Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Stay out of it

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
Emily

Emily

Full name : Emmeline Jacobs
Quote : How can someone be cold as a corpse when they’re this hot?

Stay out of it  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 11:18 pm

"Obviously." she said with a roll of her eyes, but she was still in a good mood. She hadnt even noticed the little duckling that had gotten closer to them until he muttered her name and she followed his look. Seeing the little waddling creature was very adorable. It was so little. She was sure she could have it in her hand.
She almost didnt realize how still he sat until she turned her eyes to notice. It made her smile a bit bigger though she didnt say anything but rather just turned her eyes back to the duckling that was carefully moving around. "It is. It will grow up to also stick it's head in the bag." she chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

Full name : Rhys Kaine

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 11:30 pm

Her chuckle made him reply with a soft scoff, "fuck, I don't think I've ever seen anything this cute," he admitted, barely able to take his eyes off of the small creature. It wasn't before it quacked, satisfied and full and started to waddle back to its parents that he felt himself breathe easily again. He leaned back a little, letting his muscles relax, getting his breathing back to normal. Chuckling a bit it soon turned in to a small laugh as he laid back on the grass, placing a hand on his stomach as he just laughed. It was strange how he didn't care as much when people were scared, but a duckling? No, he could never forgive himself from scaring it away.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 11:53 pm

No it really was the cutest, "I have to agree." she muttered, watching it waddle away eventually, going right back to it's parents who quickly checked up on it to make sure it hadnt been hurt. What a brave little creature indeed. Then she turned her eyes to Rhys. She watched him relax and then he started chuckling. Why? Because it was cute? She couldnt help but smile a bit but also still rather confused. "What's so funny?" she asked before poking at his side to get his attention. She wanted to know what he was thinking.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 12:02 am

It was hard to keep the giggles at bay, turning to look at her as she asked what he found funny. At least it made him feel less self-conscious as she clearly hadn't noticed just how tense he had been. Or had she? "Besides everything?" he asked, sending her a smile as he shook his head a little. He was being silly. And frankly, he liked that he could be that right now. "I guess if you don't know it'll just add to the mystery of me," he pondered.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 4:05 am

“Everything?” She repeated, feeling like he wasnt really giving her an answer. He was being rather silly and as he didnt answer but rather deemed that it would add to his mystery, she scoffed. “Fine dont tell me then.” She said like she didnt care but somehow she did, at least now, about this. What he had been laughing at so heartedly. She didnt even notice the duck that had snuck up on her before it decided to firmly bite her hand, making her gasp as she threw the crumbs everywhere on accident. Even herself. “Oh gods.” She muttered, looking down her clothes that were covered. And it seemed that all the ducks came waddling like a stampede. “Nope! No no!” She exclaimed, hopping over Rhys to gain some distance to the ducks, watching them quickly collect as many crumbs as they could. She didnt want them to notice the crumbs that were sticking to her shirt. But another did waddle closer, which now seemed threatening, though it was just hungry, or really brave and greedy.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 9:20 am

As she moved closer, there wasn't even a single bit in him that hesitated, pulling her up on his lap, wrapping one arm around her, the other stretched out to keep the ducks from getting closer. Thinking fast, he grabbed his bag of crumbs, hurling it away from them and to make the ducks migrate to another spot. As they started to waddle away, he could breathe easy, "you're a bit clumsy, aren't you?" he muttered, just looking at the ducks, making sure they weren't getting closer again. He still held on to her, but not in a cruel way. It felt more protective, and she could move out of it easily if she wanted to. However Rhys barely seemed to notice, having his eyes hyper focused on any duck that might try and sneak back.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 11:47 am

So now she sat here in his lap. Hadnt she been so concerned with the ducks wanting the crumbs on her clothes she would have noticed the position they sat in; the fact that he was protecting her when he didnt have to. Her arms where wrapped around him as well under his arms, scared that if she let go and moved away then the ducks would return. Her face was hidden away in the nape of his neck and she quickly realized that she was smelling him. And it was a nice smell. Once the quacking sounded far enough away for her to deem their surroundings safe, she leaned a bit away, not a lot and turned her head in the direction of the ducks. “Thanks… for keeping me safe.” She mumbled, knowing that if he hadnt helped, she would’ve taken her shirt off and exposed her gnarly scar that sometimes still looked like the wound that had ended her life. She hated it so much.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 12:10 pm

She was practically hiding herself away against him, and Rhys couldn't think of a time where anyone had been this close to him without them at least showing signs of fear. And yet here she was, actively hugging him, and he could feel her breath on his neck. It was very new for the hybrid and it gave him a feeling he couldn't quite describe. Eventually she pulled away, but she didn't seem to let go. He just remained silent until she spoke again and thanking him. Normally he would've replied with a scoff and a dismissal, but despite her mumble it sounded heartfelt. "Good thing I'm a little scary, huh?" he muttered. It was supposed to sound serious, but it perhaps came out more like a joke if anything. "You're kinda cold," he said, looking at her, his hand feeling her temperature through her shirt. He wasn't as cold as a vampyre, but he wasn't as warm as a daemon either. "Here," he muttered, taking off his jacket carefully, placing it around her shoulders before wrapping his arm around her safely again. Was he being selfish in the fact that he didn't want to let her go? Beneath his jacket he was wearing a white t-shirt, not too see-through.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 12:29 pm

Yeah, for once it was good that he was scary. Though looking at the ducks they were still walking around looking to eat crumbs. They werent really scared of him. He had just kept them from approaching them again. He mentioned her being cold and she noticed too. She hadnt planned to be out now, so she hadnt really brought a jacket? But her body was so weird anyway that she didnt care to keep track. She wasnt cold cold, it was just a slight hint of colder than most like if someone sat by a open window in a room full of people. Her heart was still beating and pumping blood around, just at a lower rate than the average human. She felt the jacket around her shoulders and it was still warm despite him not being overly warm either. “I’m scared to move.” She admitted, looking down herself. She wasnt going to start brushing off now. Releasing over hand from around him, she looked at it. “Fuck.. it really bit me hard.” She mumbled and it was true, the duck had scratched her knuckle, a little bit of blood coming out.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 12:42 pm

The admittance made him look at her clothes that was covered in breadcrumbs still, smiling softly as he thought of what a headache it would be to get out of here. She released one arm, and he looked at her hurt hand, reaching out to take it rather delicately. Inspecting it his touch was delicate and not as rough as his hands seemed to give off. Lifting it closer to his face, he leaned down, placing a kiss against the soon to be bruised knuckle. He leaned away shortly after, and without addressing it, he shuffled a bit in his seat. "Hold on," he muttered, hoping her arms was securely around him, and when they were, he would shift his weight. Carrying her, he managed to get up on his feet, a few ducks quacking as a few crumbs were dropped. "Dust yourself off," he told her, still holding her in his arms, the ducks gathering around his feet, nipping at him but unable to reach Emily.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 1:32 pm

He took her hand and she watched him as he held it so delicately, it did surprise her but she just looked on as he inspected it. He lifted her hand and kissed it and she wasnt sure she had ever seen someone hold her hand with so much care. It was just a shame that they didnt know each other better, she would’ve fallen for him right then and there. She didnt speak of it either as she just looked at her hand before he began moving. As he asked her to hold on she did and all thanks to him they were soon on their feet.
“Okay.” She spoke softly, dusting herself off, shaking her shirt and watching the crumbs rain. Eventually she got the worst off, still a few crumbs stuck. She checked him as well to make sure that she hadnt just brushed it over onto him. If she had, she’d run her hand over his shirt as well, noticing the muscles under his shirt. Not that she could expect less from a brute! But she wasnt thinking of him as the brute right now.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 1:43 pm

Her hand moving down over his shirt made his muscles tense a little. He wasn't sure why, but it felt good? As the worst crumbs were off of them, he looked around before stepping away from the ducks, letting them tear at the paper bags with the minimal crumbs left in them. Once they were back
by the bench, he placed her down on the ground, albeit a little reluctantly. "There you go," he said, looking at her as she was right now. Then his eyes moved to his jacket, smiling a little, "man, you have stick for arms, don't you?" grabbing at the loose fabric that wouldn't be filled by Emily's arms. He chuckled, looking at her again. He hesitated, part of him wanting to lean in and have her close again, but he didn't, and opted to give her some space. "Can I follow you home .. Or would you rather me not knowing where you live?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 1:58 pm

She was happy to be back on ground again when they returned to the bench, glancing over at the ducks that were enjoying the free crumbs. She noticed Rhys looking at his own jacket, wondering if he wanted it back, though it was quite nice. “Easy to say when you’ve got trunks.” She retaliated, chuckling softly at him.
Okay, maybe the date was quite good for a not date. His question was almost odd. “As if you wouldnt just find out at some point anyway.” She said, looking at him with a bit of a serious gaze, before she shrugged. “I can show you the cat? Even if you dont like it as much as dogs.”
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 2:08 pm

"What makes you think I don't already know?" he raised an eyebrow, humming as he let go of the loose fabric. But the suggestion of meeting the cat made him nod. "Of course I want to meet the now infamous cat," he said, nodding for her to lead the way. He would follow, walking by her side he stuffed his hands in the pockets of his jeans.
"What made you start feeding the cat in the first place?" he asked, wanting to hear more about her. And by that extent he wanted to know more about her. He hadn't asked her out just to walk in silence after all.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 2:36 pm

“I wouldnt put it past you.” She remarked, and it was true. If he wanted to know then he probably already did. The suggestion was just to prolong the date a little. Maybe because she liked seeing this side of him over the mean one that beats up people.
She showed the way as she began walking, his question making her smile a little as she looked down. “It’s weird. Because I didnt mean to. But I went one night when it was crying and screaming in the alley next to my apartment. It sat in an old cardboard box and wouldnt let me approach it. When I did, it bit me.” She explained, though she had no scar to prove it. “I tried to forget about it but then when I was out shopping, I found myself in front of like canned tuna or something. It was on sale too. Felt like a sign.” She said scoffing at the end before she shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 2:45 pm

She went on to describe how it had all come to be, and he scoffed as she called the tuna on sale a sign. "So you believe in fate and all that?" he asked, because that was what he could deduct from what she had told him. He smiled, chuckling a bit as he shook his head a little. It was a little silly, but he guessed everyone had their quirks. "I mean, I guess I shouldn't put it past you .. You probably believe in karma too?" Was that an unfair assessment? It wasn't totally clear whether or not he found it bad, but he surely didn't believe in it.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 3:37 pm

"I definitely do not." she scoffed. But a few signs here and there made perfect sense to her, eyeing him as he seemed to find it funny. She narrowed her eyes a little at the notion, though the mention of karma she hummed at. "To a degree, I guess, I do." she said with a thoughtful expression. It would make sense with how her life had turned out, though she wouldnt say that she had ever earned enough bad karma to turn out this way. "Dont you believe in anything? Or let me guess.. you're way too tough to let fate decide anything for you?"
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 3:43 pm

He scoffed, "something like that," he had to agree. It wasn't that he didn't believe that coincidences could happen and the stars could align, but he wasn't counting on ever experiencing it himself. Not with what he knew from his own life. "But I guess fate or luck did have something to do with the fact that you sorta agreed to this date," he chuckled, shrugging as it wasn't that big of a deal. And yet it was for him a few big steps in an unknown direction. He hadn't ever had anyone even pretend to care for him, so he wasn't getting his hopes up with Emily. But there was something about her; Whether it was the way she walked or talked, or perhaps how she didn't shy away from him. Regardless, he liked how it was right now. Just having someone to talk to. "I guess I want to believe in fate, but it hasn't ever really worked in my favor," he chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 4:51 pm

It was almost typical. But then again, if she thought about it, if she went around doing what he did, while not even knowing the full extent of it. And she wouldnt try to think about it too much, after all they were having a good time now. "Then it's a good thing that it's not an actual date." she stood her ground with a smile.
She corrected her strap and small talked with him the rest of the way to her apartment. When they got there, she could hear the cat cry in the alley. "It's usually waiting for me to come home this time around." she chuckled. "Come on then." she said, reaching down to grab his hand and pull him along as she went up to the door of her apartment. She lived small but also rather cozy. The most notable was probably the polaroid pictures at her bed, plastered to the wall. She dropped her bag. "I gotta change out of this crumb shirt." she said, walking over to her closet, opening it up to look inside.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 5:40 pm

If he wasn't surprised when he had seen her at the park, he felt much more surprised now that she pulled him with her into her apartment. Looking around at her décor he was sure he hadn't ever been in a home like this. It seemed sweet and cozy and very unlike what he lived in. Well to be fair he just had a mattress and a fridge, not even having bothered to put up shelves let alone pictures. He walked over to her bed, looking at the polaroid pictures that was on display. Her words making him chuckle, "you afraid the ducks will follow you here?" he teased, leaning down to inspect a pillow with a weird design on it before straightening out his back.
Turning his head he saw her change out of the shirt she was wearing. He knew she probably didn't want him staring, but he couldn't help himself. Her skin was a little blemished, he thought perhaps her clumsiness meant she was prone to bruising as well so he wasn't too worried about that. He stepped closer, almost unable to stop himself, but he kept his distance still. "I really like your tattoos," he said softly.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 5:58 pm

"You never know. They really looked hungry." she argued, standing in a tank top as she looked for a new shirt. He could look if he wanted, she kept her back so the scar on her neck wouldnt be seen. She preferred it that way if she had to be honest. His compliment made her look down for a moment before she grabbed her hoodie and pulled it over her head. The neck on it was long so she would be covered. "Thanks." she said with a sigh. She was very unhappy the moment she had woken up in her second life to find herself covered in them, but apparently magic like that was peculiar. Either way, she couldnt just tell him that it was someone else's tattoos that had copied onto her body and she couldnt do a thing about it. "Do you have any?" she asked, pulling her hair out of the back and turning to look at him.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 6:08 pm

She didn't sound too pleased, but he guessed there was just things that you would always feel a bit self-conscious about. As she turned around he had moved a little closer, smiling slightly at her question, "yeah, but only tiny ones .. The tattoo artists I've spoken with say my skin is weird to tattoo, so anything too big would be too hard of a task," he shrugged. But he ended up pulling his white t-shirt off over his head, letting her see the littered tattoos that he did have. The one she would notice first was perhaps the sun and moon he had on his collarbone. They were simple, just how he had described them. On his ribs he had a snake swallowing itself and on his arm an eye with a tear next to it.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 6:24 pm

Tiny ones? She was quite curious now and it seemed that he had no mind showing her as he took off his t-shirt. Looking at him, she could tell that he was very strong. At least his body said as much. She did notice the moon and sun, looking at them before she moved on. It was quite interesting to see. “Did they hurt?” She asked like she didnt know the feeling. And she didnt. But her tattoos werent really that much of a part of her as it was a memory of someone else. The girl who had had them. A girl she had only seen but never gotten to know and now never would. “They’re cool.” She said, standing rather close as she inspected his skin, seeing how the ink laid nicely unerneath.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 6:29 pm

Her question was strange, but he gathered she wondered if the pain he felt differed from what she had felt. "Didn't really feel it much," he confessed. There were times in his life where he could rarely feel his body, so he didn't think too much of pain when it did come in to his field of vision. She inspected him, and he chuckled, "yeah, no scarring either," he said, taking her hand and guiding it to his skin, letting her feel just how flush with his skin the tattoo was. "For a while I really wanted a facial tattoo," he said, letting go of her hand to touch the tattoo on her cheek, humming to himself as he considered it, "though .. I bet it wouldn't help people being less intimidated of me."
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 6:38 pm

She hummed as he said he barely felt it, though any other person with tattoos like hers might’ve said something about their own. Maybe it could be excused on her inspecting him. He grabbed her hand and she felt his skin that actually felt soft and unharmed. “What kind of tattoo?” She asked, looking up at him as he was touching her cheek. She had forgotten that he was just touching the tattoo. “It probably wouldnt. I get a lot of looks, old ladies especially try to avoid me at any cost.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stay out of it
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next