Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Opening the Can of Worms

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Eden

Eden

Full name : Eden Gabriel Altieri
Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 6:38 pm

With Zaira backing off, that was at least one less worry for them to think about. But Kurtis was a bit of a wildcard. Well Eden didnt know him, but he knew enough to be wary of him. He just didnt seem like a person who took a moment to think about his next move but rather acted on instinct. Eden knew he couldnt intervene here, it was something only Romeo could solve. At least Kurtis wasnt paying the vampyre any looks or even seemingly acknowledging his presence.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

Full name : Kurtis Trevino

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 6:38 pm

Kurtis honestly didnt know. Whether Romeo was really just a pawn that had been used by the family or had some sort of redeeming characteristic. But if he wanted a chance at someday treading on a sort of neutral ground with Kurtis, then he had to hear him admit it all. All the fucked up shit that had happened and what part he had played in it. So he listened as Romeo spoke, still standing not far but also not up close. They hadnt quite gotten to that part yet. When he looked down, it just agitated Kurtis more, even if he regretted it, there was no weasling out of it. "Dont look down, look at me." he barked. His eyes followed to Eden and he scoffed. If it was true then good for Romeo. But Kurtis wasnt convinced. "You know what Romeo... I dont believe you. I dont fucking believe that you could do all that shit and not enjoy it somehow. You always looked so fucking amused. And that's just within the family. What about the family business? Do you regret beating up people for grandpa, cutting off fingers as if you're some hollywood movie loan shark?" he asked, narrowing his eyes. Yeah, Lucius had been running his mouth ever since his mind had gone crazy. Kurtis had really gotten to hear a lot of things.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

Full name : Romeo Altieri
Quote : I don’t want a life without you. If we die, we’ll die together.

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 11:55 pm

Romeo was trying to bear his soul here, trying to connect with his cousin, but of course that failed too. Maybe they were too far gone. Maybe Kurtis had decided that Romeo would always be the villain, and then so be it. But then the matters of business was brought up and he grit his teeth. How dared he talk about the sacrifices he had made to be a part of the family! "I'm a fucked up person, Kurtis, just like you," he replied, his eyes locking on to his cousin with a piercing gaze. No, he couldn't get through to him. It didn't matter anymore. None of his family wanted him, and all he would ever have was Eden. "I was a weak kid, sure, you were fat, but you never went through anything like what I did ... Don't you fucking dare put me down for what I had to do to survive," he said, his shoulders trembling a little. No-one in the family knew, only those closest to the incidents that had occurred when he was a kid. "As if you are much better? Saint Kurtis, perhaps? Oh wait, no - you took your anger out on others too; Don't pretend with me, all those supposed girlfriends over the years were just to drown out your own self-hatred, just like I've tried drowning out my own," he gave Eden's hand a squeeze, before taking a deep breath, breathing out in a shudder.
"I have been desperate all my life to feel something, I've tried everything, and yes I've hurt people and maimed and so much worse that you couldn't even stomach," the only person who had never judged him was Eden. The only person that had ever accepted him as he was was the vampyre by his side. "But I won't apologize for surviving and neither should you."
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 12:07 am

Just like him? Kurtis wasnt even sure he could get any angrier at this point. At least it seemed to give Romeo some spine in all this rather than just standing there teary eyed and feeling sorry for himself. But was Romeo really just surviving? Because Kurtis couldnt see how it had been necessary for him to go that far. Romeo spun it back at him but Kurtis had to laugh. Sure, Kurtis was a shitty person by all means but he had never done half the shit that Romeo did. At least he could say that he hadnt physically tormented someone just because he felt shitty. “I can barely stomach listening to you right now.” He hissed. He felt the vampyre look at him in annoyance and it made him wonder if the vampyre even cared for all the shitty things that Romeo had done. “We’re done. I dont want to be around you. And if my dad finds out, then who the fuck knows what he’ll do.” He said before reaching out to grab Zaira’s hand, looking at her.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 12:24 am

That was it then. Romeo could do nothing now. Kurtis refused to talk to him and even give him a chance. He knew he had fucked up, but so had his cousin. "I thought by now you would've stopped calling him dad," he just said, a blank statement, but he could do nothing but shake his head. They would leave and he wouldn't have to deal with the family again. His eyes moved to Zaira, and it was as if she looked right at him and in to his soul. He couldn't quite put a finger on it.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

Full name : Emanuele Zaira Rojas

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 12:25 am

Kurtis finished his speech and Zaira stood there, feeling how he took her hand she seemed to snap out of it for a second, looking down at their hands. "I believe him," she muttered, clearly surprising even herself, but she worried that Kurtis would see it as her picking a side. This wasn't about that, and she gave his hand a soft squeeze. She had calmed down a lot, taking in what had been said and seen how everything seemed to be. "Kurt, we might need him as a witness in your case," she said. Her words would only bear so much weight, but if Romeo spoke out about what Lucius had done, then they would have it in the bag, right? "Besides that, I'm conditioned to come here and understand what I've become," looking at Kurtis and then to Romeo and Eden, "a truce, perhaps?" she suggested. It would at least mean neutrality at best.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 12:40 am

He was ready to leave at this point and just wanted Zaira to come along, especially as Romeo’s remark made his whole arm itch like he could only calm it by turning around and rip off his cousin’s face or something close to it. But then she muttered words that made him frown at her like he didnt quite catch it though he had heard her clearly. Gritting his teeth, he looked at her, shaking his head. No let it just be him hearing shit and not her actually believing all this bullshit. She remarked that he could be an asset but Kurtis looked back at his cousin with a frown. No, like hell he would ask for his help. But then she pointed out something quite obvious and yet terribly annoying. He looked down at the suggestion. “A truce…” he scoffed. He had honestly hoped that it wouldnt be needed. And yet he was the unreliable factor that needed to be controlled. “Fine. A truce. But I dont need his help.” He said like he was sure. Lucius was good enough at fucking things up for himself.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 12:50 am

A truce? Romeo wasn't sure if he liked that one bit, and it seemed that Kurtis was not a fan either. And yet, both of them knew that they would have to endure. The least he could do to help Zaira was accepting the truce so she could learn what she was. He had caused so much harm to her, and while he normally cared so very little about women, he was beginning to soften up because he had been around Kareema and Josette so much. He had seen how Josette had been affected and he was starting to understand that the actions he had done was not without consequences. Down the line he might have to face those demons, but that was a headache for another time. "A truce," he nodded in agreement, looking to Eden, not sure what he had planned for Zaira.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 12:50 am

Kurtis and her both were good at being hotheads, but she at least tried to rethink things once she got the chance to do so. Both agreed on a truce, and while it wasn't foolproof, it was a beginning. Her eyes moved to look Kurtis in the eyes, "don't let your pride get in the way," she told him. While he might not need Romeo now, she was certain that he would at some point in the future. Looking towards Eden she wasn't sure what to say. "What am I, then?" she asked. There must've been a name for it, right? Seeing as Eden had hinted at it at least.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 1:03 am

If it hadnt been that it would help Romeo and make him feel better than Eden would’ve never cared to indulge Zaira in what she was. Well maybe, because he also had to remember that it was also the last bit of Laure that was left which meant that she wasnt just any hybrid vampyre. At least her being the more sensible one of the pair made him feel more inclined to answer her question as the two cousins had agreed on a truce. “Well, what your kind is truly called is yet to be discovered, but the names that you’ve been given are multiple. Dhampyre, daywalker. You are immune to the effects of the sun and yet you have our strength. You can blend in perfectly with warmth and heartbeat.” He said to keep it short. He knew he had like some old book somewhere with vampyre knowledge on her being. “If I’m not mistaken, then you are also able to resist the toxin in lycan blood?” He asked, narrowing his eyes slightly. “How does blood make you feel? When you drink it?”
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 1:13 am

Dhampyre? Daywalker? This sounded like something out of a comic book, but she wasn't trying to start another discussion. She listened. Hearing what he was saying and as he mentioned her immunity toward lycan blood she nodded, eyeing Kurtis because he had been the one to test that theory and it had driven her almost mad with need. Remembering his taste was still something that could rile her up, and she knew very well that because they were holding hands right now, he could feel how her body was feeling about remembering it. However the question about blood made her look down. She had barely dared being alone with anyone without Kurtis being close, because he could stop her physically if she lost it.
"It's like ... I enter some sort of frenzy and I don't want to stop," she said, knowing it wasn't something she had spoken much about with Kurtis, so this was perhaps new to him too. "Like my throat is always itchy? Like I'm really thirsty for water, but I know that water won't help," she said, feeling almost embarrassed to admit it.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 6:06 pm

“A frenzy…” he repeated and hummed with a nod. It did sound like something that vampyres did when they werent feeding enough. “And how much blood do you drink? Like over a week or so?” He asked. His hand on Romeo’s was caressing the lycan’s warm skin. He was quite proud of him for having done what he did today. Even if Eden would never do something like it himself; he could admire the courage and gut to go through with it. But right now he focused on Zaira, seeing that she did seem a little lost with what she was. “What about blood types. Do you feel the same need for let’s say your boyfriend’s blood than your mother’s?”
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 9:56 am

Zaira nodded as he repeated, just letting him know she had used that word deliberately. But then he started asking about her blood intake, something that made her feel very uncomfortable. That was private to her. Even Kurtis barely saw her drinking, even from the vials. Sure, he had teased her with his blood that day on the rooftop, but she hadn't dared have another taste - even if she found his scent even more attracting now than before. "I don't know ... A couple of vials I guess," which was true, until she started to feel the itch in her throat grow and she would down multiple vials in the middle of the night while Kurtis was asleep. She was ashamed. Scared that if she spoke about it it would make him put off by her behavior. The follow up made her frown. "I don't know, they all make my throat itch," she muttered, looking down, clearly unsure how to process it. Everything and everyone had their unique smell, that was for sure, but she had found that almost all of them smelled inviting. Though Kurtis was the one she was around the most, so he was always the most tempting. "I prefer the vials ... I don't like thinking of biting people," she said.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 1:13 pm

He could imagine from the get go that she wasnt exactly drinking what she was supposed to but he wanted to be sure. But she mentioned the itch again to describe how blood made her feel. He coundnt say he really knew what it was like, though maybe once or twice when he was really stretching out his blood intake. “Well, you need more than a few vials, it seems. Because the itch could be caused by hunger. And for you, anyone with blood in them seems like a buffet right now.” He said with a sigh. “Come.” He told her as he let go of Romeo and went to the kitchen to fetch a couple of vials. “Do you still feel the itch? Like now?” He’d ask if she followed.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 9:05 pm

Looking from Eden to Kurtis and then to Romeo she frowned a little as the vampyre told her to follow. Though she gave Kurtis one more look, almost sad and apologetic to leave him here, she turned to follow Eden out in to the kitchen. It was quite large, almost like that of a kitchen from a small restaurant and yet it looked so clean everywhere. His question made her frown. "I do," she admitted, running a hand through her messy hair. Once she saw the vials her whole body was starting to react. She felt almost restless, continuing to change how she stood even tapping her fingers against her sides. Her throat felt like it was itching again, maybe burning a little? "I know you said a couple of vials aren't enough ... But I've heard of vampyres surviving off of less," she said, trying to keep her eyes off of the vials, though they were clearly occupying her mind. The only thing she didn't like about it was the shame afterwards. The disgust she had in herself for indulging in something so vile. It was sweet and salty at the same time, and while she had to confess Kurtis' warm blood had soothed the itch better, these cold ones did the trick too. She felt almost like an addict. So conditioned to one substance that it was almost all she craved at times. "How do I know I've had enough? I mean, I feel like I drink a couple of vials and then the itch goes away for a day or so ... But it's still there like, you know, a phantom itch," was that too strange to say?
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 12:41 am

Having Zaira here had kept him somewhat calm. It had even distracted him to feel her feelings for just a bit while they held hands. But now that she had left with Eden, it was like Kurtis was unhinged, left with the thoughts of everything bad; What had really happened back then if Romeo said it wasnt like they thought? And did it even matter if it was different at this point? Not that Kurtis had any right to decide what was really valid or what could be forgiven, it hadnt been him who was subjected to it physically. And yet he had felt it through Zaira and it felt far too real for his cousin to even claim it to be fake. He tried to contain himself but he did eventually give in to his destructive nature. He stepped closer to Romeo, as a threat, standing up close face to face. “You’re a fucking liar.” He hissed lowly, shifting between his eyes. No, he couldnt believe him, Romeo was a snake who would do anything to have somewhat control, that was what Kurtis saw when he looked at him. Not some lost boy who had lost everything. He grit his teeth, another threat. It was fair now, no vampyre boyfriend or Zaira to step in. “There’s no way it wasnt real. So dont even try to plant any fucking doubt in her mind. I’ll kill you.” and he meant it. Though Kurtis could mean anything in the right moment and then not actually mean it. Because he had his mask of his own, the one he’d wear to protect anyone who meant something to him. The scary mask that served the purpose of protection. And he felt like he needed it now. “I dont trust you. So dont even try to feed me some lie.”
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 10:45 am

As they were left alone, he could almost hear the cogs turning and churning inside of Kurtis' head. He was fighting with himself, or rather fighting with what he wanted to spew at him first. He just watched at him as the dark haired lycan drew nearer, not stepping away. No, he was standing his ground, he still had pride in him. The words were simple. Almost like a promise, and yet Romeo knew he was supposed to see it as a threat. "Last time I checked I didn't need your trust," he said calmly. He needed to be the rational one here, because with Zaira and Eden gone this could turn sour really quickly.
"C'mon, hit me Kurtis ... Hit me like you've always wanted to," he said, and yet there was seriousness in his voice. Kurtis could make threats, but actually hitting him wasn't something he had done often. In fact, Romeo thought that stemmed from the fact that Lucius had always preferred him. "I think our family would approve if you wanted to hurt me, because they surely have spared nothing when going for me," alluding to the fact that some things had been done already. Things that Romeo would never forget nor forgive them for. "If you kill me, I think you'll gain some good standing with grandfather; Maybe enough to see through you having chosen to be with someone they won't ever approve of," he remained calm. Almost too calm. But at this point a bruise would be a bruise, a cut a cut. Nothing could be done that he hadn't experienced before.
"I think your father would be proud too; Killing the family sodomite and race-traitor," he couldn't help scoff as that was perhaps how they saw him now.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 11:52 am

“Well I dont believe that.” He hissed. Why else had Romeo made him come here and bring Zaira along? Just to explain himself and then that would be it? Romeo however knew what buttons to press and Kurtis felt his hand clench up, really wanting to just lash out. And yet he didnt. It felt like it was something Romeo wanted, like some obscure plan to twist Kurtis to walk in a direction he didnt want to go.
“Shut the fuck up. I dont give a shit who you sleep with. This isnt even about you. It’s about what you did. What you’re now saying you didnt do, as if it even fucking matters now.” He gave him a push to create some distance, avoiding the urge to hit him while soothing some need to get physical. “There’s no way you’re even feeling bad when you smiled the way you did while you did it.” He said, shaking his head. Just remembering it made him so angry once again, though it wasnt like he had stopped being angry. “But Kurtis I didnt do it like you think.” he mocked him now, shaking his head again. He had to get some distance, going to some random door to the outside to open and leave through. He grabbed his smokes and lit a cigarette aggressively.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 12:29 pm

Romeo let him head for the door, sighing to himself as he shook his head. His cousin would always be so thick skulled. Taking a few deep breaths to calm himself, he went out to stand on the terrace with him, albeit keeping a more comfortable distance - he wasn't looking to get pushed again. No, if Kurtis wanted to fight, then he had to be prepared. After a bit of silence, he separated his lips, even if it was just to hear some snarky remark from his cousin once more, but he felt like he could handle this. "I don't feel bad about what I did, and I guess that's my problem," he said calmly, "to be honest I don't think there's a part of me that's ever going to feel bad about what I did." He was being honest. When he was trying to apologize, it was more about trying to establish peace, not because he had major regrets, but he was also trying to reach out. Maybe that bridge had been burnt by their family pitting them against one another from their births.
"Let's face it, I was stupid and pretentious to think that you would ever want to be around me after what I've done, but for once I wanted to try and rectify it all," he said, looking down to the frozen grass that looked like small crystals. He always really loved winter, but spring was coming soon, and he would have to say goodbye to these months until the other seasons had had their turn. "I'm cruel and not a good person; My past has shaped me to be who I am," he knew Kurtis didn't want to hear, but he would speak anyways, "I think it's about time we stop surviving and start living ... That's what I'm trying to accomplish with Eden, and what I hope you are planning with Zaira."
Taking a deep breath, he shook his head. Deaf ears. It would be nothing but deaf ears, and that was how it was going to be. "When the trial starts I won't hold any meaning with the Trevino's; I'll be fair game for anyone to hurt and maim, no protection or last name," he said, he had received countless threats from his mother. He knew what him picking a side meant. "It's weird, because I always hoped to be a part of the pack, and now I'm an outcast," he scoffed.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 4:15 pm

The nicotine could keep an outburst at bay. He knew Zaira would be so disappointed if he did anything, even if they both agreed that Romeo most probably deserved it; Well Kurtis at least believed she’d agree. She wasnt as prone to violence as he was, but there had to be a limit to even the truest pacifist. Romeo spoke and he did try to not listen, because he knew he wasnt in a position to take in anything in, that at least could be viewed in an objective non-reactive sense. Kurtis was emotional, that was always his biggest issue. And though he tried, the words still got to his ears, through his head. Because eventually he’d think it all through. When he wasnt so angry and hurt. He smoked the cigarette, looking out on the view. “You’re a piece of shit.” He mumbled, lifting a hand to pinch his nosebridge a little, closing his eyes hard. He felt like he could get a headache from all the information and yet it seemed like he hadnt been listening at all. “… why…. Just why, do you even give a shit about this fucking family? You’re finally free? And now you want to cry about being free? To love whoever, to not have to crumble to the pressure of filling out a dumb ass role you didnt even know if you fucking wanted?” He said, not looking at Romeo, though he was a little baffled. If Kurtis found out tomorrow that he was not actually a part of the Trevino family, the last thing he would was to look for ways to stay connected to it. And though Romeo and him was so different, it clearly seemed that they werent anymore. He looked down at the railing in front of him like he was considering something. Maybe go out of his way to be somewhat helpful; even if he believed that Romeo didnt deserve it. He would’ve wanted someone to say it to himself had he been in that situation. “… you think you lost everything when this family kicked you out…” he mumbled, but he didnt even know where he was going with his own words. He was just a dumb teenager. He snuffed out the cigarette and turned to Romeo, seemingly a little calmer now but it could shift in an instant.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 11:24 pm

Was he actually listening? Romeo couldn't tell, and frankly it didn't matter that much. Maybe he just needed to vent a bit. Maybe he just liked hearing himself speak. He wasn't sure, but he knew for certain that he wouldn't be left with anything unsaid. Shrugging lightly at his cousin's remark, it didn't really hurt him at this point. What was he supposed to do? Prove him wrong? No. No matter what Romeo did it would never be enough, so as long as this truce was up, he would at least have some sort of family, right? Maybe he was still that scared boy who couldn't function without the help of those closest to him. Why indeed. He sighed, breathing out, letting Kurtis mutter his confusion and let him think it all through. "I suppose it's because I feel I owe them," he said, looking out at the garden, not really minding Kurtis looking at him. At least he didn't look at him like he would rip his head off right now.
"I guess that's why I've always worked so hard, done what they've told me and gone that extra mile," it was clear that he had a lot to work through still, frowning as he looked down. He didn't want Kurtis to know what had happened back then. Eden knew, and he was going to protect that secret. But perhaps his family would be cruel and expose him anyways. "I don't want to tell you what happened, because ..." he muttered, grabbing on to the railing, leaning over it to look at the garden, as if staring at it would help, "I wasn't a bad kid." That was true. When they had been young, they had sort off gotten along, at least before the experiences that he had had with the men who had taken advantage of him. "But bad things happened to me, and I know you don't want to listen so there's really no fucking need for me to get upset about it."
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 11:41 pm

Owe them? What could he really owe them? Kurtis didnt ask but just looked at Romeo. It was somehow sickening how the adults had treated them both, but Kurtis couldnt quite see it from Romeo’s perspective. Even if Romeo had just been a puppet all this time. He noticed how Romeo changed and he kept his eyes on him for a little while before looking back ahead. He sighed and shook his head. “Dont. Lucius already said all that I need to know about his lawyer.” He sighed and shook his head. Was it even a surprise? “You’re not family to them anymore.” Though that was already obvious, Romeo had said it himself. Though his last sentence seemed like he had more, he instead just closed his mouth and made a slight shrug.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 11:56 pm

"I know! he barked, snapping finally as he knew what his now former family thought of him. He knew what they were doing, he knew they wanted to hurt him further and hurt Eden as well. He wasn't going to let that happen. His fingers let go of the railing, running a hand through his hair, taking deep breaths to calm down. "I know they don't see me as family, I know that if I'm not with them then I'm automatically against them," he said more calmly, still calming down as he felt so angry and sad from all of this. "I don't even know why I'm trying to reach out to you, cause I know you won't want me as a part of your family either, so just ... Fuck," he muttered as he left to go back inside. He couldn't talk like this with his cousin, he couldn't break himself open because that would mean showing the scared kid beneath and that kid didn't want to come out.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 12:11 am

Romeo snapping was surprising but at least Kurtis knew he took it seriously. Not that he was really doubting it, but the reminder was nice. He couldnt agree more with what Romeo said, it was exactly how the family was and would be like. But then Romeo continued and as he went, Kurtis frowned. No, he didnt get to go just because shit was getting frustrating. Kurtis reached out and grabbed his arm in the door, standing halfway inside and outside. “So what, you’re just pussying out now?” He hissed, keeping a tight grip to keep him there.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 10:10 am

What he hadn't expected was for his cousin to grip on to his arm. The pain within Romeo, which Kurtis could feel through the touch, was almost immeasurable. He was not keen on being touched without permission, but that wasn't where the pain came from. Gritting his teeth he looked at him, "you are not the one speaking to someone who won't ever listen, won't ever understand," he said, ripping his arm out of his grip, staggering back a little. There were tears rolling down his face, but maybe that was what Kurtis wanted. He wanted to see him hurt and vulnerable. Wanted to see how low the mighty had fallen. "Satisfied yet? Or have your father told you more than enough to understand what I've gone through? Perhaps he mentioned me being ungrateful for all the help they provided? Maybe he even told you what really went down, because hey, my past is fair game now." He shook his head. He couldn't think that his cousin truly cared now. No, he would be blamed for played the victim yet again. He would be told off or told to be a liar, and nothing he said would matter, because his voice had never mattered to anyone. "Do you know what I have in there?" he asked, pointing towards the house, more specifically the kitchen where Eden was. "I have someone who actually listens ... I have someone who sees me as more than my own family has ever seen, and I am a fool for trying to reach out, because he has shown me that I'm worth more than being grabbed and restrained; That I don't have to walk around on egg shells, constantly scared to step out of line," he sniffled, drying his cheeks with the back of his hand, but it wouldn't remove how bloodshot they were from trying to hold back his crying. He wasn't good at being vulnerable. He hated it, and frankly there wasn't far from this sadness he had right now to just wolfing out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Opening the Can of Worms
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Northern District :: Northern living quarters :: Monroe Road-
Jump to: