Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Kurtis

Kurtis

Full name : Kurtis Trevino

New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 6:16 pm

Jeremy thought it had been a nice day with not that much of pain in his shoulder except for when he moved a little too much. But bumping into Kurtis just seemed to make the wound reopen and bleed once again. Kurtis however just stood there, confused and angry as he still didnt even know what had happened to Jeremy to begin with. Her bark made him come back to reality, walking over to help Jeremy. "Fuck it hurts... You really forget to just think sometimes, dont you?" the nephilim swore, which he usually didnt. Kurtis ignored the remark and just supported him as they went to the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

Full name : Emanuele Zaira Rojas

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 6:23 pm

Zaira went ahead, setting up some wound cleaning and the ointment from last night. She hated blood, but she needed to look past it and just help her friend. Kurtis brought him in and if he thought he was off the hook, she made sure to keep him occupied. "Cut a new patch, the strip is in the top drawer," she told him looking at Jeremy with an apologetic look. She felt guilty once more, but for now she focused on him.
Removing the patch revealed the wound, looking rather bruised now and fresh blood flowing from it. She gulped but cleaned it off as gently as she could. "It's going to sting more today," she said, her hand shaking a little as she applied the cleaning solution, but she got it done, letting it sit and do it's thing before dabbing away the excess. "You got the patch ready?" she asked Kurtis, not sure if he was even paying attention. Her fingers were gently spreading around the fresh ointment, the cooling of it hopefully soothing the nephilim soon enough. "I think it pulled a bit too much on his skin when I applied it last night ... Would you give it a go?" she asked Kurtis, not daring to look at him, because that would hurt too much.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 6:37 pm

Jeremy was placed on a chair and Kurtis thought that was it. At least he hadnt expected Zaira to just be giving out orders like she did. He got what she asked but it wasnt like he knew what it was she needed. He hadnt patched up people before. When he dealt with his own wounds, it was different, probably far less clean than this. Jeremy nodded at the warning but whimpered as she cleaned it. The skin was starting to get irritated from the reopening and it was going to be sore again. Kurtis handed her the patch without a word, looking to the wound before it was fixed. “Who bit you?” He asked, looking to Jeremy who just looked away. Had he just said some random name or at least something, then Kurtis probably wouldnt have thought of it at all. But it was the slight shame or hurt in his eyes that gave it away. “Just leave it.” Jeremy quickly said but Kurtis shook his head. “Shut the fuck up.”
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 6:42 pm

The patch was back on and hopefully there hadn't been too much damage done. She packed up the supply, making up with herself in her mind that she'd leave as soon as she could. Give the guys some space, but then they started bickering. "Would the two of you stop having telekinetic conversations and maybe start calming down?" she asked, her eyes went to Jeremy and then Kurtis. The mistake she made was lingering as she looked at the lycan, looking away as she frowned. It was awkward and it hurt so bad.
She heard her phone ringing upstairs and she excused herself.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 6:54 pm

Jeremy sunk into his seat at Zaira’s question but Kurtis was more defiant. Probably because he was still so angry with her as well that it was like anything she’d ask him to, he’d want to do the opposite just out of spite. She left them and it was quiet for a bit before Jeremy broke it. “You’re making a mistake if you think this will make you happy.” - “Oh yeah, let me ask the you of all for some good ol’ relationship advice.” Kurtis barked back. Jeremy just shook his head, rather carefully but getting a motion through. “Why’d you break up with her?” He asked. Kurtis frowned for a bit as he looked at him with genuine confusion which made Jeremy a little confused as well. The lycan sighed and mumbled a few angry words to himself, walking up to Jeremy’s room where Zaira would be.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 7:01 pm

Zaira was in conversation on the phone, her brows frowned as she paced around, limited by the charging cable. "Yeah, okay," she muttered. She clearly wasn't doing too well, her eyes fluid as she just hated this whole situation. "Yeah, uhm, I'll figure something out," she said, biting her lower lip. Fuck, they were actually detaining her mother. She was being put in jail until trial. Tapping on Jeremy's desk she tried remaining calm, "No, not I'm fine, I can take care of myself," she said, scratching her neck a little. Fuck, she couldn't let her mother know all of this. She had enough trouble to go through. Luckily she had a good lawyer, but it seemed as if everything was just up in the air right now. "Yeah, love you too mami," she said before hanging up.
Placing the phone down, she was shaking a little bit. She just needed to gather herself, rubbing her eyes just to get those damn tears to disappear. Taking a few deep breaths she turned around and that was when she saw Kurtis. She just looked at him, hurt in her eyes but she didn't even know what to say. "Please don't yell at me right now," she pleaded.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 7:07 pm

He didnt hear the whole conversation but he caught enough to get that something had happened. It did make him calm down just a little bit rather than just barge in all ready to have a fight. He watched as she stood there, her hands shaking and how she rubbed her eyes. She turned and he still looked sour as ever but alas it could have been worse. “Why are you saying we’ve broken up?” He asked, because he wasnt really sure how she had even come to that conclusion to begin with. He was still hurting and now this as well. He had just thought that they were angry at each other and eventually would have talked it out, but Jeremy believing they had broken up brought a whole other light to the situation. “Is it something you want?”
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 7:13 pm

She had expected him to ignore her wishes, scold her for taking up refuge in his best friend's house when he needed him more. But then a question came than made her blink and do a double take. "What?" she wasn't sure she heard that right, but then he asked her something in regards to it, shaking her head no. "I asked you, I yelled after you as you left and I took your silence as a clear sign that you didn't want me anymore," she said, although saying it out loud made her shake again. It had been such a horrible feeling.
She knew she hadn't been able to give him what he wanted, and when she had brought up that she found it strange he had lashed out at her. "I love you, Kurtis, I love you more than anyone I've ever loved before," she said, looking at him with hurt eyes, "and when you just left ..." It was hard to even find words for what feeling she had had inside. All her fears bubbling up and her insecurities making her feel less than.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 7:26 pm

“I didnt hear any yelling but I was also so pissed that I almost got run over by a car.” He said, not remembering if she had yelled after him or not. He had probably been too busy fuming in anger. She said she loved him again, but this time he didnt soften up like he had in the library. It was like he didnt want to feel that hurt again. “… so I wouldnt just do some dumb shit because I was angry.” He continued her sentence to add his side. He knew he had been a dick for leaving but he thought they were past the uncertainty. “It’s been a shit week. I just wanted time to pass so it would just blow over. Yes it wasnt fair to you, but no, I cant just change who I am and how I deal with my problems.” He said, still remembering quite clearly how she had called his way of handling issues fucked up. That would probably sting for a while. “It really fucking hurt when you said what you said. Like more than anything, even more when you were gone, because it feels like that’s how you just see me. As some fucked up person.” He said, gritting his teeth as it pissed him off to talk about. But he knew she wanted to talk things through so that was what they would do now.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 7:36 pm

A shit week. The notion made her scoff, looking down as he went on to talk. She shook her head as he spoke about how she might look at him. "Because I felt like you only wanted my body to forget ... Because I'm still scared that one day you will just go haywire and act out, or I don't know, my fears don't have to be rational," she argued back, wrapping her arms protectively around herself. Had this just been one big misunderstanding? She couldn't believe it, and yet he was claiming it was. She took a deep breath her knuckles turning white from grabbing on to her arms so tightly. "I don't see you as fucked up," she finally said, looking at him with sad eyes. "In fact I see you as the strongest person in the whole world," she disclosed. They didn't talk about this stuff, they were just the kind of couple to sum things up. It was much easier to just say I love you than to go in to detail about every thing they liked about each other. "I think you're incredibly smart, I love how your brain works and how creative you are ... Honestly I think you're the coolest person ever and I wanna be around you like all the time," was there really much more to say? There was. "You don't have to tell me all of your troubles or what goes on at home, I respect that you want to deal with stuff on your own time - But that disappointment in your eyes yesterday made me feel so ... Little ... Like I wasn't worth more than what I could give you in that moment."
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 8:05 pm

She argued back and she was right that she could have her fears. It probably hadnt helped if they had tried speaking about it when he was super angry at her. He kept quiet till she spoke, drawing in a deep breath though it was hard to believe that she didnt see him as fucked up when he had believed that for some days now.
She spoke about the qualities that she liked about him and he looked down. He was bad when it came to talk about his feelings and even worse was he at receiving compliments. He ran a hand through his hair, moving his hair off his face as he looked down. "I'm sorry." he said, not knowing what else to say as it had just been everything coming together and he had probably over exaggerated. "It's just too much to deal with all this too, arguing, not talking, being angry and hurt. It was fine when we were just doing homework, I just like spending time with you like we did in summer."
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 8:09 pm

He apologized and she bit the inside of her cheek. "I'm sorry too," she said as he then went on to talk. Yeah, this summer had been really great, hadn't it? She walked closer to him, carefully holding her hand out, letting him decide. "I'm not trying to complicate things, I'm really not," she said, hoping he would take her hand, but again it was up to him. "You're the best person to be around, and I can make you a promise that I'll never break up with you, ever," she said. If he took her hand, he would feel how relieved she was that he touched her. He would also feel how cold she was, and the nerves hiding beneath the surface.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 8:26 pm

She said she was sorry too and he just nodded. She moved closer and he looked down at her hand for a bit before he took it but it was only to pull her in and hug her close. "I think I should worry more about you breaking up with yourself through me." he said, but he was just trying to be funny, it even made him smile just a little bit for a change. He kissed her hair and drew in a deep breath. "I'm glad you two could figure it out." Jeremy said just to announce that he was entering.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 8:32 pm

Zaira couldn't help but chuckle softly, hiding her face away in his chest. Although his attempt at being funny just made her pinch his arm, "still a dumbass," she muttered to him, but this time it was more lighthearted. She heard Jeremy, turning her head, as she saw him coming in to the room. "Such a fanboy that one, huh?" she said before her face turned a little more serious. "Can I ask for something stupid?" she said, pulling out of the hug with Kurtis, but still standing close to him, just feeling him actually be there.
"I kinda need some money ... I wanna go visit my mom and yeah," she said before it dawned on her that Kurtis didn't know. It felt awkward to tell it, so she just got it over with, catching the lycan up to what had happened and also explaining what she had been doing here in the first place. "There's a bus that goes out to the jail, so it would only be a bit of spare change," she said, not wanting to ask for much.
Back to top Go down
Damiano

Damiano

Full name : Damiano De Angelis

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 8:34 pm

That was when Jeremy's phone buzzed on the table. A reply from Damiano's number.

[Messages between Damiano and Jeremy]
[Damiano:] Hi, this is Giana
[Damiano:] Damiano can't have his phone right now
[Damiano:] I'm sorry 'bout what my brother did
[Damiano:] You want me to pass on a message?
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 8:51 pm

He mumbled a faint ow at her pinch but didnt mind. Jeremy was quite a fanboy wasnt he? But Kurtis was pretty sure it was all for someone making Zaira happy more than the lycan. Her question made him nod as he looked at her. When she asked for money, he did kind of think that it related to the situation she was talking about on the phone. She went on to explain and he drew in a deep breath. Without saying much he took out his wallet and just took his card out. He didnt have cash, it just didnt make sense to him. "This is all I can give you but you can use it for whatever." he said, kissing her temple. That was when Jeremy's phone buzzed and he looked to the nephilim. "Who is it?"
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

Full name : Jeremiah Joseph Wright

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 8:51 pm

"Giana, his sister." Jeremy mumbled as he picked up the phone. He clearly wanted to answer, but he felt Kurtis' eyes on him. "You dont even know what happened." - "Is an explanation needed? He hurt you physically." the lycan argued.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 8:58 pm

He handed over his credit card which was a big gesture. She nodded, thanking him, closing her eyes as he kissed her temple. Gods, it just felt good to have him close. Especially now that she needed it the most. The phone buzzing made her frown, but she feared what it was. Deep down she knew who it might be, but she hoped it was just a class mate or perhaps an automated text from his phone company telling him he was about to run out of data. But then he said who it was and she shook her head lightly. She had to agree with Kurtis here.
"Jere, regardless of what happened, you are not in a state in which you can just go out and do whatever," she argued. Yeah, sure he might feel bad for the hybrid, but if he didn't heal up first then it could all get worse. "Just ... Think about it twice before you do anything, okay?" she couldn't tell him what to do, but she could be there to advise him. Looking up at Kurtis she sighed, "c'mon stringbean, let's go make some food for us all," she said, pulling him with her and giving Jeremy some time alone to think about his choices.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 9:29 pm

Kurtis had nothing to add to what Zaira told Jeremy, because he would probably say some shit that would piss of the nephilim anyway. Instead he went with Zaira to the kitchen to help her with the food her and Jeremy was in the middle of making. Jeremy looked at his phone, considering what he should write.

[Jeremy:] Thanks. I'm healing so dont worry about me.
[Jeremy:] How is he?
Back to top Go down
Damiano

Damiano

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 9:38 pm

[Damiano:] He has seen better days that's for sure
[Damiano:] He wants you to know how sorry he is ... Although he wish he could say it face to face yk
[Damiano:] I've never seen him this bad before
[Damiano:] Mom n dad are talking about sending him to some phsych ward place or something
[Damiano:] I know he won't go ... but he needs to ... he needs real help

Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2021 1:43 am

[Jeremy:] Well just tell him that I meant what I said. That’s all he needs to know.

He wanted to write more but he followed Zaira’s advice and decided to be smart about what he was going to send. Though he didnt like the idea of not getting to see Damiano again, it just made his chest tighten.

[Jeremy:] Save my number on your phone and please keep me updated.
[Jeremy:] Either that or I’ll have to come around again like last time.

The last message was probably unecessary but he also thought that it was important to point out that he cared enough to come back m, even if it was the dumbest thing he could do.
Back to top Go down
Damiano

Damiano

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2021 5:00 am

[Damiano:] I'll pass it on
[Damiano:] I'll write you whenever I know something new
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2021 5:04 am

Zaira had jumped up on the counter, trying to let Kurtis do the cooking while she overlooked. "Careful with the eggs, they might burn if you look away for too long," she warned him as he had just turned up the heat. Always so impatient. She looked up as Jeremy came in to the kitchen. He looked upset. "So ... What did Giana have to say?" She thought it was a bit cowardly to have one's little sister write and apologise. But then again, she wasn't there to have the full context.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy

Jeremy

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2021 11:15 am

“If they burn I swear I’ll eat them anyway.” The lycan said with a soft chuckle. He heard Jeremy enter but was quite busy watching the eggs. Jeremy shrugged at the question. “Not a lot of good. I dont think I’ll see him again for a while.” He said, trying not to sound too hurt at the notion of that. He went over to the fridge, taking out a bottle of water that he took a sip of. Kurtis eyed him in the corner of his eye. “You need to eat some food too.” The lycan reminded him. Jeremy just shrugged. “I’ve lost my apetite.” He mumbled as he crossed his arms, holding onto the water bottle.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2021 12:08 pm

Zaira knew that Jeremy cared a lot for the hybrid, even though she wouldn't forgive the guy for hurting her friend. She watched as Jeremy went to grab a bottle of water, and she knew that feeling. The loss of appetite when you felt bad and wanted to be in control. "Jere, please," she said, looking worried. "If you want I can go check up on him?" She suggested. What did she have to lose anyways?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next