Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Don't do it like this | Kurtis

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Eden

Eden

Full name : Eden Gabriel Altieri
Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 2:45 pm

It wasnt like he was really obligated to go check on the hybrid but he could imagine that Romeo would be upset if he found out that Zaira had just been huddled off to some facility as if it was an out of sight, out of mind-situation. He was smoking a cigarette, dressed rather nicely, standing by the window that he was looking out of until she entered. Turning around he nodded in greeting and gestured for her to sit.
“I was told that you werent feeding like they had hoped that you would by now.” He said, just to keep it simple. She couldnt really do much without him knowing. “I made sure that you were put among some of the best experts. Are they treating you well?” He asked. She could say anything she wanted, clearly they didnt have a relation that required her to say exactly what he wanted to hear.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

Full name : Emanuele Zaira Rojas

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 3:22 pm

She shrugged at his statement. She wasn't sure where she was supposed to be on the journey, the doctors had given her a vague prognosis and they had otherwise kept her pretty much in the dark. "They are treating me alright .. although I wouldn't say nice would be in that list," she muttered, knowing that he would hear whatever she said regardless of how low she was talking. "They won't really say much to me .. mostly just leave me alone unless I'm being fed or have one of those classes they put me in," she thought out loud. Sure the nurses were alright, but they were also sometimes very condescending. Whether it was because of her age or her race she wasn't sure. Sighing she looked to Eden, her eyes not showing how she felt about him or any of this. "I know you put me here to handle me because you didn't want to deal with your sister's mistake," she said quite seriously, "but they can't teach me like you can." She got up from her seat, walking over to the window, picking up his packet of cigarettes. She nonverbally asked if she could snag one and if it was a yes she took one. Smelling it felt good. They didn't allow anything like this here, and she had found herself long for the taste and smell of tobacco. Was that her subconscious reminding her of Kurtis? Perhaps. She placed the bud between her lips and lit it, inhaling from it only to breathe out a sigh of relief.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 3:35 pm

He listened to what she had to say, though he was surprised at the lack of transparency. He had maybe hoped for something better than her having no direction beside some classes. What could class really teach her? It of course probably didnt help that she was a hybrid. They probably didnt see her case as servere as the pure bloodsuckers that were admitted here. “They did say that you were quite easygoing. But I assume that that just means you’re doing what you’re told.” He said before she mentioned his sister. He clenched his jaw a little and drew a drag off the cigarette. When she gestured for the cigarette, he lifted a hand to motion that she could go ahead. “Would you rather not be here?” He asked, looking at her seriously. He couldnt say that he cared for her. He didnt know if she ever could. But she was entangled with Romeo’s cousin and also the last living trace of Laure. And though he didnt miss his sister, her mess was his mess now too. That had been proven over and over by now. Not that Zaira was a mess. She seemed like a decent young woman. “I wouldnt mind teaching you my way. But I have a lot on my mind that has to be resolved before I can do that.” He said. No he still had the lawsuit that had to be closed and then there was Romeo.. yeah, he wasnt going to overburden himself when the lycan needed him.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 3:55 pm

She did want to get out of here, but she shrugged at his question, "it seems like you don't want me around to be reminded," she just said dryly, continuing to just take smaller drags of the cigarette. She was really enjoying the feeling of smoke in her lungs, the nicotine that rushed through her bloodstream. He said he had a lot on his mind and she had to scoff, "sure," she didn't quite believe him, but she had no reason to. He hadn't really been of much help. To be fair the only good thing he had done was keep away from her. Pushing the smoke out from her lungs, she looked out at the view, not really emoting much.
"I'm not asking you to be like a father figure to me, fuck no," she scoffed taking another drag, ashing out of the window, not really caring what flowers it might hit down below. "But you people changed me forever .. and I derserve some sort of mentor, if not you then someone who's capable and not this shitty place," she spoke quite bluntly.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 4:04 pm

She wasnt wrong but it was like he wasnt allowed to just say that. It was s harsh reminder of the chaos his sister had reigned just to keep control over him. It was mere luck that Zaira hadnt turned completely and even more that she hadnt just died of bloodloss. They stood in silence after her sure until she spoke again. He scoffed at the notion of being a father figure. No he wasnt exactly imagining that either. He was quiet for a bit, contemplating her words. Rolling the last bit of his cigarette between his finger while he looked at it, he ended up sighing. “Can you behave? If I take you back to Churchill? It’s as you said. We changed you. You’re my responsibility now. I need to know that you wont just bite into the first seraph you’ll find.” He said, turning to her as he was serious. He really couldnt bother taking care of her as well, but there wouldnt be anyone better. The alternative was just to leave her here until he had time, but she would probably be cross about it.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 4:22 pm

"Do I strike you as some blood maniac?" She asked, shaking her head no. She hated blood. It had been what ruined her relationship with Kurtis. Like hell she would ever bite anyone again. "I know what my bite does to people .. I don't want to put anyone through that again," she shook her head no. Finishing her cigarette, she snuffed it out against the side of the window, rolling the bud between her fingers. "I want to go back .. I want to try and have a life where I'm not just locked in this place," she said rather seriously.
Looking out at the world from the window she felt nervous and scared to go back. But she also longed for normality. For her friends and her mother. "But a few vials won't do .. I need access to the good shit," she said turning to look at Eden. He was a business man, right? At least his face looked as stern as someone sucking on a lemon. "I'll behave, stay out of sight if that's what you want, but I won't be isolated alright, " she said, naming some of her needs and wants, "I want to go back to school, I want to be able to see my mother and I want to try and live as normally as I can."
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 6:20 pm

“The initial report does give the impression.” He said, not disclosing whether he agreed or not. It didnt really matter what he thought in the long run either way. What mattered was her self control and whether she would be able to be around the blood she seemed to crave.
He hummed as she did seem to have that self insight and what had happened. She listed a fair few terms and he looked at her with a calculating look. Sure, he could take her back but what was the use if she was being sent right back here once she misbehaved or gave in to her urges? “I’ll take you to the Parish mansion, and then we’ll look for some place suitable for you. From what I’ve heard, your old apartment is not yours at this point.” He said, lifting a hand to scratch the side of his throat as he thought it through. “I’ll set you up with a supplier but you’ll have to go there yourself and find what best suits your taste.” He said. Sure, he could put her on what he was getting but it was far better to let her find something to her own liking. “But I mean it. I cant mentor you in navigating through your blood hunger right now. You’ll be on your own.” He said, maybe a little cold in tone. But he wasnt budging on this. It just wasnt happening. “You’ll get the number for my personal phone. Only call for emergencies. I’m not your parent, I’m not a father figure. I’m just taking care of my sister’s mess.” He said. Of course there were many other factors too but he didnt feel like listing them.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 9:36 pm

Zaira knew that this wasn't going to be easy, but being stuck here wasn't helping her. They barely taught her anything anyways. The mention of her apartment - or rather former apartment - made her feel a stone in her chest. She hummed, just agreeing to what Eden listed. She wasn't interested in getting close to the vampyre. She just wanted to figure herself out. "That's a deal then," she said, reaching her hand forward, looking at him straight in the eyes. She meant this, so she hoped he would help her to the extent he had listed. Them agreeing felt good. Though she had a feeling that a lot of things had changed back in Churchill.

It had all happened so fast. Eden had made someone pack up what small belongings she did have, and getting her phone back felt like such a relief. Of course the battery was dead, but she had it, and that meant communicating freely with whoever she wanted to. She was soon enough set up in a room in the mansion. She had stumbled upon a few vampyres here, but none of them seemed even vaguely interested in her, so she just let them be. One thing she did wonder was where Romeo was, but it wasn't like she saw much of Eden either.
She had called Abel, told her where she was staying, and urged him to come visit if he had the chance.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 10:05 pm

It was a deal. She would not get in trouble in return for her freedom. It couldnt get more simple than that. And Eden liked simple as of late. He looked at her hand as she presented it, to then lift his eyes to her. Scoffing softly he decided to do it anyway, grabbing her hand as if it was some mere transaction.

Once she was settled in, Eden surely wasnt checking on her. He hadnt been lying when he had told her that he hadnt had the time to check up on her. It seemed that she managed fine on her own for the time being which he liked hearing. But he did eventually have time to check on her, knocking on her door.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 10:31 pm

She was sitting in the windowsill, the window wide open as she had one leg outside. She couldn't die, right? So she wasn't too worried about being safe. Besides her and Kurtis had climbed out on his roof more than one time when they were being together. She was looking at the vials in front of her, poking them a little, playing with them even. The supplier had given her a small selection for her to find what she liked. The knock made her hum, "come in," she spoke out loud, looking at the vials still. Each had a very simple sticker on them indicating what was in them. They were both seraph. She had insisted that she didn't want to taste seraph ever again, but the distributor had insisted stating it was good. However she hadn't opened it. She didn't want to tempt fate.
She turned her head, seeing it was Eden made her frown in surprise. "Hi," she said, feeling almost estranged as she looked at him. Maybe it was those blue-green eyes that still creeped her out. She guessed he wasn't there for a chitchat, so instead of boring both of them with smalltalk she just went straight ahead. She spoke of the therapist she was seeing, telling him everything basically and how they planned to change her change into something positive. Not that she could find anything positive right now. "He wants you to join in one of my appointments,
but don't worry I told him you didn't have time," she just shrugged. It was clear Zaira was used to taking care of herself. She was extremely independent, and even the workers here had figured that quite quickly. She wanted to wash her own clothes, make her own bed, cook her own food. Nothing was going to change her need to keep busy. No she needed to do something. She had picked up smoking as well, but she only did it out of boredom, though she only thought that because the addiction wasn't something she had realized yet.
"He did say that I could start back at school next week, so that's more progress than the time I spent in that hellhole," she muttered, grabbing the vials and handing them to him, "I don't ask of much, but would you take these off my hand?" She didn't even look at them. She could remember the sweet and warm taste of Jeremy's blood. Risking her progress just to try those vials wasn't worth it.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 12:32 am

He entered as she allowed him, seeing her by the windowsill. It was maybe a little unexpected but he had found the time to actually go check up on her. Make sure that she was settling in and not hearing it from the servants. He hummed softly at her greeting. She seemed to be doing well out on her own. Well, out and having her freedom to live again. She went straight to the case which he preferred. He was a busy man, she probably had noticed by now, even if he was even busier than normally; though she wouldnt know the difference.
“When? If I have a gap I’ll come. But I cant make any promises.” He said. If it was just one meeting, that would be fine. If it was a weekly thing, then no. Then he wouldnt have the time.
The mutter made him hum. Her education was the most important thing, well that and her well being. But school seemed to be just as important with her social life and hobbies. He took the vials as she handed them to him, stepping back as he inspected them. “Did he offer you seraphim blood?” He asked, finding it odd. If not peculiar. He was sure that it had been requested to be left out of the selection. “I’ll make sure he wont do that again.” He assured her. “Have you found something you like?”
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 5:45 am

"I said you didn't have time," she just said, looking out the window. No, he wasn't going to turn this agreement around. She could do this fine on her own until he had real time for her. The last thing she needed was to be disappointed by another man. And even if that wouldn't be the case, just like the blood, she wouldn't risk it.
Speaking of the blood she saw Eden's surprise, "yeah well he just placed them in there," she said, shrugging as she couldn't quite recall her asking for it. Perhaps it was just an elaborate prank? Maybe it was payback from the universe after what she had done to Jeremy. She had tried to text the nephilim, telling him that she was coming back to school soon and if they could maybe hang out - albeit supervised, cause she didn't trust herself.
Eden's question brought her back to reality, humming softly as if she hadn't gone off to some far off place in her head. "I don't know, it all tastes the same .. the only blood I've ever liked has come out of the people I care about," she scoffed. She felt like a monster for that. What kind of sick person was she now after her change? "But of course I can't drink from a live donor because of my recovery, sooo," yeah he could probably guess why. She breathed out in a heavy sigh shaking her head a little. It was a lot harder than it looked. Sometimes one of the servant would walk by and she could hear their blood pumping in their veins. Just thinking about it made her mouth feel dry.
"I know it all comes very natural to you, but to me it's like navigating a maze," she confessed. So far she was doing fine, but what if she lost herself and broke her promise to Eden as soon as she went to school? "Like I'm given the general idea of the map, but I keep reaching dead-ends that have me turn around and start again." It was a pretty good analogy, or at least she thought so. Zaira was a very smart young woman, perhaps not as well read and studied as Romeo, but she had a certain wit about her. A streetsmart attitude if you will.
She looked out the window again, biting the inside of her cheek, playing a game she had made up called 'try not to bite a chunk off', which so far had been hard for her. The sun outside was warm, she could feel it on her leg and it was such a welcoming feeling. She had always loved the sun, even when she had gotten sunburnt as a kid. At least she didn't have to hide in the shadows like a real vampyre. "Would you change yourself .. be a mortal .. if you had the chance?" She asked a rather genuine question. Perhaps because she wondered if vampyres longed for more than just shadows and blood. Though of course they would have to give up on their immortality.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 11:36 am

He wasnt going to argue with her, if she rather wanted to wait, then that was how it would be. It was perhaps better than disappointing her if he didnt find time. But the blood order being wrong wasnt just something he could ignore. Even if it had been a mix up or maybe a charity, the order had specifically said to leave out any seraphim blood of any kind. Her confession made him sigh as he nodded. Yeah, vials werent as good as the real deal. That was something they could agree on. “We’ll work on live donors when I start mentoring you. But for now, focus on the vials. The more you drink of them, the more you notice their differences.” He assured her.
Her confession about how she felt living like this wasnt surprising. She was practically like a newborn vampyre, except that she had lived her whole life as a human first. And she wasnt even fully vampyre. She was something in between. Just seeing her sit in the sun made Eden feel a little odd. She explained it quite well and he shrugged. “If it’s any help, then you’re not the first nor the last newborn vampyre to feel this way.” He said. Was it any relief that her feeling was something most mortals turned immoral felt?
She looked out the window and he checked the vials, opting to leave with them, though her question came before he could even begin turning on his heel. He frowned thoughtfully, before he moved over to sit next to her. Fishing out his pack of cigarettes he took one to place between his lips. She had been given her own packs but he still offered her one as a polite gesture. He lit his cigarette and drew in a deep drag. “Yeah.” He said, taking the smoke out of his mouth to watch in his hand. He exhaled slowly. “Only because of Romeo.” He added. He otherwise didnt mind his immortality and the perks it gave him. But what would those perks be if he had no one to share them with.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 2:30 pm

"I don't-" she stopped herself, taking a deep breath to not sound angry, but she probably sounded mad anyways, "I don't want to drink from anyone ever again." She knew what she had done to Jeremy. She felt the guilt in her just thinking about it and everyone seemed to just brush it off. She would continue with the vials forever, even if she hated it. Anger was an emotion she had felt a lot of lately, but it was mostly towards herself and the circumstances she found herself in.
Eden tried, she had to hand it to him, but right now she couldnt find any solace in it. Besides she wasn't a vampyre. Even the vampyres at that facility had given her the sideeye. Yeah she knew what they had tried to whisper around her; tainted blood, they would call her, unclean and a disgrace. It didn't matter. But somehow she couldn't shake the feeling that nobody seemed to like her, and she knew that Eden wouldn't even come near her if this hadn't been his sister's mess.
Her question had been blunt, perhaps even what one might call rude. However he seemed to join her and she took the cigarette as it was offered to her. She knew she had her own pack, but in all honesty she didn't feel like getting up and getting it. She borrowed his light as well, inhaling from the bud as he spoke. A slight frown appeared on her brow at the mention of Romeo. "I gotta be honest with you, when I first heard about you and him I was pretty judgemental," she shrugged, not afraid to admit it, "though not because of what you are or because of the gay thing - that's yiur business." The last thing Zaira was was bigoted. Sure she had perhaps been attracted to a girl once in a while, but she always seemed to end up with guys. Besides she didn't really want to define herself.
"I guess I worried that you would somehow help in making Kurtis' life miserable," she admitted, scratching her lower lip with the nail on her thumb holding the cigarette before inhaling from it once more. She wasn't going to was the tobacco, that was for sure. "Instead you two made my life miserable instead," she scoffed, feeling like all of this could be traced back to Romeo and Eden somehow. They probably didn't even feel remorseful about it, but she didn't need their pity.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 4:37 pm

He smoked the cigarette while he was still thinking about her question. She spoke of him and Romeo and he wasnt really surprised. Even if it wasnt like everyone else, it did seem like someone would always have some sort of opinion of the lycan and vampyre’s relationship to some degree. So he just hummed and exhaled the smoke from his lungs, listening. The confession about helping in making Kurtis miserable made the vampyre scoff. Eden had never cared for Romeo’s cousin, not in the slightest. Trevino drama wasnt Eden’s business if it wasnt affecting Romeo directly or enough to impact their daily life together. She spoke of them making her miserable and Eden shrugged. “If it makes you feel better.” He said, as cold as it may have been to say. She may never forgive him, but he frankly was over discussing who was or wasnt to blame. So if she wanted to keep reminding herself, then he wouldnt stop her. “You can also go down in the garden and speak to the ashes of my sister, tell her exactly how you feel about what she did to you.” He said, glancing towards the garden. Then he looked at Zaira again. “You wont adjust to this new life if you spend so much time throwing blame in every which way, wishing that things could just go back to how they were.” He said, snuffing out his cigarette before he got back up. “This is your reality, whether you’d like it or not.” He reminded her, grabbing the vials before leaving her alone.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 4:57 pm

Shaking her head no she felt like it wouldn't solve anything to just yell at the ashes. It was ashes! It didn't have feelings or emotions and it certainly couldn't give her a reaction. She let him lecture her, mostly because she was tired of having to defend her actions. He just didn't get it. He had lived his whole life a vampyre, knowing what he was and how to cope with it. Everything was still new and full of changes even still. "So you're saying I'm not allowed to think of how happy my life would've been if none of this had happened?" She scoffed. Tough luck. She was going to sulk over this for quite a while even if he was already over it. It didn't really matter what he thought, did it?
Watching him get up she sighed at his reminder, waving her hand at him until he had left the room. She was left alone, smoking the rest bit of her cigarette before she snuffed it out in the same manner of which Eden had done it. Swinging her other leg out of the window she jumped down. Her room was fairly high up, but being what she was now had its perks; one of them being able to jump out of her window if she so wished. Another? She could go for a walk in the sunshine.
Picking her phone out of her pocket, she moved over to the garden, calling up Abel, hoping to hear something new.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 6:30 pm

“You can.” He shrugged. “But how much will that help you now?” He asked, genuine as well. There was no cure for what had happened to her and his apologies would do nothing; which was why he wouldnt even bother. He also wasnt very sorry. However Zaira had gotten entangled into the whole deal was something Eden would never know. But he had a hunch that hothead Kurtis just couldnt keep away even when it was best for him.

Abel picked up, eager to hear how she was doing now that she was out.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 7:20 pm

Hearing Abel's voice was one of those familiar things that just made her smile. She felt almost giddy at the thought of them being in the same country. She told him a bit about what had happened and how she had settled in to the Parish estate, still waiting to figure out her living situation. "Do you know what happened to my stuff?" She asked, hoping that Kurtis hadn't just dumped her shit on the sidewalk after she had left. She wasn't even sure if he still had the apartment. "I mean, I had some pretty cool outfit pieces that I really liked, so I was sorta hoping that I could get them back," she shrugged.
However now came perhaps the hardest part of their conversation. "Have you talked to Kurtis yet?" She asked, feeling worried to even ask. She knew how self-destructive the lycan could truly be, and she hated that she was one of the reasons why he might not be doing good. She still cared about him. Hell she wouldn't admit to loving him right now, but deep down she knew that he was really just the one for her. But perhaps now she had let him become the one that got away.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

Full name : Kurtis Trevino

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2022 1:21 am

It was good to hear from Zaira and know that she was somewhat doing better. She was right? She sounded happy to say the least. Her question confused him. Her things? From the apartment? “I dont know Zaira.” He had to admit. But Kurtis wouldnt throw it out, would he? He had to be keeping it somewhere or have it returned to Zaira’s mother. No he had to check up on that. He assured her that he would.
Then the conversation moved on and Abel scratched the side of his neck, feeling uncomfortable just thinking about it. “I d-d-didnt find him. But I found people wh-wh-who had s-s-seen him. It’s not good Zaira. I know that you’re back and stuff but maybe you should just leave him alone for a bit.” He said. He felt bad. She didnt deserve this. Not when she had worked so hard to better herself and actually done it. At least it was the vibe he got. “He’s out-t p-p-partying a-and doing st-st-stuff. He has his d-dad’s firm b-but I dont know i-i-i-if he’s running it or n-not.” He shrugged. It was all information from people he wasnt even sure he believed.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2022 8:09 am

She thanked Abel for wanting to figure it out. She hadn't heard anything from her mother who sounded sad to hear that the two had split. It wasn't really Zaira's choice, hell he hadn't even formally broken up with her, but he seemed to have moved on. She couldn't blame him for not loving a monster, right? He deserved better than what she had given him, but that didn't take away from the fact that she missed him. Sometimes when it was really early in the morning and she was just about to wake up, it was like she could still imagine his face close to hers. However when she reached for him, he wasn't there. It was still a tough blow to take, and also the reason why as of late she wasn't fond of sleeping. Her nightmares had been ravishing her, and with her new self she didn't really need sleep anyways.
The conversation shifted and Abel disclosed that he hadn't found him, but that there were traces of life at least. She sighed, rubbing her cheek as she moved through the garden. Something was awfully wrong and she knew it, but what could she do? Go out and look for him, surely, but she wasn't really ready to have him yell at her or act out in anger. She still remembered him as the sweet side of him she had gotten to know. "I knew about the firm bit from his mother's unpleasant visit," she hummed, nodding as she thought it through. It was so clear that the lycan needed help, he was screaming it out through his actions, but if he couldn't be found then what good was it? "But if there's one thing I know for sure, then it's that word travels fast," she said, biting the inside of her cheek again as she knew she had to be careful about this.
"Can you spread the rumor that I'm back in town?" she asked. Abel was the only one to know besides Jeremy of course. "Even his drunken self would try and find me .. I know him that well at least," she sighed shaking her head as she couldn't believe she was going to ask the next bit. "Will you go out with me, Abel? Nightclubs, shitty bars, whatever - Just so that I'm seen?" It wasn't ideal, but they had to draw him out if he didn't want to be found.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2022 5:31 pm

He hummed softly, imagining that Alexis hadnt been the nicest to have a visit from; Not even Kurtis would have enjoyed such a visit. Word was travelling fast? Yeah, the gossip hadnt changed, only amplified outside of school it seemed. Her request was specific and he was quite sure that such a word was already out. But he agreed none the less. He didnt know what drunken Kurtis would do. Sure the lycan had gotten drunk loads of times but it was like he always kept his cards close.
The second request was just odd. Nightclubs and shitty bars? To look for Kurtis or draw attention? “Uh, y-yeah.” He replied, scratching the back of his head. “W-what if he s-shows up?”
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2022 8:13 pm

"If he shows up?" she replied his question, humming as she moved some gravel with her shoe, hearing the rattling of small stones against small stones beneath her feet. It was still strange how much and clearly she could hear everything. "I guess we'll find out," she wasn't looking for a fight or a confrontation. Well perhaps more the latter at least. But she just wanted to see him, if only a glimpse. She sighed softly, scratching her hair up, making it go all over the place because of her curls. "Am I a bad person for wanting to see him?" she asked. She just didn't feel like she had gotten any closure, and perhaps seeing him with someone else would just remind her where she was. Maybe she was looking for a way to hurt herself a bit? Just to poke a hot rod into her chest to make herself feel bad because she felt like she deserved it? Most probably yes. Looking up she saw the servant approaching with a vial. They were on a strict schedule to make sure she had enough blood in her at all times. She didn't hate them for it, but she felt a bit like being force fed sometimes.
"How about tomorrow night? You can come pick me up and we'll go together?" she suggested, smiling a little to herself, "and we can catch up a bit before hand, yeah?" With that she knew she had to hang up and focus on the tasks she now had as a half vampyre.

The next evening rolled around faster than she had thought. She had tried on some different outfits but had ended on something that felt more casual and comfortable than actually her dressing up. It was a black crop top with short sleeves, over it an arrangement of different silver colored jewelry because she couldn't let go of her tacky style. However between all the silver there was one golden necklace - the one Kurtis had given her that one time. She didn't know why she kept wearing it. Perhaps because it reminded her of home, or rather the home she had had with him. Moving down she was wearing fishnet stockings under a pair of black jean shorts. Around her waist she had wrapped a red plaid shirt, just in case she needed to cover up a bit. On her feet she was wearing some neat combat boots, or at least the stylish kind you could find at any mall.
She adjusted her hair, downing another vial just to be safe as she was going to be around a lot of mortals tonight. She even packed a few vials, just for safety, in her shoulder bag. Moving down the stairs of the mansion, she knew the staff was looking at her. Probably wondering what to do about her, but she was set on going out, and she didn't care if they told Eden. He wasn't holding her prisoner. Besides one night out after months of isolation could only do her good, right?
Outside she just went down the small length until she reached the gate. Waiting outside she looked at her phone, hoping that Abel would come by soon.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 12:59 am

“No you’re not. I’m just wondering if this is t-to a-actually seeing him.” Abel admitted. Not that it was weird. He didnt know how it had gone down but Kurtis was handling it very Kurtis-dly. Especially if it was a break up. Her suggestion made a soft hum leave his lips, nodding though she wouldnt be able to see or hear it. “Y-ye-yeah.” He replied a little after realizing exactly that. She hung up and he looked at his phone, sighing softly. It always had to be some kind of chaotic but he also liked that about the group. It was never boring.

And when the next night came rolling, Abel was prepared. He had dressed casually but nice. Not too much, actually on the edge to be too little effort. He just wasnt a party person. He would never be. Not that it really mattered because he’d go to any party for his friends. He came by on his bike, double checking the address before he noticed Zaira. He lifted a hand to wave with a big smile on his lips. “Hey Z-Zaira!” He greeted her, getting off his bike and leaving it on the ground as the support leg had broken off a long time ago. “Y-you look g-good.”
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 5:22 am

Seeing Abel she could hardly contain herself. It was a familiar face, and as he got closer she wondered if she looked the same to him. She surely would, right? "Can I like .. hug you?" She asked. Of course they had talked about this in length over the phone, but a small part of her worried that of course he didn't want anything to do with her. However if he agreed she would go over, wrap her arms around him and press him close. If it wasn't because she had put a little effort into her makeup, she might've cried a bit. However it was already late. "It's so good to see you," she whispered, pressing her face into his shoulder before she realized. "Wow, A, you got really tall!" She let go, but not really, just looking at him at arms length. That growth spurt had really come in now, huh? Abel used to be the smallest of the bunch, perhaps only a little bit taller than Zaira, but now he felt bigger. Sure he was still himself, his face was the same but perhaps a more well defined jaw. "You look good too," she returned the compliment, smiling at him, feeling her cheeks hurt as she hadn't smiled like this in a good while.
Of course she could smell his blood, or at least hear it pumping around his system when they were standing close. But lucky for her he didn't smell like a seraph. She could handle herself pretty well around all the other races. Seraphs were still a struggle. "Is that our ride?" She asked, clearly not bothered by the fact it was a bike. No, she had missed the simplicity, and she was kinda fed up about being driven everywhere in a cart. If he said yes she would chuckle, moving out of their embrace to go to the bike. He would get on first, and she would stand on the rods poking out the back wheel on either side. She wasn't too scared of falling off, but she did hang onto Abel's shoulders.
Arriving at their destination, the placed Abel's bike somewhere a little safer, just so it wouldn't get stolen. Locking it up if he wanted that as well. Then she reached down, taking his hand in her own, just happy to have one of her friends here with her. "Thank you for doing this," she muttered, leaning her head on his shoulder, smiling up at him.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 11:40 am

He agreed to a hug. He had missed her just as much, there was no way he’d say no to a hug. He hugged her close, not quite hearing her whisper, but as she moved away to comment on his height, he chuckled a little surprised that she noticed. Not that it wasnt extremely obvious, because it was. “Yeah, I h-have a f-fair few stretchmarks on m-m-my back now too so.” He sighed. The compliment was genuine. He knew she had had a rough time, so this had to be good. Going out had to be what she needed.
“Yes m-ma’am.” He scoffed. It wasnt much but it was something. It even had the bars to have feet on on the back. They got on the bike and he drove them to Western. Even if it wasnt close by, there were a lot of downwards hills. They could just walk up them later so it was perfect for now. They arrived at the club and Abel just hid the bike away in some alley with bikes just like it. It was too old to get stolen, he was sure of it. “It’s no problem. I l-l-like hanging o-out with y-you.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't do it like this | Kurtis   Don't do it like this | Kurtis - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't do it like this | Kurtis
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next