Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Opening the Can of Worms EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Opening the Can of Worms EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Opening the Can of Worms EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Opening the Can of Worms EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Opening the Can of Worms EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Opening the Can of Worms

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Romeo

Romeo

Full name : Romeo Altieri
Quote : I don’t want a life without you. If we die, we’ll die together.

Opening the Can of Worms Empty
PostSubject: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 11:41 pm

For @Eden and @Kurtis (maybe a @Zaira cameo but we'll see) <3

The old year had come and gone, and returning from a much needed vacation, Romeo felt much better. Him and Eden were engaged, and quite frankly they might've been clingy before, but these days they had a hard time keeping their hands off of each other. It was as if their love had been ignited anew, perhaps why Kareema and Josette spent more time away from the mansion and doing other things. The two love birds were not shy to show just how much they seemed to need one another. It would always start with something almost innocent happening only for them in the next breath to be undressing and devouring one another. Ah yes, the sweetness of love and lust were blossoming just fine.
But there were looming clouds above. The trial against his family; Romeo's need to be independent from said family; And then there was the matter of Kurtis. Both of them had a score to settle, and with the way Romeo had behaved against Zaira it wasn't that odd. He perhaps deserved to get bitten and tossed around for a bit, but he had promised Eden to keep his head high. Maybe that was why he had opted to be ahead in this, inviting his cousin and his girlfriend over to the mansion. Truth be told, it would end badly, but at least they would've started out civil, right? That had to count for something at least in his book.
He was standing in his bedroom that he shared with Eden, fresh out of the shower and only wearing his towel around his waist. Looking at the outfit he had picked out, he wasn't sure if he should be dressing for tea or a fist fight. Regardless he picked something leaning on the more casual side; a grey knitted sweater that he had gotten on their vacation, paired with a pair of brown corduroy pants.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

Full name : Eden Gabriel Altieri
Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 12:35 am

The vacation had been everything they needed in order to fully relax, detach from the wilderness that were their current situation. Eden had really cherished those days and even now when they had returned, it was like he rekindled with those good times even at home. When Romeo suggested inviting his cousin over, Eden could still remember how the hothead had showed up once before for a fight; one Eden was hoping wouldnt repeat. At least he was at his full strength now and not battling a possibly deadly infection. But when he heard the girl was coming along too, he felt weird. He knew what she was now. The only true walking reminder of Laure; sure there was Josette but this was different. The human girl was not human anymore, not really.
He had been a little distracted by the thought of the hybrid so he had been in his study until he eventually went to check up on Romeo. “I wish we could go back.” He sighed, walking over to grab the lycan’s hips and gently pull him in.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 12:48 am

Feeling the vampyre pull him closer by the hips made him grit his teeth. Gods, why was he so inviting? The sensation of the cold fingers against his bare skin made goosebumps appear, shivering slightly in delight at the touch. "I know," he replied, leaning his head back against the vampyre's shoulder, just leaning his back against his front. "But I need to do this ... I can't have this looming over our heads forever, and I need to face it before the trial starts," that much was for certain. He couldn't bear to think of having this be in the back of his mind when he needed his full focus on the legal shit that would soon go down. Turning around, he looked up at those familiar blue-green eyes, his arms wrapping around his shoulders in a loose embrace. "Once this - and I mean all of it - is over, we are going to go away again, I promise you," he said, his thumbs stroking the vampyre's cold neck. He wanted to go back to that small town, he wanted to go back to their cave. He almost couldn't wait, already longing for them to turn back time to just a few weeks prior when they had been out all day skiing and spent their nights with one another. It was strange how Romeo couldn't get enough of Eden. Like he would never get bored, not even for a second.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 9:21 am

Feeling Romeo lean back against him, he loosened his grip to wrap his arms lightly around him, resting his cold hands on his warm sides. He did steal the opportunity to lean his head down to the nape of his neck to inhale softly. “Yeah, but arent you worried that nothing will be resolved?” Eden wasnt the type to plant any doubts but from what he had seen and experienced from the cousin, he didnt quite seem to be a realæy reasonable guy. Like saying one word in a way the hotheaded lycan heard differently could derail the whole situation.
“I do like the sound of that.” He chuckled softly at the promise. It would probably be exactly what they needed anyway if the trials had drained them completely. To get away and just have each other. “The outfit is fine. But I prefer you like this.” He remarked, his hands slowly moving around his body. Okay, it maybe was a little too easy getting riled up when he was still on the strong haze of the engagement.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 10:56 am

To the describe the feeling of Eden's breath against his neck was impossible, as he could hardly think, and yet he had gotten better at keeping his focus on the conversation they were having. "I don't know ... But if he's the only family that isn't against us, I don't want to rule him out just yet," was it pathetic that he held on to a hope such as this? That maybe, just maybe, a small fragment of his family would still see him as family even after all the shit they had done? He breathed out, shaking his head, "I assaulted his girlfriend ... Or rather, he thinks I did, but I guess that doesn't justify anything," he said. He knew he could be candid with the vampyre, as neither of them were any angel in disguise.
The suggestion of a trip seemed to make the vampyre very happy. At least they would have something to look forward to. But as the remark came Romeo had to grit his teeth, trying to stifle a moan that came out more as a sigh as he tried to repress it. "You've already had me before my shower," though it was far from a complaint, leaning in to the touches and feeling how he was slowly losing interest in fighting against it.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 11:17 am

He hummed softly against his neck. It made sense that he wanted to salvage some part of his family as it was what he had had growing up. Eden wouldnt argue whether it was a good or bad idea; Because he surely didnt know. He hadnt had the same opportunity, well except for Josette but he had welcomed her with open arms at this point and the circumstaces were different. “Oh well, that clears up on why he’s been so angry all this time.” He scoffed. He didnt mind what Romeo had done, because he put him in such high regards. The lycan could trample and treat everyone else like crap, as long as he only looked at Eden with those soft eyes filled with love.
But Eden’s mind had already wandered, and touching Romeo’s exposed skin had not been helping at all. “I guess I’m just really needy. One thing was to have a boyfriend but now I’m an engaged man. Just thinking about it makes me eager to please you the best way I can.” He admitted softly, smiling as he looked to the lycan. He leaned in to connect their lips, tender cute kisses, while his hands gently, slowly brushed his soft skin.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 11:37 am

They were really like cats in heat, and Romeo could hardly stand to deny him now. Feeling the soft touches, he gave in, returning the kisses as his own hands moved up in to the vampyre's short hair. Grabbing on slightly to the back of his scalp, he pulled lightly, teasingly, to have him closer. His tongue eager now, licking the cold lips slowly and yet with clear need to taste him. His fiancé. Only his. It was still something so big to wrap his mind around, and yet it was himself that had asked. Even feeling the band of the ring against his skin made it feel so real. "Cazzo," he swore in to the other's mouth, the taste of their saliva mixing having become so enticing over the weeks. It was like the anticipation would kill him if he had to wait much longer.
He moved backwards, knowing that Eden would follow his lead. He broke their kiss, sitting down on the side of the bed, smiling up at the man towering over him. His eyes filled with love as his fingers teasingly undid his belt. "Talking about pleasing," he muttered, smiling at him as he was sitting there on the edge. He loved this, feeling how they moved in sync and both knew what was coming. It was a sort of trust you rarely found in the world. "I feel like you've neglected my mouth," his breath a little heavier, almost to the point where he knew he would start to hiccup if he didn't relax his breathing more.
There was a polite knock on the door and he groaned. He knew it meant that they wouldn't have long before the guests would arrive, and while he loved feeling Eden up, he also knew how much he disliked anyone seeing Romeo when he had been satisfied. "I fear we might need to postpone this for later," he sighed.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 1:28 pm

The kisses they exchanged quickly seemed to heat up the moment and as Romeo licked his lips, he got the memo rather quick. Their tongues met and Eden moaned lightly, following the lycan blindly to the bed. The kiss ended and Eden looked at him sitting there on the edge of the bed. It was probably one of the best sights he could have of him. Well among the other thousand sights in different moods. This one was at least quite fitting. “Have I?” He asked, moving a hand down to cup it around the lycan’s chin, wiping off a bit of excess saliva. The knock however made him sigh and he knew it meant that their playtime was over. “At least let me see that you long for me too.” He sighed. He wanted to at least get a look on what was looming under the towel, even if that was all he would get.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

Full name : Kurtis Trevino

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 1:33 pm

Bring Zaira around? No fucking way. He already got the creeps of having to go alone. He didnt need to also worry whether this was just some screwed up setup. If Lucius found out that Romeo had even reached out… nah Kurtis didnt care what the old man would say. But hearing about everything from the side line was annoying. Lucius was up to something and Kurtis didnt know whether it was a good or bad thing. He didnt want to get involved too much; which meant that Zaira just couldnt come along as well. And he didnt want to have to be the guy who told her no, that she couldnt do this or that as if he had any fucking say in what she could do with her life. He had to take in a deep breath, keep himself calm. The mansion looked lavished and yet he didnt like being here. Maybe it was knowing. Or not knowing what was going on.

Last edited by Kurtis on Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 11:36 pm

Eden's request was answered as Romeo slowly unfolded the towel around his waist, showing just how turned on he was. However he had to shoo the vampyre out of the room to get dressed, not needing to be riled up further.
Once he had calmed down and gotten dressed he headed down in to the living room. Josette and Kareema had taken down the Solstice decorations, so now the home felt almost a little empty. It was alright, because Josette was already planning how to decorate for the Week of Love. He moved over, trying to sit down, but ultimately deciding to stand up. It was one thing to face his cousin, another was to actually talk with him, maybe settle this dispute. He just hoped that Eden was wrong and that they could find some sort of solution.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

Full name : Emanuele Zaira Rojas

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 11:36 pm

She knew Kurtis didn't want her there, but she felt like she needed to. The last time had been Kurtis loosing his cool, and while she of course had relished in the fact that he had gotten to defend her, it wasn't something she asked of him. Of course she knew nothing about the inner workings and rules of the Trevino family, but she had been around long enough to not trust two Trevino's to share a room without a fight breaking loose.
Moving her hand down, she touched his, not sure if he wanted the support, but maybe she was being selfish and needed some from him? Swallowing, she looked up at the big mansion, feeling a shiver down her back as she could still remember being here almost bleeding out. Or well, she could remember bits and pieces. It was strange how her memory tried to block it out. "Together, right?" she whispered, unsure if she dared take the first step alone.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 11:46 pm

He felt her soft hand brush his and while his instinct was telling him to pull away, make sure that his tough side remained, he still grabbed her hand in a soft grip. The whisper made him clench his jaw. Sometimes he wished he could do things alone for them. Spare her anymore bullshit. But he took the first step and pulled her with him, knocking on the door, his face still angry like that was somehow a permanent expression at this point. It was a tall female vampyre with dark skin that opened the door, looking from one to the other. Her eyes did however linger on Zaira like something seemed a little confusing. Well, meeting someone who seemed fully human yet smelling like a vampyre was something to behold. She gestured for them to follow, leading them in to the living room. When Kurtis saw Romeo he frowned, though it wouldnt have been a big chance from his expression since he got here.

Last edited by Kurtis on Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 12:02 am

Zaira felt nervous, but of course, who wouldn't be when faced with something like this? She also wanted a chance to talk to that mysterious male vampyre. He had given his card after all, promised to help her, and yet she was still trying to come to terms with everything. Feeling a bit like a freak when she drank blood, and yet it seemed like Kurtis was trying to be supportive. Though there would always be a part of her that worried that maybe he would some day have enough. That he would realize just how strange she had gotten.
Following Kurtis' lead, she held his hand, already knowing that he would've normally not done this. But he did it for her, and she was happy he did. As the door was opened, a new face appeared, one that she hadn't seen before. Her heart was beating a little faster, even for her, feeling it in her throat as her pulse rose. Being lead in to the mansion and then to what she presumed was some sort of lounge, she saw him standing there. Unknowingly, her jaw clenched up, giving Kurtis' hand a squeeze as if she was trying to contain herself. The anger was boiling in her, and yet she remained where she had entered, staring at the silver haired lycan with disgust.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 12:02 am

Romeo was uncertain about how to handle this, and even less so as his cousin and his girlfriend entered. He didn't have to touch Zaira to know she was furious, but he had to admit he admired the fact that she was restraining herself so well. "Welcome," it almost didn't feel like his own voice speaking, but he knew it was, he just felt beside himself. "I'm ... Actually relieved you showed up," he had to admit, clearing his throat, looking down as he knew to skip the formalities already.
"I know that words mean nothing, that it is within actions that one must show improvements, but I am sorry," he said, looking up at Kurtis and then to Zaira. He knew his words might even upset them further, but he needed to be the bigger person right now. "I don't expect you to ever forgive me, nor would I want you to ... I have made life hard for you, Kurtis, I was blinded by my uncle's persuasion and promises, but I made those choices and I want to show you that I'm taking full responsibilities for them," he said, walking over to a table, taking out two envelopes. He handed one to Kurtis and one to Zaira. "I know money won't heal a wound, but I also want the two of you to have a real chance at building some credit, so ... With the help of my fiancé, I've invested some money in your name, hoping that those investments will bear fruit for your future," it was a lot to unpack, but he knew it wouldn't ever be enough, and perhaps Kurtis would be too proud to even take it.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 12:35 am

As soon as hesaw his cousin, he felt empty for words. Yet the stinging in his hands, begging to get some action was only furthering his need to just do something dumb. Something mind numbing, primal even. It didnt take thoughts to swing a fist; it was the easiest thing to do. Yet Romeo spoke and for now Kurtis listened. At least while he was searching for a moment to make a snarky remark. And yet he was restraining himself from being vile. At least while he could feel the vampyres in the house. He wondered whether they were listening, ready to jump in at any given moment. It did seem so typically Romeo, somehow always looking for some way to build bridges that would benefit him. Kurtis felt his jaw tremble slightly with anger. The lycan approached them and as Romeo went to fetch them envelopes, even to approach them and hand out, Kurtis just stared at it. “We dont need your fucking money.” He just hissed as Romeo had explained them, shaking his head before he looked to Romeo in disgust. No, he couldnt be the bigger person. “But it’s so easy for you to just buy your way to forgiveness, right? Lucius taught you that shit.” He remarked angrily, to then seem disgusted. “You know… I didnt think you were all bad at one point..” he admitted, needing to let go of Zaira as her emotions distracted him. Because he was always watching her, making sure she was alright if he could. And now just wasnt the time. “But then I fucking heard… You siding with the girl that Lucius touched. Like you are not just like him.” He said, gritting his teeth at the last part. “Or have the whole getting disowned and discarded made you forget what you did? When you did exactly that to Zaira, pushing her on top of me when I was in a hospital bed. And now, now you decide to be all high and mighty?” He had to scoff at the end, his eyes a little teary from the memory. “No, keep your fucking money.” He said and that was final.

Last edited by Kurtis on Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 12:56 am

He had expected the rejection. Nothing less. But was he stupid enough to hope that something could be rectified? Kurtis spoke about what Romeo had done. Was he better than Lucius? No. No he wasn't, maybe he was even worse, but was it wrong to believe that people could change? He just stood there, envelopes in hand as his eyes were a bit empty. If his former self would've seen him now, so desperate to reach out and get some sort of familiar connection, he was sure he would've fought it even more. His eyes welled up a bit, but he was not going to pretend he was the victim here. Instead he looked to Zaira, seeing the change she had gone through was startling if you knew the before. Was she prettier now? She seemed different, and yet he wasn't sure if it was because of the change or because he was now just realizing how much worth she had.
"I don't want to offend you ... I just want to give you this as an olive branch," but he stopped himself, feeling his emotions getting caught up in his throat. He looked down, frowning to himself as he wasn't sure what to say. But then he knew. And he also knew Kurtis would never believe him, so did he even have to waste his breath? "I am fucked up, not only from Lucius but from my mother and the whole family, really," he said, his voice shaking a little, but he was trying to keep himself contained. "But what happened in the hospital wasn't real," he had never really spoken in depth about how his abilities worked. He wasn't even sure if anyone besides his closest family members knew about it. "Zaira, I didn't touch you like you think I did ... I know it doesn't make it better, I still hurt you, and I won't ever get to rectify that, but I didn't assault you physically," was he speaking on deaf ears?
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 12:56 am

Zaira looked rather shocked. Just standing there, she felt Kurtis' hand let go, and it was then she started to feel scared. Like not having his hand in her own would make her a target. As Romeo stepped closer, she took a step back and away, refusing to be closer to her assailant. Kurtis spoke up, and the reminder of what he had done made her body freeze in place as it relived the trauma. She was terrified. Angry. She wanted to burn this whole place to the ground and bury Romeo beneath the ashes. But then she also wanted to run and hide. Cry like she did when she was a little girl and the world was too big and scary - just like it was now.
Then Romeo spoke directly to her, and she stared at him, hatred in her eyes as he spoke of something unthinkable. He said he hadn't touched her! But ... But she had felt ... Her body was shaking a little, shaking her head no as she didn't want them to talk about this, she had come here to put an end to things, not go in circles and talk about what had happened. "Say you were talking the truth ... How would I even know the difference? How would Kurtis know? And besides that, it wouldn't fucking matter, because you have caused me more hurt than anyone I've ever been around," she was finally using her voice, almost silent at first before she found the power in it. "Kurtis? Kurtis has helped me through that whole ordeal, but I'm so far past that hospital scene, because look at me!" she was now practically screaming, her eyes filling with tears of anger and disgust of herself, "I am not me anymore - your sick and twisted games means that I can even be around my own mother without my brain trying to convince me to drink from her neck!" She was shaking right now, feeling so sad and angry. And while it wasn't Romeo who changed her, it was his fault that she had ended up in this whole mess.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 11:51 am

Maybe it was a bit crude to just pull up the hospital scenario but Kurtis just couldnt believe that Romeo had suddenly decided to be a good guy. It had to be out of desperation, or to somehow alienate himself. Yeah, Kurtis just couldnt believe it. Even if he noticed how sad his cousin was getting. So different from his old self. He however listened as Romeo explained himself, at least right up until he said what happened at the hospital hadnt been real. “Holy fucking shit…” he mumbled, though Zaira went ahead and spoke for them. It was true, how would they know the difference? And besides, both of them had dealt with it as if it was real, processed it as if it was real. By all meant it had felt and would be remembered as real. And now it wasnt? Zaira yelled at Romeo and Kurtis didnt really do anything to stop her.

Last edited by Kurtis on Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 11:53 am

Eden had wanted to let Romeo handle it himself, but the yelling didnt really make it sound like things were really bettering. No it did sound very angry and hurt and least to say probably not what Romeo was really hoping for when he had invited them over. So Eden did intervene, appearing next to Romeo even if he could feel the hot headed lycan’s disgust. “It wasnt Romeo who changed you. It wasnt his doing or his games. Actually it is mine, at least my fault. And at that time Romeo had been intended for your spot but I couldnt let her do that to him.” Eden just explained, lifting a hand to gently touch Romeo’s shoulder. He was quite proud of him for trying to make them understand but maybe it wasnt the right time just yet. At least, the seed had been planted now, right? He looked directly at Zaira. “Are you really that unhappy with who you are now? Do you not feel stronger, less weak, less dependent on someone stronger?” He asked, frowning a little. There wasnt just an undo button to be pressed but he wouldnt hear her yell at Romeo as if he had ever had a chance of saving her or changing it. “How much have really changed? I can still hear your heart. You seem to have many of your human functions.” He added.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 1:14 pm

He deserved this. All of the yelling, all of the anger, and he just stood there, absorbing them like a sponge. If only things had been different, and yet this was how it was going to be. He let the hybrid yell, getting her frustrations out, and he didn't say anything. That was when he felt Eden's hand on his shoulder. The vampyre being there wasn't a part of the plan, he had wanted to handle this himself, but it was clear that the two he had hurt could not contain themselves. It wasn't like he blamed them, but he did feel stupid for believing this could remain civil.
He looked down, letting Eden speak as he tried gathering himself a little. He knew he had hurt them. He knew how fucked up he had been toward Kurtis, and he didn't blame his cousin for not believing in his change. But they were actively in the same boat now. Kurtis had chosen to be with someone that the family didn't approve of, and Romeo had done the same. He knew his cousin thought that Romeo was simply just adored by his family, but even that had been a façade. He had been a pawn in the elder's game, and now they were actively tormenting him with having his abusers help in the trial against Josette.
As Eden finished speaking, he looked to Kurtis. His eyes fluid, yet it was clear he was still trying to keep it together. "I'm not asking for forgiveness," he said. He wanted that to be very clear. He was not without blame. "I just ... Without family I fear I might lose connection to something worthwhile ... And now that they know about me and Eden, I won't ever be accepted back," - "I was just hoping that one member in this ratchet family would at least understand, hell, maybe I'm naïve for hoping that anything good will ever come out of the Trevino line, but their rules don't have to affect us if we don't give them the power to."
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 1:14 pm

Zaira was shaking, anger fuming from her, and it didn't help as the vampyre entered. He had only helped her out of obligation, there was no tie to him, at least not in her eyes, but the truth of the matter was that Loralei had in some way sired Zaira. The vampyre tried speaking in practicality, but she shook her head, "I was strong in my own right, even as a human, and the fact that you can't see that is so typical for you immortals," she knew that she was in fact critiquing herself, as she was an immortal now as well. "I have a beating heart, that much is true, but I won't ever get to grow old with Kurtis; I don't even know if this process has made me sterile! I had no choice in this matter, and now you say that I should look at all the advancements I've gotten?" scoffing she shook her head.
"I was perfect the way I was, sure I had pimples and bad hair days, but that was life, that was the best part of it, and your family has stripped my rights from me. Your sister changed me forever, and your defense is asking me whether or not I don't feel stronger?" this was an outrage. She shook her head, looking to Romeo, stepping a few steps forward. She almost looked ready to jump him and snap his neck, but for some reason she kept herself from doing that. "See? Before I would've never dared to walk this close, but now all I'm thinking about is sinking my teeth in to your neck and leave you bleeding out," turning her head to look directly in to Eden's eyes, "same goes for you."
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 2:07 pm

The vampyre that was seemingly Romeo’s boyfriend or fiancé or whatever the fuck entered and Kurtis had to admit that he disliked Romeo, but he hated this guy. Maybe it was just the natural snob energy of a vampyre and how this guy radiated it like crazy. He spoke to Zaira and Kurtis grit his teeth a little angrily but Zaira spoke perfectly fine for herself. So he looked to Romeo instead, frowning. “You tormented me for years without thinking, you watched my dad beat the shit out of me over and over. And what, now you want a family?” He scoffed. He shook his head. This was stupid and yet he was starting to feel bad for his cousin. And he didnt want that. So while Zaira stepped forward, he looked down, feeling his shoulders tremble, his hands clenching into fists. “Own up to your shit then.” He said as he looked back up as his cousin, stepping over to face him. “Tell me why I shouldnt just knock you the fuck out right now when you’ve been exactly like the rest of the shittiest Trevinos around.

Last edited by Kurtis on Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 2:08 pm

Somehow he just didnt want to believe that she was now cursed. Maybe it was because she had all the traits that a normal vampyre wanted. She approached them rather in a threatening manner but she didnt scare Eden one bit. The vampyre frowned, shaking his head. “No you wont.” He said with a sigh, just as Kurtis approached Romeo. This couple seemed to be quite a fit for each other, the way they behaved. Eden looked at Zaira once again. “You know that if you hurt Romeo or me, you’ll never find out what you really are.” He remarked. Maybe a little harsh but was he lying?
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 2:22 pm

Zaira looked to Eden. He was right. If she wanted to figure out what she was, she needed him, and she hated him for that fact even more. Holding her hostage like she would never truly be free. And maybe she never would be. Maybe that was the curse that was the greatest of them all, because she was never going to be able to know herself like she had before. She had spent her whole life up until now knowing who she was, understanding that what she did was still a part of who she was. But now it just felt hollow, and while Kurtis always tried to assure her that things would be alright, she was worried that with time the things she worried about would become a reality.
Regardless of her worry, she opted to take a few steps back, letting Kurtis come forward with his concerns. She felt too angry to find her wording right now, so she just stood, watching the two lycans face one another.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 2:23 pm

His cousin stepped forward, and he could see the anger so clearly. He knew what he had done, and Kurtis was right. He needed to own up to it all, even if he had just been a pawn. "Yeah, I did watch you get beaten by your dad, I saw it every time and I got to hear him boast about it whenever he had the chance to do so," he said, straightening his back, needing to show that he was in fact taking this seriously. "I watched him beat your mother too, I watched him do a lot of scary shit - I let him play me, I let the family convince me that I had to treat you that way or I would get the same treatment," he said. Sure, Kurtis was the black sheep of the family, but that didn't mean that the threat of joining him in the dirt wasn't real. "I convinced myself that I had to torment you to gain the respect of our family, I came up with horrible plans to try and split you away from the one person so far that has been able to strip down your walls and make you face reality," he looked towards Zaira, "I mocked the loss of the life growing inside of you," he spoke more directly to the hybrid. He wasn't proud of his actions, but he was taking responsibility for them all. "I was bitter, and angry and jealous - because you never took shit from anyone, meanwhile I was their perfect puppet, so easily manipulated and I almost turned in to one of them," looking down it was clear he was ashamed. Gritting his teeth he blinked a few times before looking at Eden, "but just like you, I needed someone to remind me that I was more than what they tried to mold me into." Reaching down, he took the vampyre's hand and gave it a soft squeeze.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms Empty

Back to top Go down

Opening the Can of Worms
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Northern District :: Northern living quarters :: Monroe Road-
Jump to: