Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Life is strange indeed

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Kurtis

Kurtis

Full name : Kurtis Trevino

Life is strange indeed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 11:14 am

“Lucky me.” Kurtis said with a roll of his eyes. He didnt care about the firm at all but the thought of completely tearing it’s roots from the ground and watch it shrivel up got more and more tempting. Just because he wanted to see Romeo hurt by that. Though as Romeo said he would stop by, Kurtis actually smiled. “Yeah, we live on the 3rd floor and have a perfect view..” … You could watch it while I throw you out the fucking window shithead.
A banquet? He sighed. “Uh-huh. See you there then.” He said, moving on to make his leave. He called up Zaira like he promised, though it would be a lie to say that Romeo’s words didnt stick. Sure Kurtis had a sneaking suspicion that somehow Romeo could do something to make Zaira act so unlike herself. But he was also a dumb teenager so if his girl liked someone else all of a sudden, that would remove all rational thoughts and he’d forget that things werent just as they seemed.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

Full name : Romeo Altieri
Quote : I don’t want a life without you. If we die, we’ll die together.

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 12:37 pm

Romeo bid his cousin goodbye, sighing to himself as he went back to his schoolwork. Kurtis was fun. He knew he was being careful right now, but as soon as he had returned somewhat to normal, he knew that the lycan wouldn't hesitate to jump him. Maybe he should stop by the apartment some time, just to see how Zaira was holding up. Not that he cared for her, but it would be nice if his little trick had worked on her. Mostly he just wanted to see Kurtis free of that relationship - it wasn't going anywhere in the future. Unless he wanted her as a mistress, in that case he might actually gain some respect for his cousin.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

Full name : Emanuele Zaira Rojas

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 12:39 pm

Zaira had managed to eat a little while Kurtis was gone. Not that she felt hungry, but it at least passed the time. She had texted back and forth with Jeremy. He knew what had happened at the hospital because she told him everything. She was sitting on the couch, curled up under a blanket as she felt her phone vibrate. Picking it up she held it to her ear, "Kurtis?" she breathed out, her heart started pumping. She just needed to hear his voice, then she could calm down.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 12:51 pm

“Hey. I’m on my way home now.” He said, breathing out as there were still a lot of emotions from the encounter with Romeo. It had been easy to stay calm but he had still felt the frustration, annoyance. The worry that his cousin may be right. He spoke with her on the phone until he was unlocking their front door and entered. Then he went to her as she laid on the couch, laying down over her just to hold her close. “I’m here now.” He mumbled, closing his eyes as he felt tired. But he hadnt really been eating much else today than pain meds, so it was quite obvious why he was so tired.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 1:01 pm

She heard the door unlock and looked towards the door. He was by her soon enough and the relief she felt as he laid down on her was immeasurable. Wrapping her arms around him she kissed his cheek, holding him close as she buried her face in his shoulder. "You need to eat," she muttered, getting out from under him if he let her, grabbing a plate for him as she reached the kitchen. Heating up the food didn't take long, and she made sure to add a healthy amount of food for him. Returning she placed the plate on the coffee table along with a big glass of water.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 1:11 pm

She was right, and he let her move out, though as soon as he felt the leftover heat in the blanket she had had around her along with the warm smell of her, he pretty much just fell asleep with his head buried in the blanket. He didnt even wake up when she came in with the plate of food. If she touched him, he’d just grumble a few tired words, turning to lay on his back. The smell of food made his stomach hurt and he eventually woke up from it. He moved down and sat on the floor while he ate, thanking her for the food. “There will be a banquet this month that I have to go to.” He said after a while.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 1:16 pm

He was always kinda cute when he was sleepy, or at least that was what she thought at least. Seeing him eat made her feel more at ease, sitting back on the couch, wrapping the blanket around her once more. She was silent, just looking at him eat, that was until he mentioned a banquet. Frowning she looked a little confused, "a fancy one? Like in the movies?" she asked. Sure, her mother had money, but they weren't ever really invited anywhere. Newly rich meant that most people tried to avoid you like the plague, not that she and her mother would fit in anyways. "Do you want me to come with you?" she wasn't sure if he was asking her, but she might as well ask. Reaching out she touched his hair, playing with it for a bit. It had gotten pretty long after his stay in the hospital.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 1:31 pm

“It’s just going to be a bunch of people who my dad is trying to either impress or outshine.” He mumbled but confirmed that it probably was a bit like in the movies, just without all the action and adding in a bunch of old dudes. The question whether he wanted her to come along made him shake his head. “No, my dad would just find a way to make you leave. And Romeo would be there too.” He said, feeling her touch his hair. “I should get a haircut, I know.” He mumbled as he continued to eat.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm

Okay, he didn't want her there. The mention of Romeo made her feel weird again, letting go of his hair as he spoke about getting a haircut. Frowning she shrugged, "I like your hair," she said, but she felt so weirdly numb. Swallowing she got up, folding up her blanket and placing it nicely on the couch. "I'm gonna go to bed," she said, feeling so ... Robotic. Like she wasn't really in control even if she were. There was just something about him mentioning Romeo that made her feel weird. "Do you want to join me?" she asked, hoping it would make it sound less strange.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 1:49 pm

“Do you?” He asked because he didnt really care that it was longer. Except he got annoyed whenever he had to wear a headband to see. He just continued eating, though something did suddenly feel a bit off. He just couldnt figure it out. “Soon.” He said, finishing up the plate before he went to the kitchen to wash it up. He sighed and scratched the side of his neck a little before he pulled out his phone. He didnt really know why but he texted his cousin either way.

[Texts between Kurtis and Romeo]
[Kurtis:] What are you up to tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 1:53 pm

Zaira smiled at him, heading in to their bedroom as she got out of her clothes. She crawled under the covers, turning over so she could look outside at the sun that was slowly going down in the distance. The bedroom was illuminated in a warm orange color, but it didn't hurt her eyes. Looking out she just waited until Kurtis would join her. She liked sleeping the most if she had him to snuggle up to, especially because he was so warm.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 1:55 pm

Romeo chuckled to himself as he saw the message. So he had managed to peak his cousin's interest after all. He adjusted himself in his seat before he pulled his phone closer to reply.

[Romeo:] I've got some errands to run in Central
[Romeo:] Why? Are you inviting me over?
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 2:27 pm

He went to grab his toothbrush, mostly because he didnt want to sleep with the aftertaste of tomato sauce. He checked his phone and sighed at the reply. Like hell he would ever do that. This place was supposed to be a place where his family couldnt get to them and he intended to keep it that way.

[Kurtis:] No, stop asking me. What errands?
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 2:32 pm

Getting up from his seat he was packing away his studies for now, taking them back to the room he had at his uncle's mansion. He was quite lucky to have a room that overlooked the garden, which he appreciated a lot. Besides that he even had his own bathroom. The message from Kurtis arrived as he got in to his room, taking off his tie as he placed his notepad and book by his nightstand.

[Romeo:] I have to pick up some books
[Romeo:] Why are you all of a sudden interested in me, dear cousin?
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 2:43 pm

He finished brushing his teeth and cleaned his mouth with water, taking off his hoodie and lifing up his t-shirt. There were still small scars in his side and he wondered if it would go away. Probably not when he had used silver. The places where he had had stitches were healed nicely. He checked his phone and let his t-shirt fall back down in place. He didnt walk around uncovered a lot lately.

[Kurtis:] Lame. Text me when you’re doing something interesting.
[Kurtis:] Considering the family hard on my dad has for you, I might as well take some notes from hanging out with the boy wonder.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 2:49 pm

Sighing he shook his head. That guy was really hard to figure out, wasn't he? Sitting down on the edge of his bed he considered his reply. Maybe it was lame to Kurtis that he actually did have a life besides work and studies. Though he doubted that his cousin could understand the true pressure he was under. He thought about Eden, wondering when he last had spoken to him. Both of them were busy, but he had to admit since the weekend getaway he had thought about him more.

[Romeo:] Well you can come with me afterwards
[Romeo:] I'm supposed to entertain some lower business partners tomorrow night
[Romeo:] And for Koric's sake, wear something decent
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 3:25 pm

The next reply was far more interesting and Kurtis hummed to himself as he thought about it. He sent a thumbs up followed by saying he’d come by the mansion. He could imagine that whatever clothes he’d pick, Romeo would find some kind of flaw and scold him for it, he was sure of it. He just threw his phone onto the sofa before he went to join Zaira in bed, pulling her in close before he buried his face in her hair. She always smelled so nice, it was really one of his comfort things to do.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 3:32 pm

Zaira felt him pull her close and she smiled, wrapping her arms around him in return. "One of these days you're going to end up suffocating like that," she muttered, kissing his shoulder. He was still wearing his shirt and part of her knew why. Her hands ran down his side, moving up under his shirt if he didn't stop her. "I miss feeling your skin," she admitted. They hadn't really done much since he had gotten out of the hospital. Not that either of them seemed ready regardless, but she missed feeling his warmth against her. Her hands moved careful, not wanting to take things too fast. "Have you got any plans for tomorrow? Me and Jeremy talked about going to the movies all four of us?" she suggested.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 3:38 pm

“Sounds like a good way to go.” He mumbled back, lifting his head so he could breathe again. He let her move her hands under his shirt but somehow not wearing it just felt like he was displaying all the shit he had gone through, even if it wasnt there. Mentally it still stuck, every stitch and bruise and the burns from stubborn medical tape. “I know.” He whispered back, closing his eyes for a bit.
It was nice feeling her soft caresses, as long as it was just that. The suggestion made him open his eyes as he looked at her. “I’ve made plans already, I’m sorry.” He said, lifting a hand to cup her face. “But I’ll be home to sleep right next to you.” He promised, kissing her forehead.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 3:46 pm

"Plans with your father?" she asked, already feeling the dread in her. She stopped touching him, not wanting him to feel how scared it made her. It wasn't fair that she could affect him through touch. He cupped her face, and for a second she hoped he would say something more comforting. His promise was nice, the kiss on her forehead too, but she felt like she wasn't sure how to take it. "Am I boring you?" she asked. He hadn't really bothered touching her other than her face and hands. Sometimes she wished he would just touch her stomach or her back. Maybe her thigh. It wasn't like she was really ready to be intimate again after the shit with Romeo, but she wanted to feel like he still wanted her. He had always done that through touch. "I mean ... I know I haven't really been putting out," she said, looking down. Did she feel ashamed? Yeah, because they had barely been able to keep their hands off of each other before the hospital. Now it just seemed like he was just clinging on to her to be nice or because he found comfort in her being the same.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 3:56 pm

He didnt answer her question, mostly because he didnt want to lie and he didnt want to say what his plans actually were. So he could really only tell her that it wouldnt be the whole night. Her question felt a bit sudden but also expected at some extent. “Zaira…” he sighed, moving his hand up into her hair, caressing her scalp with his fingertips.
He just didnt know how to explain it. It was hard wanting to be physical when he still felt like he was healing somehow. And a part of him wasnt even sure if he even worked like he should. It was scary. Though it somehow did agitate him that she was trying to talk about it. “You’re saying that like I didnt just have a vasectomy made on me against my will.” He said a little annoyed but then he sighed and shook his head. “No, sorry. It’s not your fault it happened.” He reminded himself, moving a bit away to look at her. “What do you want?” He asked in a softer tone than the annoyed one.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 4:10 pm

She held her breath as he spoke to her. Like she didn't know what had happened to him? Like she hadn't been there the whole time at the hospital, every day even on school days? He apologized but she shook her head, moving away from him. He asked what she wanted and she just shook her head, getting out of bed. Taking her pillow she gave him one look, one that showed how hurt she was, before she went in to the living room. Unfolding the blanket she saw his phone there. A message from Romeo on screen that said: "See you then". A sinking feeling in her gut, she placed the phone on the coffee table before laying down on the couch, curling up as she hid her face away.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 4:21 pm

She got up and he felt his jaw tremble a bit as she left. It didnt feel fair at all. He would have probably loved to just have sunk into doing what he always had done but it just didnt feel right after this. He just looked at her as she gave him that hurt look. He just stared back at her, seeing her go and leave him alone. He clenched his hand but didnt burst out in anger like he could have. He felt tame and numb while angry and frustrated. He moved and rustled around with a few things, pulling out a small box he seemed to carry anywhere. Inside was a sharp silver piece wrapped in cloth so his fingers wouldnt burn. He got off the bed and sat down up against the wall, pulling up his shirt. He looked at the silver piece for a second before he grit his teeth and added another scar to the collection. The burn he felt even through the meds, which was a relief. He kept rather quiet, though his heart was racing and his breath a little unsteady as a fresh drop of blood made it’s way down his side. He put away the silver piece and kicked the box away, leaning his head back as the burn was slowly subsiding.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 4:30 pm

She couldn't sleep like this. Not when that message was still there. Gritting her teeth she sat up, staring at the screen.

How and when she had fallen asleep she wasn't sure. But she woke up, laying on the floor next to the couch. Her neck was hurting and her shoulders were killing her. Shivering from the cold floor she sat up. Her eyes were red and puffy, clearly haven fallen asleep by crying. She hated how selfish she was. But she didn't know any better, she wasn't sure how to deal with all of this. It wasn't exactly something they covered in school, now was it? She got dressed regardless, going out for her morning run. Yeah, she had started running. It was the easiest way to stay active and get some frustrations out.
Eventually she reached back to the apartment, sweat dripping off of her as she came in. "I'm home," she called out, not sure if he had even gotten up yet. Walking in to the bathroom she turned on the water, undressing as she kept her eyes away from the mirror. Well, until she didn't. She stood frozen in time, staring at herself. She felt like she could be nitpicking about her looks forever. Zaira had always really loved her body, never been insecure, until now. Was it her breast? Where they unnaturally uneven? Or perhaps it was her arms. She wasn't sure, but she didn't like looking at herself right now. Her eyes moved further down, looking at her thighs, avoiding the area that had been touched by Romeo.
Finally she got under the water, washing away the sweat and tears, just taking her time getting clean.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 4:42 pm

Once the pain had subsided he had been able to just lie on the bed and be out like a light. When he woke up it was Zaira announcing herself being home and he blinked a few times until he sat up. His shirt was sticking to his side, the small wound having dried up pressed against the fabric. He pulled it free and grit his teeth as a small line of blod spread to cover the swollen wound. But it didnt bleed further so he wasnt too bothered with it. The shirt however did have a spot and so did his duvet. He took of the shirt and removed the cover off his duvet, tossing it aside before he went and got a new shirt. He was quite skinny from staying at the hospital but it was slowly getting better. Only it felt like that him slowly reverting back to normal was just some facade as to how he really felt. He went out on the balcony and lit a cigarette, looking out on the city in silence. It just didnt feel right. He snuffed it out after one drag and put it away, heading back inside to grab his phone. He noticed the message and the placement of his phone, swallowing hard as he began wondering. No, she wouldnt. He just slid the message off the screen and went to get dressed. He looked in the mirror they had, noticing how he couldnt really move without his shirt touching his side. He took it off and grabbed the first aid kit, fiddling a little with a stubborn band aid. It was far too small but he just wanted something subtle to cover it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life is strange indeed   Life is strange indeed - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Life is strange indeed
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next