Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

To make things worse [cw]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Zaira

Zaira

Full name : Emanuele Zaira Rojas

To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 2:25 pm

Romeo chuckled warmly at his uncle, "ah I see, but we need to get going if we don't want to be late," he smiled holding the door for his uncle. He greeted Kurtis with a smile before the two headed out.
Zaira sat down again, holding his hand as she felt her whole body shake with fear and pain. Pain because she wasn't sure how she was even alive right now.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

Full name : Kurtis Trevino

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 2:42 pm

Lucius left Zaira with Kurtis who still seemed to figure out what was even going on. A nurse came in at some point to administer his pain medication but when she saw Zaira she looked at her notepad. “I can give him a bit less so he’ll be more talkative. His father didnt seem like a very nice person, so I did give him full doses so he wouldnt have to be scolded.” She explained, taking out a tray with different small vials of liquid. “Are you the girlfriend?” She asked as she prepared the first dose.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 2:49 pm

Zaira just held Kurtis' hand, zoning out while she felt her mind go crazy. A nurse entered, and at first she didn't really react until she was spoken to. "I don't want him to be in pain," she said, looking at the lycan on the bed. Nodding at the second question she let the nurse do her job, and hoping that Kurtis would soon enough be more talkative. Though just how much he could speak did worry her, especially with the tube for his lungs. "I'm his girlfriend," she finally said. She had made up her mind. She was going to stay with Kurtis. They had tried breaking up, but both of them were miserable. Looking at the nurse she wondered if she knew what was going on. Why Kurtis was in this hospital right now, because she clearly had picked up on the vibe that Lucius wasn't a good man. "Can I stay here?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 3:01 pm

“Okay. Then I wont have to worry about him looking so sad and troubled.” She said, giving him the meds through the IV in his hand. Zaira’s question made her sigh as she thought about it. “Well the family had made clear instructions to not let him have any visitors. From what they’ve told us, he was in a fight and they dont want to take any risks.” She said but then she made a slight shrug. “We’ll ask him when he’s more awake.” She remarked. “Do you have any questions? Well I guess you do have a lot, but any I can answer?”
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 3:14 pm

"And you think I might be a risk?" She asked, because she didn't look threathening, did she? She hated the lie they had told. She wanted to scream that it was the father, that she had seen it all happen, but then she could hear Lucius' vile words in her head.
"I do have a few, but I think there's only really one you can answer me," she said, looking at Kurtis with a worried frown. "Who told you to contact me now? Why not when he was admitted?" She said.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 3:19 pm

“Not at all. But I guess you could guess how annoyed his family would be if their wishes werent met.” She said with a sigh. Kurtis wasnt seemingly changing much except his hand that tensed from time to time. The question made the nurse fold her lips like she wasnt quite sure how to answer. “Well by procedure we do have to contact emergency contacts and when I asked the family they said that you had already been contacted. But what girlfriend doesnt show up when her boyfriend’s in the hospital? I wanted to be sure.” She said, before she looked at Kurtis. There was clearly something she held back on saying but it wasnt something she seemed comfortable with disclosing either.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 3:29 pm

Zaira looked at the nurse as she explained herself. She felt a worry within her and it was clear she was holding back information. "Please don't hold back on me," she said, looking at the health worker. If there was anything, she wanted to hear it. Maybe it would mean she could be on the tracks of Lucius instead of several feet behind him every time. "I live with Kurtis ... It's just absurd that they didn't tell me," she said, looking down as she guessed it was best to play up the role of a harmless girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 3:45 pm

Zaira’s insistence didnt seem to make the nurse react much other than pulling on her brows a little in contemplation. She packed away the meds and glanced at Kurtis as Zaira spoke of them. “I’m sorry they didnt tell you, but he asked about you last night so..” she paused for a bit before she frowned. “Well I guess you dont know all that they’ve done then, but I’d feel bad for telling you.” She admitted before she pulled a paper on her notepad and placed it onto the little fold out table that Kurtis had for when he would come to his senses once in a while. “I’ll just forget that I put this here.” She mumbled before walking off. It was an extensive report of all the surgery Kurtis had gone through, from the reconstruction of one of his arms to a whole other procedure that wasnt really injury related at all. But more just another example of how horrible his family truly was. Like having set him up for a surgery that would prevent any future mishaps.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 3:49 pm

Zaira looked at the report as the nurse placed it down, and she grabbed it carefully as she left. Remaining seated she flipped through all of the papers, feeling her eyes water as she read more and more. Then her eyes landed on the last procedure and she couldn't stop herself from shaking. That mad man had really gone and done this? Castration of a kid? She was furious, and then she thought ahead. That meant ... her head fell down, looking at her lap in defeat.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 3:55 pm

Kurtis eventually came to his senses, groaning as he was still in a lot of pain, but he told himself that that meant he at least was healing. He opened his eyes carefully though the world seemed a little blurry and the light too sharp. “Zaira…” he mumbled, closing his eyes again as he was collecting himself.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 3:59 pm

Zaira heard him speak, and she placed the report down, taking his hand carefully, reaching up to remove some loose hair from his forehead. "I'm right here, right here," she told him, moving closer to him, resting her elbows on the mattress. Her eyes were fluid, but she was unmoving. "Hi you," she whispered, kissing his hand carefully, not wanting him to be hurt by her being here.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 4:06 pm

She was here. He felt relieved to know that. He wasnt sure how many nurses and doctor’s he had asked and all of them just completely ignored him. He held her hand in a loose grip, opening his eyes to look at her, blinking a few times as his eyes were still adjusting but eventually he could see her. “They havent… hurt you, right?” He asked his voice tired and strained.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 4:16 pm

Hurt her? He looked like that and he was worried about her? Looking down she didn't know what to say. She was hurt, hurt in so many ways and yet she felt selfish even for that. "I'm alright," she told him, leaning down to kiss his hand. She loved him, she knew that, and even though the whole world saw them as stupid kids in love she would ignore that. "I don't have to ask how you feel, you look like shit," she said, sniffling a bit as she just wished she could take away some of his pain.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 4:26 pm

He would always put her first even if he was hurting the worst. She pointed out how shit he looked and he chuckled to then grit his teeth in pain, looking down at their hands. “I feel better now that you’re here.” He said. It wasnt true in a physical sense but at least he didnt have to worry about her being terrorized by his family. “How long has it been? They dont tell me anything. They just dope me up and then… my parents take turns on watching me.” He explained, though no one was here yet. Which meant that his mother was on her way.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 4:34 pm

"Careful," she muttered as he started chuckling only to pull a pained expression. She sighed, leaning her head down to his hand, pressing her nose against his fingers. "A couple of days," she said, closing her eyes as she still felt so scared of the interaction she had just had with Lucius. Then he mentioned his parents taking turns and she feared what his mother might say when she saw her here. "Kurtis," she whispered, keeping her eyes closed as she felt so awful, but she had to let him know, "I lost it."
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 4:41 pm

It felt longer than a couple of days but also not. Maybe it had been because he was so bored and he hadnt even been allowed to smoke so he also felt nicotine cravings like crazy. Her whisper made him frown a little but then she spoke words that made him confused until he realized. “Fuck…” he mumbled, squeezing her hand carefully with what power he had in it. He could guess that it wasnt what she had wanted by the way she kept her eyes closed. “I’m sorry.” He whispered, feeling like it was his fault for putting her through all that stress.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 4:49 pm

She started sniffling a bit more as he apologized, pressing her forehead to his hand as she was shaking a little. "I'm so stupid," she whispered, sobbing softly in to his hand as that was all she could really do. "I knew I was not going to keep it, but that didn't sting any less ... I wanted it on my terms ... And now all I do is regret that I couldn't have kept it, because ..." she whispered, sobbing because she knew what procedure had been done to Kurtis. She realized he might've not even known himself, so she sat up handing him his own file. She would read it out to him if he couldn't.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 5:06 pm

He just looked at her, listening as she went on to explain. She hadnt wanted to keep it but had wanted to do it on her terms. He could understand that. But then she spoke of regret and he didnt follow. What did she mean? He was handed the file but all the letters felt mixed together, so he had to have her read it out to him. Though when she had, he wished he had never known. He sat there and started onto a blank spot on the ceiling, not saying a thing. He just couldnt believe that he had been mutilated like that. “Zaira.. I’m going to need a favour.” He said after a while, his stare still blank. “Take that paper to social services… the police… fuck I dont know which, just someone that will care. And show them. But dont tell them who you are. Dont get involved, Lucius… he would stop at nothing” He said. He couldnt ask her to have to deal with it all on her own and he clearly wasnt in a state to do anything himself.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 5:12 pm

His reaction was heartbreaking. And she felt her heart break just seeing the way his face went through so many emotions before he seemed almost empty. Then he spoke, and it was the first time she had ever heard that he had wanted help from the outside. Looking at the file, she felt her hands shake at the task he was giving her, but she would do it. Nodding she looked at him before getting up from her seat. Slipping the file under her shirt, she secured it in between her stomach and her pants. Then she seemed to remember something. "Your father knows I'm no longer ..." she couldn't even say the word it hurt so much. Taking a deep breath she shuddered. "But he said he wanted to fix that," she said, clearly fearing the worst. She didn't want to leave Kurtis now, but she had her chance, right? Leaning down she kissed his lips carefully. "I'll be right back," she promised him, or it was rather a hope from her side.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 5:23 pm

The remark about his father knowing didnt put his mind much to ease. “What a sick fuck…” he groaned, looking at her as she prepared to leave. It would be easier if she was gone when his mom came around. He still hadnt forgiven her for telling on them, but she behaved like he had been in the wrong for not telling her to begin with. She kissed him and he looked at her as she made her promise. “I’ll make sure you’re safe.” He assured her. He carefully reached up to a patch that was attached to his chest, pulling at it and making the machine flatline even if he was alive. He then just leaned back and waited.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 5:32 pm

Zaira took a deep breath, hating the sound of the machine before she ran out, calling for doctors or nurses to come help, and getting away in the chaos that seemed to ensue. Getting out to the street she didn't waste time, heading directly to the police who made copies and wrote up a report. She was told that her age would mean she couldn't be noted down by name, and that her statement was hard to be used in court, but that the papers provided would be a case enough in it of itself.
After that she went home, staying with her mother for a while, laying low, although she came back every day to visit Kurtis. Despite the sour looks from his mother and father, she kept coming each day, sitting by his side, helping him with homework or simply just being there. It didn't matter. What mattered was that Kurtis wouldn't have to feel like he was alone.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

Full name : Romeo Altieri
Quote : I don’t want a life without you. If we die, we’ll die together.

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 5:36 pm

Romeo was sitting in there one day, reading something on his phone as Alexis had gone out to grab some coffee. He finally looked up at the couple, tilting his head to the side a bit. Kurtis was sleeping, and he had the chance to talk without upsetting the lycan too much. "He's always been very selfish, even as kids," he said calmly, straightening out his back before getting up on his feet. "I guess he always knew he was different, that he didn't belong ... But I can see that he's hurting you," he said, placing a hand on the human's shoulder. Zaira shrugged him off and he smiled softly. "Don't make this harder on yourself; You could gain a lot by getting on my good side from the beginning," he said, leaning down to place a kiss against her cheek before heading back to his seat, continuing to surf his phone as Alexis entered. He looked up at her with a warm smile, "are you sure you don't want any help with that?" he asked kindly.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 5:41 pm

“It’s fine.” She assured him and she put down the coffee. She seemed to have calmed down on the grudge she had on Zaira ever since she found out the baby was gone. Maybe it was her feeling less threatened about her son, even more now when she never had to worry about it again. She placed down a hot chocolate next to Zaira before she gave Romeo a coffee. She didnt like her husband and she didnt like Romeo much either because he was everything Lucius loved in a kid. “How’s the cheek? Do you still have to wear a bandaid?” She asked as she looked at him, taking a sip off her coffee.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

Full name : Romeo Altieri
Quote : I don’t want a life without you. If we die, we’ll die together.

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 5:48 pm

Romeo smiled at Alexis, but there was just something about his smile when he was around her that made her know that he knew every little dirty secret about her. "My cheek is fine, but thank you for asking - It has healed very nicely and I didn't even get a scar," he chuckled, taking a sip of the coffee she had brought. If he had her as his wife he would've divorced her long ago, but he bet his uncle was perhaps more kind than he was. "I was just talking to Zaira about how much of a temper Kurtis always has had; Do you remember my tenth birthday when you all came to celebrate in Italy?" he said, leaning his head back as if he was remembering a fun memory. He chuckled, shaking his head as he looked at his cousin. "You've always spoiled him too much ... He insisted on going home before we'd even had cake," scoffing he looked to Alexis. The years hadn't been kind to her, but the plastic surgeon had. "Why are you giving me that look, auntie dear, I am not scolding you, that isn't my job," he said, clearly finding it funny. He looked at Zaira, wondering how she had gotten to be so wrapped up in this.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 5:57 pm

“Well arent you lucky.” She replied a little dismayed at the notion, taking a sip off her coffee. She wasnt sure why Romeo was here, but she guessed it was something that had to do with Kurtis. Or maybe to keep an eye on her and Zaira. She never knew what Lucius planned. And she was fine with not knowing. “The weather was nice.” Was all she had to say but that was about it. She hadnt even been looking over her son that day, luckily the nanny had chimed in and told her how Kurtis didnt want to be there. She just glared at him rather than saying anything else. “No, you are right, that is not your job.” She agreed, scoffing before she got up and grabbed her bag. “I’m going for a smoke.” She said, eyeing her nephew once more. God an annoying kid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

To make things worse [cw]
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next