Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Opening the Can of Worms

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Jeremy

Jeremy

Full name : Jeremiah Joseph Wright

Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 5:22 pm

He could hear him move behind the door. He knew he was in there. He looked sad as he thought of what to do. He couldnt just leave now that he was here. He didnt want to leave. He knocked again, firm but also gentle. He wasnt here to fight. “I know you’re in there.” He said, drawing in a deep breath. “And I dont want to just come in. But I’ll have to if you dont open the door.” He said, wondering if there were any snoopy neighbours listening in. But that was beside the point. “Or I can go. But then I want to hear you say it. Jeremy go away and I’ll leave you alone.” He decided to give him a choice. But while he meant just for tonight, that was probably not what it really sounded like.
Back to top Go down
Damiano

Damiano

Full name : Damiano De Angelis

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 5:33 pm

Hearing Jeremy's voice his body experienced all sorts of emotions. Happy because he had come here, sad because he didn't know what they really had to talk about and angry that he had gotten to this mood to begin with. But the mention of him leaving made him shake his head, getting up on his feet, moving over to the door. He hesitated with the handle, but eventually unlocked the door, opening it and taking a step away from it. "Please don't ever leave me," he said, his body shaking a bit, but he was actually behaving much better than the first time they had been in a situation similar. He wasn't sure if he wanted him to come in. Was that even safe? "Come back tomorrow ... Please ... I just ... I don't want to hurt you," tears falling from his eyes, but it wasn't only the fear of hurting him. It was the fact that they both seemed to hurt each other eventually.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 5:39 pm

He just stood there and waited. It felt like forever somehow, standing in front of the door, waiting for an answer. And then he heard the shuffling, looking at the handle as he waited for it. Unless Damiano would tell him to go away. The door was opened and he looked at the hybrid standing there not far from it. It hurt to see him like this. He didnt like it. “I dont want to leave you.” He assured him. Would it help if he said that? Should he say more?
Damiano told him to go away, but when he saw the tears, how would he ever be able to look at himself if he walked out now? He just shook his head slowly, moving in as he closed the door behind him. He wasnt scared of him. Even if he would’ve been right to. “I love you.” He said, like he needed to tell him. His eyes were sad and full of hurt.
Back to top Go down
Damiano

Damiano

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 7:09 pm

Jeremy moved closer and it took everything in him not to just move to him. No, he stayed where he was, even if he was dying to touch the nephilim. "I love you too," he said, considering reaching out, just to take his hand. Or maybe hug him or be closer to him. "But we can't keep hurting one another in a circle," he said, shaking his head, "is that why you won't tell me who you're writing? Because it'll hurt me? Or is the reason you are avoiding being with me for real because of whoever you spend so much time with and lie for?" He needed answers, needed comfort and he needed the truth.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 7:22 pm

He did notice how Damiano was holding back. He didnt blame him. There was probably a lot of emotions to deal with, when he could feel Jeremy’s on top of that. But he was right. The circle couldnt keep going. “You’ll be angry.” Was a mild way to put it after a moment of silence. Amongst the things that revealing it could make Damiano feel, Jeremy was scared of the anger. Not because he feared getting hurt. He feared that Damiano might actually tear the guy apart and be expelled for good. “I’m not saying that lightly either.” He added, looking at Damiano with serious eyes.
Back to top Go down
Damiano

Damiano

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 7:59 pm

Angry? He could almost smell the fear coming off of Jeremy, and he didn't need his ability for that. But instead of acting out at such an answer, he became quiet. He looked down, "are you seeing someone else?" He just wanted to know. He didn't need to know who, because the gods have mercy on that poor guy's soul if he knew his name. "Jeremy, I won't be angry with you, I promise, I just want to know ... I just want the truth," having to stop to sniffle, trying not to cry at this immense feeling of hurt in his chest. He loved Jeremy. He loved him so much that it seemed as if all he did was for the comfort of the nephilim. But when was the time where he started to think about himself?
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 8:14 pm

Seeing Damiano look down and be quiet was probably worse than any reaction he could’ve come up with. It hurt. The question was also so far fetched from the truth that Jeremy was almost stunned by it; but only almost. Zaira had sort of warmed him up to the notion that he would be tired of the hybrid or seeing someone else. “The truth..” he repeated, blinking a few times. He sniffled and then nodded. The truth. He pulled out his phone and unlocked it, opening the messages before placing it in Damiano’s hand. It was the whole truth, all written in there. The threats, the demands. But it seemed that whenever the guy wanted to meet, Jeremy had found a convinient excuse to not go. But as of late, the guy was starting to get too impatient. And to remind the nephilim what was at stake, what could suddenly be sent to the whole school, was the sound clip attached. It wasnt long. But it was clear it was Jeremy and someone making out before being interrupted, in which the clip ended. It probably wasnt as bad as Jeremy believed it to be. Except for the fact that it was very clearly him being very homosexual with some other guy.
“It’s before we even met… before Zaira.” It felt like ages ago and yet it was dug up and used against him.
Back to top Go down
Damiano

Damiano

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 8:39 pm

Damiano had expected him to deflect again, avoid the question and who knows, maybe leave it at that. But then he was handed the phone. Reading the messages at first made him worried, frowning as he wasn't sure what to expect. But it hadn't been this. Blackmailing Jeremy? Threatening to release the sound clip, that in all fairness could've been anyone if it wasn't for the fact that Damiano knew how Jeremy sounded.
He finished reading it, this time looking at Jeremy with a confused look. "Why didn't you say anything?" he asked, "Jeremy, I-." He was the worst, wasn't he? Accusing him of cheating when all this time he had been in pain in silence, not telling anyone of what was going on. He moved closer to Jeremy, cupping his face with his hands, looking at him, "Whatever you need me to do ... I'll do," could almost be him suggesting murder, but then again if that was what Jeremy wanted, it would be done. Nobody had the fucking right to do this.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 9:19 pm

He let the hybrid read the whole thing if that was what he wanted. He just didnt want this to be between them anymore and cause more trouble. The question made him look down as he drew in a deep breath. Why hadnt he said anything? Because he was ashamed. He was afraid. He shook his head as the hybrid said his name. "It's okay." he told him. It hadnt been wrong of him to be upset by the way Jeremy had acted.
He looked up at him as he cupped his face, drawing in a deep breath. "Just take it easy. I have already decided. I'm just gonna let him leak it and wait for the whole thing to blow over." he said, nodding as if he needed the reassurance. "I was just scared, because he's in your class.. so if he leaked it it would come to you eventually." he just said, trailing off into the what-if scenario, not really having thought his words through in his distress.
Back to top Go down
Damiano

Damiano

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 9:28 pm

Scared? He could only imagine what he had gone through to get to this point. But then something came from Jeremy's lips; Someone from his class? He grit his teeth. It was too close for comfort. "Give me his name," he said. It wasn't a question. He needed to know, not wanting to get crazy and paranoid. "Just his name, and I promise you that you won't have to worry about him or that clip any more," he said, kissing his forehead, wanting to protect him.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 10:01 pm

Jeremy looked up at the demand with his brows furrowed. “No!” He objected softly. He wasnt dumb and he knew the hybrid’s temper, especially as Damiano made it clear that he would handle the situation. He didnt want him to get in trouble with the guy, it was already enough that this was happening in the first place. “You dont have to protect me. It’ll be fine.” He said. The guy didnt know Jeremy was seeing someone so it was all fine.
Back to top Go down
Damiano

Damiano

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 10:06 pm

Damiano frowned at the objection. Was he protecting this asshole now? "You can't just sit back and let that bastard unveil you like this ... What if your parents find out? What ... What if I lose you," he was upset again, his mood swings making him a bit irrational, but he was surprisingly calm. Maybe because he had Jeremy here with him, perhaps because the nephilim was the only person who seemingly could tame the wild beast within him. "Jeremy, I can't - I can't lose you, I love you." He felt almost desperate.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 10:12 pm

“And what if he leaks it and no one knows it’s me? We dont know.” He said with a sad frown. Damiano would know because he had spent so much time with the nephilim but others probably wouldnt know the difference between Jeremy and any other dude. “You wont- You wont lose me.” He cooed him softly, lifting his hands to place on the sides of the hybrid’s neck, letting his thumbs rest behind his ears as he held a gentle grip. “If my parents find out, I’ll just run away. Steal their boat, take you with me and sail somewhere new. A fresh start.” Which was a fine dream scenario but probably wouldnt work out in real life. “I just know that I cant tell you because you’ll tear him apart.”
Back to top Go down
Damiano

Damiano

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 10:49 pm

Run away with him? He had to scoff. Even he knew that wouldn't be possible like that. The only thing grounding him right now was how Jeremy was touching him. It was strange how good he had gotten, and while he still felt there was a long way to go, this was a sign he was doing something right. "Of course I'll want to tear him apart ... But I won't if you ask me not to," he said quite seriously. He wanted, oh yeah, he wanted to rip that guy limb from limb and grind his bones to dust. But Jeremy wasn't like that. "Just know that if he releases it and everything goes to shit then you have a place to stay right here," he said on a more serious note.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 11:13 pm

"Good." he sighed in relief. That was at least one less worry for him to think about. The notion that he had somewhere to stay if everything went to shit made him nod. He gave him a soft peck before letting go, moving over to sit on the bed with a thoughtful expression. "I'm hoping it wont... go to shit." he said, lifting his hands to rub his face. Though he should feel some sort of relief, the pressure was still there. The worry was still there. And it was looming over his head.
Back to top Go down
Damiano

Damiano

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 11:17 pm

Jeremy let go of him and he watched as the nephilim moved over, sitting down on the edge of the bed. Damiano wasn't sure how to understand all of these conflicting emotions, but either way, he wouldn't let it distract him from being there for him. "However ... It still doesn't explain why you avoid me asking you to be my boyfriend," he said. Moving over, he sat down on the floor in front of him, looking up at him with a more relaxed body language. Being close to him calmed him in a way he couldn't describe. Though he was also planning in his head how to figure out who that asshole with the blackmailing was, he wanted to stay in the moment.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 1:25 am

“I guess it’s because we see it different. For me, a boyfriend isnt just someone I hide from all and everyone. I’d be proud of him and show him off.” He said and it wasnt even that he didnt want to do exactly that with Damiano. He did. It was just not in the cards yet. “But like this, then I have to at least show when I’m with you that I’m not joking around. That there is a future for us where we could be boyfriends out in the open?” He said because he wasnt even so sure anymore. Fuck. His mind was too scrambled to even make sense to himself.
Back to top Go down
Damiano

Damiano

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 12:03 pm

It made sense, but it also hurt Damiano. He had already accepted them sneaking around like this, even if it hurt him every day when he couldn't even hold the nephilim's hand at school. Reaching up, he took his hand, remaining seated on the floor. "Well we've already discussed this being for us, not for others, so ... I guess I was just hoping that meant commitment, because I haven't even looked at another guy since we started seeing one another," he said. Damiano was loyal to those he cared for, and with all of the things he had done for Jeremy's sake, was it really so weird that he wanted a descriptor to what they had? "A boyfriend to me is someone who loves me and I love him - That's how simple it really is, of course it also involves dedication and trust, but love is at the core," he said, hoping that he himself was making some sense. Lifting the nephilim's hand to his lips he kissed the fingers one by one. He had actually managed to calm down quite a bit, a testament to all the work he had done. "But maybe we need to change the name of the label ... I just want to know that we are a couple, not just two guys fucking around in hiding."
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 05, 2022 1:40 am

“I am comitted to you.” He muttered, but he didnt want to argue. They had argued so much lately and what happened tonight had left him a little exhausted mentally. He felt drained. And he somehow felt sad that he couldnt just give Damiano what he wanted. “It makes sense. It does. But I dont know, Damiano. I know you want us to be boyfriends, even in secret.” And if course the but would be there, as horrible as it was to say. “.. but I cant. Not when it’s like this and I say things in school that hurts you.” He admitted. Was he completely crazy for that?
Back to top Go down
Damiano

Damiano

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 05, 2022 9:20 pm

It hurt quite a lot, hearing what Jeremy was saying, even if it made sense, he didn't care about logic. All he wanted was for them to commit to something, knowing full well that they would never agree. Damiano grit his teeth, feeling that simmering sensation of anger. But perhaps most of all disappointment. "I don't want to fight you on this ... If you don't want us to be something then maybe ..." he said, being careful how he chose his words, "maybe right now isn't the best time for us to be around each other." It was a tough pill to swallow, but if Jeremy refused to agree on something and he wouldn't even acknowledge the need that Damiano had for them to have a holding on one another, then it was simply a question of whether or not it would be wise to continue. "I really fucking love you, Jeremy," he muttered, closing his eyes as he felt them well up, looking down as he felt his whole body shake from the hurt he was causing himself.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 12:17 am

It was true, this was the one thing they could possibly never see eye to eye with. And Jeremy knew he was letting him down because of it. Damiano spoke and Jeremy didnt know where it was headed. And when Damiano said it wasnt a good time for them to be around each other, that made Jeremy’s heart hurt. Like a genuine hurt. “No, that’s not true.” He argued softly but maybe Damiano was right. Maybe this was why they had their arguments, about the same thing essentially, over and over. He didnt realize how hurt he felt until he had to sniffle and cover his eyes with a hand. “Fuck…” he sighed quietly, wishing he had the courage to say something that would prove him wrong. Like Kurtis. He knew the lycan would’ve just said whatever like we’ll make shit work or something more motivating than a swear word muttered under his breath. “I- um..” he said, getting up as he felt like he could choke if he stayed here. Maybe he just was a coward that could do nothing.
Back to top Go down
Damiano

Damiano

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 8:05 am

He wouldn't even fight it? He wouldn't even argue about them staying together, figuring this out? Well, then Damiano knew his choice, and it hurt. Feeling Jeremy's hurt on top felt almost unbearable, his shoulders shaking a little as he tried to subdue his emotions and not cry. "I'm sorry that it has to be this way ... But one of us needs to realize that there's no future in just sneaking around all the time," he said. He had really loved these months with Jeremy, he had appreciated every growth he had experienced, but Jeremy was right. They couldn't be a couple if he kept up that façade of trying to deny himself and what was in his nature. As Jeremy got up, Damiano got up as well, cupping his face gently. Was he selfish now? "Find a way to live your truth ... Cause you're really so wonderful," he muttered, leaning in to place a kiss against his cheek before letting go. "Do you need me to call you a taxi? Maybe call Zaira to come by and pick you up?" he asked. He didn't trust the nephilim to walk home alone after this.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 1:46 am

Maybe Damiano was right but gods it hurt. It hurt so much, that he didnt even really know what to do with himself. He wanted to cry or act out but it really wasnt in his nature. He was supposed to be calm, it was all everyone expected at this point. He felt the hybrid cup his face and it just felt like salt in the wound. Could he stop touching him with gentle hands when they’re were in the middle of ending things? “No. I’ll figure it out.” He muttered, but he felt a little bewildered. He just knew he didnt want to be here right now in this moment. If Damiano really wanted then he could call either a taxi or Zaira but Jeremy didnt want to wait around. “Just um…” he muttered, removing a few rogue tears before he shook his head deciding that his inner coward would always win. He took the hybrid’s key off his keychain and handed it to him before he went for the door to leave. He needed fresh air, maybe a fresh life. In some place where he didnt have to hide.
He wouldnt go home but he did end up calling Zaira. Though he was hurt then he wasnt completely out of touch with himself. He wanted to meet. Told her it was important if she had picked up. And then he went to the park, telling her to go there too.
Back to top Go down
Damiano

Damiano

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 10:43 am

Some things just had to be done for other things to blossom. And Damiano knew that he hated himself for doing this and would regret it, but he also didn't think it was fair anymore. Jeremy told him he would figure it out himself, and he hated seeing the tears being wiped away. Even this time around it seemed the nephilim refused to let down his protective shield and just show that he cared.
He left and Damiano felt distraught. He felt like a villain when in reality all he had done was look out for both of them. He didn't want the two of them to eventually wound up hating one another, and by doing this Jeremy could have the time and space to figure himself out. It wasn't a goodbye, perhaps more like a see-you-later type of deal.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

Full name : Emanuele Zaira Rojas

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 10:43 am

Zaira heard her phone buzzing. Her and Kurtis had gone to bed, but she wasn't sleeping completely. Besides being the hybrid she now was, sleep wasn't as important to her. Picking up the phone she moved out in to their living room before answering. She could hear Jeremy on the other end sounding very much beside himself, urging her to come. Of course she did, leaving a message for Kurtis for when he woke up before heading out the door.
Being out this time of the night was strange. As a human it had all been dark and hard to navigate through, but now it was like her vision was crystal clear. Arriving at the park she looked around for the nephilim, worried to her core that he was alone right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Opening the Can of Worms
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Northern District :: Northern living quarters :: Monroe Road-
Jump to: