chuckle softly, "are you disappointed that my name isn't something scarier like Ace or Bruce?" he asked in a small scoff, turning his head to look at her while they walked. The people in the park seemed to avoid him, not even daring looking in his way. But she looked right at him. It made him more curious. "But no, it's not a nickname," he confirmed, looking ahead, guiding them around the pond to a more quiet area with trees. "I've been told it's a family name, though I don't think I've ever heard stories about this other Rhys," he confessed, shrugging as names wasn't really something he thought much of. Except for maybe hers, because of his curiosity.
"When you're not working .. What do you like to do?" he asked. It was a simple question, a standard one even, but it was clear he wanted to know more about her. She had an air of mystery to her that he really wanted to figure out. And if he could just keep her talking, then things would be alright.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Full name : Emmeline Jacobs
Quote : How can someone be cold as a corpse when they’re this hot?

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 11:17 am

“You’re not scary.” She just replied, though it seemed that everyone else would disagree. Either this guy was widely known by everyone or something was up. And she felt like she wanted to figure that out. It wasnt a nickname? She just nodded. She did keep an eye out on where they were going, because she wasnt sure she really trusted him. But the pond wasnt actually so bad, it looked serene and made her wonder if he came around here often? Maybe to get away from everyone who seemed to run at the sight of him?
“I was named after my great grandma Emmeline, but they never really told me anything about her either.” She shrugged, moving her eyes from him and out on the pond. He asked quite a lot of leading questions, though she was still quite a bit suspicious of him. “I dont know. I used to like a lot of things. Like fashion, reading magazines, planning out my next outfit like it really mattered.” She explained, though it was quite clear that she wasnt like that anymore. Or so she told herself, pulling softly at the cloth strip of her bag around her shoulder. “I get home and I feed the stray cat in my area.” Was all that she could say for her life now, even if it sounded so different.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 11:28 am

He wasn't scary? He found that hard to believe. He had been called a monster his whole life, and she was the first person to actually talk with him. Although it perhaps wasn't as willingly as he thought it was. "Emmeline," he repeated, nodding to himself. It sounded like a fancy name, like one for a rich kid. But she didn't look like she was dripping in money, though looks weren't everything.
Her words speaking about who she had used to be didn't really interest him. He wanted to know how she was right now. And as she said what she did he couldn't help but chuckle, nodding to himself. Of course she was feeding stray cats. She seemed like she was just one walking helper of the needy. "So you're a saint?" he asked in a light tease, stopping as they reached a bench. He sat down, looking out at the pond. It was a place he liked to come a lot as not many people took this route around the waters. "Working for free, feeding stray cats; Is there nothing bad about you?" he asked, a small smile on his lips as he scoffed, digging in to his pocket to take out the trinket. It was no use to him, so he just handed it to her. This way she didn't feel forced to be here anymore and could practically just leave if that was the case.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 11:38 am

The question made her frown. “Not really.” She said, standing for a bit before that seemed awkward and she sat down. But she did put her bag between them, in case he truly just was some weirdo through and through. He however did hit a nerve with his next question, she looked out on the pond and was just silent for a bit, clutching onto the strip. He gave her the trinket and she looked at it. “I just decided to turn my life around. Like the old man you beat up every week.” She said, though it was more just a fact at this point. She looked down at the trinket. No, when she thought about it, she didnt really seem like a good person. Maybe the things she did now was helping it a bit, but she refused to believe that she was a saint. “Also the stray is cute. He or she deserves some food at least.” She argued.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 11:59 am

Rhys didn't really care that she judged him, because in the end he didn't have a real choice when he was in the line of work that he was. She seemed to ponder his words, not even reaching out for the trinket. He sent her a reassuring smile, "in my line of work people rarely change," he shrugged, but if she was convinced she had changed her life, then it was fine with him. "I prefer dogs," he admitted, nodding to himself as he looked out at the pond, "I had one when I was younger, real big and cute .. I named her Tinker, cause I had this obsession with Tinkerbell," he chuckled softly, rolling the trinket around his palm, almost dropping it a few times, but always managing to catch it.
He placed it in her hand, holding it there for a few second before eventually removing his hand and letting the trinket rest with her. "Animals .. They don't seem to avoid me .. So I usually get along with them pretty well," he said, looking as a duck couple waddled up on land from the pond, shaking the water off of their feathers, quacking a few times. Their ducklings followed soon after, tripping over one another as they were eager to follow their parents around. "I guess that's why I'm curious about you, because you don't avoid me either," he confessed.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 12:14 pm

She just scoffed at the remark. She hadnt exactly been a gang banger, going around beating up people. She had been a mean girl for sure. But she did believe she had changed. The confession made her chuckle. He did seem like someone who liked dogs. Maybe the big muscle dogs as well, she reckoned. But no muscle dog could have the name Tinker. “Why Tinkerbell?” She asked, looking at him, noticing how he was fiddling with the trinket.
He placed it in her hand and seemed to keep his hand there too. She did wonder what his deal was, making sure she held the things he gave her? The notion that animals wouldnt avoid him was peculiar. But it also made sense. At least as long as he didnt beat them up too, they’d have no reason to be scared of him. She watched the ducks as well but turned her eyes to him as he pointed out the obvious. “I dont know what it is about you that seems to scare everyone else, but you dont scare me. I dont give in to bullies.” She admitted, as harsh as it may seem.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 12:24 pm

Her question made sense, but the answer wasn't so straight forward, making him shrug a bit as he thought about it for real. "I guess because she was always seen as the bitch, but she was needed anyways," he admitted, chuckling a bit to himself. Perhaps it was a bit of a crude way to put it, but he saw himself in that way. Nobody wanted to be around him, but that was exactly why he was needed for his line of work. He was intimidating and strong, so nobody ever asked him questions, they just avoided him or did as he said.
The way she spoke about him being a bully made him smile a little. Perhaps because he thought it was a cute way to put what he actually did. Sure, she had seen some of his doings, but not the darker side. And perhaps he wanted it to be kept that way. "But you did go on a date with one," he smiled, turning his head to look at her with a teasing smile. He was actually rather charismatic once you got to know him. Not only that, but he seemed to genuinely listen when she spoke. "Then again, I did force your hand, so I guess I'm much more of a villain now."
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 12:37 pm

“Hm.” She hummed at his explanation. He wasnt really wrong, but it was quite an interesting choice. Because she didnt believe she had ever met someone who’d choose Tinkerbell as their favorite. She had however never kept favorites. At least not long enough to remember any. It felt a little sad now to remember. But she had quickly clicked into her place as a snob. Which was why she felt so alien now that she couldnt.
He reminded her that this was a date and she scoffed. “It’s hardly a date!” She argued. They were just walking around the park! And as he said so himself, he had forced her, even if she had been completely free to choose and not show up. “You wish you were a villain. A villain is typically cool and a little mysterious but also very attractive.”
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 12:51 pm

"Are you the expert in what defines a date now?" he asked, smiling slightly as she then went on to indirectly diss his looks, looking down at what he was wearing with a small scoff. "Alright, princess, sorry I don't look like the pretty boy of your dreams," he said, "but just for the record I think I look pretty decent." Rhys couldn't recall ever having a conversation about his looks like this before. It was something new. And perhaps a little funny to him that a girl who could look this dead was critiquing his looks.
"Besides this is totally a date," he said, digging in to his pocket, taking out the sweets he had bought from her earlier, "see, I've scored us the best dinner with a view of nature." Gesturing to the pond as he chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 1:27 pm

“I have been on dates.” She argued, narrowing her eyes at him. Though she wouldnt say she had ever been on a date like this one. The other dates were more like set ups, because everyone thought her and someone else would make a great couple. A weird concept when she thought about it. He apologized for his looks and the addition made her roll her eyes. “You dont look bad.” She then just said, a little lower than her normal voice. Like she was admitting something she wasnt supposed to.
He seemed to insist that this was in fact a date and she was a little surprised to see him take out the sweets he had bought. And then she smiled and chuckled. Because it was actually a little bit funny. In a sweet sense. But then it was like she caught herself and quickly pulled a frown before looking at the pond rather than him. “Why me though? Do you do this to every girl you find in the stores you rob?”
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 1:40 pm

He heard her low tone, and though he wasn't sure how to feel about her admittance, he didn't want her to lie and just give him. But she seemed to be honest. Rhys was surprised to see her smile and actually hear her chuckle. He wondered if her laugh was this catching as well, though as the realization hit her that she was having fun her mood seemed to change. She was right to doubt his intentions, but her questions made him breathe out in a sigh.
"You're the first person I've ever asked out," he admitted. It wasn't a cool thing to admit, but he was a bit past that, wasn't he? "I guess I find you interesting .. Just like you find me interesting, despite also hating my guts." Was that a fair assumption to make?
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 1:54 pm

The first? And she was really supposed to believe that? She looked at him, trying to look for any indicators of a lie. “You dont really mean that.” She argued but he honestly didnt seem like he was kidding. His assumption was maybe a bit spot on. “You had just beaten up an old man and yet you put candy in my hand like you were giving me something important.. fresh blood on your knuckles too and yet you were gentle.” She said as she remembered it. At least before she decided to hurl the candy right back at him. “It’s just weird. You’re a weird guy.” She said, looking at him like somehow he would have an answer to why he would be weird. She however quickly let it go, glancing down at the candy. “I’m allergic to sugar.” She lied, but frankly she wasnt about to try eating sweets for the first time in her second life and risk throwing up in front of this guy.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 2:06 pm

Gentle? He was a bit taken aback by that description. Had she just described him as being borderline sweet? Quite a new experience for the hybrid to be honest. However his face softened up once more as she retorted to just calling him weird. He could relate to weird.
She stated that she was allergic to sugar, it only made him shrug, plucking out a nice and blue lollipop, stuffing the rest in his pocket. He looked at it, smiling a bit as he moved back to sit on the bench next to her. "Then I guess I've failed this date severely," he chuckled, frowning as he was contemplating adding to it, but he decided otherwise. Instead he just looked at the blue lollipop, rolling it between his fingers. "But we could still go get some bread .. Feed the ducks," he said, looking out at the pond.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 3:04 pm

“Then it’s good it’s not a date.” She just smiled. Yeah, she wouldnt just give in and call this a date. That would mean that she thought this grunt was in any way dateable. She noticed the frown but didnt say anything. The suggestion of feeding the ducks made her turn her head to look at them as they waddled around. But he would just enjoy if she just agreed to it because he suggested it! So she had to look for a reason to do it, that was beyond just his company. “They are kind of cute. So it would be rude not to.” She said before she got up and looked at him. “Come on then.” She nodded for him to follow.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 3:32 pm

She got up, and he looked at her as she told him to follow along. Was it strange that he felt like she could say anything and he would obey orders like a dog? Humming he got up, walking beside her as she lead the way back to the main road over to a small hotdog stand. The salesman had small bags of bread crumbs that had been made from the hotdog bread he didn't sell. Rhys dug into his pocket, just placing a note on the cart, making the salesman shiver slightly, but he took the money. In return the hybrid took two bags of the breadcrumbs, stepping away from the cart to leave the man alone. The salesman sent Emily a worried look, almost as if to ask if she was alright, but he seemed to stunned to speak.
Rhys just grit his teeth, grabbing firmly around the two bags as he made his way back to where they had come from. He didn't want to be around those shivering idiots anyways. As they reached where they had been sitting before he handed her a bag of bread crumbs before moving over to sit down on the grass. It probably looked weird to see the brute sit down so close to so innocent looking animals.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 3:38 pm

Getting over to the hotdog stand, she could see how yet another person seemed to tremble at Rhys’ presence. It was an odd encounter and as the salesman looked to her she just frowned and shook her head like she wanted him to mind his own business. She was a big girl, she could spend her time with whoever. However it seemed that the brute was almost if not visibly  annoyed at the man’s reaction to him. Did that mean that he maybe didnt want everyone to cower and hide away? But it had to be because of something he did! They got back and she took the bag of breadcrumbs, thanking him in a quiet tone as she sat down as well. She held the bag in her hands, just looking out on the ducks. “It annoys you.” She said, before she looked at him. “Doesnt it?”
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 3:49 pm

Digging his fingers in to the bag, he grabbed some bread crumbs, throwing it to the ducks as she sat down next to him. He hummed softly at her question. "It's just always been like this," he said, shrugging lightly as a duck came a little closer, curious to see if it could snatch up more food by staying close. It worked as the hybrid rewarded it with a small pile of crumbs in front of it. "But you're different than the rest .. I guess I wanted to see what it would be like to just be sorta normal," he scoffed, looking out at the pond where it seemed as if the rumor of food had spread fast. Chuckling a bit he watched some ducklings try to go near them but being scolded by the mother duck.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 4:19 pm

It had always been like that? Why did he make it sound so tragic? She looked at him while he was paying attention to the ducks he was feeding. It did make more sense that it might not be somwthing he could control when it seemed that everyone in his presence was looking for ways to get out of sight. “There has to be more people like me?” She argued, maybe because it would be absurd for him if everyone was feeling that way about him and he only now found someone who didnt. Was she feeling a bit bad for him? She sighed. “You’re not that bad. It’s just a shame that you’re an ass as well.” She then said, which may have sounded genuine but she was smiling, looking down to open her bag of breadcrumbs to feed the ducks as well.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 4:27 pm

He wasn't in need of her pity, but he doubted there was many like her just being around. He hadn't met anyone besides her anyways, and eternity was a bit lonesome if he couldn't be near people without them fearing him. Her words made him chuckle, "an ass that you're on a date with," he argued. He wasn't going to let go of the fact that he saw this as a date, even if she refused to view it that way. He chuckled, smiling as the duck next to him nipped at his pant leg.
Raising an eyebrow he looked at it, scoffing before feeding it some more, "well at least this guy seems to like me," he said, though he wasn't upset. She could choose not to like him, it was fine, but there was this inner need in him to have her around. Perhaps because she was refreshing, she was witty and her looks were not something he could complain about either.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 8:21 pm

She rolled her eyes at his argument. Even if it was true, she would probably deny it for as long as she could. Just because she was that stubborn a person. The duck seemed rather human friendly for a wild animal, especially when it came to him. Quite peculiar with his effect on people. "Because he cant owe you money." she just said, though it was mostly just in teasing at this point. Not that she would admit that. She wouldnt. She held out a hand with some crumbs in, watching a duck carefully approach. She didnt smell quite human so it probably found her a little weird, yet safe to approach.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 8:33 pm

Chuckling softly he shrugged, giving in as perhaps she was right. He watched as she tried to feed the duck by hand, but it seemed hesitant. Reaching out he held beneath her hand, hopefully making it relax more. His eyes were on the duck, sitting still, holding her hand as the duck slowly approached. Its small feet tapping against the grass, quacking a few times as it inspected what it was being offered. "That's it .. Nice and slow," he muttered, his voice a little raspy and low. The duck quacked, moving its beak closer until it eventually started to eat from Emily's hand. Rhys chuckled softly, smiling as he looked at the animal who was so peacefully eating from her hand.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 9:19 pm

The duck wasnt really coming closer, not until he reached out and held under her hand. It surprised her a little but she didnt move away as she looked at the duck coming closer. At least it was coming closer now without a problem and soon it began nibbling at the food. “Oh my gods!” She exclaimed happily, trying not to jump out of joy where she sat. She barely remembered that he was still holding her hand in place and frankly it didnt matter because a duck was actually eating from her hand!
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 9:29 pm

What she exclaimed in joy made him turn his head, looking at just how happy she looked right now. And frankly he was taken aback by how cute she looked. The duck finished the crumbs, quacking as it waddled back to its friends. That was when Rhys seemed to realize his hand was still holding hers, and he moved it away slowly, almost lingering, not wanting to let go. Because it felt so good that she hadn't even shied away from his touch! Scoffing, he turned his head to see one of the ducks have its beak right down his bag of bread crumbs, chuckling as he pulled it away, the duck quacked disgruntled, trying to finish up the crumbs it had dropped on the ground. "They're so greedy," he muttered, chuckling softly, trying to ignore that feeling he had felt being close to Emily. It was just his body trying to explain why he felt this draw to her. It was just curiosity, nothing more, and she surely had made that clear.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 10:12 pm

She was mesmerized by the duck and as soon as it waddled off, she wanted to offer it more. Rhys moved his hand and it was maybe a good idea that he did that before she realized how nice it was to feel his hand under hers. She looked to the duck as well as he snatched the bag from it. “You let him.” She argued, in a softer tone now that she was quite full with joy. She looked back at the ducks with a lingering smile on her lips, actually having quite a good time now. She wasnt really used to the prospect of dating and now it was like she was actually letting go and enjoying herself.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 10:20 pm

Rhys chuckled, "well sure .. Every duck deserves to be fat and happy," he retaliated, though it was clear he was just playing around. It was weird actually enjoying someone's company, but he wanted more of it. Some duckling had snuck past its parents, waddling ever closer, picking up the crumbs that was perhaps a little too close to the hybrids feet but he was sitting perfectly still as he realized. "Emily," he muttered, not wanting to talk too loud and scare it away. He was practically holding his breath, looking at the small duckling that started to produce small quacks of excitement. He felt almost scared to move. Funny how this supposed monster was sitting so still as to not scare the small baby duck. "It's so brave," he chuckled in a low mutter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stay out of it
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next