Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

To make things worse [cw]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Kurtis

Kurtis

Full name : Kurtis Trevino

To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 7:36 pm

Next morning was a mix of feelings. Abel was happy to have Zaira around, at least he could check on her and make sure that she wasnt spiraling down some bad emotions, but on the other hand, it was like the only real solution was not something he could give her. He could just be by her side and be a friend.
He knocked on the door, sticking his head inside. "Goodmorning. K-Kurtis texted me. He a-asked how you're doing. S-should I just s-say you're fine?" he asked, walking over before he noticed how she was cuddled up with the lycan's jacket. He didnt say anything but he didnt have to.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

Full name : Emanuele Zaira Rojas

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 7:47 pm

It was hard to let go, even harder when her subconscious knew what was going on with her body. So as she heard the knock she didn't even try to move away from the jacket. It was like she had given in, given up and just missed Kurtis. She had woken up crying, but she felt better now, or at least she told herself. As Abel stuck his head in, she looked at him, not really knowing what to answer. "Can you tell him to come over?" she asked, sitting up, holding on to his jacket as if it was a binky. "I ... I think I need to tell him," she said, shaking a little.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 8:14 pm

Hadnt it been that she was going through pretty much the unthinkable, then he would have suggested her not to keep the jacket so close, but the thing is that she was and he could understand the need for comfort. Her question made him draw in a deep breath and he little reluctantly nodded. Her next words however made him frown. "Are y-you sure?" he asked. He wanted her to be a hundred percent sure. He couldnt imagine it turning out great, so if she was only doing it out of guilt or something else, then it would probably turn bad fairly quickly. If she was, he'd sit down next to her with his phone. "He may g-g-get angry. It would be very like h-him. But I'll be here with you a-all the way."
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 8:28 pm

She nodded at his question. She was really sure. She needed to tell him and just rip off that band-aid. "If he gets angry that's fair," in all fairness she should've told him when she had found out. But she had been so scared. Scared that he would do something reckless or out of character for him. Looking down she sniffled a bit, smiling sadly. "Even if he hates me, he has the right to know," she said feeling so scared. "Besides ... The longer I keep this going, the worse it gets."
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 8:54 pm

"U-uh. I wouldnt say it's fair." he argued but that was just because he knew from their past that Kurtis could be unreasonable angry. He reached over and grabbed her hand. "O-okay, I-I'll text him." he said, holding his phone so she could see as well. It took a bit for the lycan to answer and Abel frowned a little at his answer.

[Kurtis:] I dont have time right now.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 8:59 pm

The reply made her frown, feeling her body shake a little. Her mind instinctively thought about the worst thing. Was he with his father? Was he getting beat up? Or what was truly going on here? She took out her own phone, finding his number with ease as she called him up. "Pick up, please pick up," she muttered as she held the phone to her ear. She was shaking with fear now. Needing to hear his voice, know that he wasn't hurting or getting hurt. She just wanted to hear his voice. Zaira was starting to struggle to breathe, actively having a panic attack, "please Kurt please," she whimpered.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 9:18 pm

It rang for a bit but then the lycan picked up, sounds of a busy street quite present. “Hey.” He said, though he wasnt really sure why she was calling him. But then he thought about it and realized. “You’re with Abel right now.” He said in a neutral tone. Or at least it sounded that way. “I’m not home. Or in the city.” He explained.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 9:21 pm

"Kurt," she breathed out, but she barely got to say anything as he just cut her off in his neutral tone. She felt a few tears run down her cheeks. He wasn't home. He wasn't even in the city? "Where are you?" she whispered, trying not to let him heart the fact that she was crying. "When will you be back?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 9:30 pm

“Korinthia. My mom decided last night that it was time for some mother-son time.” He said, moving away from all the noise to a more quiet area. Her question made him frown a bit. “A day maybe two, depending on my mother’s mood. Why?” he asked because something seemed off. Or well nothing had seemed right since their split but this was different.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 9:33 pm

A day or two? She was shaking now. Would she even muster up the courage to say it when he returned? Would she ever be able to say what she had been struggling with? She was silent for a while, looking down at her hands that were covered in the sleeves of his jacket. "... It's nothing," she muttered, not being able to hold back a sniffle, "just wanted to return your stupid jacket." And with that she hung up, throwing her phone across the room as she was shaking. That was when she started sobbing. She couldn't do it. She was a fucking coward.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 9:47 pm

It was a good thing that he was dense in some way because it would have been easy to tell that it was not just about returning a jacket. But he also wasnt completely dumb so her sniffle didnt go unheard but he didnt say anything. She hung up before he could say anything and Abel looked at her with worried eyes. She sobbed and he placed an arm around her, gently rubbing her back. "It's o-okay." he said in a soothing voice. "L-let's just f-forget for a day that all t-this is h-happening and go out f-for lunch. We c-can catch up, I c-can tell you about A-America and you c-can sit there and listen?"
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 9:56 pm

She leaned against Abel, sobbing as she just pulled that stupid jacket closer to her. She felt so stupid. She felt so small and scared and alone. And yet here Abel was, holding her, soothing her back and she just leaned on him for the support he had. He suggested them going out for lunch and she nodded, burying her face in his chest as she just sobbed, trying to calm down.
It took her some time, but she eventually returned to only sniffles, and she seemed to calm down. "Yeah," she whispered. She was hungry as all hell and needed to eat if she wanted to feel just slightly better. "But I don't want to talk about ..." well it was pretty obvious she wasn't in the mood to talk about her own situation right now. She just wanted to do what he had suggested. He would talk, she would listen.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 10:06 pm

"G-good." he said to her whisper, though as she made it clear that she didnt want to talk about herself, he nodded in agreement and smiled. "Of course. I-I think I h-have enough to t-talk your ears off anyway. A-Americans are w-weird." he chuckled, getting up if she felt good enough to go. "Do y-you want to borrow something? M-my sister s-still has some clothes, if you're not f-freaked out b-by wearing a t-terminal ill girl's c-clothes." he said, walking over to a closet. It was fairly simple clothes, nothing fancy.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 10:10 pm

She got out of bed, pulling the jacket closer. Was it weird that she felt so fucking weak? Looking at her phone on the ground she could see the screen was cracked, but she could care less, following Abel to the closet. Looking at the different options she shrugged at his words. "I'd actually rather borrow something from your closet," she confessed. She felt like she needed baggy clothes, something to cover up and not the preppy clothes his sister had. "If you don't mind," she added.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 10:46 pm

"M-mine?" he repeated but then he smiled and nodded. He didnt mind at all. "Are you g-going to keep holding o-onto that?" he asked, though it was somehow something he was expecting. It seemed like a good source of comfort. He let her roam his closet and once they were both ready, they could head out. It was good thing that it was already weekend, adding more trouble to their list had they been skipping school together. Not that he wouldnt have done that for her. "The s-sun is out." he remarked as they stood outside. It wasnt warm anymore but at least it wasnt a grey and boring day.

It was the late saturday night after their day off and Alexis had decided to cut the trip a little short, mostly because Kurtis was definitely not having fun at all. And once they had gotten home, Kurtis had gone out to one of the house parties that were announced to be held this week. He got drunk and had fun until he didnt feel like being there anymore. A girl was playing with the collar on his shirt, offering him a place to sleep but somehow he just wasnt in a mood for that. He backed off from her reach before he walked out, pulling out his phone to Zaira. He knew he shouldnt, he wouldnt have hadnt he been slightly drunk. If she picked up, he’d say that same that he would to her voicemail. “I dont want to go home tonight.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 4:02 am

She knew he was talking about the jacket and she nodded. She hated herself for keeping it, but she also knew that it was that last thing she had of Kurtis. Maybe with it she could let go of the lycan. They headed out, having lunch and spending the most of the day away from the apartment. She had called her mom, making sure she knew where she was, but it turned out she was away on some business for the club. She guessed that was what you got from not listening and being in your head.

That night she knew there was a party. She knew because half the school posted about it, and it was hard to ignore. She had convinced Abel to stay over at her place. Seeing that her mother was gone she could get dressed in her own clothes. Putting on some movie she sat leaned up against Abel, half asleep already as her phone rang. Startled she picked up, "hello?" She muttered. But then she heard his voice and she felt her throat close up. "You can come by," she said without really thinking about it. The last thing she wanted was for Kurtis to feel like this, and she wanted to see him anyways. "My mom isn't home," she added, just letting him know that he didn't have to worry about parental supervision.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 6:49 am

“Thank you.” He said a little distant before he hung up. He wasnt far away, so maybe he could sober up jur a tiny bit from all the cold fresh air. Abel had seen Kurtis’ name on the phone screen, looking at Zaira as she had hung up. “I guess that’s the c-cue for me to l-leave you two alone.” He said, getting up to get his stuff. “We c-can k-keep hanging out a-all you want.” He clarified in case she thought he was tired of her. He wasnt. “You’re one of my c-closest friends so I-I care a lot about you.” He said. He waited for the lycan to be at the gate so he was sure he was here. And then he snuck out to wait for Kurtis to get inside. He didnt think that now was going to be the big reveal if Kurtis had been to a party, which was most likely. The walk had worked wonders and he barely felt drunk the moment he arrived at her house. But it was pretty much all just a placebo feeling and he was in fact still drunk, but it didnt feel that way. When he reached the door and knocked, he felt some sort of dread inside. He couldnt pinpoint it, but if she opened the door, he’d look at her like he was just some lost boy. Which he essentially was, he just never showed it.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 7:17 am

Zaira nodded, thanking Abel for today, and for everything he had done so far. He was really the friend she needed right now. When Kurtis showed up, she headed for the door, opening it for him. He looked like a lost kid. Though he probably would hate it if she pointed it out. "It's not like you to knock," she remarked, stepping aside to let him in. She was still wearing his jacket along with her own comfy clothes. "I'll grab some food for you," she said, walking out in to the kitchen where she opened the fridge. She could feel the nerves in her body going crazy, and she was scared that she couldn't keep it at bay.
Returning she placed some food and a water on the
coffee table for him, silently sitting down in the couch and pulling a blanket up around her. She felt like she needed to hide her body. Not that she was showing, no it was way too early for that but she felt self-conscious.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 10:30 am

The remark made him sigh as he shrugged. It seemed more like a privilege he had had when he was still her boyfriend. Now he had to knock like everyone else. He stepped in and hummed as she went to get him food. He had noticed her wearing his jacket but he had also noticed how the place reeked of Abel. He went into the livingroom, sitting down with a sigh, he didnt feel like sitting on the couch so he sat in front of it so he could lean back against it. Okay, he hadnt completely sobered up, he felt that now. She came back with food and he lifted his head, thanking her for it before he started eating. When he was done and took a sip off the water, he glanced towards her. “Are you cold?” He asked, because it sure seemed like it with all the layers.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 10:36 am

It felt so strange, and yet so familiar to have him around. She sat down in the couch, still not sure how to act around him, so she just gave him some space. Staring at the TV as he ate she was just quiet, and she hadn't thought about what she was wearing until he commented on it. Looking down she sighed, "yeah," she said, but it wasn't really cold as in her body was cold. She felt cold in her soul, in her heart, but saying that wouldn't help anything. "How was the party?" she instead asked. She had purposefully not gone, because being faced with alcohol wasn't an option right now.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 11:41 am

“It was lame, I dont want to talk about it.” He said as he got up on his feet and went to sit next to her. He couldnt just ignore when she was cold it was something primal in him acting out. “My foot finally feels normal again.” He said as he looked down on it. Why he had to say that, he didnt know. Maybe his drunken self finally felt like processing what had happened that night and why they had had to break up because of it. “Can we hold hands?” He asked as he looked towards her and the blanket around her. Abels smell was still so strong but he didnt want to start believing assumptions.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 11:47 am

He didn't want to talk about it. So that meant he had been spending his time making out with girls she bet. She hated thinking like that, but perhaps it made it easier for her. To understand that they weren't together anymore. He got up and she looked down to his foot, seeing glimpses of how it had looked and the snap she heard. Shivering she started fiddling with her thumbs as he sat down next to her. Her lower lip started quivering as he asked to hold her hand and she pulled the blanket closer around her as if to protect herself. "No, I think it's best if we don't," she muttered, staring at the carpet with hurt eyes. "I still feel like shit and it wouldn't be fair to you," she added, hoping it would make sense.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 11:59 am

She muttered and he frowned a bit, looking down at his feet. The addition didnt change his stance much. “Well, I hurt you so wouldnt it only be fair?” He asked, turning his head towards her. He loved her so much. And he could still feel that love. It made him annoyed because the last thing he wanted was to be hung up on someone he couldnt have. “I’m going to start looking for my own place soon, so I dont have to be around my dad. I talked to my mom and she agreed to help me find an apartment that could be in her name.” He explained, fiddling a but with his fingers now that he couldnt hold her hand.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 12:05 pm

She felt nervous, and she knew that if he hadn't been out drinking he had been able to feel just how terrified she was. Scared that the secret she bore would make him freak out. She hadn't ever been scared of Kurtis hurting her, but seeing what he had gone through with his parents, part of her had to admit she was afraid. She just shook her head. It wouldn't be fair. None of this was fair. She cared for him so much, she wanted to be with him, but he had decided what was best for them. He had broken up with her. "I think that's a good thing," she said, putting on a trying smile. She watch him fiddle with his fingers and she knew she was doing the same. So she reached over, taking his hand and just holding it. "You need some place safe to stay."
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 12:18 pm

“Yeah.” He mumbled, looking at his hands. She reached over and took his hand and that made him a little surprised. But it also calmed him down, even if he couldnt really make out what she was feeling right now. “I had a safe place before.” He argued with a wrinkle on his nose. “And then I ruined it by introducing her to my fucked up family.” He said as he turned his head to look at her. He could feel there was something up with her something not right. “Are you scared of me now?” He asked. What was it that was scaring her? Did he seem like his father? The thought alone made his heart ache and not in that good way like whenever they kissed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To make things worse [cw]   To make things worse [cw] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

To make things worse [cw]
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next