See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information
World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2020
Season | Spring
Month | March
Upcoming Holiday:
None
<News> The Pipes, Royals and Clans, oh my!
And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
The Pipes, Royals and Clans, oh my!
January - 2020

General information
We are stoked to see new people have joined, and as a result we are working hard at making Kaleidoscope a better place. Over the coming month some changes might appear, but fear not, the lore and races already in …

Comments: 0
<News> Kaleidoscope is OPEN!
And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 9:41 pm by bels
Kaleidoscope is OPEN!
November - 2019

General information
A little late on the welcome, but this is the official notice that we're more than ready to take in newcomers. We have been working hard on setting up this page since last thursday and it's quite rewarding to know that we've managed …

Comments: 0

And so we mend [cw]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre

And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so we mend [cw]   And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 5:26 am

Buffy smiled at his suggestion nodding excitedly at the prospect of picking out a dog for their family together.
She was too occupied with her own armies to really focus much on what Baal was doing. She couldn't hide a small smile as he had said that he wished it would be something in the bedroom. The date thing sounded nice but she wanted to raise the bar. "How about the one to win ... Gets the final say with the dog?" She said.

Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

PostSubject: Re: And so we mend [cw]   And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 3:47 am

He thought about her suggestion as he slowly made his army grow. He could have been faster with the resources he was securing for every turn, but that would give away his evil scheme. "Are you suggesting that Saoirse wouldnt overrule any say we'd have with the dog?" he asked with a chuckle. He got to the border of what could have been another player but instead he drew a card to see what the fate for the unclaimed area would be. He rolled the dices and shrugged when they deemed him to fail in taking over. He sighed and leaned back, "Winner gets to decide our second child's name. Loser picks middle name?" he suggested instead, a smile on his lips because it just seemed to make him feel so much joy, despite that it wasnt a definite.

I would have fallen in love with her
with my eyes closed.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: And so we mend [cw]   And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 10:11 am

Buffy chuckled. "Don't you think that Saoirse would pick every single one to take with her home?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at Baal. She could just imagine the toddler with a whole army of dogs walking out of the animal shelter. Chuckling to herself she shook her head, frowning as she lost some of her army in a battle, removing the pieces with a sigh before she looked to Baal once more.
Hearing what he suggested made her stomach twist with delight, mostly because she felt her breath halter a little. "You said we couldn't get me excited," she whispered, feeling her heart beat a little faster, but not by much. It was just the thought of having another child, another living symbol of the love they shared. "Alright," she said.

Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: And so we mend [cw]   And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 1:59 am

“Well it would be heartbreaking to deny her that wish, wouldnt it?” He asked in teasing before he chuckled softly. He liked the thought of Saoirse not being able to make up her mind about which dog she’d want. He watched as her army got smaller, narrowing his eyes a little as he drew in a sympathetic breath.
Her whisper made him fold his lips as he felt a little bad for his suggestion when they had agreed to keep her heartrate normal and yet he sat here doing the opposite. “I forgot to think before I spoke,” he said with a sigh but he liked that she had agreed to it. Hopefully he could keep his re-sparked excitement to himself just while they were supposed to be calm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: And so we mend [cw]   And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:58 am

Buffy sighed as he spoke, shaking her head. It was her own fault. She needed to be more mindful of keeping herself calm. However the mere thought of Baal just grabbing her right now and the two of them going at it until she actually was with child, was just a thought that sent her spiraling. Would two children ever be enough or would they keep on getting more and more as time passed? "I'm losing my focus," she mumbled a little weakly, closing her eyes to just gather herself. Why did he have such a strong hold over her with this? It was like all he had to do was suggest something happening, and her mind and heart would be racing. "Now would be the best time for you to strike," she said, exhaling as she moved some of her army around. She was bracing for battle, but her mind couldn't stop going on and on.

Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: And so we mend [cw]   And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 11:13 pm

He could tell that he had distracted her mind and her mumble made him frown a little worried. “It wouldnt be fair to take advantage of you,” he said as he grabbed her hand gently before he kissed her knuckles. “Do you need a break from the game? We can go on a small walk or something?” He suggested. Anything to get her to calm down, if that was possible.

with my eyes closed.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: And so we mend [cw]   And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 EmptyToday at 12:37 pm

Buffy just looked at her hand when he took it, saw how gentle he was and it made her more calm. His suggestion made her nod. "Some fresh air would be nice," she said, smiling at him, however she couldn't help but frown. Just thinking about needing to stay calm could be hard when she had hoped that this day would've been a day for the two of them just to be themselves around each other. Instead it felt like she needed to shield herself off, and it didn't feel good. She had always been one to follow her heart, but how could she trust it if she wasn't allowed to let it go crazy when she looked at him. Moving to stand up she felt a little light headed, leaning against the couch, closing her eyes. "Could you grab me a glass of water?" she pleaded, feeling like she had a headache coming on. Perhaps she just needed to drink a good glass of cold water to make it go away.

Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: And so we mend [cw]   And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 EmptyToday at 1:28 pm

He nodded and got up to go get their jackets as her plea made him frown a little. Didnt sound like she was doing well, so he felt the worry begin. “Of course,” he said as he went to the kitchen to get her her water. He came back and saw how she was leaning against the couch. “What’s going on Buffy? Talk to me,” he pleaded softly, letting her have her water.

with my eyes closed.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: And so we mend [cw]   And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 EmptyToday at 1:57 pm

He came back with the glass of water, and as he handed it to her she reached out to grab it. Only to feel her hand phase right through it. Her eyes widened in surprise, looking at her hand as she started shaking a little from fear. Reaching out to grab the glass once more, thinking maybe it was just her mind playing tricks on her, it phased right through once more. A surprised exhale escaped her lips as she stumbled a bit backwards, feeling her headache getting stronger. Frowning she placed a hand on her forehead. "I ... I don't know," she mumbled, however the pain wasn't as unbearable as it had been the first time around. She looked at her hands in disbelief, her breath getting a little uneasy as she felt herself scared. "My head hurts, but my heart is fine ... I don't understand ... I was calm, I held it together, why?" she mumbled, trying not to freak out too much as she thought it might worsen it. She looked at Baal, feeling desperation set in as she reached forward to take his hand, however as her hand went right through his, she whimpered helplessly. She couldn't even get his comfort.

Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: And so we mend [cw]   And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 EmptyToday at 2:28 pm

Seeing her hand phase through the glass made him frown a little but he didnt know what to say. They had been trying to avoid this from happening and yet it was happening again. He placed the glass on the table after her second attempt, but as she stumbled backwards, he wanted to reach out yet he knew that he couldnt do anything. “I dont know why it’s happening,” he said truthfully as he watched her reach for his hand. When she phased through, he exhaled deeply and looked into her eyes. “Calm breaths alright? I’m sure it’ll pass soon,” he said but he wasnt sure he believed his own words. “Whatever it is, it’s happening now, and we cant change that,” he said as he carefully reached his hand out to hover it close to hers but he wouldnt touch her when he knew his hand would go through. “I’m here with you,” he said with a deep sigh. He wish he knew what to say, but he couldnt figure out what it was. And suggesting that she’d take control of it seemed reckless.

with my eyes closed.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: And so we mend [cw]   And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 EmptyToday at 2:59 pm

Buffy felt like she was losing her mind. Not even being able to grab Baal's hand and hold it close to her, it was like some twisted and sick plot by those that had tried to keep them apart. However she looked at his hand hovering so close to her and she started to shiver once more. What if she was stuck this way? What if she would never be able to hold him again? And what about their daughter? Their beautiful little daughter that needed her mother still. "Is there nothing I can do?" she asked, feeling like maybe he knew something. He had the other part of the artifact, could he perhaps do anything? Or what about trying to call Alyssa again, maybe she could come by or send someone? She just felt this immense panic in her body and it only seemed to worsen.

Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: And so we mend [cw]   And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 EmptyToday at 4:55 pm

"Clear your mind and focus, keep your heart calm, my love, or it'll feed on your panic" he said with a small frown, thinking they might as well do some trial and error now that she wasnt in pain like she had been the first time. It didnt seem that the artifact in his chest reacted much to what was happening to her, but it hadnt really seemed to do much since the split either way. "I know I cant help you, but you're strong without me," he said, hoping his words would somehow encourage her. "But I'm here at your side, even if you cant feel it," he assured her. He pulled out his phone to call Alyssa, keeping his eyes on Buffy as he waited for her to pick up, granted that she wasnt busy.

with my eyes closed.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: And so we mend [cw]   And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 EmptyToday at 5:16 pm

Buffy felt scared, but he was right. Even before he was in her life, she was strong willed and independent. However she had always felt a little scared deep down. Scared that she might be left alone and isolated because she didn't fit in anywhere. At least she wasn't turning invisible. Nodding to herself, she paced around for a bit, looking down she noticed how she had walked through the coffee table, one leg clearly phasing through the tabletop, but she hadn't disturbed any of the board pieces on there. Even the glass of water stood perfectly still.

Alyssa picked up, but she didn't seem in a good mood. "What now? Has she fallen through the floorboards now?" she asked but it clearly wasn't a frustration towards Baal. Things were just heating up at the meeting, and she was getting frustrated. "Sorry ... What's going on?" she asked.

Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: And so we mend [cw]   And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 EmptyToday at 6:05 pm

From their last call, he hadnt expected her to be in a better mood by the time he called. He watched as Buffy paced around, frowning a little at Alyssa's words. "Not quite," he said as he then shook his head a little at her apology, though she wouldnt be able to see it. "It's happening again. But this time it seems different," he said as he went to explain how she wasnt in pain but they couldnt know if that would change due the unknown nature of the artifact in her chest. He sighed deeply and placed a hand over his own heart, "I dont know why my piece isnt seemingly bothered by hers, it would make sense that there would be some sort of reaction, but there's none," he said with a frown as he looked down at his hand.

with my eyes closed.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: And so we mend [cw]   And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 EmptyToday at 6:56 pm

Alyssa placed her thumb and her index finger on the bridge of her nose, rubbing it slightly as she closed her eyes. She was in the middle of a meeting, and the way she kept getting calls didn't put her in a great position. "If your piece isn't reacting, maybe it's caused by her being merging with the part of the artifact inside ... Perhaps something is making a disconnect between the two pieces," she said in a pondering tone. Breathing out in a sigh she shook her head to herself. "Or perhaps the artifact has messed with her soul, does she feel any different ... Hunger wise for you?" she asked knowing it was a troublesome topic for the summoner to even consider. However she wasn't there in person, and she needed all of the facts.

Buffy moved away from the table, but she stayed relatively close to Baal. "I don't feel different ... I mean, besides just walking through things," she said, loud enough so that Alyssa could hear her too. Buffy moved closer to Baal, standing in front of him, she frowned, mostly because she wanted to reach out and touch him, but she was scared of just phasing through him. "But ... I do hear like a faint whisper ... Not my inner voice, more like ... Something else," she said.

Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: And so we mend [cw]   And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 EmptyToday at 7:47 pm

Her ponder made him frown a little as he thought it through. It could make sense that the pieces not being in sync with one another could cause some sort of discourse. But her suggestion that Buffy might be changing made him feel a little worried, though Buffy's answer was somewhat relieving. It could however still be a possibility. "It should be impossible that she would change. Fenixes are like a completely different breed compared to the rest of us and couldnt be tampered with, that's what the scrolls have said for at least a thousand years," he said, running a hand through his hair before he listened to Buffy. "What is it whispering to you?" he asked as he bit the inside of his cheek a little.

with my eyes closed.”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: And so we mend [cw]   And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 EmptyToday at 8:02 pm

Alyssa agreed with a small humming noise before thinking through everything. Genetically she can't be changed, but that means the artifact needs to latch on to something else - I suspect her soul, but if that was the case then ... Then she would be splitting in half before your eyes," Alyssa said in a pondering tone.
"I don't know ... It's not a language I've heard before, it sounds ancient," Buffy said, frowning as she felt a shiver run down her spine. She still held a hand to her head, the headache still pretty bad, but she was managing it pretty well.
"It is said that inside of us all there is like a switch, basically one that determines if you have an extraordinary ability ... While Saoirse has shown that she indeed has abilities, perhaps that means that Buffy could be capable of having a dormant ability that the artifact have taken over or maybe replaced?" Alyssa said. But it was all speculation at this point.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And so we mend [cw]   And so we mend [cw] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

And so we mend [cw]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Churchill City :: Western District :: Warren Crescent-
Jump to: