Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Life is strange indeed EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Life is strange indeed EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Life is strange indeed EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Life is strange indeed EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Life is strange indeed EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Life is strange indeed

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Zaira

Zaira

Full name : Emanuele Zaira Rojas

Life is strange indeed Empty
PostSubject: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyThu Oct 21, 2021 11:41 pm

For @Kurtis <3

Kurtis had been home from the hospital for a couple of weeks now, and Zaira had tried to keep her spirits up. She had focused mostly on school and being there for Kurtis. Her mother came by sometimes, bringing them some leftover food or just basically checking in on them. She hadn't told her mother about what had really happened with the lycan, and especially not what had happened at the hospital. Her mind was still rather hazy on that point. She was sitting on their couch, reading a book for English class as she was just in some casual clothing. Her hair she had pulled back in a messy bun, chewing slightly on her pencil.
Looking up she saw Kurtis, sending him a smile, "are you even trying to focus on the homework?" she asked him. He had been pretty distant since the hospital, not that she blamed him. She was just scared that he was too much in his own head and not really there with her. "You hungry? I can go fix us something to eat?" she suggested, closing her book as she got up.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

Full name : Kurtis Trevino

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 12:03 am

Kurtis had had a lot of time to think. He was still not completely over what had happened to him but a lady had rather discreetly shown up at the hospital to let him know that they were looking into his case. But now that he wasnt hearing anything, he wondered if his father might have found out. No if that had been so, then they would have known. Oh how they would have known. “I’m sorry.” He said after having spaced out for a while. He sent her a faint smile. It was nice being home in a calm enviroment but he did have nightmares about what had happened at the hospital. Only that it had gone further and he had been forced to watch. It made him so angry and yet the doctor’s had told him that he was supposed to keep still, rest. Apparently what he had gone through would have killed a human. He wondered if that had secretly been what his father had been trying to do? Kill him? “No I’m not hungry. We should still eat.” He said with a sigh, getting up to go out into the kitchen. He stopped by the fridge, reaching out for the handle when he remembered what had happened that night, or rather a part of it. He must had thrown up from being beat, and the blood. He grit his teeth and closed his eyes, banging his head softly against the door on thr fridge - He wasnt dumb trying to get himself a concussion. “Get out of my head..” he mumbled, looking down at the kitchen counter with a sad expression.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 9:43 am

Zaira still found things to be hard, in a way that she wasn't sure how to cope with everything. He apologised and she shook her head, cleaning up their coffee table while she watched him head for the kitchen. Then she heard the banging and she hurried out in to the kitchen. "Kurt," she muttered, hurrying over to stop him from hurting himself. She wrapped her arms around him, standing between him and the fridge door. "Fuck you gotta talk to me, alright," she said, clearly worried as she held him. The best thing about having their own place was the fact that they hadn't seen Kurtis' parents since he got out of the hospital. But then again, the relationship that the two teenagers shared had changed a lot. Zaira was perhaps just trying to push through all of this hurt while Kurtis seemingly blamed himself quite a lot. "What's going on?"
She ran her hands in calming motions up and down his back, looking up at him with a worried frown. She knew he hadn't been sleeping well, not that she had either, but he seemed to be rightfully more scarred by the things they had gone through. Of course she missed just being stupid teens in love, but it was like the more they went through, the more sure she was of staying with him. Normally she would've probably given up on being with him, but she just couldn't. They were together now, and there was nothing she wanted to change that. "I can cook for us, just sit down," she pleaded.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 12:55 pm

She got in between the fridge and him but he just stood there while she held him, until he eventually lifted his arms to wrap around her. “Sorry.” He mumbled into her hair, leaning down to hide his face away in the nape of her neck.
What was going on? Too much to just answer standing here up against the fridge. “I’m just still dealing with it.” Was the best way to put it. He looked at her as she looked at him, raising a hand to cup her face rather carefully. She told him to sit so he did, leaning back as he closed his eyes. “I just dont know how to feel about any of it.” He admitted. He hadnt really been vocal about his thoughts so maybe it was time he at least said something.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 1:02 pm

He held her back and she felt grateful that he wasn't pushing her away. She needed him too these days. Dealing with it, he said. "I don't think bonking your head on the fridge is a good way to deal with it," she muttered, letting go of him so he could walk over and sit down. Meanwhile she found some ingredients in the fridge and cupboard. Spaghetti bolognese it was, mostly because it was easy and she usually added a lot of veggies to the meat sauce. Cutting up some carrots she put the water to boil, looking at the cutting board a bit surprised at his admittance. Turning around to look at him, she saw how he was leaned back, his eyes closed. "Have you tried putting some words to how you do feel?" she asked. Maybe he just needed to let out a massive amount of word vomit, get everything out of his system. "Just say whatever comes to mind," she encouraged him, turning back around to cook. Maybe it was easier for him to talk if she wasn't staring at him.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 5:20 pm

She was right but he was stupid in that regard so of course he would do stupid things. He could almost hear how she turned as he finally said anything in regards to himself and his feelings but he kept his eyes closed. He made a slight shrug with his shoulders, opening his eyes to look up at the ceiling. “I’m just frustrated I guess. That no one even cared to think Hey maybe this is a fucked up thing to do to a kid. Or maybe they did and the money was just too good to refuse. Either doesnt change it.” He said before he closed his eyes again and sighed. “And that’s only the tip of the iceberg. Dont even get me started on Romeo.” He remarked.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 5:29 pm

She couldn't even begin to imagine what he felt like. This wasn't about whether or not he wanted kids, this was about control and taking away his choice. She hated that. She had been robbed of her own choice as well, but she have tried dealing with that fact. She thought the best cause of action for her right now was just to listen to Kurtis, humming in reply as she didn't want to interrupt his chain of thought. That was until he mentioned Romeo. The name alone made her stop what she was doing, her knife in mid air, staring at the water that was now boiling over.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 5:48 pm

He noticed rather quick that she froze, opening his eyes as he looked at her. “Sorry..” he mumbled, getting up before he went to deal with the boiling pot, grabbing a rag to remove the excess water. He just looked at the pot for a bit before he went to grab a smoke. Nicotine however didnt feel the same. Or it was stronger now that he hadnt been allowed to smoke while in the hospital but it was also like it didnt have the desired effect. He took a few drags before snuffing it out, heading back inside. “I’m gonna go see my dad.” He said. It wasnt really news, ever since having left the hospital his dad demanded him to stop by weekly. He was just complying as that was easier for everyone. “I’ll eat when I get back”
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 6:23 pm

Zaira couldn't even really move, it wasn't until Kurtis removed the pot that she seemed to snap out of it, taking over and just letting him go out for a smoke. As he returned she was just finishing up the last things before she felt like she had made a good meaty sauce. His words made her frown, looking at him with a worry in her eyes that were almost unmatched. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" she asked. Not the not eating part, but the seeing his dad part. "I mean ... I just ..." she said, clearly worried.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 6:32 pm

He could see her worry but he wasnt sure what to say. He didnt exactly have a choice in the matter. It just seemed that as long as he did what he was told, Romeo wasnt showing up unannounced. Which was actually a genuine fear Kurtis had. “It wont be long.” He promised, walking over to hug her. He hadnt ever hugged her as much as he did these days. “What?” He asked, looking at her as something seemed to be on her mind.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 6:35 pm

Wrapping her arms around him, she just pressed herself close to him, feeling his warm embrace. "I guess I'm just afraid of being alone," she muttered. She hated those weekly talks he had. It meant she was all alone and her worst fear was someone showing up. A certain someone. Swallowing she pulled away from his chest to look up at him. "Just promise me you'll be back soon," she said, lifting a hand to cup his cheek. She could still remember the outline of the bruises in his broken face, still remember where all the stitches had been. "I love you," she muttered.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 6:51 pm

He got it. He was afraid too but it would just make things worse if he went against his father’s orders. Right? He didnt even know anymore. “I’ll call you the moment I’m out. We’ll talk until I reach our street.” He said, kissing her forehead, having heard her mutter. “I love you too Zaira.” He said, hugging her close again before letting go. “I hope it wont be necessary. But Jeremy said he’d be close by.” He said, giving her a soft short peck before he went. He just wanted to go there and then go home. His father often just wanted to see him, see if he had healed up. If he understood why he had been punished. It made him angry to think about so he tried not to.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 6:59 pm

Zaira nodded, liking that plan. He returned those sweet words before he hugged her close once again and she pressed herself to him. It at least would make her feel more at ease, and if Jeremy wasn't far away then she wasn't really alone, was she? Reluctantly she let go of him, letting him go, her eyes lingering on him before she hurried over to him once more, kissing his lips gently. "For good luck," she muttered. Once he left, she would return, focusing on cooking and having her phone nearby, texting a bit back and forth with Jeremy just to set her nerves at ease.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 7:49 pm

Her hurrying over to kiss him made a faint smile appear on his lips but then ot went as fast as it had gotten there. He just decided to walk there. It was nice to get the body moving after having laid on a bed for so many weeks. When he arrived, his dad sat in the livingroom with a drink. He looked to the lycan before he hummed. “I was almost worried you wouldnt show up Kurtis. And it’s a shame when you should in fact be spending more time with your cousin. He is after all going to be here for a while.” He said, Kurtis tensing his jaw as he looked from his dad to his cousin.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

Full name : Romeo Altieri
Quote : I don’t want a life without you. If we die, we’ll die together.

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 8:16 pm

Romeo was sitting in a chair, a book in front of him as he had his notepad with him as well. It was nice and quiet in the house now that Kurtis wasn't here. Or well it would've been quiet if it wasn't for the fact that he could hear Alexis move around an awful lot. She was sorta like a ghost, just aimlessly floating from one room to the next without any real goal. Hearing as someone entered, he didn't look up as his uncle spoke, not until he felt his cousin's eyes on him. Sitting up straight he smiled, remaining seated as he looked around to see if someone was behind Kurtis. "Awe, I had hoped you'd bring Zaira along too ... Tell her I said hi," he said with a slight sinister smile, getting up from his seat, standing by his uncle's side, "oh, yeah, I think I forgot to tell you; Me and Zaira bonded quite at the hospital." Kurtis knew what that meant, but he knew his uncle would enjoy seeing the anger stew in his son. Tilting his head to the side he chuckled, "why don't you invite her along next time?"
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 8:29 pm

He noticed how Romeo looked for someone behind him and it didnt make him happy. He just wouldnt bring Zaira along if his dad hadnt specified it. “I dont think I will.” He said, keeping relatively calm for now. Lucius smiled at Romeo’s words. Though it was more because Kurtis looked so tense by it. It only meant Romeo was doing what he was supposed to. The question of bringing her along made Kurtis shake his head. “That’s not a part of the deal.” Kurtis clarified before he went and sat down in a chair in front of them, separated by the coffee table. He leaned back and sighed. Lucius looked at him for a bit before he got up, placing a hand on Romeo’s shoulder. “I have some things to tend to.” He told him before he eyes Kurtis shortly and then went. Kurtis looked at Romeo, sitting down a little more comfortably, though he couldnt relax. “Do you enjoy it? Tormenting me?” He just asked because he wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 8:35 pm

Romeo nodded at his uncles words, remaining standing as he watched Lucius leave for another room. He hadn't expected Kurtis to speak, but was frankly rather delighted to hear him question all of this. Maybe he did have a brain under all that bad attitude? "Enjoying tormenting you wouldn't change your perception of me anyways, would it?" he smiled, being polite as always, choosing his words wisely. He was calculative, always trying to pick the option that would benefit him and his family name the most. "Do you enjoy being a fuck boy with no real future?" he asked, scoffing before he shook his head, "oh, pardon me, my tongue slipped." A grin on his face made it known that he was rather amused right now.
"How have you been? Enjoying sterility?" he asked, cocking his head to the side as he pondered if Kurtis now felt less of a man. Or perhaps was the reason Zaira wasn't here because she had left him and realized she was better off without him? So many options.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 9:23 pm

He shrugged at the question. Probably not. Romeo at least made it very hard for him to change his view on him by being such a shithead as Kurtis would have put it. The next question made him scoff as he eyed his cousin with a frown. If he didnt feel so shit he would have gotten up to punch him in the face.
Then Romeo asked something that should have pissed Kurtis off but he just smiled at the notion. “Somehow, it’s actually freeing. Not having to care about finding some trophy wife to fuck and impregnate.” He said with a shrug. Was it bad that he somehow felt relieved in the midst of frustration and violation? “Before you say more just save the insults. I’m tired and on some strong shit, so you’re just wasting your breath.” He said with a sigh.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 9:30 pm

Oh, so he didn't want to be throwing mud all of a sudden? Rich for a guy that had tried to pick a fight with him for as long as he could remember. But he nodded, deciding to be civil and sit down in the couch across from Kurtis. Romeo was relaxed, mostly because he was secure in himself. Though the trophy wife thing had stung a bit, it would disappear as soon as Kurtis left. "We should be using our time together wisely," he said, reaching up to open up a button on his shirt.
He looked up as the butler entered with coffee for them, Romeo thanking him as always. "Sugar? Milk?" the lycan asked his cousin, adding what he wanted before he took his own cup that he simply added sugar to. Sure, he was watching what he consumed, but coffee to him was always better a little sweeter. "Speaking of trophy wives ... When are you going to start looking for one?" he chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 9:45 pm

Romeo sat down and Kurtis looked at him for a bit before looking away, turning his eyes to the fireplace that had a nice flame currently. He wasnt sure what Romeo meant with them using their time wisely but he thought that if he asked his cousin would say something annoying like breathing in the same air as Kurtis would make him dumber over time.
They were brought coffee and Kurtis shook his head to either of the things, just taking the cup to drink the coffee as it was. He took a small sip and held it in his hands, feeling the warmth radiate into his hands. “I’m not. I dont want what my mom and dad has.” He said rather honestly, glancing shortly towards the door. “I just want to be with Zaira. Which Lucius doesnt want, but he’s just angry I didnt bite into all the shit about women being lesser than in the way he wanted me to.” He said, looking down into the cup, knowing he would go home with red palms from the warm cup since it was a fresh brew.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 9:52 pm

Romeo scoffed at Kurtis' wants, shaking his head a little, "after all this time you still don't get it," he sighed. Maybe his cousin really had gotten a brain injury from the beatings he took. Taking another sip he placed down the cup, looking at Kurtis once again. They may have similar features, but they had always looked so different. "Your father has been preparing you your whole life, and yet you refuse to use a single percent of your brain capacity to understand that," Romeo would've killed to be in the position that Kurtis was in regards to his father. Kurtis was to inherit everything, every part of the business and all Romeo could do was sit and watch from the sidelines. His cousin not even having any interest in this firm was beyond belief. "Zaira and you won't last," he then said pretty nonchalantly, "she doesn't know it yet ... But she'll come around and beg at my feet to let me touch her again."
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 10:10 pm

Maybe he didnt get it or maybe he thought it was just really fucking stupid. He took another sip of his cup and still held it between his hands afterwards. The insult made him roll his eyes shortly, eyeing his cousin with tired eyes. “Can you just say that you’re jealous of it instead of all that?” He asked, his hands tingling a little from the burn but he couldnt feel the pain.
The words about Zaira felt like a threat. “I honestly wish that I could believe you. But she’s scared when I just mention your name. So whatever it is that you’re doing… it’s not how she really feels.” He said, because that was something he had thought about. How she had moaned, how he had been able to feel her enjoy it and yet when they had been settling back into being home, she had been anxious and scared; not that Kurtis hadnt been either, because he had. “I know it’s something my dad is setting you up for. I’m just surprised you’d let him use you for something like that.”
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 10:18 pm

"Jealous of your position, not your life," he chuckled quite calmly. He could admit it. There was nothing more he wanted than to be Lucius' son, be the one he would've thought from his birth. He seemed to hit a soft spot as he mentioned Zaira. What was it with his cousin and his obsession with this human girl? Ah but then again he didn't have the same interest in women as Kurtis had - at least not being with them the way Kurtis wanted to be with Zaira. Chuckling softly he lifted his coffee back up to take another sip. He was being rather entertained right now. "You think he's using me ... When it was me who suggested this?" he smiled. Now there was something Kurtis didn't know.
"Besides, have you looked in to her anxious feelings more?" he asked, pondering as he took another sip, emptying the cup and placing it down. Leaning back he listened to the fireplace, smiling as he thought this weather was perfect for the cozy atmosphere. "They say cheaters are anxious too ... Scared that their partner might find out that they are being unfaithful," he thought out loud. Smiling he hummed, leaning back in the couch, relaxing. "I could feel how excited she had been, being bent over you like that," he said, reminiscing about it as if it was a happy memory, "you felt it too, didn't you? Even though you were strung out on pain killers, you could feel how turned on she got as I started feeling her up."
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 10:31 pm

“Whats the difference?” He asked but didnt really care for the answer. The conversation switched to Zaira and Kurtis felt a bit uncomfortable by that. Especially as Romeo clarified that it hadnt even been his father’s idea to begin with. Then Romeo really started to dig in once it seemed he had found a soft spot. He just remained quiet, not looking at his cousin at all. But when Romeo began talking about the hospital episode in further detail, Kurtis leaned over to put the cup down. “Right. Whatever you say. I dont give a shit.” He said, a little in defeat. His cousin was really just as cruel and twisted as his father. It was dumb to think that they could ever find a middle ground. “Thanks for the coffee. It was a nice touch to the reminder that you’ll always be a shithead.” He said, walking a few steps before he stopped. “You better hope your little plan works and you’ll snake your way to inherit it all.” He said before he stopped to look around. “I’m considering playing this stupid shit game just so I can ruin the firm when it’s mine. That would probably be the only thing you truly care about.” He said, scoffing as he made his way for the front door. He had done what was asked of him, to show up.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 6:12 am

Kurtis got up, the notion of leaving made Romeo shrug before he got up himself. The threat made him chuckle, "well you're lucky that we are blood related ... I might've killed you for such a threat if we weren't, " he said quite seriously but still with a friendly smile on his face. Romeo didn't know that Kurtis wasn't Lucius' biological child and maybe that was lucky for Kurtis. "I'll be looking forward to your next visit; or maybe I'll stop by one of these days, see how you've settled in to your little love nest," he chuckled. Of course he was still poking the sleeping bear. How could he not? It was just about seeing when the balloon would pop.
"Oh, I should mention that the Trevino Foundation is holding a banquet later this month ... You are of course expected to be there," he said. He knew Kurtis hated public events like that. But if he wanted a chance to ruin things for himself further then that time would be perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed Empty

Back to top Go down

Life is strange indeed
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next