Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Opening the Can of Worms

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Kurtis

Kurtis

Full name : Kurtis Trevino

Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 8:57 pm

Kurtis frowned as the hybrid disagreed. Maybe Kurtis was little too focused on the scales, weigh who did what and who would be at fault for the whole. But he was willing to listen to Damiano’s perspective on things. He could understand that Jeremy needed time. The question made him frown; Yeah. He had felt broken before, but yet it felt different. When she had been with Abel, he had spent a long time in denial trying not to think of her and it mostly worked. But he found that most of the heartbreaks he had felt with her had all been while they were together.
Kurtis sighed. He couldnt exactly whip out advice because it wasnt the same. There was no need for him to hide around and do things in private. “I would be selfish. Even with the risks. If anything would have happened, then we’d take it from there. But I’m not waiting around to get my heart broken.” He said. That was his take on it, as a male in a straight relationship.
The hushed explanation made Kurtis tense up. Jeremy was being blackmailed? He looked as clueless as he had seemed when Damiano had asked about the messages. “He was hurt today. Bleeding pretty bad. Like… someone bit him.” He confessed, tapping his wrist to show where. Did the two things relate? He frowned.
Back to top Go down
Damiano

Damiano

Full name : Damiano De Angelis

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 9:20 am

Of course he would be selfish, Damiano didn't doubt that, but this was different. Kurtis was straight and in a straight relationship. Damiano and Jeremy wasn't. If one of them had been female then they wouldn't have to snoop around, that was the whole point, wasn't it? However then the mention of the wrist made him grit his teeth a little, "yeah, I saw him earlier ... He was talking about helping Zaira, but ..." he frowned. No, this dumbass wasn't actually this dumb to become a blood bag, right? "Do you think she might've bit him?" he asked, it wouldn't surprise him, in fact he was surprised she had held back so long. "I mean, he didn't seem scared or anything when I talked to him," shaking his head a little. It couldn't have been an accident then, right? Most people were scared out of their minds when someone bit them, he could still remember the gut wrenching pain that Jeremy had felt when Damiano had bit him.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 10:42 am

Helping Zaira? Kurtis frowned a little as well. Before Damiano asked, the question was crossing his mind. But it made no sense. She had gotten good vials off the vampyre his cousin was seeing, so there would be no need? And Kurtis always offered himself if she wanted something more source-based. Damiano pointed out that he wasnt scared but that just made Kurtis clench his fists. “Shit.” He uttered, turning his head a little to the side in annoyance, looking away from the hybrid. “She can do that. Calm whoever she bites. Almost making it feel so fucking good.” He explained, but then denial kicked in. “She would never do that to her best friend.
Back to top Go down
Damiano

Damiano

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 11:51 am

"Wait, you've let her bite you?" he was quite surprised, especially as Kurtis had been rather angry at Damiano back when he had bitten Jeremy. Was it the smell of double standards he was sensing? Either way he shook his head, not needing to know, "besides that, isn't your blood toxic to her?" That had to be an even bigger concern. Lycan blood was notoriously poisonous towards vampyres. And even if Zaira wasn't a vampyre all the way, it had to count for something, right? He wasn't even sure what worried him most anymore; The fact that Zaira could potentially bite and drink from whoever she wanted or the fact that Jeremy might be going along with it. However the reminder that Zaira wouldn't ever do it to the nephilim made him sigh as he shrugged. "You know her better than I do," he gave in. Maybe it was all just a big misunderstanding, right?
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 12:03 pm

Yeah? But I offered it. It wasnt like she was claiming me. Stop sounding so fucking judgemental, you didnt need the blood” He snapped lightly, knowing exactly why Damiano had sounded so perplexed by the confession. He knew he hadnt been very fair to the hybrid and it was fine if he couldnt forgive Kurtis’ behaviour. “We spoke to the brother of the vampyre that changed her. Apparently she has everything a normal vampyre wish for.” He said, frowning a little. He was skipping lightly over the information as digging too much into it also meant that he had to think about everything Romeo had said.
Damiano gave in and Kurtis hummed. Though the seed of doubt had been planted in the lycan now. Even if he would be in denial till he saw it with his own eyes. She had just… no, he shook his head. “Fuck, it’s not as easy and simple as it was this summer huh?” He scoffed.
Back to top Go down
Damiano

Damiano

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 12:48 pm

Damiano scoffed, but for now it wasn't the double morale that was the biggest concern. Kurtis however seemed to disclose that Zaira had indeed got vampyre in her, but apparently not all the way. It sounded rather crazy, if he was being honest. The following scoff made him sigh, shaking his head no. It wouldn't be as easy as the summer had been. "It's not," he sighed, because he longed for the summer already. How him and Jeremy had fooled around, laughed and had a good time. Spent time on the boat, making out, and generally feeling free to just fall in love. But now it wasn't so easy.
"I know you're still pissed at Jeremy, but maybe try and loosen up a bit for him ... Or at least for Zaira if she's going through something," he said, this time deciding to exit the smoking shed. He had talked enough. He needed to get to class.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 1:18 pm

Kurtis found himself thinking back. But not for long. He didnt dwindle too much on the past. Damiano spoke to him and he looked down. The hybrid was right. He couldnt just pet his stubborn head keep him in the circle of anger towards Jeremy. But it also had helped quite a lot that he had gotten to talk to Damiano and get some perspective. And yet… no, he remained set on not walk that path. She would never do that. He felt so sure. He was left alone, sticking around for a bit before he went to class as well.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

Full name : Emanuele Zaira Rojas

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 1:41 pm

After Zaira's last class she had checked up on Jeremy, made sure he got home safely before she headed home herself. She could feel her whole body filled with energy still from the fresh blood she had gotten from the nephilim earlier. It was strange. She felt almost a buzz, but she could also feel her throat starting to itch. As she got home, the first thing she did was reach for a new vial, emptying rather quickly. It helped, but it didn't have quite the same flair as fresh blood. However it could keep her need away for at least the rest of the night. Or so she hoped. Checking her supply she knew she didn't have a lot left, but besides that she wasn't sure she could dare bring any vials along with her to school anymore. She got started on the cooking, feeling a small boost of energy from the vial, but also still the slight buzz from Jeremy's blood that was still in her system.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 1:04 am

Kurtis finished his day, and by the time he returned home, his phone was blowing up. He wasnt going to check it right now, walking out to help Zaira out in the kitchen with their dinner. She seemed to be in a really good mood. He did tease her with it but it was good. She deserved to be happy. He explained in rough detail of what Damiano had told him, just to keep her up to date. When they eventually ended up all cuddled up and ready for sleep, pulled her in close, wrapping his arms closely around her. He had realized that most didnt have the same privilege to do that, keep the one they loved in their arms.

A week or so passed and Kurtis noticed that her mood had been dwindling since that particular day. He was checking the cabinet with the vials. She still had a good few. But they probably had to contact the vampyre soon.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 5:50 am

Ever since that day her mood had just been in a steady decline. She would get agitated by the smallest of things, have trouble focusing on her homework. It was as if the vials didn't even sooth the itch in her neck anymore. It was hard keeping it a secret from Kurtis. She just didn't want him to think that she was a bad person. She had slipped up once, and since then her and Jeremy had talked it through.
One night Kurtis was out on the town with the boys, and she had invited Jeremy over to a nice dinner. To apologise, but also to talk this through. "I'm very happy you came," she said, flashing him a careful smile without the fangs showing. He still smelled good. Way too good. But she had decided to try and not ask what she had thought about asking this whole week.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

Full name : Jeremiah Joseph Wright

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 7:00 pm

Jeremy hadnt been doing better. Not that he had hit rock bottom, but he definitely wasnt doing well and at this point it was starting to show. His parents rather than offering help, was already talking about signing Jeremy up for extra classes and even summerschool just to make sure that his grades werent going to deter from his “slacking” as they put it nicely.
He was allowed out, mostly because his parents liked Zaira. They liked how well put together her life seemed. They wanted Jeremy to go, maybe in the hopes that it would moticate him to do better. So he showed up, even though he wasnt that hungry for dinner. When he got inside, he scoffed softly at her words. “You’re lucky that my parents like you as much as they do.” He remarked, placing his jacket over a chair. He was wearing a baggy hoodie and some matching pants. “So what are we eating?” He asked, trying not to seem to down like he otherwise would have been.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 10:24 pm

"You're lucky that I'm with Kurtis or your parent might try and get the two of us spliced," she teased back. Zaira was perhaps one of the first people to know that Jeremy liked guys, but frankly for him she would do many things to keep him safe. She watched him carefully as he stepped in to the kitchen. He looked like he had seen better days. The question made her hum, looking towards the stove, "I seem to remember you really liking that paella we whipped up last summer so I thought I might give it a try," she said, the apartment filled with the warmness of the spices of the one pot dish. She however couldn't help herself, reaching out to take his hand. "Jeremy ... I'm worried about you," she said.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 6:50 pm

That is terrifyingly true.” He chuckled. As much as he loved and cherished Zaira, he wouldnt want them both to live unhappy lives. Even if she would probably be the most understanding of all, it wasnt something he wanted to tangle her into. He looked over the stove, humming softly as she was quite spot on. Gods, just the mention of summer made his guts feel like someone had stabbed him. He felt her take his hand and sighed at her words. “I’m just going through stuff.” He brushed it off. His heart felt broken and it felt quite unfair solely because it hadnt seemed necessary and yet it had been. And because of what? His homophobic parents? He needed to get out of that mindset, pulling away. “I’m sorry. I just… I can only sit by and wait. Sign up for school abroad or somewhere where I can live freely without my parents breathing down my neck twenty four seven.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 10:05 pm

Zaira knew he wasn't doing well. Why else was she going everything in her that wanted to keep her distance to keep him safe? Because she cared for him. And frankly there was very few things in this world she wouldn't do if he asked her to. However as he pulled away, his statement made her sigh. "I would miss you too much if you moved away," she said, just stating the obvious. She knew that what came after their time at Saint Jules would be them splitting off in to every corner of the world. But somehow she had a hard time coping with that thought.
Moving over she made sure to stir the pot, just hoping nothing would burn as she looked down into it. "Jere ... what happened with me-" she trailed off, frowning at her own words because she felt very much estranged to the thought of what she was now. "I mean; I didn't mean to bite you ... I don't want to be some mindless monster who just bites everyone," gripping a bit harder around the metal spoon she used to stir with, it even bending a little by her grip alone. "I just want to thank you, you know, for not telling on me or judging me."
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 1:15 pm

I wouldnt be able to live my life if I stayed here.” He argued and it was true enough. Sure, his parents may always have some sort of upper hand but he didnt really want to keep thinking about them. He watched her stir the pot, when she then began speaking rather cryptic at first. What had happened to her wasnt just some weird random thing, but it was maybe good that she adressed it. She spoke of the bite and just remembering it made his wrist where she had bitten start to itch. He didnt see the bite as a bad thing but he wasnt exactly a reliable source when he mostly just thought of how good it made him feel that once. And how bad he wanted that feeling again. “You know I never judge. Or try to..” because he was certain that there were a few instances, especially if any of them asked Damiano. “-Actually.. I have thought about it as well. And if you need more, then that’s fine. I really want to help you out in any way that I can.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 4:23 pm

Zaira smiled a little as Jeremy said he tried to never judge him, but frankly could she really ask for more? Taking the pot off of the heat, she moved it over to the table that she had set up. However the next words made her stop in her tracks, unsure if she had heard him right. Placing the pot down on the table she tapped her fingers against the handle of the warm container before finally turning around to look at him. "Jere, you're .. You're like a brother to me," she frowned, feeling a bit sentimental, but she didn't let herself linger, "feeding on you wouldn't be right - when I taste blood I-I-". Stopping herself she looked down, shaking her head, "it's very connected to desires, sexual and intimate ones." Could he not see that it would be too taboo? Even if she wanted to taste his blood again, it would feel like cheating on Kurtis, wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 5:15 pm

His offer was as genuine as it was selfish. He did want to help her but that want was also strongly fuelled by wanting that oddly calming feeling once more. She seemed to stop for a moment to then continue. He didnt know if it was because he had overstepped or gone too far into what she had been saying to begin with. He hummed as she called him a brother. He did see her as family as well. At least the kind he liked. She then spoke of how it made her feel but cut off before she could reveal it, which left Jeremy a little confused. “Drinking blood?” He asked, frowning lightly. “But it’s what you need to live. And you’re not attracted to me… as well as I’m very much… uhm… into men” he muttered the last part. It wasnt very sexual, not between the two of them right? It just couldnt be.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 5:55 pm

"I know we aren't attracted to one another," she said, shaking her head. That wasn't the point. Drinking blood just made her aware of everything, it made her feel good and almost high. And in that high she often found herself more sexually active, at least when she was around Kurtis. Not that the lycan seemed to mind, in fact he seemed to want to prove himself, testing his stamina. "I've only ever done it with Kurtis, alright, and every time I go crazy," that was putting it lightly, wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 6:18 pm

No, maybe it wasnt the point but it surely helped with the perspective. What harm would there be in this? She spoke of going crazy and he crossed his arms lightly. “Alright, then let’s not do it.” He said with a small frown. If she really thought that it wasnt good for them, then that was it. And yet he couldnt shake the feeling that he needed that bite. Like he felt numb without it. “Or.. let’s see if it’s really like that.” He said, lifting the sweatband off his healing wrist, moving that hand towards her.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 6:34 pm

He seemed to be the voice of reason that she hoped he would be. Well, that was until he undid the sweatband, her jaw trembling as he moved closer. Her mouth suddenly felt dry, her throat itching like crazy because she could hear the blood rushing through his veins. "Jere," she almost pleaded, backing away as she was clearly scared of herself around him. She shook her head, looking down as she felt her eyes well up. It wasn't fair. Why was he being so cruel to her all of a sudden? "I don't want to hurt you," she pleaded.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 6:45 pm

He was definitely not being nice, exposing his wrist to someone who could easily latch on. She backed away and he could see that she was far from comfortable. He pulled the sweatband over his wounded wrist again, shaking his head at her plea. “You wont. I’m sorry. Come here.” He cooed her, moving closer to pull her in and hug her close. It wasnt fair of him to put her in a position like that but his own judgement felt a little clouded. All he could think of when she mentioned bites and blood was that calming feeling and how he needed it. “Let’s eat.” He said before he scoffed and shook his head. “Sorry.”
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 6:59 pm

He pulled her in and she wrapped her arms around him, holding herself close and breathing in his scent. She cared for him. Considered him family. But she had to admit that standing close like this was making her throat itch more. Her heart was beating a little more than ordinarily, wetting her lips as she pulled away. Safe to say she was thirsty for blood, and his blood had been the only thing to really soothe her needs. "No, I'm sorry," she said, but her eyes could barely focus on anything but his neck. Was he certain that it wasn't going to hurt him? Her hands moved up, pulling down lightly on his big hoodie, revealing the bitemarks that Damiano had left on him, scars that perhaps would never truly heal. "Did it hurt when he bit you?" was that taking it a step too far?
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 7:10 pm

She at least wasnt pushing him away, which was a good sign. Or so he thought. This was how he made himself believe that it meant that they were still good. She pulled away and he sent her a soft smile. The kind that was like it’s gonna be alright. He shook his head as she apologized. What was she even apologizing for? He let her move the hoodie, though it did make him wonder why. The question made him sigh and he looked away for a bit. Was it worth digging into? He would just let his mind wander and eventually he’d feel a need to go see him. Which was fine for now, because Zaira would never let him go. “Yeah. It did. A lot. But I was also bery worried and sad. So I didnt feel it as much.”
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 7:14 pm

Jeremy and her had a very tight bond. It wasn't like the one she had with Kurtis, no this was a much different love. He spoke about what had happened and she hummed, because now she was curious. "Did it feel like that when I bit you?" she asked. Maybe hearing that it had hurt him would deter her mind from trying to convince her to just lean in and sink her teeth in to his neck. "I mean, you barely reacted - To me you looked like you were as shocked as I was?"
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 7:23 pm

“It… didnt hurt. Maybe for a second, but then…” he began to trail off, unsure where he was headed with his own words. Because it had felt good. Very good. Like it had been the good he had been looking for for a long while now. “.. No it didnt feel the same. When Damiano bit me it wasnt to feed on me.” He pointed out. Could that change how it felt? He wasnt sure that pondering would give much of an answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opening the Can of Worms   Opening the Can of Worms - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Opening the Can of Worms
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Northern District :: Northern living quarters :: Monroe Road-
Jump to: